** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

South Africa vs Pakistan - Test Series

kevshat

After the pretty one sided test series against New Zealand recently South Africa begin a much more competitive looking series against Pakistan on Friday. This is a three test series and should give the South African's a decent test. All three matches are live on Sky in the UK again. Schedule: [TABLE=width: 630]

[TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%]Fri Feb 1 - Tue Feb 5 08:30 GMT | 10:30 local 08:30 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 1st Test - South Africa v Pakistan New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg [/TD] [TD=width: 20%] 38.png 14 - 25° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif [/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Thu Feb 14 - Mon Feb 18 08:30 GMT | 10:30 local 08:30 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 2nd Test - South Africa v Pakistan Newlands, Cape Town [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Fri Feb 22 - Tue Feb 26 08:30 GMT | 10:30 local 08:30 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 3rd Test - South Africa v Pakistan SuperSport Park, Centurion [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: South Africa vs Pakistan - Test Series I would be personally amazed if South Africa didn't demolish Pakistan like they have most teams around the world in recent times. In home conditions with Pakistan not playing much in the way of test cricket recently and SA on the back of hammering NZ in the test arena. Bet the odds are terrible.

Re: South Africa vs Pakistan - Test Series SA 1.6 Draw 4.3 Pakistan 6.6 Due to the possibility of rain during each day of the test, the draw seems enticing but we have to remember that The Wanderers is a results pitch and there hasn't been a draw here in the last 13 years. The last time Pakistan played here was in 1998 when they drew. Since that drawn match 15 years ago, South Africa have won 7, lost 6 and drawn 1 so as we can see, SA are not exactly invincible here. However, only one of those defeats came by a team from the sub-continent - India. There have been four innings victories during the last 14 matches and also four matches where teams have won by 4 wickets or less. I honestly think the current Pakistan attack is right up there with the best in the world and could cause SA some problems, so I think they are definitely worth a lay at 1.6.

Re: South Africa vs Pakistan - Test Series Series preview: 2pts N.Jamshed Top Pakistan Series Batsman 9/2 Ladbrokes I would expect South Africa to win this series but 1/3 isn’t the kind of price which interests me as Pakistan are capable and we’ve seen Sri Lanka win a test on these shores in the last year or so. Instead I’ll take a punt on the top Pakistan batsman market and the man I like here is the talented youngster Nasir Jamshed. We saw on the tour of India that Jamshed is not only a wonderful talent but he’s in excellent form too. Jamshed hit a couple of half centuries in the warm up game so non Asian conditions don’t seem to hinder him and at 9/2 he looks a perfectly fair bet to top score for Pakistan in this series. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/south-africa-vs-pakistan-test-series-betting-nasir-jamshed-can-thrive-in-his-debut-test-series

Re: South Africa vs Pakistan - Test Series 1st test preview: 4pts U.Gul's Performance Pts - 91&Over 5/6 Bet365 Conditions in Johannesburg are always good for the seamers and the swing is able to be found throughout the match and I think that will play into Umar Gul’s hands. He’s a class act and his performance line looks a bit on the low side at 91 because he is useful with the bat as well as devastating with the ball. If he bats twice it wouldn’t be beyond him to pick up 31 runs which means he’d only need 3 wickets which I’m confident he would get. Even if he only got 11 runs 4 wickets isn’t beyond him so I like the overs here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/south-africa-vs-pakistan-1st-test-betting-umar-gul-can-impress-with-bat-and-ball-in-first-test

• 2 weeks later...

Re: South Africa vs Pakistan - Test Series 2nd test preview: 4pts J.Kallis' Performance Pts - 135&Over 5/6 Bet365 One man who loves playing at Cape Town is Jacques Kallis. He has a pretty insane record on this ground. With the bat he averages 77.07 here with 9 tons in 21 matches. He also has 42 wickets at less than 30 so the great all rounder really enjoys this ground. His performance line looks a little high on the face of it at 135pts but when you see those statistics and factor in he can take catches too then it might just be a little on the low side. Kallis has tons in four of his last six matches here so I think that performance line is worth taking. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/south-africa-vs-pakistan-2nd-test-betting-jacques-kallis-can-once-again-dominate-proceedings-in-cape-town

Re: South Africa vs Pakistan - Test Series 3rd test preview: 4pts Pakistan's 1st Inns Opening Partnership - Under 22.5 runs 5/6 Blue Square Although Pakistan have been more competitive in this series as it has gone along they haven’t been able to get past the new ball yet. In their four innings in the series so far their first wicket has fallen with the score on 9, 7, 10 and 0 and I’m not convinced much is going to change in that regard in this test match with Dale Steyn and Vernon Philander on top of their game on a wicket which has plenty in it for the new ball. Given that the opening pair haven’t gone past 10 yet the 22.5 line for their opening partnership in the first innings looks a bit too high. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/south-africa-vs-pakistan-3rd-test-betting-pakistan-s-opening-pair-may-well-continue-to-struggle-in-centurion