Announcements
*** York Ebor Competition: Well done to 1st daveg, 2nd glavintobuy & 3rd Donnyflyer ***
** September Poker League Result : =1st muttley & juanmoment, 3rd McG **
** August Naps Competition Result: 1st Zidane123, 2nd Adamross, 3rd Wanderlust, 4th Rainbow. KO Cup Winner: Peter York, Most Winners: Alastair **

Capital One Cup > 22nd Jan - 23rd Jan

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 22 January 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Aston Villa v Bradford City (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.37[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.93 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 23 January 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Swansea City v Chelsea (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.29 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Capital One Cup > 22nd Jan - 23rd Jan Aston Villa v Bradford City Nervous as hell about this game as are most Bradford City supporters, so close yet so far and now expected to go to Villa Park and come away with some kind of result. We want the underdog tag and Villa are still favourites and the ones under pressure, as is Mr Lambert. The one thing we found out from the home game and from games since is that Villa can't defend, especially at corners. All 3 of our goals came directly or just after a set piece and bearing this in mind I find it strange to still see Rory McArdle available at 66-1. I mentioned him in a post for the first leg game and he was 50-1 for 1st goal and scored that night (around 17-1 to score anytime I think back then). Young 19 year old McHugh also scored but he might get replaced by Michael Nelson if we favour experience over youth on the night. We have just signed him from Kilmarnock and I don't think he's been at any English teams this season so won't be cup tied. There is also an edge to it with him too as he scored for a Norwich team managed by Paul Lambert to beat Charlton that were then managed by Phil Parkinson, a result that went towards costing them promotion according to reports in yesterdays papers. He is 6ft 2' and will be a danger at corners if Villa defend like they did in the home leg and he's 40-1 for the first goal and has scored twice this season. Chances are that Villa will score first and go on the all out attack to put pressure on us and they had lots of chances early on in the home game but Benteke was off target. He's probably the most likely to score first but he's only 3-1. McArdle is 20-1 to score anytime with Tote/Betfred while Nelson is 16-1 with Ladbrokes, depends if you prefer anytime goalscorer or small ew on 1st goalscorer. We expect to concede but can Villa keep a much needed clean sheet??? Advise small stakes ew on: McArdle (Bradford) to score 1st goal at 66-1 Betfred Nelson (Bradford) at 40-1 Ladbrokes

Re: Capital One Cup > 22nd Jan - 23rd Jan 4pts Aston Villa vs Bradford - Both teams to score 17/20 BetVictor Bradford’s form either side of this tie hasn’t been crash hot but that was to be expected given the magnitude of this game. However they have completed half the job in the first leg of this semi final. The key now is to make sure they don’t just sit on their lead. We saw in the first leg that there are goals in this for Bradford if they go looking for them. Villa have to push forward in this second leg and go looking for goals which might leave them more exposed at the back so I think there is more than enough to suggest both teams can score in this second leg. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/aston-villa-vs-bradford-betting-both-sides-can-score-in-an-open-second-leg

Re: Capital One Cup > 22nd Jan - 23rd Jan Personally fancy Villa to get through. I imagine Lambert will play a full strength team. Bradford performances have been in front of a packed home stadium - I think that the task in front of them at Villa Park will be a completely different challenge for them. Don't get me wrong, Bradford will be well up for it. But I'm backing both premier league class and fitness to come to the fore here. I think that Villa will win by a 2 goal margin within 90 minutes, and qualify to the final aet. I will therefore be on 2 singles tonight...... 6 pts - Aston Villa to win @ 1.36 (Bet365) 4 pts - Aston Villa to Qualify @ 2.10 (Bet365)

Re: Capital One Cup > 22nd Jan - 23rd Jan Am going against the grain here as i think Bradford will edge past Villa 2nite - they have good cushion after the first leg - I can not see Bradford not scoring so really should get on the both to score - but I just have a feeling Bradford will have enough to get through. Have taken the 4/5 with Skybet that Bradford will qualify I fancy 2-1 Villa win 2nite but will go with just Bradford to qualify for final. Joe

Re: Capital One Cup > 22nd Jan - 23rd Jan

Aston Villa v Bradford City Nervous as hell about this game as are most Bradford City supporters, so close yet so far and now expected to go to Villa Park and come away with some kind of result. We want the underdog tag and Villa are still favourites and the ones under pressure, as is Mr Lambert. The one thing we found out from the home game and from games since is that Villa can't defend, especially at corners. All 3 of our goals came directly or just after a set piece and bearing this in mind I find it strange to still see Rory McArdle available at 66-1. I mentioned him in a post for the first leg game and he was 50-1 for 1st goal and scored that night (around 17-1 to score anytime I think back then). Young 19 year old McHugh also scored but he might get replaced by Michael Nelson if we favour experience over youth on the night. We have just signed him from Kilmarnock and I don't think he's been at any English teams this season so won't be cup tied. There is also an edge to it with him too as he scored for a Norwich team managed by Paul Lambert to beat Charlton that were then managed by Phil Parkinson, a result that went towards costing them promotion according to reports in yesterdays papers. He is 6ft 2' and will be a danger at corners if Villa defend like they did in the home leg and he's 40-1 for the first goal and has scored twice this season. Chances are that Villa will score first and go on the all out attack to put pressure on us and they had lots of chances early on in the home game but Benteke was off target. He's probably the most likely to score first but he's only 3-1. McArdle is 20-1 to score anytime with Tote/Betfred while Nelson is 16-1 with Ladbrokes, depends if you prefer anytime goalscorer or small ew on 1st goalscorer. We expect to concede but can Villa keep a much needed clean sheet??? Advise small stakes ew on: McArdle (Bradford) to score 1st goal at 66-1 Betfred Nelson (Bradford) at 40-1 Ladbrokes
What I like about McArdle to score at anytime is - if Bradford fall behind on aggregate, as is quite possible, they could conceivably win quite a few corners and threaten from them. Say, for example, Viilla are leading 2-0 on the night ...

Am going against the grain here as i think Bradford will edge past Villa 2nite - they have good cushion after the first leg - I can not see Bradford not scoring so really should get on the both to score - but I just have a feeling Bradford will have enough to get through. Have taken the 4/5 with Skybet that Bradford will qualify I fancy 2-1 Villa win 2nite but will go with just Bradford to qualify for final. Joe
Made a few quid on Bradfod to qualify and even got the corect score right - shame I did not do that too - am just pleased with the money I won at odds of 4/5 - well played bradford fully deseved - Hopefully get swansea in the final too.

Re: Capital One Cup > 22nd Jan - 23rd Jan most likely bradford will play in uefa cup next year ......unbelievable what did i just saw......i saw commitment , passion ,determination , sacrifice .....despite not being a bradford fan i can say they won a supporter tonight ...

Re: Capital One Cup > 22nd Jan - 23rd Jan 4pts Swansea (+0.75AH) to beat Chelsea 1.80 Bet365 This second leg is very much like the second leg of the other semi final albeit with the side leading at home in this game. I think Swansea would be daft to sit on their lead so even if it is only on the break they should be looking to score. Chelsea have to score twice on the night and that might mean sending the full backs on at times and leaving themselves exposed to the counter attack. I think Swansea will get some joy going forward and they have a defence solid enough to suggest they won’t lose this by two goals. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/swansea-vs-chelsea-betting-swansea-can-ensure-they-head-to-wembley-by-protecting-two-goal-lead

Re: Capital One Cup > 22nd Jan - 23rd Jan As a Villa fan just want to say fair play to all Bradford fans as they were excellent tonight and hope you have a good day out at Wembley. Hope it will be full of genuine fans too. After the recent history since that horrific fire have a good day

most likely bradford will play in uefa cup next year ......unbelievable what did i just saw......i saw commitment ' date=' passion ,determination , sacrifice .....despite not being a bradford fan i can say they won a supporter tonight ...[/quote'] +1 fan in me! Up the Bantams!

Re: Capital One Cup > 22nd Jan - 23rd Jan Swansea - Chelsea over 3.5 @ 2.60 sportsbet Swansea - Chelsea over 4.5 @ 4.65 sportsbet Swansea surprisingly lead 2-0 from the first leg and it is a given that Chelsea will attack from the start to overcome this deficit. Benitez knows that he will suffer a massive backlash if he does not get through so expect him to put an attack-minded lineup to start off with and look to get an early goal to give themselves some hope but also put even more pressure on Swansea. Swansea's home form has been very good as they have scored at least two goals in 7 of their last 11 home games in all competitions, as they have lost just once in these games, while Chelsea has been better on the road than at home, winning their last 6 games on the road in the EPL and cups, and scoring at least two goals in 5 of these 6 away games. Swansea have just two clean sheets in these 11 games while Chelsea have just two clean sheets in these 6 away games, so likely that both will concede, but there should be plenty of open spaces for both teams to take advantage of, as Chelsea in particular go looking for goals while Swansea are quite good at hitting teams on the counter attack

Re: Capital One Cup > 22nd Jan - 23rd Jan I really like the unders here. It's 2.4 at the moment, I'm not sure when I'll get on as I imagine it will keep drifting, but I'll be backing it at some stage today. Swansea have a very underish record against the top sides, and they have no reason to do anything except keep the ball today, something they do really well. Obviously Chelsea have the firepower and they need to go forward but I think they struggle when they have no space, and I don't think they will be too adventurous in the first half as they can't afford to concede. I can see Swansea playing it around endlessly and trying to kill the game. I think it will end either 0-1, 0-2 or 1-1 here. The main danger to this bet is probably Swansea losing the ball in a dangerous area, something they do sometimes with their passing game. Chelsea will likely play a pressing game and hope for this to happen. Still though, I think unders is priced too high, I think 2.1 would be a fair price.

A significant amount of snow has fallen in past hour here to point that I've been sent home from work and still coming down very heavy. Am writing this from Morrisons car park (next door to liberty stadium) - main roads are passable with care but temperatures are dropping and ice could easily become a problem. I think the game will go ahead (although I'm not as convinced as I was 2 hours ago) but I'd guess there may be a number of empty seats as fans may not be able to get to game or get back. A number of accident and snow in local areas has closed roads and it's worsening. Swansea could do with a strong home crowd tonight and the snow will put the game at risk and reduce the crowd.

:/ sat stationary on 70 mph road out of Swansea. At 2pm I'd have put odds of 1.01-1.02 on the game going ahead. Would put it at 1.50 now, not cos of ground but safety outside. Still think it'll go ahead but if it does get called off, you couldn't blame anyone for it being so late.