Announcements
** Poker League Results : July: 1st McG, 2nd Rhino_Power, 3rd Elliott Sutcliffe; August: 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd Rivrd **
** August Naps Competition Result: 1st LEE-GRAYS, 2nd Gary66, 3rd LeMale, 4th RUG. KO Cup Winner DONNYFLYER. Most Winners TVY: **

Australia vs Sri Lanka - ODI Series & 2xT20 Internationals

kevshat

Australia begin the limited overs section of their summer on Friday when they start a 5 match ODI series against Sri Lanka which is followed by a 2 match T20 series before the West Indies go down under. With the Champions Trophy coming up in the English summer and England and Australia playing each other for the rest of the year we should get some good pointers from this series. As with the tests, all the matches are live on Sky in the UK. Schedule: [TABLE=width: 630]

[TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%]Fri Jan 11 03:20 GMT | 14:20 local 03:20 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 1st ODI - Australia v Sri Lanka Melbourne Cricket Ground [/TD] [TD=width: 20%] 30.png 16 - 34° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif [/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sun Jan 13 03:20 GMT | 13:50 local 03:20 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 2nd ODI - Australia v Sri Lanka Adelaide Oval [/TD] [TD=width: 20%] 38.png 18 - 26° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif [/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Fri Jan 18 03:20 GMT | 13:20 local 03:20 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 3rd ODI - Australia v Sri Lanka Brisbane Cricket Ground, Woolloongabba, Brisbane [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sun Jan 20 03:20 GMT | 14:20 local 03:20 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 4th ODI - Australia v Sri Lanka Sydney Cricket Ground [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Wed Jan 23 03:20 GMT | 14:20 local 03:20 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 5th ODI - Australia v Sri Lanka Bellerive Oval, Hobart [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sat Jan 26 08:35 GMT | 19:35 local 08:35 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 1st T20I - Australia v Sri Lanka Stadium Australia, Sydney [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Mon Jan 28 08:35 GMT | 19:35 local 08:35 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 2nd T20I - Australia v Sri Lanka Melbourne Cricket Ground [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Australia vs Sri Lanka - ODI Series & 2xT20 Internationals ODI series preview: 4pts Sri Lanka to win ODI series 11/4 Ladbrokes To say Australia aren’t taking this series seriously would be wrong but it is clear to see from their squad that they are looking way down the line rather than focusing purely on winning this series. Sri Lanka will know their people will want to see them a lot more competitive in this series and they have named a squad accordingly and I think at 11/4 they are the value here having competed with a much stronger Australia side in the CB series 12 months ago. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-sri-lanka-odi-series-betting-sri-lanka-can-overcome-an-inexperienced-australia-side-in-odi-s

Re: Australia vs Sri Lanka - ODI Series & 2xT20 Internationals 1st ODI preview: 5pts Under 5.5 6's 5/6 William Hill With the boundaries being so big here the bet I like is under 5.5 6’s. Australia’s two biggest six hitters – Warner and Watson aren’t playing while Sri Lanka aren’t a big hitting side anyway but they have a bowling attack where sixes are hard to hit against. Australia’s top three aren’t big hitters by any stretch so I like the look of there being less than half a dozen sixes here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-sri-lanka-1st-odi-betting-mcg-boundaries-are-too-big-to-see-many-sixes

Re: Australia vs Sri Lanka - ODI Series & 2xT20 Internationals Hi Kevshat I'm completely in agreement with your Sri Lanka bet. Their ODI side just looks good, and for me with the Ashes coming up and 2 middle order spots available I'm sure Hughes, Khawaja and co are going to have half an eye on that and may not produce the goods this series. Plus Thisara Perera has played so well in the BigBash I fancy him to have a big series. My bet for the morning though is on the slinger. Malinga - Sri Lanka Top Bowler (1st ODI) 5/2 @ Ladbrokes & WilliamHill He's torn apart the BigBash, the Aussies know what he can do and I think will give him maximum respect and of course he is there to clean up the tail or york the Aussies at the death. He is also 9/4 with the same companies to be Series Top Sri Lanka Bowler too just in case his light doesn't shine so bright tonight!

Re: Australia vs Sri Lanka - ODI Series & 2xT20 Internationals Sorry mate,just the one.That dropped catch by Mathews in Malingas 8th over and the wicketkeeper not being able to hit the stumps from 3 yards in his final over didnt help.Some really close calls but still sure it was good value just unlucky :(

Re: Australia vs Sri Lanka - ODI Series & 2xT20 Internationals 2nd ODI preview: 4pts C.McKay Over 1.5 wickets 5/4 Ladbrokes This will be a high scoring game, I’m fairly sure of that but one bowler who might well be useful for Australia with his mixtures of slower balls and quicker balls is Clint McKay. McKay took four wickets in the first ODI including the prize wicket of Mahela Jayawardene and on a ground where every bowler will be attacked his shrewd variations should come into play. The 5/4 on him to take over 1.5 wickets looks a good price based on that performance. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-sri-lanka-2nd-odi-betting-clint-mckay-can-have-another-good-game-in-adelaide

Re: Australia vs Sri Lanka - ODI Series & 2xT20 Internationals Australia: Michael Clarke ©, George Bailey, Xavier Doherty, Moises Henriques, Phillip Hughes, David Hussey, Mitchell Johnson, Glenn Maxwell, Clint McKay, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade (wk), David Warner. All the big guns back for Friday, after being lambasted, Selector gone back to Africa...The press creamed the selectors after the other day. Easy win for Australia IMO, 1.5 but they will win.

Re: Australia vs Sri Lanka - ODI Series & 2xT20 Internationals 3rd ODI preview: 4pts Sri Lanka Under 2.5 6's 8/11 Ladbrokes Sri Lanka’s 6’s line is set at 2.5 which looks a touch high to me on this ground. The Gabba is known for being one of the biggest outfields in world cricket let alone Australia and hitting 6’s here is never easy. The tourists have only hit three sixes all series so far and that includes 40 overs of batting at Adelaide with boundaries 30 metres shorter than they are here. Sri Lanka aren’t known for hitting too many sixes and I’m not at all convinced they’ll hit three or more in this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-sri-lanka-3rd-odi-betting-sri-lanka-are-unlikely-to-hit-too-many-sixes-at-the-gabba

Re: Australia vs Sri Lanka - ODI Series & 2xT20 Internationals Australia all out for 74!!! Sorry but one has to wander if they are chucking matches. at least 20 mill was matched for the 3rd odi. Either that or they just do not care about the odi series at all. Seeing the players laugh and joke around on the field when they were getting there backsides flogged in Sydney in the 2nd odi suggest they could not care at all, do they really find getting flogged funny

Re: Australia vs Sri Lanka - ODI Series & 2xT20 Internationals 4th ODI preview: 4pts L.Thirimanne (+0.5 runs) to beat G.Bailey 5/6 Ladbrokes One man who has really impressed me in this series so far is Lahiru Thirimanne. He’s impressed me all tour actually and I think Ladbrokes have the wrong favourite in their match bet between him and George Bailey. Bailey doesn’t convince me at this level and other than his 89 on his home ground in the opening match he’s done little since then. Thirimanne looks comfortable in Australian conditions and I think he can outscore Bailey here, especially as he bats two places higher than him. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-sri-lanka-4th-odi-betting-lahiru-thirimanne-can-outscore-george-bailey-in-sydney

Re: Australia vs Sri Lanka - ODI Series & 2xT20 Internationals Final ODI preview: 4pts N.Kulasekara's Performance Pts - 40&Over 5/6 Bet365 The series is on the line here but those who followed the series outright bet will effectively be on Sri Lanka to win this match at 11/4 so there’s no need to get involved in them again. Instead I like the look of Nuwan Kulasekara’s performance line which is 40pts. In just the bowling innings in Sydney he scored 70pts by virtue of 3 wickets and a catch and he took five wickets in the match before that. In the opening ODI he scored 18 runs which shows he can bat if given the chance so there is more than enough scoring potential for the Sri Lanka opening bowler to get to 40pts in the series finale. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-sri-lanka-5th-odi-betting-nuwan-kulasekara-can-finish-series-in-good-form

Re: Australia vs Sri Lanka - ODI Series & 2xT20 Internationals 1st T20 preview: 4pts Sri Lanka to win 1st T20 5/4 Skybet Sri Lanka haven’t gone a whole lot wrong so far in the limited overs section of this tour and the low, slow wicket at Stadium Australia could play into their hands with their four spin options. Australia’s batting line up looks to lack a little bit of depth and their bowling attack looks a bit leaky so the odds against on Sri Lanka to win this opening game look good to me given conditions should suit them. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-sri-lanka-1st-t20-betting-sri-lanka-should-have-conditions-to-suit-at-anz-stadium

Re: Australia vs Sri Lanka - ODI Series & 2xT20 Internationals 2nd T20 preview: 4pts Under 7.5 6's 5/6 William Hill As with most games at the MCG I don’t expect to see a lot of sixes in this match. Both bowling attacks are good in this format and the line looks quite high at 7.5. The only international T20 which has seen this line covered needed Dave Warner to hit 6 sixes on his own and that sort of performance isn’t going to happen every day. With the likes of Starc, Malinga, Mendis and Doherty restricting the scoring I think we’ll see fewer than 8 6’s here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-sri-lanka-2nd-t20-betting-don-t-expect-to-see-many-sixes-in-melbourne