** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

ABU DHABI HSBC 17-20 Jan

luisdelobo

Really looking forward to this one and some big old prices to be had early doors. I just cant believe Robert Rock is defending a title he won in some style last year is 85/1!!! 1 pt each way Others that look way too big are IMHO; Paul Casey another 2 time winner of this event 33/1 and finished playing some good stuff last week so should come on for the outing. 1 pt each way Justin Rose 18/1 a class player now ranked No4 in the world. 2pts to win George Coetzee 55/1 big hitter and has a good track record around this course. 1/2 point each way What's everyone else looking at?

Re: ABU DHABI HSBC 17-20 Jan Good luck luisdelobo. I haven't not had a good look yet but here's my tuppence worth.... Can't believe Robert Rock won it. I'd be amazed if he follows up and I'd be wanting double his price today to get involved. Casey's one of my favourites so it's always hard to overlook him. However, this is a quality field and 33's is based a little too much around reputation especially when the likes of Grace, Stenson & Els are all bigger. Rose, quality player. Great chance. Coetzee is not for me. Around 20 top 10 finishes in his career on the European Tour but yet to win. Too short. One question I do have is which bookie did you get these prices at? Shortest I can find Rock has traded at is 80's, Coetzee is 40's and hasn't traded longer and Rose's best price has been 16's. Good luck with your selections :ok

Re: ABU DHABI HSBC 17-20 Jan

Hi Russ' date=' I noticed that betfair opened the market on Sunday night along with bet victor so I snapped up a few early ones I guess on bF, btw rock is now available at 120's[/quote'] No worries mate but you'll be on them win only rather than EW. Agreed that the win odds were achievable on BF, but not the place terms :ok

Re: ABU DHABI HSBC 17-20 Jan Top Sth.African Player 2pts Brendan Grace 7/2 Paddy Power Top ROW Player 1pt Brendan Grace 12/1 Stan James Interesting that Stan James have decided to include Woods and Dufner in their ROW market, it makes Grace double the price of other firms who have omitted them, i think its worth a gamble as Woods is unpredictable and Dufner played poorly last time out. In the Top S.African market he has Els to beat plus Coetzee so 7/2 is about right. Grace won 4 times last year and in his two tournaments this season he has finished 12th and 7th and looks about ready to deliver. Usually very consistent and is a solid putter which could make all the difference this week. Els just misses to many birdie chances for me at crucial times. Grace is out early in the morning and hopefully will get the best of the conditions, as when he starts well he normally goes on to finsh high. http://www.oddschecker.com/golf/abu-dhabi-hsbc-golf-championship/abu-dhabi-hsbc-golf-championship/top-south-african http://www.oddschecker.com/golf/abu-dhabi-hsbc-golf-championship/abu-dhabi-hsbc-golf-championship/top-rest-of-the-world

Re: ABU DHABI HSBC 17-20 Jan Top Scandinavian Player 2pts Peter Hanson 7/2 Paddy Power Hanson has turned into a reliable player nowadays, only missed a couple of cuts last season and one of those was in the US Open, made up for by finishing 7th in the PGA and just outside the top 20 in the Open. Won two events at the back end of last year and none of the other Scandinavians can boast stats like that. He looks the class act in the field and probably has Bjorn, Stenson, Anders Hansen and Norren to beat. The first couple played last week and put in decent performances but i reckon on his day Peter Hanson could actually go close on winning this tournament so has to be fancied to beat this much smaller group of players. http://www.oddschecker.com/golf/abu-dhabi-hsbc-golf-championship/abu-dhabi-hsbc-golf-championship/top-scandinavian

Re: ABU DHABI HSBC 17-20 Jan Tournament preview: 1pt ew S.Jamieson to win Abu Dhabi Championship 66/1 Stan James (1/4 1-6) Scott Jamieson looks good value this week. He has started the 2013 season in excellent form with a win in the Nelson Mandela Championship, third in the Alfred Dunhill Championship and a second placed finish behind Louis Oosthuizen in the Volvo Champions last week. Jamieson has only played this event once where he missed the cut last year but he has gone well in the Dubai tournaments over the last 12 months so I don’t think the conditions are alien to him and given the form he comes into the tournament with the Scot looks a lovely price this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/abu-dhabi-championship-betting-scott-jamieson-can-continue-his-good-early-season-form-in-abu-dhabi

Re: ABU DHABI HSBC 17-20 Jan Top Scandinavian Player preview: 2pts ew T.Bjorn Top Scandinavian Player 6/1 Paddy Power The man I like this week though is Thomas Bjorn. The week started well for Thomas Bjorn when he and his selection team got the Ryder Cup captain choice right and now it is up to the Great Dane to show his talents on the golf course. Bjorn was in the top 10 last week and was tied for third in this tournament last season and has played some good golf in recent times. The big events have always brought the best out of Bjorn and that can happen again this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/abu-dhabi-championship-betting-thomas-bjorn-can-lead-the-scandinavian-charge-in-abu-dhabi

Re: ABU DHABI HSBC 17-20 Jan Good luck to everyone this week. I'm going with 3 relatively well fancied players. J.Rose to win Abu Dhabi Championship, 3pts EW @ 16/1 Paddy Power (1/4 odds 1-6) I do like Rose's chances this week. World No 5, he is now firmly established as one of the very best and will look to cement that on his first start of the year. First start at this event but has finished 2nd on 2 of his 3 starts in the UAE. This clearly proves he likes the sunshine, backed up by his form in the US too. Course should suit him with accuracy & GIR being absolutely key, however it's his putter that will make or break his chance this week. Was in form at the back end of 2012 with 4 top 6's in 5 events. That did Oosty some good last week, let's hope Justin Rose can add to that here. P.Harrington to win Abu Dhabi Championship, 2.5pts EW @ 33/1 SportingBet (1/4 odds 1-5) This looks to be the Pod of old. 4th last week at the Volvo Golf Champions and that was off the back of a top 10 at the European Tour finale back in Nov. He ticks all the key stats boxes; GIR, scrambling & putting, with the latter being the best he has putted for as long as I can remember last week. If he follows that up, he'll go very close and the practice he said he put in over Xmas will begin to pay dividends. On his first 3 starts at this event, he finished 5-11-5 but could only manage 35th last year albeit when his form wasn't as hot as it had been. In the hope he continues with the return to form of old, I'm happy to take Harrington here. F.Molinari to win Abu Dhabi Championship, 2pts EW @ 30/1 Paddy Power (1/4 odds 1-6) Ball striking is key here so how the hell can you leave out Francesco? Inside the top 13 here on each of the last 4 years and 4 top 10's in his last 6 starts in UAE, Moli clearly loves the conditions. 9th last week with consistency being the key, where as usual his accuracy was terrific. I also saw improved form with the putter which is a good sign. Previous history also indicates that performance on Par 4's is important here, much more so than on the longer holes. On that basis, the fact that power isn't a prerequisite, Cesco must come here with a top chance. My only concern is his average win rate but 30/1 is more than acceptable for a player more than likely to finish in the money.

Re: ABU DHABI HSBC 17-20 Jan 0.5 E/W PAUL LAWRIE 40/ SJ 1/4 1-6 I think the 44yo Scot is worth a bet in this. Had a good 2012 winning a couple and generally played well an got himself back in Ryder cup team. Last year he started with a 10th place in the volvo champions followed by an 8th here. Last week he was 7th in the volvo and i feel he has decent e/w chance here to continue his good form he seems to have really got his game back together last couple of years and ended a nine year drought when winning in 2011 and has 8 european tour wins and no reason why he can't add to that this year having got his hunger back for the game and good even be a decent outside bet to win the British Open this year having won it in 1999 he knows what it take to do it so im happy to part with a bit of my hard earned in this at 40's you can get 45 but only 5 places. Good Luck All.

Re: ABU DHABI HSBC 17-20 Jan What happened to Rory today? Is it just a blip & he'll come back tomorrow with his customary low round or will he take time to get used to his new equipment? Can't believe he was 4's for this event, especially with the high quality field. I guess it's a sign of the times though. Tiger not much better either & both could miss the cut unless they put in a better than average round tomorrow.

What happened to Rory today? Is it just a blip & he'll come back tomorrow with his customary low round or will he take time to get used to his new equipment? Can't believe he was 4's for this event, especially with the high quality field. I guess it's a sign of the times though. Tiger not much better either & both could miss the cut unless they put in a better than average round tomorrow.
It will take time to bed in with new clubs so i wouldn't be overly surprised if he missed the cut tomorrow but hopefully he will get four full competive rounds of golf this weekend. He says himself it will take about a month to sort but im very confident with his great coach Michael Bannon helping with his swing etc every thing will be sweet soon. Plenty of time to get thing sorted before the Majors which is the main aim and the only thing that really matters. Agree 4/1 was a shocking price & yeah its the way its going to be as he has got a name for himself now it going to be silly odds just like Tiger in his day. It may be a high quality field but at his best we all know he can trounce the field as he has done in tounaments including two majors hence silly price. "Don't panic Mr Mannering" very early days yet, people/ press will try and put him down or write him off any chance they get as they did last year and look what he ended up dong. Lets just wait till the four majors are over before we even start judging is what i say.

Top Sth.African Player 2pts Brendan Grace 7/2 Paddy Power Top ROW Player 1pt Brendan Grace 12/1 Stan James Interesting that Stan James have decided to include Woods and Dufner in their ROW market, it makes Grace double the price of other firms who have omitted them, i think its worth a gamble as Woods is unpredictable and Dufner played poorly last time out. In the Top S.African market he has Els to beat plus Coetzee so 7/2 is about right. Grace won 4 times last year and in his two tournaments this season he has finished 12th and 7th and looks about ready to deliver. Usually very consistent and is a solid putter which could make all the difference this week. Els just misses to many birdie chances for me at crucial times. Grace is out early in the morning and hopefully will get the best of the conditions, as when he starts well he normally goes on to finsh high.
Didnt expect to be collecting off both bets when i woke up this morning, superb 65 ends up with a top 5 finish!! Cant believe Rose didnt win the event, must have been odds on after 3 rounds, unlucky Russ. Hanson finished tied second of the Scandinavian players with Olesen winning comfortably. Starts Wed next week dont forget.

Top Sth.African Player 2pts Brendan Grace 7/2 Paddy Power Top ROW Player 1pt Brendan Grace 12/1 Stan James Interesting that Stan James have decided to include Woods and Dufner in their ROW market, it makes Grace double the price of other firms who have omitted them, i think its worth a gamble as Woods is unpredictable and Dufner played poorly last time out. In the Top S.African market he has Els to beat plus Coetzee so 7/2 is about right. Grace won 4 times last year and in his two tournaments this season he has finished 12th and 7th and looks about ready to deliver. Usually very consistent and is a solid putter which could make all the difference this week. Els just misses to many birdie chances for me at crucial times. Grace is out early in the morning and hopefully will get the best of the conditions, as when he starts well he normally goes on to finsh high. http://www.oddschecker.com/golf/abu-dhabi-hsbc-golf-championship/abu-dhabi-hsbc-golf-championship/top-south-african http://www.oddschecker.com/golf/abu-dhabi-hsbc-golf-championship/abu-dhabi-hsbc-golf-championship/top-rest-of-the-world
Super, superb Graham. :loon

Re: ABU DHABI HSBC 17-20 Jan Terrific work, Graham. I'll be honest, at the start of the day, I thought it would be me collecting but a super 65 from Brandon Grace lands both bets. That's 2 weeks on the bounce, great guns :clap Surprised at Justin, thought he would have seen it out but his putter was freezing cold today. 2 weeks in though and a 3rd @ 50/1 with Jaidee and a 2nd @ 16/1 with Rose. Money back today so it's not all bad. Promising start to the season :ok