** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Africa Open (Euro Tour) 14th -17th Feb

BillyHills

Re: Africa Open (Euro Tour) 14th -17th Feb *Top Continental European > Maximilian Kieffer @ 16/1 Bet365* This 22 year old German has a bright future. He has caught the attention of many in his last few events. He shot a tremendous 63 in Round 1 of the Joburg Open last weekend and had the lead at one stage, but two rounds of 72 after that scuppered his chances of going close, but did finish with a nice round of 69, on -11, in a tie for 29th place. In the Omega Desert Classic the week before, he had 3 impeccable rounds before having a terrible final round of 74 after a 66,68 and 69, but still finished in a tie for 17th. He has come off the challenge tour where he had a victory, and this lad can play golf. With no irish or UK players in this market, 16/1 is a massive price in my opinion.

Re: Africa Open (Euro Tour) 14th -17th Feb 0.5 E/W KIETH HORNE 35/1 SPORTING BET 1-6 ~ Yet to win on the european but good 6th last week again this is a week field could go well again this week. Price is not that great if im honest but as i said it is a weak field and he is again on home soil & SB are paying 6 places. 0.5 EW TOM LEWIS 80/1 PP 1-5 ~ Seemed to play a lot better last week than he has been so hopefully getting back into a bit of form. A young lad with potential lets hope in time he fulfills it. Has been a few pennies about for him has been cut from 100's

Re: Africa Open (Euro Tour) 14th -17th Feb Top Scotsman 2pts Craig Lee 11/4 (BetVictor) Only 6 Scots in the field and Drysdale the warm favourite after his return to form last week, he's poor value now as consistency isn't his best feature and would rather be on Craig Lee at much bigger odds. Shot 68 in the second round last week but wasnt quite enough to make the weekend but did show he's in fair nick and had one of his best finishes since gaining his card here in the Africa Open last season when he shot -18 to finish 8th. Anything like that will be good enough this week. Poor event on the whole.

Re: Africa Open (Euro Tour) 14th -17th Feb Tournament preview: 1pt ew K.Horne to win Africa Open 35/1 Betfred (1/4 1-5) Obviously South African’s will have a good record here and while I don’t think Keith Horne is anywhere near the quality of previous winners Oosthuizen and Schwartzel I do think he has every chance of taking the title this week. He made the top 10 last week and closed with a solid 65 which should give him plenty of momentum for this week. He drove the ball solidly last week and found the greens and if he can repeat that this week he has every chance at 35/1. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/africa-open-betting-keith-horne-should-go-well-in-east-london-at-a-decent-price

Re: Africa Open (Euro Tour) 14th -17th Feb Apologies for the limited write ups this week. Taking 4 in a bid to get back into the money. G.Mulroy to win Africa Open, 2.5pts EW @ 16/1 Bet365 (1/4 odds 1-5) I backed Garth last week & am happy to do so again. Not the greatest record here but he has come out and said the course actually suits him. Is in good form and was right in the mix until the final 9 last week. What I really like is his ability on shorter tracks (2nd last year in Italy) and his ability to shoot low rounds. Excellent putting is the big strength and I really expect him to go close in a terrible field. J.Kruger to win Africa Open, 2pts EW @ 25/1 Betfred (1/4 odds 1-5) I really like Jbe here. South Africans have a good record in their home country in these co-sanctioned events. 2 top 10's here in the last 3 years and, interestingly, he was inside the top 2 going into the final 18. Now he has a tour win under his belt, I expect him to cope better with the pressure. Form has been solid recently without ever threatening in better company but last week won't have taken too much out of him as never in contention and he'll be really fired up for this. T.Fleetwood to win Africa Open, 1.5pts EW @ 25/1 Bet365 (1/4 odds 1-5) A very good player in the making. A pair of top 15's in his last 2 starts, Fleetwood is clearly hitting the ball well with 7 of his last 8 rounds in the 60's. Has always been solid tee to green and if he can hole some more putts, he's got every chance here. 18th here on his debut last year after a great first 36. Has plenty of power and that could play into his hands on some of the short par 4's and he should go well in one of the weaker events on the tour. F.Andersson Hed to win Africa Open, 1.5pts EW @ 35/1 BetVictor (1/4 odds 1-5) Quite simply for me, it's Freddie's ability to score low that draws me to him here. He's one of the streakiest players on tour and he's always ripe to throw in a 63 or 64 and it's that type of player that will win here. One of the better players with the short stick and if it's firing again, he'll be shooting low, I'm sure. Debuted here with a 18th last year and, just to underline his unpredictability, he followed an opening 74 with a 2nd round 66. Dangerous to ignore and, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, has a solid chance in a poor field.