** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

WNBL Season 2012/2013

Re: WNBL Season 2012/2013 Townsville certainly seemed to get a flat Bendigo off the big game win over Dandenong. Adelaide were much the same, off strong form plus missing Batkovic. Townsville did open +11.5 for this, which interested me but I'm likely to leave it (+8.5) now. I haven't ruled out trying them SU though.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: WNBL Season 2012/2013 agree with Ashtee about Townsville v Adelaide and Bendigo, don't have much of an opinion on this one. like the over in adelaide and maybe adelaide as well. adelaide have been stomping teams at home and get the impression from last week that sydney have had enough for the season.

Re: WNBL Season 2012/2013 Sydney +16 Notwithstanding any desire to maintain strong form leading into finals I feel there is a chance Adelaide could be a little off the boil tonight. Sydney should be geared to make a statement off last week's disappointment. Of course, Sydney may spread some minutes but I've still marked the handicap at 9.5.

Re: WNBL Season 2012/2013 ^ value sucked of Fire as a play now, line down to -7.5 with heavy juice on tsv side... That's the trouble with pinnacle - their limits are so low for WNBL as it is and especially when these lines first go up... Early value can be lost so quickly.. Not playing that game now as -7.5 for dander ing is right where I marked it. Looking at nbl

Re: WNBL Season 2012/2013 I marked the Townsville line 7.5 too and obviously subject of a plunge - I wonder if there could a big out to add to Phillips that we don't know of yet or simply just a case of they've won last five at home including big scalps as mentioned above??? SU I thought I'd see higher than 5.75 openers, then was OK with TAB opening with 5.00 but in no time it was gone too, so I'll settle for no action at all.

Re: WNBL Season 2012/2013 Played: Sydney -8.5 1u Sydney under 143 1u Bendigo over 140 1.5u Since mid season when Sydney got their squad together they have pretty much handled the sides outside the top 4 fairly comfortably and been handled comfortably by the top sides most of the time. Looks a decent spot for WC with Sydney on back to back in what could be tough conditions in Alice Springs. However, WC have been so terrible without Deanna Smith playing lately in particular the last two weeks I think Sydney should cover. Think Bendigo will come to play after being smashed last week and they have scored 80 or more in four of their last five home games. Canberra are missing players but have still been putting some points on the board. Bendigo may shut them down but more likely they score over 60 which will be more than enough to push it over.

Re: WNBL Season 2012/2013 I hope any followers took binomial's advice on Adelaide-Sydney and not mine :$. Tonight; Sydney -8.5 They were awful last night albeit to an ominous looking opposition. Sarah Graham shot just 1/10 :loon not to mention a number of missed easy layups by the team. Sometimes hard to fully turn around focus overnight but any good look in the mirror should be enough to cover in this. Bendigo - Canberra OVER 137.5 @ 1.81 Same reasons as binomial. They are 10-5 since Griffin and 7-1 the last eight, their games really are not like an eighth ranked TOTALS team that whole season figures may suggest. Canberra are 12-9 overall, so this isn't at all high for them.

Re: WNBL Season 2012/2013 looking into the total for that late game tomorrow ... the ave ppg in Dandenong's four weekend road back-enders this season 150 .. Logan Metro a bit of a bermuda triangle for offence with the ave score in that gym this season 130 ... also has the feel of a flat spot for both teams in terms of the schedule... Logan's season is done and Dandenong no doubt with an eye on getting home and preparing for Adelaide next weekend.

Re: WNBL Season 2012/2013 brutally short turnaround here for canberra, about 14 hours after a bed shet performance, cant see them showing much in this spot. bulleen only have 9 wins for the season but four of them have been by 20+. betting they handle Canberra easily. Bulleen -15 1.5u Bulleen under 145.5 1.5u don't mind that under dogs although average for Dandenong at Logan this season is 183.

Re: WNBL Season 2012/2013 The eye was obviously off the ball given the stellar form and probably thinking more about tomorrow night but Bulleen starters did have an overload of minutes which thankfully seemed to help the result cruise home after HT. :cheers

Re: WNBL Season 2012/2013 Tricky games tonight as I see it. Tend to think Adelaide wont be too fatigued not having to travel too far and having a full squad to choose from, assuming no injuries last night. They got crushed in the second game of back to backs a couple of times earlier in the season but were missing key players. On the other hand Dandenong may be much more motivated for this. Playing WC at home when they are back to back looks the easiest game you could ask for. Sydney have only won one game by 18+ all season but they beat WC last week by 14 neutral venue, with most players looking to have played pretty ordinary on the back to back. Having lost their last home game in double overtime they could come to play to finish off in front of the home fans on a high note or having beaten WC handily last week may just go thru the motions. I lean to the former. WC could ride a wave of momentum after slaying the mighty canberra, or they could play poorly like they usually do. I see this one 80 odd to 50 odd and think there is a bit of value in what i initially though was an inflated line. Townsville face a tougher road trip and could play poorly because of it. Despite this think the over is value, but no opinion on the side at this stage.

Re: WNBL Season 2012/2013 I think the injury is pretty good now? Adelaide don't need to prove anything whereas you'd think Dandenong do, so Adelaide resting players wouldn't surprise at all. I actually fancy the SU price on Adelaide a bit but am inclined to wait on teams ... or maybe won't touch it at all. I felt Sydney were shabby on the road when they beat WCW 14 after trailing 5QT, so I'm inclined to think they'll be better prepared here. On the other hand WCW look to be having an strong road weekend (although didn't really beat much - Cosier soft contribution). I've marked the line 17.5, same as bookies.

Re: WNBL Season 2012/2013 Sydney - West Coast Under 145.5 @ 1.88 West Coast pride themselves on making it as hard as possible to score. So even for a Sydney team in good form (Sarah Graham had shooting horrors LW to the point she played a non shooting role v WCW) this number should take some topping.

Re: WNBL Season 2012/2013 Sydney never looked like covering until the last few minutes so can't feel too bad but this is an ugly last two minutes: [TABLE=width: 359]

[TR] [TD]0:01[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD]76-60[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]0:02[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD]76-60[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]0:03[/TD] [TD]5, J. Kennedy, shot 2pt blocked[/TD] [TD]76-60[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]0:13[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD]76-60[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]0:15[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD]76-60[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]0:19[/TD] [TD]14, T. Tupaea, turnover badpass[/TD] [TD]76-58[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]0:20[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD]76-58[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]0:32[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD]76-58[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]0:35[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD]76-58[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]0:49[/TD] [TD]24, A. Sykes, turnover badpass[/TD] [TD]76-55[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]0:49[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD]76-55[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]0:49[/TD] [TD]24, A. Sykes, rebound defensive[/TD] [TD]76-55[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]0:49[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD]76-55[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]0:51[/TD] [TD]31, T. Roberts, turnover badpass[/TD] [TD]76-55[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]0:55[/TD] [TD]31, T. Roberts, rebound offensive[/TD] [TD]76-55[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]0:56[/TD] [TD]11, M. Joy, shot 2pt missed[/TD] [TD]76-55[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]1:15[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD]76-55[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]1:24[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD]76-55[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]1:25[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD]76-55[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]1:25[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD]76-55[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]1:25[/TD] [TD]11, M. Joy, substitution in[/TD] [TD]76-54[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]1:25[/TD] [TD]21, S. Graham, substitution out[/TD] [TD]76-54[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]1:25[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD]76-54[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]1:25[/TD] [TD]24, A. Sykes, foul personal[/TD] [TD]76-54[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]1:26[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD]76-54[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]1:30[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD]76-54[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]1:34[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD]76-54[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]1:34[/TD] [TD]14, T. Tupaea, foul personal[/TD] [TD]76-54[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]1:37[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD]76-54[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]1:38[/TD] [TD]24, A. Sykes, shot 3pt missed[/TD] [TD]76-54[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]1:59[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD]76-54[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]1:59[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD]76-54[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]1:59[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD]76-54[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]1:59[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD]76-53[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]1:59[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD]76-52[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]1:59[/TD] [TD]21, S. Graham, foul personal[/TD] [TD]76-52[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]2:01[/TD] [TD]24, A. Sykes, turnover ballhandling[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: WNBL Season 2012/2013 i thought about playing that myself after i saw your post, but ended up having a unit at +8 $2. i was looking at the odds to win it and thought Adelaide looked the value at $4. then i reflected you could get $4+ for them winning one game last weekend. it is a tough ask for them, but on last few weeks form i would make them equal with Bendigo and Dandenong at least. if you make an adjustment for back to back, you could say they have handled Dandenong twice and they beat Bendigo by 20 at home. Adelaide to Melbourne trip two weeks in a row is not really that big a deal....