** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

February 11 - February 17

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: February 11 - February 17 Back Nicolas Almagro to win ATP Sao Paulo for a 1/10 stake at 8.00 with Paddy Power Rafael Nadal is very likely to win yet another title, but I nevertheless like Almagro's chances in this one. He seems to be fully fit and he is certainly the second best player in the draw, so I would not be surprised by seeing him getting through to the finals without any problems and then really testing the number one seed. The odds certainly look good, especially since Juan Monaco, who is the only real danger in Almagro's half of the draw, is not playing that well right now. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-sao-paulo-betting-nicolas-almagro-should-be-able-to-go-far-in-brazil-this-week Back Jo-Wilfried Tsonga to win ATP Rotterdam for a 1/10 stake at 9.00 with BetVictor The ATP event in Rotterdam should be a contest between three players really, so I am going with the highest odds. After all, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga had a real chance against Federer just a few weeks ago, so perhaps he might be able to beat him in these faster conditions this time round. One really has to think that Federer will sometimes lose the odd match this year and this looks like a really good opportunity to go against him, so I am going to have a small punt on the Frenchman. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-rotterdam-betting-jo-wilfried-tsonga-looks-value-in-the-netherlands-this-week Back Tommy Haas to win ATP San Jose for a 1/10 stake at 11.00 with Stan James The second half of the draw is full of quality players that are not playing well right now (John Isner certainly stands out in that regard), so there might be a few upsets and I fancy Tommy Haas to go quite far as a result of that. He is an experienced campaigner that still has enough quality to beat almost anyone on a good day and the conditions should suit his game, so I am more than happy to back him at this price. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-san-jose-betting-tommy-haas-can-take-advantage-of-the-soft-draw-in-san-jose

Re: February 11 - February 17 I'm going with Tsonga as well but am taking an alternative view for San Jose: Back Verdasco e/w to win ATP San Jose for a 2/10 stake at 10.00 with Skybet As CzechPunter has stated there are a couple of good players playing off the boil here,And its hard to argue that Verdasco isn't one of them.But if there was ever a time or place for him to find some form again I think it would be here in this tournament where he's went very well previously.Two finals in the past three years here,Including one win,Just can't be ignored in my view.The majority of the contenders on the top half of the draw probably have his number,But I think he has the ability and history here to give a good performance or two to make the final. Back Go Soeda e/w to win ATP San Jose for a 0.5/10 stake at 81.00 with Boylesports Soeda is not considered much of a player at this level,But I'm prepared to have a flutter on this price.He's just won the challenger Maui event which will do no harm for his confidence.Combine this with the fact that,Bar Isner,He's beaten everyone in his quarter before,Makes me believe that logically he should stand a very good chance to make it to the quarters.Isner's inconsistency is as much a factor here as everything else and if things fall into place for Soeda I see no reason why he couldn't make the Semis here.

Re: February 11 - February 17 Back Gael Monfils to win ATP ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament @ 42.00 >Betfair I backed Monfils last week in France, and as expected he met Gasquet in the second round. Although he lost in three sets, Gasquet did go on to win the tournament, so I don't think it was all that bad a loss. He has been handed a tough draw in this tournament, and will face Del Potro in his first match. Del Potro's last match was at the Australian Open, where he suffered a shock loss to Chardy. I think it's possible that result will have knocked his confidence, and if Monfils is able to capitalise then the draw might just open up for him. Besides Del Potro, the other seeds in his half of the draw are Gasquet, Seppi and Florian Mayer. Gasquet could be tired as he has had a busy few weeks, Seppi pulled out of his last match and Florian Mayer is notoriously enigmatic. I'm happy to back Monfils again, and I think he has the potential to put together a good run in Rotterdam. Back Nikolay Davydenko to win ATP ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament @ 50.00 >Betfair Another player that I like in the bottom half of the draw is Davydenko. He lost in the first round in France last week, but otherwise has had a good start to the season. He seems to enjoy indoor conditions, and has had some good results in his career on the surface. He has been drawn against Florian Mayer in his first match of this tournament, and he should feel confident of getting a win as he leads the h2h. He would then face either Dimitrov or Tomic, both younger players who sometimes struggle to be consistent. Davydenko should have enough experience to find a way into the next round, where he could meet Paire, Baghdatis, Troicki or Gasquet. Last week in France Troicki suffered a first set bagel against Hajek before retiring in the second set, and Paire and Gasquet made the final and so could be tired, whilst in Zagreb Baghdatis imploded against Kavcic. Davydenko pushed Federer very close in this tournament last year, and I think he has a good chance of at least winning his quarter this year. Back Sam Querrey to win ATP SAP Open @ 8.00 >Betfair Raonic is the favourite to win this tournament, and that's understandable as he is the two-time defending champion. However, I don't think he has hit top form so far this season. He seems to be labouring through a number of his matches, and he appears to be continuing to rely heavily on his serve. As a consequence, this season he has played at least one tie-break in nearly every match, and that can be a risky proposition in best of three set matches. Querrey is another player who relies quite a bit on his serve, but I think in home conditions he is capable of building on what has been a reasonable start to the season for him. If he plays to his potential, I don't think there is anyone to trouble him in his quarter, meaning he might meet Raonic at the semi-final stage. Querrey beat Raonic twice last season, in what were tight matches dominated by serve, and so I think there is some value in backing him in the top half of the draw. That's all I have for now, but depending on price movements I may have some more.

Re: February 11 - February 17 Back Agnieszka Radwanska to win WTA Qatar Total Open @ 10.50 >Betfair I think Radwanska is a good price to do well in this tournament, which is headlined by Azarenka, Serena Williams and Sharapova. She has had a very good start to the season, winning titles in Auckland and Sydney and reaching the quarter-finals of the Australian Open where she lost to Li Na. She was on a run of 13 consecutive match wins before that match, and although was probably disappointed that she couldn't keep her unbeaten run going, I think she will focus on the fact that her game is obviously in good shape right now. One of her strengths is how consistent she is, and although there are some good players in her half of the draw, she should be feeling confident of making an impression this week.

Re: February 11 - February 17 1 PICK FOR WTA DOHA for me: MEDINA-2.5 GAMES HANDICAP OVER GAVRILOVA @ 1.61 on pinnaclesports Medina is coming from indoor tournament in Paris last week but still should have enough consistency against young Russian Gavrilova who has some big shots but is very erratic and inexperienced at this level.

Re: February 11 - February 17 Dimitrov to beat Tomic @2 various bookies I witnessed Dimitrov during his australian journey, he was really good against Murray @ brisbane final Tomic is a player i cant trust at all. Some say that he started the season well. But we all know that season started @Australia! There is an axiom about australian tennis players! They can not afford to play away! ok Leyton was exception.... I rate Dimitrov as more skilled player, and i think that rather sooner than later, he will build a winning streak! Lets see if today is the day! go go dimitrov!

Re: February 11 - February 17 CHALLENGER QUIMPER, FIRST ROUND, D. SELA - M. TEIXEIRA Only a short write-up, as I don't have much time today. After losing his first indoors match of the season (Montpellier, 6:2 5:7 1:6 to Hajek), Sela will play Maxime Teixeira, Frenchman who reached the best 16 last year in Quimper and holds a year-to-date indoors record of 4:2. In my opinion it is worth to back Teixeira @ 2,6 as I see this match as a rather tight affair. Small stakes recommended.

Re: February 11 - February 17 Lay Rafael Nadal to win ATP Brasil Open @ 1.75 Betfair I opposed Nadal successfully last week, and I see no reason not to do so again. Although he made the final in Chile, he was complaining about his knees and Zeballos was able to take full advantage and record a shock result to take the title. This week in Brazil the field looks stronger, with the likes of Almagro and Bellucci taking part, and as Nadal's run to the final last week might have taken more out of him than he would have liked, I can see him struggling again. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he withdraws from this tournament at some stage, and even if he doesn't there are players capable of beating him in his current condition.

Re: February 11 - February 17 Back Tim Smyczek (+1.5 sets) to beat Fernando Verdasco for a 2/10 stake at 1.83 with Pinnacle Fancy Smyczek in this one. I know that Verdasco has a great record in San Jose, but he has not played for quite some time now and we all know that he is not playing his best tennis these days. Meanwhile, Tim Smyczek has already won three matches here and should be full of confidence after that run, so he might be able to capture a set - or perhaps even two - against the Spaniard today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/smyczek-vs-verdasco-betting-fernando-verdasco-to-drop-a-set-at-the-start-of-his-san-jose-campaign Back Ryan Harrison (-3) to beat Benjamin Becker for a 2/10 stake at 1.86 with Pinnacle Harrison was practicing with the Davis Cup team during the clash with Brazil, so he should be able to get back on track straight away and you simply have to fancy his chances against Benjamin Becker, since he has already beaten him on two occasions. Moreover, the German has lost to guys like Dodig and Struff recently, so he is coming into this in no real form and I just cannot see him beating the talented American today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/harrison-vs-becker-betting-ryan-harrison-can-complete-the-hat-trick-over-benjamin-becker

Re: February 11 - February 17

Hey, I can't use PMs yet and I was going to ask you a few questions if that's okay. 1. Have you used Bet365 before? I'm not entirely sure how the bonus works. If I deposit £200 I get another £200 in bonus but I can only use that once I've played through my initial deposit. It says ''Any bets placed containing selections at odds of less than 1/2 (1.50) will not count towards any rollover requirement. '' but I'm not sure if that applies to allowing you to withdraw money or activating the bonus? And there is a 3x rollover requirement, so I'm assuming that means I need to bet £1200 in total if I deposit £200 initially? Also it says the offer lasts until 31st March. Have they done this before do you know and will they stop doing deposit bonuses all together? 2. I'm planning on doing the thing I suggested on the other thread (betting only on top 8 players, usually pre-match and sometimes in-play if I don't fancy the match pre-match), a maximum of twice a year to equal £400. I know a lot of people who bet a tenner a week on the football and this adds up to £520 which they rarely recoup so although £200 at a time seems a lot I'll probably use less money on betting and have a better chance of winning more money. How much did the person you said you knew that had done this win, and was it specifically on heavy favourites in tennis? Have you got any tips for this method. I worked out it'd take around no more than 50 bets by going all in to turn the £200 into £10,000, which is when I'd start withdrawing some.

Re: February 11 - February 17 1. That is a question for the bookmaker's forum, so ask there, I have no idea. 2. Yes, it was specifically on heavy favourites in tennis, but there is no exact method. The point is that you have to know your stuff and not just bet on a heavy favourite in every single situation, for example the Rosol - Nadal match was a no bet for quite a few obvious reasons. I am not sure about the sums of money, but your ambitions are quite high straight away, as you probably don't know that much about tennis and it is virtually guaranteed that you are not going to be perfect on the first try. There is no blue-print, but it seems ridiculous to me to have a bet twice a year. Your call obviously, but 50 bets/2 per year = 25 years. That is crazy, isn't it?

1. That is a question for the bookmaker's forum, so ask there, I have no idea. 2. Yes, it was specifically on heavy favourites in tennis, but there is no exact method. The point is that you have to know your stuff and not just bet on a heavy favourite in every single situation, for example the Rosol - Nadal match was a no bet for quite a few obvious reasons. I am not sure about the sums of money, but your ambitions are quite high straight away, as you probably don't know that much about tennis and it is virtually guaranteed that you are not going to be perfect on the first try. There is no blue-print, but it seems ridiculous to me to have a bet twice a year. Your call obviously, but 50 bets/2 per year = 25 years. That is crazy, isn't it?
Sorry I meant I'd use £200 twice a year at most so £400, still a lot less than even a tenner a week. Well I'm actually a huge tennis fan so my knowledge of the sport won't hinder me at all. It's difficult to determine how many bets it'll take but 50 should be maximum. I'll still place some bets at 1.03-1.08 but aim for some over that as well.

Looks like you are all set then' date=' so good luck to you :ok.[/quote'] Thanks mate. I'll be betting a little bit on in-play matches for winner of current set/match winner, but usually it'll just be match winner pre-match, so when I make pre-match bets this is an okay place to document them if I give a little write-up of why I select it? Might even get some support from fellow tennis fans/bettors. :D

Thanks mate. I'll be betting a little bit on in-play matches for winner of current set/match winner' date=' but usually it'll just be match winner pre-match, so when I make pre-match bets this is an okay place to document them if I give a little write-up of why I select it? Might even get some support from fellow tennis fans/bettors. :D[/quote'] Yes, these weekly threads are the right place. No tips without write-ups though.

Back Tim Smyczek (+1.5 sets) to beat Fernando Verdasco for a 2/10 stake at 1.83 with Pinnacle Fancy Smyczek in this one. I know that Verdasco has a great record in San Jose, but he has not played for quite some time now and we all know that he is not playing his best tennis these days. Meanwhile, Tim Smyczek has already won three matches here and should be full of confidence after that run, so he might be able to capture a set - or perhaps even two - against the Spaniard today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/smyczek-vs-verdasco-betting-fernando-verdasco-to-drop-a-set-at-the-start-of-his-san-jose-campaign Back Ryan Harrison (-3) to beat Benjamin Becker for a 2/10 stake at 1.86 with Pinnacle Harrison was practicing with the Davis Cup team during the clash with Brazil, so he should be able to get back on track straight away and you simply have to fancy his chances against Benjamin Becker, since he has already beaten him on two occasions. Moreover, the German has lost to guys like Dodig and Struff recently, so he is coming into this in no real form and I just cannot see him beating the talented American today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/harrison-vs-becker-betting-ryan-harrison-can-complete-the-hat-trick-over-benjamin-becker
fantastic bet on Smyczek thanks. For your info apparantly Harrison was ill but played to defend points to stay top 60 and still nearly got over the line.unlucky

Hello guys Anyone see a value in Troicki today ? in H2H he is 2-1 with 2 victory on this surface ... Or on Viola against Simon ... Simon lose against Granollers in 2012 and Viola has just beat Granollers this week hope someone respond before the match ;)
I cannot recommend either bet really. Troicki has been rather poor so far in this season, while Granollers had to take a medical timeout in the match against Viola, so perhaps that was the reason of his defeat.

I cannot recommend either bet really. Troicki has been rather poor so far in this season' date=' while Granollers had to take a medical timeout in the match against Viola, so perhaps that was the reason of his defeat.[/quote'] ok thank you C.P , im gone wait the live maybe , for an H or an over ;)

Re: February 11 - February 17 Back Ivo Karlovic to beat Steve Johnson for a 2/10 stake at 1.90 with Pinnacle Fancy Karlovic to beat Johnson, who has went off the boil a little bit after the Australian Open, losing some matches against guys that he should be beating in all honesty. It will be a battle of two guys that know how to serve really well, so there might be a couple of tie-breaks and Karlovic should have the edge if it comes to that (and I cannot really see Johnson breaking Karlovic too often), so happy to back him at this price. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/karlovic-vs-johnson-betting-ivo-karlovic-can-rely-on-his-huge-serve-over-in-san-jose Back David Nalbandian (-4.5) to beat Jorge Aguilar for a 2/10 stake at 1.94 with Pinnacle Nalbandian has already played a doubles match in Sao Paulo, so I do not have any concerns about his fitness and he certainly is a class above Aguilar quality-wise, so he should be able to cover this line more often than not. Aguilar is spending most of his time away from the main tour these days, so this will be an uphill battle for him in quite a few respects and I would not be surprised by seeing Nalbandian running away with a very straightforward victory. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/nalbandian-vs-aguilar-betting-david-nalbandian-to-get-his-season-off-to-a-good-start-in-sao-paulo

Re: February 11 - February 17 Maria-Teresa Torro-Flor to beat Paula Ormaechea 2-0. 11/10 @ Betfred Torro-Flor is a young Spaniard that it is worth keeping an eye on. Particularly on clay, she has racked up plenty of wins on the ITF circuit over the past twelve months and has won her last six tournaments on the surface. Indeed, she has only dropped one set in her last eleven matches on clay. While she is yet to play a top player, straight sets wins over the likes of Cadantu, Muguruza and Arruabarrena-Vecino are solid enough, all of which are players around the same standard as Ormaechea. Ormaechea had a great win in the Fed Cup against Johanna Larsson, but was forced to retire against Sofia Arvidsson. Given the pain she looked to be in, there is no chance that she will be 100% fit here, and although there is a chance that she will withdraw or retire during the match, the odds on the 2-0 look very tempting. If the match is completed, I don't see how Ormaechea wins, and if it doesn't, you will get your money back on a void bet anyway.