** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Juventus v Celtic > Wed 6th March

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Juventus v Celtic (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.37[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]10.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.74 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Juventus v Celtic > Wed 6th March 4pts Juventus (-1) to beat Celtic Evs Stan James I’m sure Celtic will have a go of some kind in this match but I think the Italians will have too much for them even though they don’t really need to go out and win this match. The quality in the Juventus squad has already seen off Chelsea by 3 goals in Italy and I expect Juventus to run out comfortable winners in this match as well. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/juventus-vs-celtic-betting-juventus-can-complete-their-stroll-into-quarter-finals-with-comfortable-second-leg-win

Re: Juventus v Celtic > Wed 6th March Juventus are tricky one to bet. They like to suprise bookies sometimes, like against Nordsjealland in this season of CL, and some home games in Serie A this season. I wouldnt pick juve to win this one at all, because they have very comfortable result from first match. Be aware of that. I like to bet on Juve in Serie A and they brought me some good money, but odds 1.30-1.35 for Juve to win is I would say not enough to attract me. Maybe options under 2,5 or 3,5 goals are best in this one.

Re: Juventus v Celtic > Wed 6th March Juventus -2 AH @ 2.75 B 365 Celtic were outstanding in the first game. Played their heart out and gave 110%, but could not counter the catastrophic decision their manager made in fielding Ambrose in circumstance well documented. Ambose gifted Juve two of the three goals, the scoreline was way above what the Italians produced on the night. Celtic have a mountain to climb and they will have to come forward and will be exposed for sure. Juve are very capable on the counter, and will be a lot more comfortable at home. On the other hand if Juve sign one of the local dossers tomorrow and stick him in at centre-half..........well, you never know:)

Re: Juventus v Celtic > Wed 6th March Juventus under 2.5 goals here, good odds @ 2.10.. They scored three in scotland there is no need for them to score here, they might even rest certain key players. Cannot imagine Celtic to score a goal here, Juventus D @ home is very tough.

Re: Juventus v Celtic > Wed 6th March Under 2.5 @ 2.08 pinnacle Juventus lead 3-0 after the first leg, and even though they were not at their best, and Celtic had their chances, doubt that the hoops can do a Liverpool, and come back from three goals down. They are much stronger at home, and tend to play better there, but on the road, they did lose 2-1 at Barcelona and Benfica, while they won 3-2 at Spartak Moscow. But they face a side well known for putting on very good defensive displays, and having kept 6 cleans sheets in their last 8 games in the Serie A, as well as beating Chelsea 3-0, beating Nordsjaelland 4-0 and drawing 1-1 with Shaktar Donetsk in their three group games in the CL, then hard to see Celtic getting much oout of this game. Juventus can afford to lose 2-0 and still progress, but hard to see Celtic troubling them, and expect a low scoring game with Juventus content to sit back and soak up the pressure

Re: Juventus v Celtic > Wed 6th March Under 2.5 - I would total agree with the above, Juventus are likely to absorb Celtic pressure, and not exert themselves anymore than needed, with the knowledge they are 3 away goals up in the tie.

Seems to be some thinking that Juve will not go flat out against Celtic. And I would expect Celtic to give it a go, first half anyways. Think there might be some value in playing Celtic on the corners. At the minute looking at: Celtic to win first corner @2.9 with Betway. Celtic over 2 first half corners @2.7 with Ladbrokes. Celtic over 3 First half corners @6.0 - Paddy Powers Any opinions? Hard game to call....

Re: Juventus v Celtic > Wed 6th March Celtic have played five away games in the Champions League this season, two qualifiers and three group games. Giorgious samaras has scored in every game, and has become the main man for Celtic in Europe. He'll probably play wide but will be a threat from set plays too (as long as he isn't being manhandled). Selection: Samaras first goal @ 15 with Bet365 e/w (Each way 1/3 Unlimited places on first goalscorers).

Re: Juventus v Celtic > Wed 6th March

Seems to be some thinking that Juve will not go flat out against Celtic. And I would expect Celtic to give it a go, first half anyways. Think there might be some value in playing Celtic on the corners. At the minute looking at: Celtic to win first corner @2.9 with Betway. Celtic over 2 first half corners @2.7 with Ladbrokes. Celtic over 3 First half corners @6.0 - Paddy Powers Any opinions? Hard game to call....
I agree its a hard game to call! :lol..Its probably an in-play one for me, if the first leg had finished 1-0 then I might have been tempted on a Juve handicap but at 3-0 they are safely through and might well just go through the motions in this one and rest some key players as the league is far from sewn up. Read elsewhere that Vidal and Lichesteiner are likely to be rested as they are one booking away from suspension. The odds will likely rise on a Juve win nearer kick off if they are resting players, but I will watch a bit of the game and see how its panning out before deciding what to play. Quite difficult to predict how either side will play it.

Re: Juventus v Celtic > Wed 6th March For me this game comes down to whether Juventus sit back and defend for ninety minutes or go for the win whilst Celtic leave themselves exposed at the back. Now the old Juventus would have sat back and defended but more and more Italian sides are going out and attacking teams these days and I can't help but think Juventus will do just that. Celtic have enough heart to put in a good performance but Juventus are in a different class of their own. Currently sitting top of the Italian League and having a real good chance at winning the Champions League this year, I see them scoring a number of goals since Celtic need four in ninety minutes to have any chance of progressing in the tournament. So for me, I'm going with the following bet: Juventus -1.5AH @ Evens /w Paddy Power

Re: Juventus v Celtic > Wed 6th March Juventus -1. Should be way to good for celtic who will have to give it a go if they want any chance of winning which should leave gaps, combined with Juventus corners -2. Expect them to dominate and put quite a few long rangers in there which will hopefully beat celtic by at least 3. Double @ 3.19

Game much as was suggested. 2-0 to Celtic on the 1st half corners, didn't get involved in the end.

For me this game comes down to whether Juventus sit back and defend for ninety minutes or go for the win whilst Celtic leave themselves exposed at the back. Now the old Juventus would have sat back and defended but more and more Italian sides are going out and attacking teams these days and I can't help but think Juventus will do just that. Celtic have enough heart to put in a good performance but Juventus are in a different class of their own. Currently sitting top of the Italian League and having a real good chance at winning the Champions League this year, I see them scoring a number of goals since Celtic need four in ninety minutes to have any chance of progressing in the tournament. So for me, I'm going with the following bet: Juventus -1.5AH @ Evens /w Paddy Power
Oh yeah! :ok