** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

World Cup 2013

kevshat

The World Cup begins in Hamburg on Friday and runs all weekend until Sunday and just a quick look at the pairings would suggest this could be the tightest tournament yet. The change in the format bringing more pairs play into it looks a good one too so this should be a good weekend of arrers. It's all live on Sky in the UK and will be a good aperitif before the Premier League begins next week. Draw, format and schedule details are here: http://www.pdc.tv/news/article/pbuu3u6ykyn1juiw4babxgf1/title/betfair-world-cup-of-darts-nations and http://www.pdc.tv/world-cup-of-darts/article/noqf7i44mwd81wco9u9gbveqk/title/betfair-world-cup-of-darts-groups

Re: World Cup 2013 Tournament preview: 2pts ew Australia to win PDC World Cup 8/1 Skybet (1/3 1-2) Paul Nicholson and Simon Whitlock haven’t beaten off any competition to represent Australia in this weekend but they can beat off the competition in this tournament. It is pretty clear that this tournament means a lot to both men and of all the top teams I’d say that’s half the battle. The duo only lost in a deciding leg to England last year but I think both are better players now than they were then. They both put a lot of effort into it and are good friends and that particularly will help with the doubles matches. Both are clever thinkers about the game which will help them when deciding their singles order and at 8/1 they look decent value to finally land this World Cup crown. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pdc-world-cup-of-darts-betting-australia-look-the-value-to-land-the-world-cup-crown-in-hamburg

Re: World Cup 2013 Group F winners - Finland (Haavisto/Komula) @ 9/4 - The seeds in this Group are Germany (Artut/Welge), who arent the best. I was impressed in the Worlds by the 2 Finish lads, they met in the Qualifier and had a decent match, then Haavisto put in a great perofrmance in the first round v Anderson. Was a tad unlucky in parts. Welge lost in the Qualifiers averaging a poor 75! The other team in here are the US (Young/Butler) who are themselves capable of beating Germany, but i liked what i saw from the Finns and couldnt resist as the outsiders for that group. Group H winners - Belgium (Kim/Ronny Huybrecht brothers) @ 4/7 - Although not the seeds, they are favourites for the group. Kim is one of the up and comers and should fly up the rankings in the near future, hes already well established and capable of 95+ averages consistantly, heavy scorer and good on the doubles. Them being Brothers can only help them. The seeds are N.Ireland (Dolan/Mansell) who i dont have much time for, and Dolan has just had a good/lucky period of results prior to the Worlds. Hes poor though, Kim is miles better. 3rd team in this group is Hungary and i know zilch about either of them!

Re: World Cup 2013 Group preview: 3pts South Africa to win Group B 15/8 Paddy Power I like the South African pairing in this group though. They are represented by Shawn Hogan and Charl Pietersen. We’ve seen both men on our screens in the past. Hogan looked a good player when he partnered Devon Petersen in this tournament in the past while Charl Pietersen rattled in a 9 dart finish in picking up his tour card in Q-school a few weeks ago. Pietersen played in the World Championship but ran into a hot Max Hopp in the preliminary round. Never the less both South African players can play and in a wide open group they look good value to win the group at 15/8. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pdc-world-cup-of-darts-betting-south-africa-look-good-value-to-cause-a-surprise-in-group-b

Re: World Cup 2013 First set of match odds: [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 1 February 2013[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Belgium v Hungary (13:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.12 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.76 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Denmark v South Africa (14:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Spain v Italy (14:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Croatia v New Zealand (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.73 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Canada v Sweden (15:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.76 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.90 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Austria v Japan (16:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.78 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.61 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Gibraltar v Poland (16:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Finland v USA (17:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.01 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: World Cup 2013 Friday match preview: 3pts Japan to beat Austria 13/8 Bet365 In such a short race like this I think the Japanese pairing are worth a go. One thing we know with the Austrian duo is you are either going to get perfection or pants and often both in the same leg whereas the Japanese players tend to be more solid and consistent. With England also in the group we can effectively call this a knockout match and the pressure will be all on the Austrians so I’ll take the Japanese to cause a mini upset here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/austria-vs-japan-betting-japanese-pairing-can-upset-inconsistent-austrian-duo-in-hamburg