** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League 2013 - Week 2

kevshat

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 14 February 2013[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Newton, W v Van Barneveld, R (19:10 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.72 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.84 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hamilton, A v Wade, J (19:50 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.87 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.51 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Anderson, G v Whitlock, S (20:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.68 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.03 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lewis, A v Taylor, P (21:10 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.77 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Thornton, R v Van Gerwen, M (21:50 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.55 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Premier League 2013 - Week 2 Week 2 previews: 5pts R.Barneveld to beat W.Newton 8/11 Boylesports I’m not a huge fan of betting at odds on in the Premier League with the draw in play but there were a whole 15pts difference in the averages between these two last week. That’s a huge margin to make up. The other thing we have to factor in is how the Scottish crowds love Barneveld and how they give it large to the English so Wes Newton might not get the best of order in this match. The way Barneveld is playing right now I believe even 8/11 is value. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/newton-vs-barneveld-betting-raymond-barneveld-can-be-too-good-for-wes-newton-in-aberdeen 4pts A.Hamilton Most 180's vs J.Wade 5/6 Paddy Power This has become a big match for Andy Hamilton but I don’t expect James Wade to be as poor as last week, certainly not on the doubles anyway. Wade hasn’t really scored for a while which will give Hamilton confidence here. Hamilton slammed in four 180’s last week and I would expect plenty more in this match whereas Wade didn’t threaten the 180’s too much last week. That leads me to believe the 5/6 on Hamilton hitting the most 180’s here isn’t a bad bet. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hamilton-vs-wade-betting-andy-hamilton-can-outscore-james-wade-in-the-180-s-in-aberdeen 4pts G.Anderson vs S.Whitlock - Over 6.5 180's 11/10 Blue Square These two men head into this match with good vibes because neither have lost in this arena in the Premier League. Anderson has won two from two while Whitlock has two wins and a draw from his three matches here. Both men seem to bring the best out of each other and I think we’ll see a high scoring match which is very much rat-a-tat. 6.5 180’s looks high but these two really pepper the lipstick and having got the rust out of their systems last week I think that’s a line they can cover between them this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/anderson-vs-whitlock-betting-expect-to-see-plenty-of-180-s-with-two-heavy-scorers-going-at-it 4pts A.Lewis Most 180's vs P.Taylor 11/10 Betfred Phil Taylor nailed four 180’s himself last week but that’s not a normal occurrence. In saying that two of them came in one leg so it wasn’t that many really. I’ve just got a nagging feeling we might see a decent performance out of Lewis this week. He knows he needs to produce one else he is going to get slaughtered with the form Taylor is in at the minute. Lewis has been quiet this week which makes me think he’s been working hard on the practice board. I don’t know whether he will win this match but I do think he’ll hit the most 180’s with that lovely rhythmical throw of his. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lewis-vs-taylor-betting-adrian-lewis-can-hit-the-most-180-s-in-battle-of-the-last-two-world-champions 4pts R.Thornton vs M.van Gerwen - Over 6.5 180's 5/4 Blue Square I’m still reluctant to back MVG in this tournament over the short format given that he does miss doubles and I’m certainly reluctant to do so at odds on but I like the 180’s line here. It is 6.5 which MVG covered on his own last week. Thornton banged in a few 180’s of his own and that will be no different here so that line has the potential to have a mockery made of it. Even if this is one sided I still think the line will be covered. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/thornton-vs-van-gerwen-betting-expect-to-see-a-lot-of-180-s-in-the-final-game-of-the-night-in-aberdeen

Re: Premier League 2013 - Week 2 Raymond Van Barneveld to beat Wes Newton 4/6 boylesports I really fancy Barneveld to come out on top in this encounter, Newton made his premier league debut against Wade last week and found it difficult by missing 19 out of 23 doubles in his 7-4 defeat. Newton is a good player but I don't think he has the mental strength that will see him do well in the big tournaments as he tends to miss doubles at the key moments. He has had little time to settle in to the premier league environment and it is hard to see him producing the goods against Barney, who averaged 102 against Anderson last week. 99% of the crowd in Aberdeen will be behind Barney and as I said last week he has a bit more fight and passion in his game in the past 3 months which gives the punter confidence in backing him.

Re: Premier League 2013 - Week 2 R Thornton v M Van Gerwen Robert Thornton has had a good last 12 months, we all know what a year MVG as had, There is one bet I like and think Thornton can cover it, the Player 1 highest match checkout of over 89.9 , he showed that last week with finishes of 120, 117 and 104, I think if he's at his best and gives MVG a game he should be able to at least once finish over 89.9 R Thornton Player 1 highest match checkout over 89.9 5/6 Paddy Power