Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** October Competition Winners: Well done to Roland Cooper (NAPS), BillyHills (KO Cup), Theodore007 (Football Tipster Competition), Bagzi (Last Man Standing Comp) & Demios (Poker) ***
Sign in to follow this  
CzechPunter

January 7 - January 13

Re: January 7 - January 13

WTA Hobart International - Chanelle Scheepers to beat Mona Barthel @ 3.05 >Betfair I thought Barthel might struggle last night against Barty after going deep last week in Auckland, and although she won comfortably in the end, I'm in no hurry to back her here against a player she has a losing record against. I think it's possible that fatigue might be creeping into her game, and Scheepers is the kind of player capable of taking advantage. She had a good finish to last season, and beat Cornet easily in her first match here. She has improved her game in the last couple of years, and seems to be quite consistent and hard-working. I think she stands a good chance of adding to the two wins she already has over Barthel, especially as it's possible Barthel might want some rest before the Australian Open.
Sigh at randomly adding Barthel to my acca, All won besides this match. You have not filled my with confidence.

Re: January 7 - January 13 Hello all. Making a reappearance in the tennis threads as of now. A bit like Roger Federer, I'm getting old and am prone to skipping the odd event ... Over 22.5 games between Xavier Malisse and Santiago Giraldo - Single: 2.00, unibet, 1pt This match smelt of overs before I even checked the H2H, but now that I've had a peek at their previous meetings, I really like that line. They played twice on a hard court in 2010 and each man got a win, and each match went to three sets. Not a lot has changed since then. Both can serve and hit big, but both can also go missing for spells in matches. Giraldo absolutely thumped Go Soeda in R1; Malisse had it a bit trickier against Martin Klizan. It has all the ingredients of close match - two evenly matches players at the start of the season - and with those things considered, I'll play the overs line. Kevin Anderson to beat Feliciano Lopez John Isner to beat Ryan Harrison - Double: 2.30, unibet, 1pt You could call this a double of the big servers. I like Anderson from a gambling perspective. He's an honest player, one who gives 100% in every match. He's a man with limits, but he maximises his weapons well. He's beaten Lopez the two times they met previously and I think he'll win again. He's more consistent, plays the clutch points better and with the potential of tie-breaks, that's important in the context of the match. Isner will probably be less straightforward. He's actually a man I have down for regression this year, which makes it a bit odd that I've plumped for him. It's more about his opponent than anything else though. I find Harrison a bit wooden; he has a big forehand, but he's not the most intelligent on court and mentally, he's suspect. He's lost both times to Isner before and I expect Isner's big-serving game to wear him down.

Re: January 7 - January 13 2/10 Tomic to beat Mayer @ 1.77 Unibet Tomic is playing great so far. And i think he will continue his rund after the Hopman Cup now in Sydney. Probably he like to play here in his own country. Mayer is struggling the last months, don't playing good. And i think, he must play very good if he will a chance here. 2.5/10 Bellucci to beat Lacko @ 1.80 Pinnacle Had a lean on Bellucci in the first round. But don't play. Like how he play this match, good gameplay. Lacko is struggling, but playing well against Lorenzi last night. But on this niveau, he don't beat Bellucci here, he must play better.

Re: January 7 - January 13 Back Greg Jones to beat Gael Monfils for a 1/10 stake at 5.04 with Pinnacle Back Greg Jones (+1.5 sets) to beat Gael Monfils for a 2/10 stake at 2.33 with Pinnacle Yesterday was a good day with Fognini getting us into profit by beating Dimitrov and I am going to go with three more underdogs today. Monfils did beat Becker yesterday, but I am still a bit skeptical about his qualities right now and the motivated Australian Greg Jones might have a shot at beating him with his big serve and solid groundies. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/jones-vs-monfils-betting-the-local-hero-might-have-something-to-say-in-the-battle-against-gael-monfils Back John Millman to beat Andreas Seppi for a 1/10 stake at 3.25 with Bet365 Back John Millman (+1.5 sets) to beat Andreas Seppi for a 2/10 stake at 2.00 with Paddy Power And the very same applies when it comes to John Millman as well. He was great last week, pushing Murray all the way and he also defeated Tommy Robredo yesterday quite easily, so the signs of him doing well are certainly there. Meanwhile, Seppi has 0-3 so far this season and is not playing well at all. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/millman-vs-seppi-betting-the-australian-youngster-has-what-it-takes-to-defeat-andreas-seppi Back Svetlana Kuznetsova to beat Angelique Kerber for a 1/10 stake at 2.97 with Pinnacle Back Svetlana Kuznetsova (+1.5 sets) to beat Angelique Kerber for a 2/10 stake at 1.78 with Pinnacle And a slice of WTA for me as well today. Kuznetsova has managed to come back from the loss against Bertens by beating Goerges and Wozniacki this week, so fancy her to get yet another nice win. Kerber has not been hitting the ball cleanly in recent times, so not keen on backing her right now (she was very poor last week in all honesty). Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kuznetsova-vs-kerber-betting-svetlana-kuznetsova-to-continue-her-comeback-with-another-victory

Re: January 7 - January 13 CzechPunter, first of all, well done every time! I was looking also for some underdogs and I think Nieminen and Istomin have a good chance of winning their matches or covering the handicap, what do you think of these matches? And why do you prefer the set handicap over the game handicap?

Re: January 7 - January 13 WTA Sydney International - Roberta Vinci to beat Agnieszka Radwanska @ 4.00 >Betfair I think now might be a good time to go against Radwanska. She's had plenty of game time ahead of the Australian Open, winning the title in Auckland last week and beating Date-Krumm in her first match in this tournament. She has said that her goals this season are to win a Grand Slam and to get to the top of the WTA rankings, and I'm sure she will be happy with her form going into next week even if she doesn't win this match against Vinci. Something else to consider is the h2h - although it's in Radwanska's favour, it's deceptive as most of the matches were on clay. On hard courts, both players have won one match each, with Vinci winning the last time they met at the US Open last year. I watched that match, and Radwanska was soundly beaten, so I see no reason why Vinci can't beat Radwanska again this time out.

CzechPunter, first of all, well done every time! I was looking also for some underdogs and I think Nieminen and Istomin have a good chance of winning their matches or covering the handicap, what do you think of these matches? And why do you prefer the set handicap over the game handicap?
1) No idea about Nieminen. I agree with Istomin looking value at 2.20+, but I am on the outright already, so I do not want to back him again. 2) It depends on the match, these three look better from the set handicap perspective imo. Monfils often throws sets away and then comes back strongly, he is just that kind of guy. Seppi can get into some form of dominance if he is on and the line is just 3.5 games, which might easily get covered by him even if he loses a set (more likely than the other way around here I would say). And Kerber is the same as Monfils, when she is not hitting the soft spots she can lose sets out of nowhere and then come back strongly.

Re: January 7 - January 13 WTA Sydney International - Dominika Cibulkova to beat Sara Errani @ 3.00 >Betfair Errani is another player who might have one eye on the Australian Open, and if she's not fully focussed she could run into trouble against Cibulkova. They've met plenty of times in the past, and Cibulkova holds the upper hand in the h2h. I think the reason for this is that Errani struggles to deal with Cibulkova's powerful game - when she's in good form she can be a match for anyone. She sometimes struggles to be consistent, but she's done well at this tournament in the past, and I like her chances of continuing this week.

Re: January 7 - January 13 2/10 Giraldo to beat Malisse @ 1.74 SBO l like Giraldo in this stadium of this tournament. Malisse is overrated and over the top. And i think he must grow in the season and is not on his best here this weeks. Little stake on Giraldo here.

Re: January 7 - January 13 4/10 James Blake to beat Copil @ 1.55 Nordicbet We all know that Blake is a good player on hardcourt. In the previous years we saw that Copil is struggling on this service. Also, Blake is not a youngster but i think with his quality he must win here.

Re: January 7 - January 13 Lacko to beat Bellucci @ 2.12 Betfair Lacko is currently 48th player on ATP list. On hard court he has record of 106 wins and 68 losses. On the other hand, Bellucci is 32nd player on the ATP list. He has record of 59 wins and 60 losses playing on hard court. I checked the odds and there is something fishy. When I see early mentioned stats, it is pretty clear that Lacko should be favorite in this match. He hass better score on hard courts and if we check his results in past weeks it is clear that his form is very good.Bellucci is better ranked player than Lacko but that isn´t important for me. According to head to head stats, Lacko and Belluci played only once. That was in 2012 in New Haven. Lacko was better, he won 2-1 in sets. My final thought, Lacko is, at the moment, better player and if he continues with his good form he will win in this match.

Re: January 7 - January 13 WTA Sydney International - Svetlana Kuznetsova to beat Angelique Kerber @ 3.00 Betfair Kuznetsova made a slow start to the season, losing to Bertens in Auckland when she probably thought that she would get a win. She came through qualifying to get into the main draw here, and has been getting better with each match. I agree with CzechPunter in that I think she can continue this burst of good form, and she faces an opponent in Kerber who she beat in their only previous meeting. Kerber doesn't seem to have got into any sort of rhythm so far this season, and that doesn't bode well for her against a player in Kuznetsova who appears to have some momentum behind her and who has had success in this tournament previously.

Re: January 7 - January 13 I'm heading to the Apia Tournament tonight and watching Li v Keys. I haven't seen Keys play yet, is she got anything to trouble Li? I'm looking at Keys +4.5 @ 1.83 with Bet365.

Re: January 7 - January 13 1/10 Kohlschreiber to win ATP Auckland @ 7.00 William Hill Only Ferrer can beat this Kohlschreiber in the final i quess, but i like this odds. I think Kohlschreiber have more chance than the bookies will say here. Next round against Malisse and than probably Querrey in the semi's.

Re: January 7 - January 13 2/10 Benneteau to beat Harrison @ 1.94 Pinnacle I like the Frenchmen here. Playing well, had a easily match last night. Also he was not in best form the last months, but Harrison is a overrated player in my eyes. Okay, he beat Isner last night, but Isner was nog 100% fit.

Lacko to beat Bellucci @ 2.12 Betfair Lacko is currently 48th player on ATP list. On hard court he has record of 106 wins and 68 losses. On the other hand, Bellucci is 32nd player on the ATP list. He has record of 59 wins and 60 losses playing on hard court. I checked the odds and there is something fishy. When I see early mentioned stats, it is pretty clear that Lacko should be favorite in this match. He hass better score on hard courts and if we check his results in past weeks it is clear that his form is very good.Bellucci is better ranked player than Lacko but that isn´t important for me. According to head to head stats, Lacko and Belluci played only once. That was in 2012 in New Haven. Lacko was better, he won 2-1 in sets. My final thought, Lacko is, at the moment, better player and if he continues with his good form he will win in this match.
:cigar

2/10 Benneteau to beat Harrison @ 1.94 Pinnacle I like the Frenchmen here. Playing well, had a easily match last night. Also he was not in best form the last months, but Harrison is a overrated player in my eyes. Okay, he beat Isner last night, but Isner was nog 100% fit.
I do not think benneteau played tonight with Stepanek. Stepanek retired. Am I right?

Re: January 7 - January 13 Julien Benneteau vs Ryan Harrison. Over 22.5 games. 1.85 @ Pinnacle Hard to pick a clear winner in this match. I would definitely have Julien Benneteau as the favourite in this match. However he hasn´t shown anything this year as well as the end of the season. The same goes for the American Ryan Harrison. While the Frenchman had lost to Nieminen and dropped a set against Andujar, the match against Stepanek was a good opportunity for him to gain some momentum and rhythm in preparation for the Aussie open. Unfortunately for him Stepanek withdrew with an injury. A similar situation occurred for Ryan Harrison. Lost to Robredo, good win over Kavcic, walkover against Bautista and a win over Isner. The tall American wasn't a shadow of himself due to a knee injury he also carried during the Hopman Cup. However Harrison did play well against Isner and deserves more credits for the win than the fact that Isner was injured. Both players aren't very big servers, but are definitely talented and able enough to keep their fair share of games being on a surface they both like. Benneteau will look to push Harrison around the court, but definitely considering the form the Frenchman is in, Harrison has enough court coverage to keep himself in the game and push Benneteau to the limit. Forcing Benneteau to keep making shots and that will lead to a decent amount of unforced errors by the, at times, erratic Frenchman. Love the over here.

Re: January 7 - January 13 Xavier Malisse vs Philipp Kohlschreiber. Over 22.5 games. 1.96 @ Pinnacle. I really like Malisse in this match-up. I was contemplating taking the outright or the handicap. But I don't think it's value taking the Belgian at these odds on the Money Line. And the over has more value than the low odds on +3.5. In the end I think Kohlschreiber will scrap out the win. But the over looks good. Kohlschreiber has had a hard time finding form en route to the Aussie Open. I didn't think he was that bad against Monfils but he played even more erratic than the Frenchman who is famous for his inconsistency, resulting in a loss. After that he also struggled against Falla, an opponent he should be able to easily dismantle if he's in a normal form. Malisse is all about his mental state of mind. When he's feeling good, you can see it on the court. But he's easily distracted and is often fighting against himself. This is why he hasn't reached his full potential during his career. At the moment however, Malisse is on a nice run beating both Klizan and Giraldo, two players around or above his level. Having checked out the players form, the match-up also appeals to me when taking the overs. Both players quite like this surface and are well able to hold serve, Malisse in my eyes having the better serve in this match up. Kohlschreiber will look to play crafty, work the angles and more or less grind the win out. However I expect Malisse to be the aggressor in the match with punchy groundstrokes. This match will be decided on who makes the least unforced errors. I think Malisse can continue his good form and perhaps nick a set of Kohlschreiber. But I do expect the German to prevail in the end. Overs all the way!

Yes' date=' he retired before the match with back problems. Apparently, he might not be ready for the Australian Open.[/quote'] Actually, it was not BEFORE the match. Step retired during 1st game. Julien cashed at one ball bookies.