** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

South Africa League ABSA 2012/2013

I have written several times about the huge expectation from Mamelodi Sundowns this season. They have spent money to recoup a good squad. Coming from the back of two good results in the second half of the league, now it seems they have started gelling. They can still make the top 4 position if they maintain the rythm. They are the team of the moment in SFL with Mphela, Laffor, Mushekwi all on-song and are constantly posing threat to defence lines. In their last two matches, I hadn't given them much chance, but they proved me wrong. At home, they held league leader Kaizers Chief to barren, and in their last match away to Martizburg, they thumped them 3-0 despite the fact that home advantage do count in the two team's meeting and besides, Martizburg had looked more fortified with the return of other two regular players. Golden Arrows are coming from a disappointing 1-0 loss when they welcomed Amazulu. It was a KZN derby where Amazulu usually had the better share and the last one was no different. Perhaps bookies thought Arrow might consolidate on the confidence they got from their first away victory and translate that into that match against Amazulu, hence making them favourite. For the sake of this pick, one thing to note however is that several chances were missed, goalkeepers superbly rosed to the occasion and Arrow's ball came off the the crossbar just two minutes after Amazulu's goal. On travel to the yellow nation however, coach of the arrows Maqoba Mangqithi should fancy their chance. Ironically, arrows began to play more confident on travel. They've been scoring comfortably and yet forget their defence lines too often. They've scored 8 goals and conceeded 11goals in their last 4 matches on travel. It could be hard to know which side of Mamelodi Sundowns shows up today, but their is some quantum leap of confidence in the team after their resounding away victory. Golden arrow will come here fancying their chance as well in other to amend their last derby loss. So I feel we'd see goals. Pick: Mamelodi Sundowns & Over 2.5 goals

Re: South Africa League ABSA 2012/2013

I have written several times about the huge expectation from Mamelodi Sundowns this season. They have spent money to recoup a good squad. Coming from the back of two good results in the second half of the league, now it seems they have started gelling. They can still make the top 4 position if they maintain the rythm. They are the team of the moment in SFL ...
The result against Arrows was bloody typical of the Brazilians they will always be inconsistent and have been for several seasons. Unfortunately the club ethos has been to just buy any star player and throw them all into a star laden squad. It takes one helluva manager to make such ego's gel...Unfortunately as well as Mosimane has 'steadied' the ship the chances of them making the top 4 are extremely remote. The true form side of the division are Pirates who are grinding out win after win based on a defence that is going at under 0.50 goals per game. Tonight Platinum Stars had the better of things but Pirates took the 3 points (same as against Supersport last week) despite playing badly. There is a steel in that side that Sundowns will never have and is based on a core of players who have risen through the ranks from Youth level (that sort of thing breeds team spirit). I would suggest that teams such as Free State Stars, Platinum Stars and even Wits (with Barker as coach) are the form sides of the division and will all finish above Sundowns. I do a lot of SA tips...if your interested you can will often be able to find them here.

Re: South Africa League ABSA 2012/2013 Sorry sureseye forgot to post the link here you go...now that I know that there is another oke keen on the Saffa stuff I will be sure to post in here. Because of the general lack of goals it can be a decent place to have a bet. (http://www.punterslounge.com/tipster-competition/tipsters/view/GeorgieBoyd1)

• 8 months later...