** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The Masters 13-20 Jan

kevshat

Re: The Masters 13-20 Jan Tournament preview: 1pt ew A.Carter to win The Masters 22/1 BetVictor Carter was the runner up in the World Championship in the spring and he all but made the final of the UK Championship recently so the Captain knows the flight path in these major tournaments. As a local lad Carter won’t be messing about with hotels and things this week which will help him and given that he is in good shape with his game, had good match practice in the Championship League last week and has a fair part of the draw I think he can go well at 22/1 this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/the-masters-betting-ali-carter-can-fly-to-the-masters-title-at-alexandra-palace

Re: The Masters 13-20 Jan Mark Selby to win The Masters @ 8.00 >Betfair John Higgins to win The Masters @ 9.20 Betfair Stephen Maguire to win The Masters @ 16.50 Betfair Even at this price, I think Selby offers some value this week. He's in the same half as Trump, and if it wasn't for that I'm sure he'd be shorter. I watched him at the UK Championship and he was impressive, and he won on the European Tour earlier this month in Munich, so he comes into this tournament in good form. If he meets Trump in the semi-final he's got every chance of beating him, so I'm going with The Jester in the bottom half. It's a similar story in the top half for me, in that I think Higgins is a decent price because of the presence of defending champion Robertson. He's enjoyed a strong season so far, and his comeback win against Trump in the final of the Shanghai Masters shows that he's lost none of his fighting qualities. In an elite field such as this, the margins between winning and losing are very small, so I think it's sensible to have an interest in Higgins. A player I like at a bigger price is Stephen Maguire. He has a winnable opening match against Dott, and if he comes through that, he would probably need to beat Trump and Selby to make the final. On his day though, he remains capable of beating both those players, and so I think he's worth a small stake.

Re: The Masters 13-20 Jan [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 13 January 2013[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Robertson, N v Ding, Junhui (13:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.69 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.42 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.49 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Allen, M v Davis, M (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.74 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.13 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 14 January 2013[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Higgins, J v Carter, A (13:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.58 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.68 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.60 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Maguire, S v Dott, G (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.53 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.93 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 15 January 2013[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Trump, J v Hawkins, B (13:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.36 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.20 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Murphy, S v Walden, R (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.48 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.90 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 16 January 2013[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Williams, M v Stevens, M (13:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.26 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.80 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Selby, M v Bingham, S (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.63 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.81 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: The Masters 13-20 Jan Sunday previews: 4pts N.Robertson (-1.5 frames) to beat D.Junhui 6/5 Ladbrokes Neil Robertson needs a win to forget those two collapses he’s had recently and I think he’s got every chance in this match because Ding isn’t playing his best snooker this season and never really performs like he can in this tournament. Robertson will want to make a strong defence of his title and I think he can begin that with a win in this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/robertson-vs-ding-betting-neil-robertson-can-begin-his-masters-defence-with-win-over-ding 3pts M.Davis to beat M.Allen 17/10 Boylesports This time last year I would have expected Mark Allen to win this match quite comfortably but I happen to think Mark Davis has every chance in this match. He is finally showing his best snooker on the big stage and that has come at a good time in his career. The way he held his nerve to beat Higgins in the UK Championship was very impressive and I think he can make an impact in this tournament by seeing off the controversial Mark Allen here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/allen-vs-davis-betting-mark-davis-can-surprise-mark-allen-at-alexandra-palace

Re: The Masters 13-20 Jan Kev....I very rarely get bullish about a bet these days but the 17/10 about Mark Davis looks tremendous value!! Davis has thrived with the new schedule along with his results. I saw Allen recently in Germany and he looked a pale shadow of the player who was showing so much promise a couple of years ago. Win or lose this is a big bet for me as I think they have the wrong favourite!

Re: The Masters 13-20 Jan Monday previews: 4pts J.Higgins vs A.Carter - Over 9.5 frames 11/10 Bet365 I think this will be a close match. Both men have been playing well this season and both have that fighting spirit, never say die attitude in them. Both men can win frames by scoring heavily and they can win them with good matchplay so I think this one will have a fair bit of mileage in it. When these two met in a PTC earlier in the season it went to a deciding frame and I think this one can be just as close. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/higgins-vs-carter-betting-expect-to-see-a-few-frames-in-the-monday-afternoon-clash 3pts G.Dott to beat S.Maguire 7/4 BetVictor With the way Stephen Maguire’s form has dipped alarmingly since the early season and the way Graeme Dott’s picked up in Munich last week I think there’s a genuine case to be made for the former world champion. Neither of these players have fulfilled their potential in this event but Dott is a terrier and when he’s playing well he is very tough to beat so at 7/4 he’s the value play here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/maguire-vs-dott-betting-graeme-dott-is-the-value-to-come-through-the-all-scottish-match

Re: The Masters 13-20 Jan

Kev....I very rarely get bullish about a bet these days but the 17/10 about Mark Davis looks tremendous value!! Davis has thrived with the new schedule along with his results. I saw Allen recently in Germany and he looked a pale shadow of the player who was showing so much promise a couple of years ago. Win or lose this is a big bet for me as I think they have the wrong favourite!
It really was and we were a bit unlucky too. Allen had some outrageous luck when he missed the red and didn't leave anything simple in frame 5 when reds were over the middle and then in frame 6 Davis looked like scoring a few and snookered himself when he opened the pack and then in the last frame Davis was in and potted a red when opening the pack so it could easily have gone the other way.

Re: The Masters 13-20 Jan I think the 13/8 on offer for graeme dott to beat maguire is pretty tasty. head to head maguire shades it 5-4, although in major tournaments in recent years, Dott has beaten his opponent 5-2 in the german masters and notably 13-6 in the world championships in the last couple of years.

Re: The Masters 13-20 Jan Tuesday previews: 4pts J.Trump (-2.5 frames) to beat B.Hawkins 11/10 Boylesports Even though Hawkins started the season well his form has taken a dip in recent times and I expect Trump to be up for this and to win it with a bit to spare. Big crowds tend to bring out the best in Trump and I’m sure there will be a decent crowd in to see him in this match even taking into account the weather. Hawkins is a competent player without doubt but often he needs more than one chance to win a frame which he might not get often enough here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/trump-vs-hawkins-betting-judd-trump-can-see-off-barry-hawkins-with-a-bit-in-hand-in-masters-opener 4pts S.Murphy (-1.5 frames) to beat R.Walden 8/11 Boylesports Walden’s dip in form has come at a bad time really with so much snooker coming up at the minute and I think Murphy can take advantage of the dip in Walden’s form here. Murphy is very consistent at the minute and even though he hasn’t won a tournament recently he’s been knocking on the door and getting to the latter stages. This season he has scored so heavily and I think that scoring power can see him come through here with a bit in hand. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/murphy-vs-walden-betting-shaun-murphy-should-come-past-ricky-walden-without-too-many-dramas

Re: The Masters 13-20 Jan Belated 3rd quarter preview: 4pts M.Selby to win 3rd Quarter 11/8 Skybet Usually I don’t see much value in 11/8 shots in quarter bets but I think there is plenty of it in Mark Selby here. I believe the winner of his match with Stuart Bingham will win this quarter because both the Welshmen are off form at the minute. Selby clearly loves this tournament. He made no secret of that in the three years where he won the event twice and made the final the other year. The world number one comes into this tournament in good form and he’s the one to beat for me in the third quarter. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/the-masters-betting-mark-selby-looks-good-value-to-come-through-the-third-quarter

Re: The Masters 13-20 Jan Wednesday previews: 4pts M.Williams to beat M.Stevens 4/5 Paddy Power I expect Mark Williams to win this match. He’s had the better of their meetings and even though he isn’t in the best form he can win matches when he isn’t playing well which Stevens doesn’t seem to be able to do. Williams leads the head to head 9-5 but he’s won five of the last six and none of those have been close matches either. I think he’ll have too much for his fellow Welshman again here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/williams-vs-stevens-betting-mark-williams-can-prevail-again-in-the-battle-of-the-welshmen 4pts M.Selby vs S.Bingham - Over 9.5 frames 11/10 Bet365 If we ignore their last meeting in the Premier League, each of their last five meetings prior to that went to a deciding frame and given how well both men are playing this season I wouldn’t completely rule out a deciding frame here either. Both men score heavily and while Selby has the upper hand in the tactical department Stuart Bingham knows his way around a table and I see this being quite close throughout. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/selby-vs-bingham-betting-mark-selby-will-be-made-to-battle-for-a-quarter-final-place

Re: The Masters 13-20 Jan Stuart Bingham to win the Betfair Masters @21.00 Skybet Selby is the favourite in his 1st round match deservedly,But Bingham is playing some of the best snooker of his career right now.It's a lot to ask to beat Selby but if he can he should be able to make the Semis.As Kevshat has pointed out,Both the Welshmen in the same quarter aren't exactly firing on all cylinders.It's a long shot but I think there's slight value in it.

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 17 January 2013[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Robertson, N v Allen, M (13:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.42 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.15 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Murphy, S v Higgins, J (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.67 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.88 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 18 January 2013[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Dott, G v Trump, J (13:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.21 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Selby, M v Williams, M (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.45 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.73 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: The Masters 13-20 Jan Thursday previews: 4pts N.Robertson vs M.Allen - Over 9.5 frames 11/10 Paddy Power I think this will be a close match. Both men played well in the first round and look to be scoring well so I think this will be a high quality match. The last time they met in the quarter finals here Allen won 6-4 but I wouldn’t be surprised if this is even closer than that match. Both men are fighters on the table and never give in until they are beaten and I expect to see at least ten frames here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/robertson-vs-allen-betting-opening-quarter-final-looks-like-being-a-lengthy-battle 4pts S.Murphy vs J.Higgins - Over 9.5 frames 11/10 Bet365 These two generally have tight matches as both score heavily and both have decent tactical games. Clearly Higgins is ahead in that area but Murphy’s cueing and long potting will put Higgins’ safety under pressure. I think this has the makings of another close match and just like last year I don’t see either running away with this. Both were in good nick then and they are now and I see this ending 6-4 or 6-5 either way. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/murphy-vs-higgins-betting-expect-another-close-match-between-two-of-the-world-s-top-players

Re: The Masters 13-20 Jan *Neil Robertson -1.5 Frames > 1 Point @ 11/10 Paddy Power* Robertson has shown to have the better hand over Allen in the past, he currently leads 8-5 in matches, and the last time they met in the Masters, Neil won 6-3. I am still not convinced by Mark Allen, who, although he has talent, I am not sure he has what it takes to win this tournament right now, and certainly think he has to pull out the performance of his life if he is to knock out the Aussie wizard here. Robertson showed his fighting spirit against Ding Jun Hui, when he was only 1 ball away from being knocked out, yet still won the match in an epic encounter, against a top quality player. He will feel like he has won the lottery after winning that match, and will feel like he has nothing to lose facing Allen today, which for me, is very dangerous for Allen. At the end of the Ding match, Robertson went mental and showed a lot of emotion, which suggests he is taking this tournament extremely seriously, as he always does. In the head to head frame count, Robertson leads Allen 44-36. This season, Robertson has won 34 of his 47 matches to date, which is a 72% strike rate. Mark Allen has a 64% strike-rate this season. It should be a tight affair, but my personal opinion is Robertson is a better long potter, has better safety play than Allen, is probably hungrier and I expect him to win this match by at least 2 frames today.

Re: The Masters 13-20 Jan Friday previews: 4pts G.Dott (+2.5 frames) to beat J.Trump 10/11 Betfred I think Graeme Dott might have a chance in this match. He took Judd Trump to a deciding frame in Shanghai earlier in the season and Judd just looks off his normal game at the minute. It is clear his defeat at the UK Championship hurt him and hurt him badly and it might just be that he is being too cautious at the minute rather than playing some of his naughty snooker. Dott will get chances in this match, everyone opponent of Trump’s do and the outcome of the match will depend on how many he takes. I think he’ll take at least four if not six. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dott-vs-trump-betting-graeme-dott-can-push-judd-trump-all-the-way-in-quarter-final 4pts M.Williams vs M.Selby - Over 9.5 frames 5/4 Coral Both men will know they are fortunate to be in the tournament still and both have shown they can win from behind which makes me think this will be a close match. Neither man is ever beaten and both know their way around a snooker table. Both men have shown they can win when they aren’t playing their best so I don’t see either running away with this. Generally their longer distance matches are quite tight and that’s how I see this one being too. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/selby-vs-williams-betting-battle-of-the-mark-s-could-have-plenty-of-mileage-in-it

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 19 January 2013[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Robertson, N v Murphy, S (13:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.66 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.52 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.68 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Selby, M v Dott, G (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.7 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.46 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: The Masters 13-20 Jan Semi final previews: 5pts N.Robertson vs S.Murphy - Over 9.5 frames 11/10 Paddy Power This first semi final looks as tight as a duck’s rear end and I just think it will be tit for tat. While the other side of the draw has been a bit disappointing standard wise the top half hasn’t let us down and I don’t think this match will either. I think it will be largely punch and counter punch with lots of big breaks and frames won in one visit and when the final ball is potted I think we’ll have seen at least 10 frames if not the full 11. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/robertson-vs-murphy-betting-repeat-of-last-year-s-final-can-be-close-throughout 4pts M.Selby vs G.Dott - Over 9.5 frames 5/4 Ladbrokes It is fair to say neither of these two have played anywhere near their best snooker in this tournament but the chance is there for one of them to go on and make the final. These two met in the final of the Munich Open recently and Selby won that in a deciding frame. That wasn’t a huge surprise as most matches between these two have been close through the years particularly their longer distance ones and I think this one will be close too. Both men give their all and fight til the end and I see at least 10 frames in this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/selby-vs-dott-betting-expect-another-close-game-between-these-two-just-like-in-munich-open

Re: The Masters 13-20 Jan *Neil Robertson to WIN UK Masters @ 15/8 Paddy Power* Have to be quick as it starts in a minute. Roberton is playing out of his skin at the moment, I think he has a better game than Murphy, and if Dott can cause an upset against Selby, Robertson will nearly be a shoe-in for the final. I thought Neil would be favourite, but Selby is, so value with Robertson for me.

Re: The Masters 13-20 Jan Final preview: 4pts N.Robertson to beat M.Selby 8/11 Blue Square Mark Selby can’t be written off because he fights and scraps throughout matches and never knows when he is beaten but Neil Robertson is playing so well that I just can’t see him losing this match. Robertson is scoring very heavily in the balls and unlike Selby won’t need 2 or more chances per frame to close out the frame. Robertson’s tactical nous is probably a lot better than people give him credit for and although this title is rarely defended successfully I think the Australia can do it in this final. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/robertson-vs-selby-betting-neil-robertson-can-get-revenge-for-uk-championship-defeat-to-defend-his-title

Re: The Masters 13-20 Jan Not having a bet but I do think Robbo is value in running. Whilst Selby played much the better this afternoon, he's only 5-3 up & Robbo has been the better over the week as a whole. In addition, fatigue could play a part with Selby on the baize past midnight last night. If there's another late on, I think Robbo will be favoured. A good start is crucial but if he does start well, there's definite value in the comeback at 6/4 with Bet365.