** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

January 7 - January 13

Re: January 7 - January 13 WTA Hobart International - Monica Niculescu to beat Kirsten Flipkens @ 2.50 >Betfair This is another match that I think could go either way. Both players are in good form and are similarly ranked, so I think it's reasonable to expect this to be close. Both players had good runs at their respective tournaments last week, and I'm sure they will both see this match as winnable. Flipkens was dominant against Jovanovski in the last round here, and I was impressed with how Niculescu ground out a win against Peng Shuai in her last match. All things considered, I think that Niculescu has a good chance of getting a win here, and that the value lies with her in this match.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: January 7 - January 13 Shelby Rogers to beat Ying-Ying Duan WTA Aussie Open Qualifer @2.20 William Hill(6/10) This plays in around 40 minutes from now.I believe the bookies have again priced this up only on rankings.YYD is 80 places higher in the rankings but imo is not as good of a player as SR on the hard courts.YYD has an impressive 147w/67L on hard courts but her record of victories over decent opponents is quite poor.I believe that Rogers will have enough to beat YDD in todays encounter.6pts win

Re: January 7 - January 13 Kathrin Woerle to beat Zarina Diyas WTA Aussie Open Qualifier @2.62 Bet365(5/10) Nice odds here on Woerle to win this 1st round qualifier.Both of their records on hard courts are awful but woerle is the better player of the two.KW hasnt played many matches on the hard courts in 2012 but if she plays to anywhere near her best she will have too much for Diyas.5pts win

Re: January 7 - January 13

2/10 Benneteau to beat Harrison @ 1.94 Pinnacle I like the Frenchmen here. Playing well, had a easily match last night. Also he was not in best form the last months, but Harrison is a overrated player in my eyes. Okay, he beat Isner last night, but Isner was nog 100% fit.
I do not think benneteau played tonight with Stepanek. Stepanek retired. Am I right?
Yes, i don't write it good. I mean that match before Stepanek, the match against Andujar.. But the pick is won :) and that is all we want.

Re: January 7 - January 13 Sam Querrey vs Philipp Kohlschreiber. Games over 22.5. 1.74 @ Pinnacle I'm jumping on the overs again. This match-up should easily be able to go to lengths. Head to head 2-1 in favour of Sam Querrey but they include matches in 2006 and 2009. So I'm not really guided by this stat. More interesting is the route both players took to reach the semi finals. I believe the ball basher Querrey isn't in the form he should be if he wants to do some damage at the Australian Open. He should have taken care of Levine much more easily than he did yesterday. This match is ideal to really test himself and gain more needed momentum en route to the Aussie Open. On the other hand, Kohlschreiber's form is on the rise. While I doubted his form against Falla and in Doha, I found his performance to have significantly risen against Malisse who was on a roll himself. In this match up I expect Querrey to be the aggressor and Kohlschreiber to try and work some angles and grind out the points. However, I can't pick a clear winner, but I'd expect Querrey to take the win. No value unfortunately in the Money Line as I think the odds are spot on. This match could easily go to 3 sets, but atleast one tiebreak is surely plausible. Pure value on the overs here.

Re: January 7 - January 13 James Blake Vs Donald Young: I think this is a matchup that has come just at the right time in Blake's fleeting career. I do not think that there is any question to the abundance of talent in the young Young despite the frustrating wait over the last couple of years. I am picking Young to blossom here in this spectacular ceremony of the changing of the guards!

Re: January 7 - January 13

Yes, i don't write it good. I mean that match before Stepanek, the match against Andujar.. But the pick is won :) and that is all we want.
Please explain to me how Benneteau had an easy match against Andujar. He struggled throughout the second set.

Re: January 7 - January 13 Back Philipp Kohlschreiber to beat Sam Querrey for a 2/10 stake at 2.47 with Pinnacle Am I missing something here or is this price just a touch high for the German to prevail against the American? Querrey has been solid so far, but so has Kohlschreiber and I just cannot pick a clear favourite in this match, so this price looks like value to me. I would say that he is the more complete player of the two and, although I would not necessarily make him a clear favourite, 2.47 looks a bit off to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kohlschreiber-vs-querrey-betting-philipp-kohlschreiber-looks-value-against-the-american Back David Ferrer to win ATP Auckland for a 3/10 stake at 1.73 with Pinnacle Not a big fan of taking outrights mid-tourneys but this seems like a good price for the defending champion. Monfils does lead the H2H 3-0, but this should be a bit different. Good performance against Haas, but Ferrer should be a bridge too far in all honesty and, if he gets through that challenge, Ferrer will be a huge favourite against both Querrey and Kohli. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-auckland-betting-david-ferrer-should-be-able-to-defend-his-title-in-auckland

Re: January 7 - January 13 Querrey - Kohlschreiber over9,5 1.set @1,57 betcity 6/10 Anderson - Benneteau over9,5 1.set @1,57 betcity 6/10 Anderson - Benneteau Benne +3,5 @1,53 betcity 6/10 Ferrer - Monfils Ferrer -3,5 @1,61 betcity 6/10 Gicquel + Stebe @1,66 betcity 6/10 I don't have much time to write, so in short lines.. Sam-Kolchs and Anderson-Benne are, IMO, similar stories like yesterday (mallisse and kolsch), both had some good matches, hard serves and I don't expect easy matches. David won title in Auckland in 2011 and 2012, so he will take this seriously for sure, Lemonf is a clown and I expect one comfortable match for Ferrer.

Re: January 7 - January 13 MONFILS IS 5.1 ON BETFAIR TO BEAT FERRER! HE HAS A 3-0 H2H !....:loon:loon:loon ok I will stop shouting now but unless the clownface is actually injured he is more than capable of winning this! If nothing else Ferrer is a massive lay at the prices, there is every chance of course that Ferrer will steamroller him here but as long as Monfils is even half interested here I reckon we have a match,btw lets not forget Ferrer is almost 31 yrs old, I know thats unbelievable but yes its true, I am pretty certain the wheels will come off this year there isnt a chance of him achieving all that he has done last yr. 10 pts Monfils plus 4.5 games @ 2.08. 2pts Monfils to win @ 5.1 prices on betfair.

Re: January 7 - January 13 Dominika Cibulkova to beat Agnieszka Radwanska WTA Sydney @3.4 Bet365(4/10) Tomorrows game between these two should be a cracker.The H2H sees a 4-0 lead for Radwanska but their last meeting was 5 years ago.This will be AR 9th match in the past 10 days so fatigue could creep in here.This will be a close match & it seems Cibulkova has her 'motivated head' on for this tournament & is playing outstanding well.This match in my opinion is 50/50 & no way Cibulkova should be 3.4 in the betting.4pts win Cibulkova

Re: January 7 - January 13 Matthias Bachinger vs Adrian Menendez-Maceiras over 21.5 games @1.90 Bet365(5/10) This 2nd round qualifiying meeting between these two should be a long drawn out affair. H2H sees a 2-1 lead for Bachinger but more importantly all the games have hit over 21.5 games with all 3 games being 25,22 & 24 games respectively.On the overs again tonight.5pts win. **And within the last 10 minutes,Bet365 have changed theirs odds to over 22.5 games at 1.83 :wall

Re: January 7 - January 13 ATP Auckland Open - Philipp Kohlschreiber to beat Sam Querrey @ 2.48 >Betfair I took this earlier, and although it's drifted slightly since, I'm happy with the price. I agree with CzechPunter - I don't think Kohlschreiber should be such an outsider in this match. He beat Querrey in similar conditions at the Australian Open four years ago, and whilst plenty of time has passed since then, I'm not convinced Querrey is necessarily a better player now than when they met in that match. Something else that drew me to this bet is Kohlschreiber's record in this tournament - he's won the title previously, and he always seems to go well here. ATP Sydney International - Julien Benneteau to beat Kevin Anderson @ 2.52 >Betfair This is a match where I just can't ignore the h2h - Benneteau has beaten Anderson on each of the three occasions they have met previously. They didn't play each other last season, and whilst Anderson is a much improved player in the last twelve months, the fact remains that he hasn't even been able to take a set off Benneteau before. In addition, Benneteau beat Harrison in the last round in straight sets, and Harrison is a big server just like Anderson. Benneteau has a lot of experience, and as he has done in the past, I think he will find a way to deal with Anderson. ATP Auckland Open - Gael Monfils to beat David Ferrer @ 5.20 >Betfair There are a few things that make me think this is worth a small stake. For one, Ferrer has never beaten Monfils in three attempts. I actually think that is a pretty telling stat, and I think the reason Ferrer finds it so difficult against Monfils is that he is so erratic. Ferrer is a very consistent player, and so must find it hard to get into a steady rhythm against players like Monfils. Secondly, even though I'm a big admirer of Ferrer, I think now is a good time to fade him as the Australian Open is just around the corner. Monfils fought hard to get past Haas in the last round, and I'll take him to do the same again here. WTA Hobart International - Elena Vesnina to beat Sloane Stephens @ 2.12 >Betfair I've been impressed by Vesnina so far this season. She had a good run last week in Auckland, falling to eventual champion Radwanska, and she's carried that form into this week. She beat Shvedova, who can be an awkward opponent, in the second round and then beat Gajdosova, who's been playing well, to reach this match against Stephens. They've never met before, but I think Vesnina has a good chance to win this match and progress to the final. As a successful doubles player, she knows her way around a court, and I think this is where she might have an advantage. Vesnina knows all the angles, and if she plays smart I feel her experience will be too much for Stephens.

Re: January 7 - January 13 Sloane Stephens @1.86 to beat Vesnina. on Betfair I like Stephens a lot, she had a storming year last year and is now deservedly inside the top 30. I reckon she is gonna be top 5 or higher within a few short years. Vesnina to my eyes is a journeywoman who never filled her potential, she beat a Shvedova who is just back from injury and other than that no one of any real quality, she has never won a singles title,something that Stephens could well do here in my opinion. Stephens has the Aura of a winner to me and that is something that Vesnina never had and although she has yet to fully prove it, I think this year will see her break new ground as long as she is fit and healthy. 5pts win Stephens @1.86 2 pts to win 2-0 @ 2.98

Re: January 7 - January 13 WTA Hobart International - Kirsten Flipkens to beat Mona Barthel @ 3.00 >Betfair I opposed Flipkens yesterday against Niculescu, and although she made a slow start, once she had got to grips with Niculescu's game she was an easy winner. She's had a good start to the season and has played Barthel once before, winning in two tight sets in Quebec last year. I think she has enough variety in her game to cause Barthel problems in this match, and if there is way for her to win I think she will find it. She went a set down to both Schiavone and Niculescu in previous rounds before coming back to win, so even if she were to lose the first set I think she would still be in this match. Admittedly, Barthel has been playing well in a tournament she seems to enjoy, but she can blow hot and cold and so I wouldn't want to back her against a determined player like Flipkens.

Re: January 7 - January 13 Flipkens v Barthel Over 21,5 games @ 2 Bet365 Barthel is favorite in this meeting. She has the best ranking, 39, whereas her opponent Flipkens is 54. Advantage Barthel Mona Barthel is on form with 6 wins and only 1 defeat in 2013.Kirsten Flipkens in on form too with 4 wins and 1 defeat this year. It could be interesting to notice that the 2 women lost their only match versus the same opponent, Yanina Wickmayer a top 20 player. Other than that, Barthel and Flipkens have the same kind of victories.They win easily versus the same kinds of opponents. Egality on this point. Barthel turned pro in 2009 while Flipkens turned pro in 2003. It means that Kirsten Flipkens is more experimented which is an advantage for her. Howewer they have the same kind of curve of progress since 2010. Flipkens is 26 and it took her more years to start her progression in the ranking than Barthel who is 22.Then egality on this point too. There was only one meeting between Barthel and Flipkens and it was in septembre 2012.Flipkens won after a very close match, 7/6 7/6. A little advantage for Flipkens. After my analyze I have no idea of who will win this match.I think that the 2 players are very close. Even if the odd is very interesting for the victory of Flipkens, I think that the most safe here is to bet on a close match. GL everyone!

Re: January 7 - January 13 ATP Australian Open Qualifying.......... Diego Sebastien Schwartzman to beat Amir Weintraub @ 13/8 BET 365 Strength (6/10) Think the young Argentinian will emulate his compatriots in the last major that was played - Guido Andreozzi and Guido Pella - by making the main draw on a surface they barely play on. Quite a decent batch of Argentinians are coming through and Schwartzman is one of them. Predominantly a clay courter but talented enough to play on hard and beat some decent players, and most importantly, has a pretty good temperament as well and can handle big moments. He won his first challenger in October, beating alot of good players, so he's been in good touch for a while now and will be hungry to make an impression at the start of 2013. Weintraub is a handy player on fast surfaces but struggles to sustain his level over the course of a match especially if it goes into a third, and while he could in theory be too powerful for the Argentinian, I think he'll bottle it like alot of players of his age and ranking do (Renavand, Gicquel) and Schwartzman will be too consistent and ballsy. Marco Chiudinelli to beat Rajeev Ram @ EVENS BET 365 Strength (6/10) Simply think the Swiss is the better player here, although his career has been in somewhat of a trough recently. He can reach greater heights than Ram, who nearly always falls at the last hurdle in qualifying and struggles to maintain the intensity needed for his serve and volley game to have a real affect. He's won two matches already so his level should drop here and Chiudinelli is just the more talented player who has more from the back of court and can take advantage of a vulnerable and hesitant Ram. :hope

Re: January 7 - January 13 Back Diego Sebastian Schwartzman to beat Amir Weintraub for a 2/10 stake at 2.55 with Pinnacle Agree with slider24 here, Schwartzman has the potential to become a top 100 player, Weintraub does not. The conditions are not that fast in all honesty, so serve should not play the deciding role and I would rate the Argentinian as the better player from the back of the court, so here we go with the nice price. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/schwartzman-vs-weintraub-betting-the-young-argentinian-can-prevail-in-the-qualifiers Back Adrian Menendez-Maceiras to beat Denys Molchanov for a 2/10 stake at 1.70 with Pinnacle Stayed from the Spaniard yesterday despite a small hunch, but backing him today after that nice performance against Bachinger. Molchanov is nothing spectacular in my opinion and his win over Gicquel looks like a bit of a fluke, so going with the player that I rate much more highly. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/menendez-maceiras-vs-molchanov-betting-adrian-menendez-maceiras-should-confirm-his-rise-with-a-win-today

Re: January 7 - January 13 Ryan Sweeting to beat Steve Johnson ATP Aussie Open Qualifying @2.28 Unibet(6/10) Steve Johnson has had two qualifying games from hell vs Kokkinakis 6-4 6-7 17-15 & De Schepper 7-6 7-6.Johnson must feel the after effects of them 2 epics & so fatigue will play apart.Sweeting imo is the better player of the two & should have enough to beat Johnson this morning.Sweeting also leads the H2H 2-0.6pts win Sweeting

Re: January 7 - January 13 I'm swerving the ATP final in Auckland, as Kohlschreiber's record against Ferrer is horrible. Even so, I wouldn't want to back Ferrer at the prices currently on offer. I do, however, see some value in the other two finals. WTA Hobart International - Elena Vesnina to beat Mona Barthel @ 2.22 >Betfair I took this earlier and the price has come in a little since, which is hopefully a good sign. I think Vesnina has a really good chance to finally win her first WTA Tour title. There is an argument that if she was going to win one she would have done so by now, but some players are late developers, and I would put Vesnina in that category. I also think she's a streaky player, which is reflected in her ranking, but so far this season she has been quite consistent and is playing well. She played Barthel at the end of last season in Beijing and won easily in straight sets, and whilst there's every chance it will be closer this time, I'm taking Vesnina to prevail. ATP Sydney International - Kevin Anderson to beat Bernard Tomic @ 2.40 >Betfair This price has also come in since I took it, and to be honest I can see why. I think it's very hard to separate these two in this match - they are level in the h2h, and I think you can make a case for either of them to take the title. On the one hand, Anderson is playing some of the best tennis of his career, has won titles before and is a consistent and hard-working player. On the other, Tomic is arguably more talented, has home advantage and has also started the season well. What sways me towards Anderson is Tomic's flamboyance and tendency to be inconsistent, and also the possibility of tie-breaks in this match. They can be a real lottery, and as I see Anderson as the safer pair of hands, I'm happy to be on him here.

Re: January 7 - January 13 2/10 Sweeting to beat Johnson @ 2.27 Pinnacle Johnson not in great form this year, 2 long matches the last days. Sweeting are not a great last year, but he is a talented player when he have his form. Playing well on hardcourt and i think he can win tonight. Both players know eachoters quality and i think Sweeting will make the points after a good service.

Re: January 7 - January 13 I think its a bit risky betting against Amir Weintraub here. I remember late last year he won two davis cup matches for Israel v Japan. He beat Ito and Soeda 3-0 and 3-1. Both those players were ranked in the top 70 at the time. I also reckon this match may be just one too many on this surface for Schawartzman who obviously prefers the clay.