** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Jump Racing 11th January 2013

Re: Jump Racing 11th January 2013 1:10 Segefield win Highway code. 5 points 11/8 victor boyle 365 Richard Lee sends the horse on a 500 mile round trip. For a guy who likes to keep his peenys close to his chest, its costing a few pennys sending this horse up. for £3800. The horse steps back down into novice company, having ran a cracker at Chepstow last time out, over 3 1/2 furlongs further. He was bang there 2 out last time and looked like the winner at 1 stage. Heavy ground which it is in places now after overnight rain will be ideal. On hurdle form he is at least 8lb better than this lot, with the added bonus of a very decent conditional taking 5lb off. I think this is the first time the trainer has been here, i may be wrong, but nevertheless i see him coming away smiling.

Re: Jump Racing 11th January 2013 *Along Came Rosie > Sedgefield 2:10 > WIN @ 7/1 Bet365 BOG* Both wins over fences came at this track, so now returned here it could spark a lot of improvement. Won off a mark of 97 only three runs back, and now runs off 88, so the handicapper has been very leniant in my opinion, and I would be very surprised if it did not figure off this mark. Trainer is not in great form, which is a worry, but does look overpriced in such a small field.

Re: Jump Racing 11th January 2013 1.40 Sedgefield - 1pt win Shannina @ 14/1 (Bet365) This is a poor staying contest full of plodders. Make no mistake, my selection here fits into that category but represents value against the rest of the runners in my eyes. I totally respect the favourite and would be keen on him had he not had such a tough race just eleven days ago. That concerns me but if he doesn't feel it and wins then I'll accept that. At the price, though, and with the concerns over the wellbeing of the second favourite (pulled up and dismounted on hurdling debut), I think it's well worth having a nibble on David Thompson's runner. Hobbs Dream is a very difficult ride and Carmela Maria seems to save its best for Catterick so all in all the selection appears fairly obvious to me. This gelding is slow but is a pretty willing runner and does just stay on and stay on. He shaped really well on his return from a lengthy absence but disappointed on his next two starts. However, his most recent pair of runs have been pretty useful and the 2m4f he competed over at the sharp Fakenham was outrageously short for him. He stayed on well from a mile back but still needed a much stiffer test. 3m2f was much better last time and he looked a threat as he stayed on nicely into 3rd but couldn't go with the leaders and eventually finished third. However, despite being tired (as they all were) he wasn't being closed on by any of the others and he obviously stays well. The form has been franked a bit by the first two there and this looks weaker to me on the face of it. Handles the ground and the trainer's small string seem in the best order for a while so all things considered, with Grant Cockburn a good 7lb claimer, this strong test could be set up for him off a feather weight.

Re: Jump Racing 11th January 2013 CROOKED ARROW 3.40 Sed 10/1 365 boyle victor 2 points e/way. Bred fro the flat game without running, costiong £82000 and Mick Easterby picking up for 7000 Had 1 run, running free to finish placed, blinkers on today to help him settle, trainer at the track, have a feeling he will show to much class today.

Re: Jump Racing 11th January 2013

CROOKED ARROW 3.40 Sed 10/1 >365 boyle >Victor 2 points e/way. Bred fro the flat game without running, costiong £82000 and Mick Easterby picking up for 7000 Had 1 run, running free to finish placed, blinkers on today to help him settle, trainer at the track, have a feeling he will show to much class today.
The Easterbys usually back these types afor the off, if they are fancied m8!