** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

League 1 > Tue 5th February

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 5 February 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Colchester United v Swindon Town (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.05[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.22 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Oldham Athletic v Yeovil Town (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.99 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Scunthorpe United v Portsmouth (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.27 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sheffield United v Crawley Town (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.85[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.35 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Stevenage v Notts County (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.56 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: League 1 > Tue 5th February Oldham vs Yeovil Looking at them early prices I Cannot but see that Yeovil are overpriced. They have won 5 on the bounce in the league now and them results come against some very impressive teams in the likes of Leyton Orient, MK Dons, Sheffield United and Brentford. They certainly know where the goal is also as they have scored at least 2 goals in each of these 5 games. This does help when you have the likes of Paddy Madden in scoring form at the moment. Maden has scored 4 in 5 league games so when you posses a striker on this type of form you always have a chance of winning a match. As for Oldham, apart from their victory over Liverpool in the FA Cup their form has been appaling and Paul Dickov is certainly under pressure from the Latics board. They are winless in the leaugue since way back in early December and are now 9 without a league victory. Dickov could well be shown the door if Oldham lose on Tuesday night and I can see that happening. Yeovil to win - PaddyPower 2.8

We're losing to just about anyone right now. I'd say 1.60 would be too short if we had a decent team, hadn't signed half a team in a week, and weren't shockingly poor defensively. But we really are that bad. I don't think you can fault the new players for effort. Especially the young lads like left back Dan Butler, but we are preparing for next season and life in League Two. I can't see us getting anything at Scunthorpe. Despite having a pretty experienced centre back pairing we are making such poor defensive errors that you have to wonder. If Hartlepool and Colchester can beat us at home then anyone can! The only thing I think that could work in our favour is the absence of the intimidating Fratton Park atmosphere, which may get to some of our lesser experienced players. We're regularly getting 11 and 12 thousand people at Fratton Park, which is a huge average gate for a club in League One that some of our players probably aren't used to. Especially the younger players, and the players that have come from non league football.

Re: League 1 > Tue 5th February Monday could be a big day for Swindon Paolo could walk. On the other hand he could stay and 3 loan players could be arriving Peck from Cheltnham. also Green and Bradley wright phillips from Charlton. Season is basically on a knife edge and could go either way now.

Re: League 1 > Tue 5th February Hi guys, Apologies if this is the wrong place for this post but I've been using some 3 different rating systems to project final League 1 placings and in all 3 I get Yeovil coming pretty close to a top 6 place. However, looking at the odds you can 7/1 with Victor Chandler. Am I missing something here? I'm not saying they'll definitely make it but I have them down as no bigger than 2/1. I've been trying to work out the reason for the massive discrepancy and would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks in advance JF

Hi guys, Apologies if this is the wrong place for this post but I've been using some 3 different rating systems to project final League 1 placings and in all 3 I get Yeovil coming pretty close to a top 6 place. However, looking at the odds you can 7/1 with Victor Chandler. Am I missing something here? I'm not saying they'll definitely make it but I have them down as no bigger than 2/1. I've been trying to work out the reason for the massive discrepancy and would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks in advance JF
It probably comes down to the fact most bookmakers would have Yeovil listed as a bottom six or ten side, and there are more illustrious clubs around them that are probably rated higher. The bookies probably see them tailing off. Things like that.

Re: League 1 > Tue 5th February 21:45 Colchester - Swindon Tip: 1) 1X 2) Colchester AH(0) 3) Colchester over 1 Odd: 1) 1.90 2) 2.82 3) 2.08 Bookmer: marathonbet Stake: 1) 4/10 2) 1/10 3) 4/10 Swindon boss Di Canio may only be able to name a 13-man squad to injuries and illness. Colchester Utd: Izzet (10/0 m) Swindon Town: Benson (16/3 f), Martin (12/1 f) (both left the club), Archibald-Henville (5/0 m), Devera (21/0 d), Storey (6/1 f), Thompson (16/0 d). Oakley (0/0 d), Rooney (13/4 f)

Re: League 1 > Tue 5th February Correct me if im wrong but colchester are surely value at 3/1. They have won their last 2 games and have no injury problems apparently. Swindon have seemingly only 13 or 14 guys available due to injuries and player sales. Id love some more info on how good the remaining swindon players are if anyone has more knowledge

Jase' date=' can you write your opinion about bet: Scunthorpe - Portsmouth HT/FT X/1 4.00 bet 365? Odds are good for me but you knows info from the kitchen. Thanks.[/quote'] Well we have managed to keep things tight in a few games, but we were 3-1 down at the break on Saturday. I think we were better equipped earlier in the season, but now we have a League Two level squad so your bet might not be so good.

Re: League 1 > Tue 5th February Thanks, Jase. I think Scunthorpe are poor side, weakest home team and can't score a lot of goals, but you are right Colchester and Hartlepool are poor side too but they beat Pompey on HT. Ok, Scunthorpe will win this game but the odds are very low for me and i try to find some good odds for Scunthorpe win AH, HT/FT ot something else.

Re: League 1 > Tue 5th February Can someone please explain how Oldham can possibly be favourites against Yeovil??? 21 pts between them in the league, Yeovil won five on the bounce against the likes of Brentford, MK Dons and Sheff utd. Oldham lost 8 out of 9 with no manager. Yeovil won the corresponding fixture 4-1 in December and done the double over Oldham last season. Yeovil dnb at evens looks huge.

Re: League 1 > Tue 5th February hi swindon 2 h2h [TABLE=class: head_to_head h2h_mutual]

[TR=class: odd highlight] [TD]02.10.12[/TD] [TD=class: flag]LEA[/TD] [TD=class: name]Swindon[/TD] [TD=class: name]Colchester[/TD] [TD=class: last]0 : 1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even highlight] [TD]03.12.11[/TD] [TD=class: flag]FAC[/TD] [TD=class: name]Colchester[/TD] [TD=class: name]Swindon[/TD] [TD=class: last]0 : 1[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd highlight] [TD]12.02.11[/TD] [TD=class: flag]LEA[/TD] [TD=class: name]Colchester[/TD] [TD=class: name]Swindon[/TD] [TD=class: last]2 : 1[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even highlight] [TD]13.11.10 [/TD] [TD=class: flag]LEA[/TD] [TD=class: name]Swindon[/TD] [TD=class: name]Colchester[/TD] [TD=class: last]2 : 1[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd highlight] [TD]10.04.10 [/TD] [TD=class: flag]LEA[/TD] [TD=class: name]Colchester[/TD] [TD=class: name]Swindon[/TD] [TD=class: last]3 : 0 [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] they play 3/3 have a nice day

Re: League 1 > Tue 5th February People are perceiving value on the away win for Swindon tonight and without actually analyzing the game it might be a good bet @ 2.10 But there are a few things that have to be pointed out. Colchester was in a terrible for a long long time with only defeats (without even being able to draw!). The team managed to win their last two matches with a 2-3 away win against Portsmouth and a home win against Walall (2-0). This is a huge boost in the team spirit, confidence and motivation towards the distancing from the relegation line. Thus, tonight the hosts will be mentally strong and eager to win against the better team of Swindon. On the other side, the hosts are having big trouble with the available players for this match. Di canio, the manager, said that they might actually travel with only 13 players because of injurie and sold players. Devera and Storey have harmstring problems, Troy is a long-term absentee, Oakley is called for international duties, ... the list is long with explanations about absent players. Furthermore, Swindon sold players but did not manage to sign-in new ones with the current crisis over the club about - who will buy the club? Di Canio has issues with the management (board of directors) and he has not seen them for a while. To conclude, we will see a disorganized Swindown travelling with a shaky team and Di Canio haveing some tough time with the club structure. Colchester's performance against Swindon is very good as the visitors have issues defeating the hosts. I believe that Colchester will be strong enough to counter Swindon and take at least a point!

Re: League 1 > Tue 5th February Stevenage V Notts County : Stevenage poor home form of late ,county recently sack manager see very tight game here with little goal.Under 2.5 goal my pick ~@ 4\5 betfair Colchester v Swindon:Funny goings on at Swindon of late,colchester pick up 2 good wins of late after horrid run .Lay Swindon 11\10 betfair Scunthorpe v Portsmouth : under 2,5 hope for tight game ,Portsmouth big struggle of late hope to keep tight tonight and end bad run

Re: League 1 > Tue 5th February Thing with Swindon is the only 2 players not available that would have been starters today are ritchie(sold) and hollands(injured) the rest would have either been in the squad or on the bench. So the headlines of only 13 fit players available is a slightly misleading. There are 16 players available + youths. Dicanio is choosing not to select 2 first team squad players even though they are available and he chooses not to put 1 or 2 youth players on the bench. The more significant thing for me is that the 3 loan players havnt arrived yet Green, Bradley wright Phillips and Marlon Pack and the general atmosphere of uncertainty. Di Canio is now being linked with the job at Notts forest for example. I certainly wouldnt back Swindon today but then i wouldnt wanna back colchester either cos they are still pretty bad:eyes

Getting s bit silly now..... Pompey only name four subs, and with Rocha on the bench we get to name something like our 15th or 16th central defensive partnership for the season. Sodje and Gyepes start, and a fiver says one of them won't last 45 minutes :lol Sodje was awful on Saturday too by all accounts.

Jase' date=' can you write your opinion about bet: Scunthorpe - Portsmouth HT/FT X/1 4.00 bet 365? Odds are good for me but you knows info from the kitchen. Thanks.[/quote'] So sorry if I put you off this mate ... We scored in the 47th minute through a direct free kick...