Racing Post chase - Saturday

bowles10

I really hope this snow thaws in time for Kempton tomorrow. Could nt believe it this morning when i woke up as it's always on a good racing day! I have been doing a bit of work on the race & i can advise the following so far: 8 out of last 10 races have been won by a horse with an official rating of 145 or higher. The 2 exceptions being Gunther Mcbride 120 & Mudahim 132. That means only Farmer Jack 152 qualifies. 8yo have won 4 out of last 10, with other ages being 6, 7, 10 (2), 11 & 12. There's a fair spread there. No 9yo though so maybe rule out Farmer Jack?, Iznogoud, Inca trail, Zaffamore & Run for paddy. Due to the spread of ages, i would be inclined to ignore this. 19 horses with a rating above 150 have taken part over last 10 years & 4 have won from 19 runners. Framer Jack is the only qualifier here. the following have won over 3 miles, AstonVille, Colonel Frank, Farmer Jack, Gunther McBride, Horus, Inca Trail, Mondial Jack, Run for Paddy, tribal venture, Zaffamore & Banker Count. I would discount all the others who have only won up to 2 & 1/2 miles. the following (out of the above) have winning form on G/S or softer, Astonville, Colonel Frank, Farmer Jack, Gunther Mcbride, Horus, Inca Trail, Mondial jack, Run for paddy, Zaffamore. If you look further, those with wins over soft & worse are: Astonville, C Frank, F Jack, Horus, Inca Trail, Mondial Jack, Gunther Mcbride, Banker count. Farmer Jack, Mondial Jack, Gunther Mcbride have course wins to their name notably Gunther Mcbride who has 4 course wins including winning this race & 2nd twice in this race. 9 out of last 10 have been 9-1 or shorter ! That may be down to the quality in the race & the amount of runners? sorry just realised that Banker Count had not been added to the above lists. Sorry again:eyes

Re: Racing Post chase - Saturday still hoping the race will be on. The snow has melted & rain is forecast for later. Think the 3m will be testing tomorrow although Kempton is a flat course. think the winner will come from: Astonville 100-1 Colonel Frank 5-1 Farmer Jack 5-1 Horus 25-1 Inca Trail 20-1 Mondial Jack 50-1 Gunther Mcbride 9-1 some juicy prices there to consider. I think i will be backing 3 on the day if the fiedl stays the same size with places down to 4th currently.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.