** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Bangladesh Premier League

Big Alf

Re: Bangladesh Premier League Traded that runs market like a complete mug. Started backing 180 upwards but traded out all my profit expecting a collpase :( Have to lay Duronto at 1.15 here though, with Hodge about and their prior reputation who knows what might happen!

Re: Bangladesh Premier League Were there any trade out opportunities? I kept half an eye on it but I don't think Barisal were ever in a position to make the market too nervous. 770 runs in 80 overs points to this possibly being a batsmen friendly track..... I have been a bit critical of Sylhet but they keep on winning to recover from where they were with four wickets down yesterday was nothing short of spectacular. Obviously playing on a complete road it is hard to call matches when any team is able to post circa 200, but I think the prices in the first match today are wrong and this match should be 50/50 with maybe a slight edge to Sylhet who have by far the better bowling attack. Sylhet easily beat Dhaka a few days ago, and Luke Wright is no longer with Dhaka having met up with the England squad in NZ. Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Dwayne Smith and Sulieman Benn have all joined up with the Sylhet squad but as usual I doubt actual team news will be available until sometime after the fourth over of the match. Not sure whether to take Sylhet at 2.4 now or wait and back whoever bats first before laying them to not defend a cricket score. 2.4 is a bit too big on a 5/0 team who have just welcomed major reinforcements, isn't it? :unsure

Re: Bangladesh Premier League Not sure - i wasnt very clear in that previous post, sorry. Shoud really have said "...missed the chance if indeed one existed." i took 2.3 on sylhet last night, that felt ok to me. They were 2.5 before the previous dhaka game so a bit shorter now but 2.3 / 2.4 is still worth a go i feel. I read the match reports on cricinfo from yesterday. One of them mentioned the wicket was relatively slow but the outfield was very quick. Could mean someone like chanderpaul will get good value for their shots ( if he is playing ). edit: just to add that smith and benn are on the teamsheets but not shiv.

Re: Bangladesh Premier League That was all a bit unfortunate. Was like betting the old fashioned way before inplay was invented - stuck with your pre kick off selections ! Although from a selfish perspective at least it helps the Dhaka outright bet in a small way. Will keep an eye on the CCC Riders !

Re: Bangladesh Premier League Great fighting from the Riders, Fidel takes 4/11 and even Kev O'Brien looked Kallis-esque :nana Now 3/2 and up to third place in the table. Were they using a different wicket from yesterday, can't go from a flat track to a slow turner overnight surely? No concrete thoughts for tomorrow, Rangpur will be buzzing and Sylhet deflated after todays results so momentum could give the Riders and edge there. Would like to see Dimi come back in for Sherif to tighten up the attack though. Think the Windies players joining late has somewhat upset the applecart for Sylhet so interesting to see what their reaction will be. Looks like Chittagong will be outsiders for the second match which I would disagree with. Chit's attack got smoked the other night, but their batting line up finally got going and I think they could have too much power for Barisal. Won't be doing anything until I see the teams and the wicket they are using!

Re: Bangladesh Premier League Good result all round there Alf - i laid khulna at 1.19 in the innings break :) Rangpur look solid, you must be happy to be on them at 20's. i was very confused how we got such low scores in comparison to yesterday. Wonder if it was different track as you say. got a day off tomorrow i think. Will have a think / poke around on internet for news before Thurs.

Re: Bangladesh Premier League So just after this news breaks http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-premier-league-2013/content/current/story/602823.html the Riders collapse 21/8 in 5 overs. Hmmmmmmm. 1.01 gubbed on the runs market. Same score as the other night and Sylhet are 1,22 to chase this which ON THE FACE OF IT seems too high. And now they are drifting....Proceed with caution methinks.

Re: Bangladesh Premier League Blimey. Read that article about the spot fixing allegations ( which are clearly completely baseless, right ?! ). Also the one about the players not receiving their up front fees. Crazy times in the BPL. Arguably some slight bit of value tomorrow in backing Khulna at 2.0 vs Chits who have been surprisingly bad so far with only one win. They were 2nd-favourites antepost if I remember rightly. Am starting to think the best thing now is just to limit activity in this comp to trying to pick the inplay gubbings ? Especially when you read quotes like the one below ! Tim May, the the chief executive of the Federation of International Cricketers' Associations (FICA), said that players' patience with the organisers had worn thin and there was possibility of a boycott if the payments were not made Let us be thankful for the irreproachable administration of the Friends Life T20.

Re: Bangladesh Premier League I had a lay of Rangpur outright waiting at 7.4 to get my stake back and it was taken yesterday AFTER they had lost! With all the news coming out I would advise people to stay well clear of this comp now unless laying 1/20 shots and below. I would like to think that if Dimi wasn't in Australia playing poker then that 21 run over from Sherif doesn't happen and the Riders defend another low total with ease, but to much going on here to put any trust in what happens on the pitch. Especially with the local players also not being paid when it's probably a matter of them putting food on the table, and to be honest, who can blame them. Sad times.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Bangladesh Premier League Dhaka today were 49/0 with Dilshan at the crease, then 114 all out. Two run-outs in about 10 balls and seemingly nearly a third shortly after. Favourite story was the one about Owais Shah providing the wrong bank details to the Bangladeshi authorities, and then publicly blaming them for him not being paid. :rollin

Re: Bangladesh Premier League Or the khulna match being delayed because the foreign players refused to take the pitch because of non payment! Been a great tournament this,better than Eastenders. Definitely something dubious around last night and the Barisal NRR.

Re: Bangladesh Premier League Dhaka v Sylhet - race to the final game Dhaka 1.57 ladbrokes i know this isn't much value , but Dhaka now have Dilshan, Gayle, Pollard and Ashraful. It's a T20 team that shouldn't lose. They have Thomas to bowl too and he's one of the best.

Re: Bangladesh Premier League Are Gayle and Pollard definitely there having just played in Brisbane on Wednesday night? Not sure how long it will take them to adapt to the new conditions. I very much doubt the legitimacy of this tournament tbh and I wouldnt be surprised if we see one more ICL-esque tournament next year before the whole thing is scrapped!

Re: Bangladesh Premier League Pollard and Gayle confirmed as playing for Dhaka today (cricinfo). Dilshsn and Gayle is some opening partnership on paper but is the big man fully fit after his side strain in Aus ? He did play in the 5th odi so pethaps he is ok. Sylhet won toss and will bowl. I imagine all the runs market money will go to the top end, might be some merit in a small contrarian bet on say under 140 ? If Nannes can keep it tight for 4 the rest of the sylhet attack is not entirely hopeless. Have to agree with Fezzik thouugh, that is an imposing order for Dhaka on face value. Personally I am staying out of further bets on BPL now, just hoping Dhaka can land the outright. Good luck to anyone who does get involved though. And as i write, dilshan bowled for a golden duck !!

Re: Bangladesh Premier League Gayle obviously struggling to come to terms with his new environment then! Obviously an amazing knock but sadly he becoming a parody of himself when he can only perform during these second tier t20 comps. Fancy Sylhet to give this a go if they can keep wickets in hand and Big Elton has a swing late on. Didn't get involved but 200 was gubbed for 1/20 at least. Has this ever happened before in the BPL :lol

Re: Bangladesh Premier League

Gayle obviously struggling to come to terms with his new environment then! Obviously an amazing knock but sadly he becoming a parody of himself when he can only perform during these second tier t20 comps. Fancy Sylhet to give this a go if they can keep wickets in hand and Big Elton has a swing late on. Didn't get involved but 200 was gubbed for 1/20 at least. Has this ever happened before in the BPL :lol
when they needed 46 off 3, I put the kettle on... Slightly sus when I saw how close sylhet came!! Phew anyway... Agree with all the oddness of this tourney , but it's looking like Dhaka's to lose from here..

Re: Bangladesh Premier League So, the oddness levels increase ! Cricinfo is stating that Gayle has left the Gladiators after that one game. Doesn't mention whether that was always the plan, or a surprise exit. I would tend to agree with Fezzik's point above that Dhaka look favourites from here. But also have to say I think Chittagong have got a chance in the final. Dhaka beat Chits at the end of the group stage, but the Kings did restrict Dhaka to 88 in the return fixture earlier in the comp ( albeit no Pollard or Dilshan at that stage ). Gladiators have previous for throwing in unexpected low totals and I'm not sure their attack is sufficiently good to defend them. Without the now-departed Gayle, Dhaka could well have lost to Sylhet in the semi imo. Chits have a bit of momentum. You can get 9/5 on them on sportingbet which feels a touch big to me. Sylhet are no mugs and Chittagong did well against them yesterday. Paddy power have got a top batsman market up, I fancy one of the local lads to put in a big performance today and show these highly-paid ( or in Khulna's case, unpaid ) foreign imports what it's all about !