Announcements
** October Poker League Result : 1st avongirl, 2nd McG, 3rd Rhino_Power **
** October Naps Competition Result: 1st internetmails, 2nd Donnyflyer, 3rd vangovin, 4th Peter York. KO Cup Winner mickyftm32. Most Winners waggy: **

Australia vs West Indies - ODI Series & T20 International

kevshat

After the Sri Lanka tour to Australia, the Australians now finish their home international summer with 5 ODI's and a T20 international. All six matches are live on Sky and if the Windies which has been playing the last 6-9 months turn up it should be a decent series with some good betting opportunities. Schedule: [TABLE=width: 630]

[TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%]Fri Feb 1 03:20 GMT | 11:20 local 03:20 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 1st ODI - Australia v West Indies Western Australia Cricket Association Ground, Perth [/TD] [TD=width: 20%] 32.png 19 - 34° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif [/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sun Feb 3 03:20 GMT | 11:20 local 03:20 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 2nd ODI - Australia v West Indies Western Australia Cricket Association Ground, Perth [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Wed Feb 6 03:20 GMT | 14:20 local 03:20 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 3rd ODI - Australia v West Indies Manuka Oval, Canberra [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Fri Feb 8 03:20 GMT | 14:20 local 03:20 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 4th ODI - Australia v West Indies Sydney Cricket Ground [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sun Feb 10 03:20 GMT | 14:20 local 03:20 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 5th ODI - Australia v West Indies Melbourne Cricket Ground [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Wed Feb 13 08:35 GMT | 18:35 local 08:35 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] Only T20I - Australia v West Indies Brisbane Cricket Ground, Woolloongabba, Brisbane [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Australia vs West Indies - ODI Series & T20 International Have to admit I like the idea of WI getting something from this series. Was it just me or did Australia seem not quite at their best in the SL series ? They only posted one score over 250 in 5 matches. Windies have just finished their domestic T20 comp and some of their batsmen were able to find a bit of touch ( eg: Gayle after a generally disappointing Big Bash ). It sounded like their bowling was slightly rusty in the warm-up match vs PM's XI but perhaps that can come good in the series proper. With the Windies, sometimes you worry about their state of mind. It seems like they can get a bit down on themselves. I think they probably need a good start to the series in order to give them a bit of confidence. With the first two games being at the WACA perhaps they will find the conditions suitable and can get away well. The problem is the odds really, WI win is 2/1 ( several firms ). Would be great if the price was just a bit bigger. Especially given WI did lose their last ODI series v Bangladesh ( albeit the one prior to that they beat NZ 4-1 ). I wonder if they might be a bowler light as well. Drawn series is 8.6 on Betfair. The final game is at Melbourne and you can always get a bit of weather there as the southern hemisphere winter approaches. 2-2 with the final match an N/R... I have taken a couple of small WI top batsman outrights. Darren Bravo at 11/2 and big Kieron Pollard at 12/1 ( both Stan James ). Bravo was second-top scorer in the Caribbean T20 and seemed to be enjoying it so thought this was worth a go, even though it is a bit dependent on where he ends up in the order. And the price on Pollard looked quite big given Paddy Power have him at 6/1. As for the T20, would fancy WI for that one. Best of luck to all.

Re: Australia vs West Indies - ODI Series & T20 International Series preview: 3pts West Indies to win ODI series 2/1 Stan James I would imagine this series to be quite close but Dave Warner will be a huge loss to Australia in the opening couple of matches and that could be the difference in the series in the end. With the length of their batting line up and the quality of their bowling attack West Indies will be capable of winning any match so in a competitive series they look a bit of value to win at least three of the five matches at 2/1. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-west-indies-odi-series-west-indies-powerful-batting-line-up-can-see-them-edge-the-odi-series

Re: Australia vs West Indies - ODI Series & T20 International 1st ODI preview: 4pts West Indies Highest 1st 15 overs 6/5 Bet365 I think one of the features of this series will be Australia being steady at the start of their batting innings, particularly while Warner is injured, and setting the innings up for the bigger hitters later in the order whereas the Windies will be looking for fast starts knowing they have plenty of batting depth. With Chris Gayle opening the batting no 15 over total will be safe so I think the heavy odds against on the Windies leading through 15 overs looks a good value bet to me as there are plenty of other strokeplayers in the Windies line up besides Gayle. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-west-indies-1st-odi-betting-chris-gayle-can-inspire-west-indies-to-lead-after-15-overs

Re: Australia vs West Indies - ODI Series & T20 International 1st ODI Australia vs West Indies WI at 2.70 Sportingbet I fancy going against the Aussies here; Warner is a a big miss and they still appear low on confidence. WI are generally playing the opposite - Gayle has had big bash experience and will want to show Aussie public that he's better than his stats. WI all rounders also much stronger in my opinion. Australia seem way off having a settled ODI side. Good luck to all!

Re: Australia vs West Indies - ODI Series & T20 International 2nd ODI preview: 4pts West Indies Most 6's 11/10 Blue Square I think we’ll see some of that calypso flair and I expect them to come out and hit a few sixes like they did in England when they were getting pummelled. The odds against on the Windies to hit the most sixes looks big to me especially if Maxwell heads back down the order and with the likes of Gayle, Bravo, Pollard, Sammy and hopefully Russell going for us we’ve got enough hitting on our side if we side with the Windies here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-west-indies-2nd-odi-betting-west-indies-can-come-out-firing-sixes-after-first-odi-capitulation

Re: Australia vs West Indies - ODI Series & T20 International

2nd ODI preview: 4pts West Indies Most 6's 11/10 Blue Square I think we’ll see some of that calypso flair and I expect them to come out and hit a few sixes like they did in England when they were getting pummelled. The odds against on the Windies to hit the most sixes looks big to me especially if Maxwell heads back down the order and with the likes of Gayle, Bravo, Pollard, Sammy and hopefully Russell going for us we’ve got enough hitting on our side if we side with the Windies here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-west-indies-2nd-odi-betting-west-indies-can-come-out-firing-sixes-after-first-odi-capitulation
Not to mention Narine !!

Re: Australia vs West Indies - ODI Series & T20 International Yeah no idea where that came from :lol 3rd ODI preview: 4pts R.Sarwan Under 25.5 runs 5/6 Ladbrokes One man who has really struggled for form so far in this series is Ramnaresh Sarwan and the pressure will be increasing on him as he was hoping to go well to prove his worth back in the international ranks. He hasn’t scored a run in the series so far and he’ll need to improve that if he is to get an extended run in the side. The problem is he’s facing a rampant Australian opening pair and having been found out twice so far in the series I think he could fail for a third time in this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-west-indies-3rd-odi-betting-ramnaresh-sarwan-s-struggles-can-continue-in-canberra

Re: Australia vs West Indies - ODI Series & T20 International 4th ODI preview: 5pts Over 6.5 6's 10/11 Ladbrokes Dead rubbers aren’t the easiest things to bet on but one bet I like here is for there to be more than 6.5 6’s. We’ve got some really big hitters of a cricket ball on both sides here and the boundaries in Sydney aren’t the biggest and as Alex Hales showed on the Big Bash the ball can certainly travel here. With the likes of Watson, Maxwell, both Bravo’s, Pollard, Russell and Sammy all on show here we’ve got plenty of hitting potential to get the required 7 6’s here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-west-indies-4th-odi-betting-redevelopments-at-the-scg-allow-for-more-sixes-to-be-hit

Re: Australia vs West Indies - ODI Series & T20 International One other bet I like in this match. 4pts A.Russell's Performance Pts - 31&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Andre Russell is a talented cricketer there's little doubt about that. He didn't have his best day with the ball in Canberra but not many were going to on that wicket. However here at Sydney there's been a little bit in it for the bowlers at the start of the innings this summer as we saw when Sri Lanka were here and I think the Jamaican all rounder can exploit that and maybe even cover this line with the ball. We know he can cover it with the bat because he did that in Canberra on Wednesday and he might even be in earlier than usual if Gayle is ruled out. He's an athlete too so a catch could easily come his way so this line looks quite low on one of the West Indies' brighter talents.

Re: Australia vs West Indies - ODI Series & T20 International Final ODI preview: 4pts Under 6.5 6's 5/6 William Hill The boundaries on this ground really take some hitting so we are talking just brute hitters who can find them. If Chris Gayle isn’t passed fit them we’re looking at probably only Shane Watson and Kieron Pollard who can find them with ease. Watson skippers Australia in this match so he might rein himself in a bit which leads me to thinking we won’t see many sixes here. There were only four 6’s on a much smaller ground in Sydney in the last game so the 6.5 line looks a bit too big. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-west-indies-5th-odi-betting-final-match-of-the-series-is-unlikely-to-see-many-sixes

I have taken a couple of small WI top batsman outrights. Darren Bravo at 11/2 and big Kieron Pollard at 12/1 ( both Stan James )...
No idea how this won. Pollard had 10 runs to his name after the first three games. Had to reign in all his natural instincts to dig in for that ton. Think it is just one of those bits of luck you get from time to time.

Good work Marshland :clap
Thanks Kev :) Didn't imagine the series ending up with this scoreline. The Windies just couldn't get themselves back in contention after that dreadful start. Looks like Gayle may have injured his side again so will have to see if he is back fit for the T20 game.

Re: Australia vs West Indies - ODI Series & T20 International T20 preview: 4pts West Indies to win T20 11/10 Bet365 When these two met in the World T20 the West Indies came away big winners and while I don’t expect them to win by that margin I do think they will win the game. Australia probably aren’t missing too much in their batting line up except the fear factor which Shane Watson and Dave Warner bring but in their bowling attack the absence of the likes of Mitchell Starc and Xavier Doherty could really hurt the home side allowing the Windies to end what has been a tough mini tour with a win. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-west-indies-t20-betting-west-indies-can-show-why-they-are-the-world-champions-in-brisbane

Re: Australia vs West Indies - ODI Series & T20 International Kieron Pollard Performance Points, 31 and over. 5/6, Bet365. If Gayle is not passed fit, and with no Marlon Samuels, there is a chance Pollard could bat 4th. 150+ runs in the last two ODIs suggest decent touch with the bat, and he has been commended for playing with a bit of maturity with that ton which means he might try and stick around and accumulate if he does get in ( no guarantee of that mind you ). Will always be in contention to pick up a catch or two given what a great fielder he is. There is also the chance he might put down a couple of overs, especially if Gayle is not there as a support bowler. Had figures of 1-0-6-2 in the World T20 semi final against Aus at the end of last year. I can see at least one route to points here so will have a go. Good luck to all.

Kieron Pollard Performance Points, 31 and over. 5/6, Bet365.
26 runs ( some of which were seemingly a bit fortunate ), 3 wickets. Fortunately no points deduction for on pitch Gangnam dancing :lol Sorry this was posted a bit late last night to be much use.