** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cheltenham Decisions - which race

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cheltenham Decisions - which race Anyone have any thoughts on Grumeti for the Champion Hurdle? I quite like him and fancy him to go well at a price. Much will depend on his run in the Kingwell on Saturday but if he is impressive then he certainly won't be a 33/1 shot

Re: Cheltenham Decisions - which race

I think this year Quevega will get pumped.
Could be by last years second, who put up an even better performance when third recently to Reve de Sivola. and looks to be still progressing. Absolutely nailed on to place IMHO!

Flemenstar looks likely to miss Cheltenham now!
I have just had a little go at China Rock for the Ryanair. I did think Flemenstar would be very tough to beat but now with him looking likely to miss the festival, I think the race is wide open

Flemenstar looks likely to miss Cheltenham now!
taken from elsewhere Trainer Peter Casey says Flemenstar is "very unlikely" to run at the Cheltenham Festival in March after being found to have a lung infection. The Stephen Curran-owned eight-year-old, who finished second to Sir Des Champs in the Hennessy Gold Cup at Leopardstown on Saturday, was diagnosed with the problem on Monday. He is instead likely to be aimed at the big Aintree meeting in April. Casey told Press Association Sport: "He'll be out for two to three weeks. "It's a bad lung infection. The vets found he had it today. "He's going to be all right in the long term, but I would say Cheltenham is very unlikely now. "The jockey (Andrew Lynch) thought something was wrong on Saturday and it looks like he was right. "We'll probably look at Aintree now." Flemenstar holds entries at Cheltenham in the Betfred Gold Cup, the Ryanair Chase and the sportingbet.com Queen Mother Champion Chase.

[h=2]It gets worse! Sky Bet are among several leading bookmakers to have suspended betting on next month's Stan James Champion Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival.[/h]The ante-post market for the blue riband contest has been suspended amid rumours that Grandouet could miss the race for the hurdling crown. Paddy Power and Coral are other firms to have suspended the market while Ladbrokes have withdrawn the Nicky Henderson-trained runner from their ante-post list. As yet, there has been no confirmation of the rumours.

Re: Cheltenham Decisions - which race Similar story to last season and he didnt show up at Cheltenham?

[h=2]Grandouet not out of Champion Hurdle[/h] Grandouet is undergoing treatment for a near-fore issue which has put his Kingwell Hurdle participation in doubt, Nicky Henderson reports, but it is stressed that there is no danger to his Champion Hurdle plans. He is not out of that race.

Anyone have any thoughts on Grumeti for the Champion Hurdle? I quite like him and fancy him to go well at a price. Much will depend on his run in the Kingwell on Saturday but if he is impressive then he certainly won't be a 33/1 shot
Out of the Champion Hurdle, had a setback and won't make the Kingwell and King has said he won't go to Cheltenham without a prep run!