** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League 2013 - Week 3

kevshat

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 21 February 2013[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wade, J v Lewis, A (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.65 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Thornton, R v Newton, W (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.15 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.85 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.43 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Whitlock, S v Taylor, P (20:15 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.45 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.02 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Van Gerwen, M v Van Barneveld, R (21:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.41 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hamilton, A v Anderson, G (21:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.15 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.88 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Premier League 2013 - Week 3 Week 3 previews: 4pts J.Wade to beat A.Lewis (DNB) 6/5 BetVictor Neither of these players are in tip top form but I think that will suit Wade more than Lewis. Wade has no problems at all with scrapping wins out and not playing well whereas you feel Lewis wants perfection when he wins, although in his current form he’d take any win he can get I would imagine. Wade showed signs last week that his form isn’t far away and he has a good record against Lewis. That good record can give him the belief to win this but with it likely to be tight I’ll take him draw no bet. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wade-vs-lewis-betting-james-wade-can-continue-the-misery-that-is-adrian-lewis-form-in-bournemouth 4pts R.Thornton to beat W.Newton 23/20 Blue Square If the form of the first two weeks is anything to go by then Robert Thornton should win this. He’s won his last three matches against Newton and he’s played as well in the first two weeks of this tournament as I’ve seen him play for a long time. I get the feeling Newton is feeling the pressure of the environment he is in and that pressure will only escalate the longer he is pointless in the competition. Thornton can play with a bit more freedom here and pick up a fourth win over Newton on the bounce. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/thornton-vs-newton-betting-robert-thornton-can-keep-wes-newton-without-a-point-with-win-in-bournemouth 4pts P.Taylor (-2.5 legs) to beat S.Whitlock 4/5 BetVictor Even if Whitlock was at his best we’ve seen he falls to pieces when Taylor puts the pressure on him. That won’t be lost on Taylor in this match and I’m sure he’ll look to hit the Australian hard early on. Taylor might not need to be at his best if Whitlock doesn’t improve because Whitlock’s scoring has been terrible by the standards of this competition. Whitlock will need to be at his best to have a chance here and even then he might still be beaten. If he isn’t I think Taylor will win comfortably. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/whitlock-vs-taylor-betting-phil-taylor-can-beat-whitlock-for-another-time-in-bournemouth 4pts R.Barneveld to beat M.van Gerwen (DNB) Evs Skybet These two met in the Grand Slam final last year and Barneveld won a close match on that occasion and I think he’ll win this one too but this is a little too tight for me to be brave and take him with the draw in play. Michael van Gerwen is a fantastic talent but he can have one or two too many flat throws in the scoring phase and the way Barney is scoring that could be costly. This should be a fantastic match and I’ll take Barneveld to edge it. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-barneveld-betting-raymond-barneveld-can-edge-a-win-in-the-all-dutch-battle 4pts A.Hamilton to beat G.Anderson (DNB) 6/5 William Hill Although Gary Anderson won last week the amount of doubles he continues to miss can’t inspire any confidence in him whatsoever. Andy Hamilton has only lost one of the last five against Anderson and Anderson missing doubles is a large reason why. With Hamilton having the throw here he can get off to a good start and get Anderson under even more pressure on the doubles when he’s chasing and when the misses come Hamilton can clean up and pick up the win. Given that these two drew in the league last year it’s probably worth being safe and betting draw no bet. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hamilton-vs-anderson-betting-andy-hamilton-can-take-advantage-of-missed-doubles-from-the-scot

Re: Premier League 2013 - Week 3 Wade v Lewis - Battle of the minds, both very fragile at the minute and lack form and consistency. Lewis used new darts last week and at times looked decent though. I think this is a big chance for Lewis and he knows it, i can see it being an edgey affair and to go close. Wade just doesnt score well enough lately, and is abit suspect on the doubles. Going to be the worst match of the night IMO, but a wins a win, and Lewis knows that. 7-5 Lewis. Thornton v Newton - Newton has had a tough start to this first Prem Season, but in his first game he scored very well and was completely let down on his doubles and that cost him. Last time out he improved on his doubles but ran into the man of hour Barney. Thornton on the other hand has been brilliant in his opening 2 games (Beating Hamilton and then drawing 6-6 in a very good game v MVG). Have a feeling Newton will step up and play his best stuff so should be another good game this one and i cant split them. 6-6 draw. Whitlock v Taylor - Taylor didnt play great last week, and after the first few legs was averaging below 90! Whitlock has been terrible really in his first 2 games, but he'l rise to the challenge v Taylor and play his best stuff so far, and is always capable of a big checkout to stay in legs. Is that good enough? probably not, and Taylor is still the main man. 7-4 Taylor. MVG v Barney - The double Dutch affair, and 2 of the most inform players in the World. This has the makings of a classic. Both massive scorers, and 180 lovers. Dont be surprised to see a 9 darter in this one. Again a very tough one to split, the one thing that may swing it Barneys way is the doubles, Barney is far more consistent on them. MVG does get himself chances in legs though with his scoring power, and one "off leg" from Barney will get punished. Very easy to say a draw here, but im going to sway towards MVG and him to kickstart his Premier League campaign. 7-5 MVG Hamilton v Anderson - Both these men got their first wins on the board last week and conifdence will be high. With the Hammer you know what you'l get, rarely dips, rarely gives up legs, rarely misses doubles, and scores decently. This awlays gives him a chance in matches. Anderson is almost the complete opposite, you never know what you'l get. He could throw a 9 dart leg followed by a 29 dart leg. IF he turns up he wins, but that makes him hard to back. The crowd may factor in here and swing this Hamiltons way, Anderson gets the jeers south of the boarder. Another tight one and im going to tip the Hammer. 7-5 Hamilton.

Re: Premier League 2013 - Week 3 6pts Lewis beat Wade 6/5 general Really like the odds here neither are on form but Lewis needs the win badly,we seen what he could do when the pressure was on in world cup final,the darts he threw against Ronnie Huybrechts were unbelievable.Wade was simply shocking in his last game against Hamilton and it was only the hammers poor throwing that allowed Wade back into it.The way there both playing it should be close but Lewis has so many gears to go through and under pressure i expect him to finally hit form and run out a comfortable winner in this

Re: Premier League 2013 - Week 3 Not original but im backing Taylor to beat Whitlock,I backed Simon in the first week when he played Lewis,and his scoring was awful,he managed to win the game but that was down to taking out some big checkouts under pressure and Lewis making some big mistakes.People think Taylor hasn't played great which is true but he has averaged high 90's in both games which is well ahead of Simon's average.Another bet which is much more riskier is the 180 market where Taylor is 7/5, Phil isn't renowned as a big 180 scorer as he likes to stack his darts but he hit plenty against MVG and Simon has only hit one in 2 games to date,Normally i wouldn't touch this bet but i think Taylor is overpriced if you look at the last 2 weeks scoring. Taylor win 4/9 Taylor most 180's 7/5 Taylor -2.5 legs 4/5