** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

February 18 - February 24

Re: February 18 - February 24

Gilles Simon vs Roberto Bautista-Agut. Under 20.5 games. Odds: 2.10 @ Pinnacle (9/10 stake) How is this line at 20.5 at these odds? Bautista Agut doesn't stand a chance against Gilles Simon. This match up speaks all in favour of the Frenchman. Simon wasn't playing his greatest against Haase and it was crazy that my pick didn't come through, but this is a whole other match up. Bautista Agut has no serve whatsoever and Simon is the better rally player in this game. We'll see a match with a lot of break opportunities for the Frenchman who is playing at home. Can't ignore this and the pick is a must take if you ask me. Definitely at least one break difference in both sets for Simon.
And now do you think he has a chance against Del Potro?match at 20u

Re: February 18 - February 24 Back Kei Nishikori to beat Marin Cilic for a 2/10 stake at 2.07 with Pinnacle Cilic looked quite poor yesterday and I just cannot see him getting through to the next round unless he takes his game to a new level today. He has what it takes to do that, of course, but Nishikori is playing well right now and he will like this match-up, so I am more than happy to back him as the underdog here. In all fairness, I would have the Japanese number one as the favourite here, not the Croat. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/nishikori-vs-cilic-betting-kei-nishikori-can-take-the-h2h-record-lead-against-the-croat-today Back Caroline Wozniacki to beat Petra Kvitova for a 2/10 stake at 2.56 with Pinnacle Petra Kvitova might be playing well, but these odds are nevertheless a bit off in my opinion. Caroline Wozniacki was outstanding against Bartoli yesterday and while that doesn't make her the favourite in this particular match-up, I think that she has every chance of winning this with Kvitova still being able to self-destruct at any point of the match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wozniacki-vs-kvitova-betting-caroline-wozniacki-looks-value-against-the-czech-in-dubai

Re: February 18 - February 24

And now do you think he has a chance against Del Potro?match at 20u
How I would've wished Llodra to win that match. Llodra would have destroyed Simon with his play yesterday. However this is a different match up and to be honest I don't think Simon doesn't stand a chance against DP. But for me it's a no bet match, seeing the amount of tennis DP has played and seeing that he's not at his best at the moment. Ultimately if DP is tired and doesn't show up, Simon could win it, but I can't find value in the odds.

Re: February 18 - February 24 ​Tursunov vs Muller. Over 23.5 games. Odds 1.89 @ Pinnacle (8/10 stake) Should be a banker this one. Both players are notorious servers. And Tursunov will especially have troubles with the lefty serve of Muller. Both players serving nicely and having quite a run. Won't be surprised if someone nicks this 7-6 7-6. Nothing more to add actually.

Re: February 18 - February 24 Janowicz vs Berdych. Over 22.5 games. Odds 1.8 @ Pinnacle (8/10 stake) As long as Janowicz serves well, this over also seems like a banker. Against Benneteau he served 14 aces (only 1 double fault) and saved both of the break points he faced. Janowicz will have a very slim shot at breaking Berdych's serve with his return game. If Berdych returns serve the way he did against Gulbis, Janowicz will easily get one tiebreak out of it. GL

Re: February 18 - February 24 Simon vs Del Potro. Over 21.5 games. odds 1.8 @ Pinnacle (1/10 stake) ​I think theres a good chance this game will go over the line here,And the price is just good enough for me to bite.In their past two Atp tour games both matches have went over the line(Granted one was on grass).Simon is very patchy right now but won well against Bautista-Agut and will be up for a hard court showdown with Delpo where his H-2-H form is better.Factoring in fatigue for Del Potro as well I find it hard to see either player getting through this in an easy 2 sets.

Re: February 18 - February 24 - TOMAS BERDYCH to beat Jerzy Janowicz x TOMMY ROBREDO to beat Julian Reister @ 1.88 with unibet Berdych to win (1.36): This match is going to be about return of serve. Whoever gets the best read on the delivery will win the match. I think Berdych has much the better return game and that should stand him better stead. His match against Gulbis was a good test of him after a wee break. He came through it, served well enough and most importantly took Gulbis' big hitting down. He'll need to do the same again here, but I feel he can, because Janowicz has less dexterity than Gulbis. The deeper the rally goes, the better chance Berdych has of winning it. Janowicz has yet to be broken, but this is his biggest test yet and I feel he may come a bit short Robredo to win (1.38): Fair play to Reister for making it this far, but I reckon this is the end of the road. He's had to battle through qualies, he needed two days to beat Bedene and comes up against his hardest opponent yet in Robredo. The Spaniard has made smooth progress through the draw and most importantly, seems fit and healthy. This is a big chance for him to go deep into an event and get his ranking up. He's more of a grinder than a shotmaker and that could hamper Reister, who as he gets more fatigued, could make errors. It's been a gallant week for the German, but for me, it ends here. - KEI NISHIKORI to beat Marin Cilic @ 1.80 with unibet Odds have dropped significantly since the book opened, but like CP, I'm going to play the Japanese in this one. Cilic is lucky to still be in Memphis. He somehow scraped over the line against Sijsling last night. That was a gutsy effort, but such shenanigans won't cut it against Nishikori. The Japanese enjoys this sort of match up against a big-hitter, as he likes to use their pace and transform defence into attack. Might go the distance, but this match is in Nishikori's hands and I feel he ought to prevail. :hope

Re: February 18 - February 24 Kei Nishikori to beat Marin Cilic. 2.07 @ Pinnacle (9/10 stake) I have no doubt that Nishikori is going to win this match today. H2H is 2-2, but the situation favours the Japanese entirely. He has had two matches against mediocre players to catch some form and get ready for this match. Cilic on the other hand has been very erratic returning from his week off after his Zagreb win. In fact, Cilic is extremely lucky to even still be in the tournament after Sijsling choked being match points up. Cilic was weak on return, his backhand was disastrous and the Dutchman was actually the better player during the match. Nishikori will be able to move Cilic even more around the court, being a solid

Re: February 18 - February 24 Back Stanislas Wawrinka to beat Nicolas Almagro for a 2/10 stake at 2.28 with Pinnacle Two underdogs for me today. First of all, I think that Stanislas Wawrinka has every chance of beating the Spaniard today. For me, he has been the better player of the two so far in Buenos Aires, looking focused and determined to make an impact in this event. On the other hand, Almagro has been rather flat from what I have seen, so I don't really think that he deserves to be the favourite in this clash today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wawrinka-vs-almagro-betting-stanislas-wawrinka-to-defeat-the-tough-spaniard-in-buenos-aires Back Gilles Simon to beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga for a 2/10 stake at 2.64 with Pinnacle Well, Simon did beat del Potro yesterday and this will be a similar match-up in many respects, so I would give him a better chance of making it trough to the finals than the bookies are actually giving him right now. He has been looking well recently, unlike Tsonga, who has had his fair share of struggles against both Davydenko and Tomic, needing to save about five match points yesterday before finally making it through to this round. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/simon-vs-tsonga-betting-going-with-the-underdog-looks-like-the-right-choice-in-the-battle-of-frenchmen

Re: February 18 - February 24 Back Berdych vs Tursunov over 21.5 for a 1/10 stake at 2 withPaddypower Not sure why this is at Evens,1.75-85 seems more accurate to me.Berdych has been making hard work out of plenty of matches recently,Going over this line in both his matches here already.Also,3/4 meetings between these 2 on the tour have gone over the line,Including the last 2.Tursunov needing 3 sets to beat Muller is a little bit disconcerting but with current form and past history I think this definitely has more than a 50% shot of coming in.