** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

AC Milan V Barcelona > Wednesday 20th February

Re: AC Milan V Barcelona > Wednesday 20th February

Barcelona have a good record in Milan. Of their last five CL games away to Milan, Barca have won two and drawn two. However, both wins were by a single goal. I think Barca are too short here - they can be beaten. Milan +1.5 1.72 Pinnacle
FT: 2-0 Bet won :ok Deserved victory for Milan according to reports

Re: AC Milan V Barcelona > Wednesday 20th February What a weird game. Barca played on 50%, Messi on 10%. They did nothing, created nothing, not a single great attack. Don't know what happened tonight but we knew Milan would defend but Barca always passes through but this was a terrible display of FC barcelona. good game Milan had a easy night and will finish it at Camp nou. bayern to win the champions league!

If I didnt know any better i would think the match was fixed. I didnt care about the outcome much' date=' but what the hell was barca doing. Not one shot on target for 100mins. Unbelievable.[/quote'] It's not fixed :spank I swear Barcelona played that way before in a previous CL because they know its a two legged affair where they could easily score four ...

It's not fixed :spank I swear Barcelona played that way before in a previous CL because they know its a two legged affair where they could easily score four ...
Are you serious. Didnt you watch tonight match or barca at HOME vs celtic!! Milan are the favs to qualify for me by a mile. They score one in nou camp and maybe two with this barca defense and they go through. mind u they dont have to score. only play the italian way by defending for their lives just like they showed today they can fairly easily do to block barca from having one shot on target, let alone 1 goal.

Re: AC Milan V Barcelona > Wednesday 20th February Happy to admit a got a battering tonight. Barca weren't at the races, didn't get going although its difficult to understand as they have been so clinical in all competitions this season..this is their worst performance by far. Milan played well and to a game plan, the second leg will be mayhem.

It's not fixed :spank I swear Barcelona played that way before in a previous CL because they know its a two legged affair where they could easily score four ...
Are you for real??? Why would Barcelona play so bad just because they know it's a two legged affair??? It was AC Milan out there mate and they are no ordinary team... In 2012 they drew 2-2 and lost 3-1 at Now Camp... Tonight, the correct score should have been 3-0 or 4-0. At Nou Camp Barcelona must attack and so they will leave spaces for Milan to counter attack. Milan can easily score at least one goal away and if they defend the same way - I can't see Barcelona scoring no even 2 goals... "easily score four" - I just don't believe that !!!

I agree with jase some people on this forum lack basic common sense and I doubt this forum is setup for people to vent after losing a bet. Anyone who says Barcelona are out are kidding themselves. Over 2.5 goals in the return leg will be a cracker of a bet because Milan will know they have to score at least 1 more.
With Milan sticking 11 men behind the ball for 90 mins!? Over 2.5 is far from sure..why would Milan attack, they don't need to score..think the second leg will be a real tactical battle.

Ac Milan would be foolish if they believed they don't need to score at the nou camp against arguably one of the greatest sides of all time. I've seen a lot of teams park the bus there and fail because when you have players like Pedro , Iniesta , xavi and messi they will eventually get through. I actually still think Barcelona are favorites to go through and I am yet to look at the odds so I'm not sure what the general consensus is.

Tbh I think Milan will sit back and try to nick something on the break. They'll either end up losing 4-0, or holding it for a long period. Barcelona haven't been that solid defensively this season, so who knows. But we all know that if you open up against this Barcelona team you will be savagely punished! So while an away goal for Milan would be nice I think the second leg will be one way traffic :unsure

ac milan played everything like with di matteo and chelsea last year. its a copycat exact tactics which worked again
Milan didn't really play like Chelsea did. They created more and held Barca to 7 shots 1 on target and no real threat to Abbiati. Chelsea were battered last year giving up about 50 shots and 14 on target over 2 legs. Milan played as well you can vs Barca balancing defense and attack. They did well against them last year as well but a BS penalty on Nesta changed the complexion of the tie. But I will say this we will probably see a more defensive performance from Milan at the Nou camp.