** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Italian Cup > 29th January

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 29 January 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Lazio v Juventus (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.35[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.84 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Italian Cup > 29th January Initially I am thinking Lazio on a plus or draw in this one. Both teams are labouring at the moment - Lazio more so. Both sides will have been thinking about reaching the final for the last week or so, but I feel it is more important to Lazio. That of course doesn't mean they will be playing in the final, it's just a feeling I have. Juventus have greater depth and final team news will be important. I would think neither Pirlo or Klose will be rushed back for this match. Juve are a very tough side that can unleash a beating off the back of a few flat performances, but they haven't been in their groove of late. I just kind of like the home side to avoid defeat in this one. We'll know the finer details tomorrow.

Re: Italian Cup > 29th January For whoever missed the news - the Italian federation suspended Conte, Bonucci, Vucinic and Chiellini (he is injured anyway) following the scandals at the game with Genoa. Pirlo has not recovered yet is also missing the match. Asamoah is in Africa. I personally don't see Juve winning anything at Stadio Olimpico tonight. They have problems in any department at the moment. Left full-back De Ceglie is just abysmal and has contribution in nearly every goal conceded by Juve. Marchisio not fully fit yet and the absence of Chiellini has destabilized their defense. The midfield is struggling at the absence of Pirlo and Asamoah - despite his stunning goals, Pogba is static and relatively limited technically player. The offensive part is even more problematic as all the forwards seem to be out of form, and Quagliarella has been out of form ever since he started playing football. Most probably he will be a starter tonight and I don't expect much from him - his performance in the last few games has been horrific despite a lucky goal on Saturday. Juventus have a nightmare schedule in the next 5 weeks - besides Champions League, they have to play Napoli, Fiorentina and Roma. Hence, their Sunday game in Chievo turns out to be of crucial importance. If they drop points there, there will be enormous risk that they will surrender the first place and probably even lag behind by a few points in the next month. Therefore, I feel that the game tonight won't be of crucial importance for Juve and they will rather devote more energy and attention to Sunday and the visit in Chievo.

Re: Italian Cup > 29th January

For whoever missed the news - the Italian federation suspended Conte, Bonucci, Vucinic and Chiellini (he is injured anyway) following the scandals at the game with Genoa. Pirlo has not recovered yet is also missing the match. Asamoah is in Africa. I personally don't see Juve winning anything at Stadio Olimpico tonight. They have problems in any department at the moment. Left full-back De Ceglie is just abysmal and has contribution in nearly every goal conceded by Juve. Marchisio not fully fit yet and the absence of Chiellini has destabilized their defense. The midfield is struggling at the absence of Pirlo and Asamoah - despite his stunning goals, Pogba is static and relatively limited technically player. The offensive part is even more problematic as all the forwards seem to be out of form, and Quagliarella has been out of form ever since he started playing football. Most probably he will be a starter tonight and I don't expect much from him - his performance in the last few games has been horrific despite a lucky goal on Saturday. Juventus have a nightmare schedule in the next 5 weeks - besides Champions League, they have to play Napoli, Fiorentina and Roma. Hence, their Sunday game in Chievo turns out to be of crucial importance. If they drop points there, there will be enormous risk that they will surrender the first place and probably even lag behind by a few points in the next month. Therefore, I feel that the game tonight won't be of crucial importance for Juve and they will rather devote more energy and attention to Sunday and the visit in Chievo.
Fedar Bonucci and Vucinic bans only apply in Serie A and are in squad tonight so will certainly start. http://www.football-italia.net/30056/all-bans-after-week-22 Also Pirlo is in the squad for tonight so could feature. http://www.football-italia.net/30068/pirlo-juve-squad-copa-semi

Re: Italian Cup > 29th January Petkovic is proving to be a very smart coach. That was a very effective performance from Lazio. Conte didn't want to take any chances with this match, Chievo is clearly a priority as Fedar said. Hopefully some people got on the home side once the teams were out.