** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

PL Exclusive - Stan James February Poker League - $650 added! Grand Final Mon 4th Mar

Sir Puntalot

Re: PL Exclusive - Stan James February Poker League - $650 added! Starts 4th Feb! With the trash hand I had position, he bet his lot before I'd played. It was long before heads -up. I was not not angry but noted him as a donk and told him he was 'stupid' then he meakly replied he might have been 'a bit reckless'. Anyone who can play understands why his all - in with 22 was very dubious play. Any donk can win a tournament, If they win consistently I'll get really suspicious. Yes, I play tight/aggressive ABC poker, thats why I've made a second income at it every year for a decade.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Players can play how they like & whenever they like. It's not all about the $ or winning, it's about friendship, good natured banter, helping each other to think about different situations and most of all about having fun. The standard of play in a PL game is so huge these days just playing solid abc isn't going to be enough anymore tbh. I'm sure all members appreciate others thoughts on different scenarios to optimise their own game going forward as long as done in a constructive manner, but out and out flaming is never appropriate and people are still entitled to mix their game up whenever they want.

Re: PL Exclusive - Stan James February Poker League - $650 added! Starts 4th Feb! Well all publicity is good publicity as the say in the biz! Whilst I am not going to get into any level of detail about the hands I play I will say this. I am not (heads up) going to pass raising on a pair. If I see an over bet (as it was) I am going to re raise. If I have a decent stack I'm going to bully and if its a pair of 2's chances are i'll push. If you had a decent pair you'd have not raised the way you did. If you have an smaller pair you may well fold and if you have an AK you take a chance. You took a chance and lost. You were behind pre flop and post flop. Regardless of whether you are better than me or not means nothing to me. We can look forward to meeting in the final. GG everyone!

Re: PL Exclusive - Stan James February Poker League - $650 added! Starts 4th Feb! You took a chance and lost. You were behind pre flop and post flop. We can look forward to meeting in the final Scooper and you can show me who's boss then. But what can I say..I am a Goat not a donk and I do believe you fed me. GG Everyone!

Re: PL Exclusive - Stan James February Poker League - $650 added! Starts 4th Feb! Anyone who wins a tournament will generally have 1 or 2 wins from behind. Afterall this is a game with a lot of luck thrown in. Goater mixes it up well. In my exit hand he called with AA first to act. I was sat in BB with QQ and looked to take down a sizeable pot pre-flop with SB calling and antes in there also. Was gutted to see the AA and some would question why he only called given he may have ended up in the hand with 3 or 4 players seeing a flop but his mixing on this occasion worked and he worked it well to the stage the tournament had reached.

Re: PL Exclusive - Stan James February Poker League - $650 added! Starts 4th Feb! Well said raassskkkk, Spit, Al and Bart. If there is one thing I can't stand is someone, after losing, saying you should do this and you should do that. If we all played ABC it would be so boring. I'd like to say more but you may not hear me in your ivory tower spooner. Well done to every winner past, present and future. No-one likes losing, but if you think they're bad beats spoony, speak to raassskkkk. And if you've had a second income for a decade, the poker gods owe you nothing.

Re: PL Exclusive - Stan James February Poker League - $650 added! Starts 4th Feb!

Of course it was Glenn, of course it was :loon :)
Honest Baggy, I swear it was there, used a new resizer, they must have doublecrossed me, the scoundrals! Don't have much luck with screenshots, did one of a poker lobby before and it showed up as a little cute kitty, made me look like a right soft sod :(

Re: PL Exclusive - Stan James February Poker League - $650 added! Starts 4th Feb! It wasn't there when I looked last night, but when I looked via your profile at your latest posts it showed there was a link in the post (but seems to be invisible in the thread.) I thought it might just be my browser not showing it. Well done wurzel, and goater28 last week. :clap Putting table at the top of the thread now. :ok