** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

January 7 - January 13

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: January 7 - January 13 Back Daniela Hantuchova to win WTA Sydney for a 1/10 stake at 41.00 with Stan James Three long shots for me once again, last week two went pretty far, but no luck in the end. Daniela Hantuchova has a tough draw, but most of her opponents will be tired from last week and I think that the surface in Sydney is going to suit her game, so she might be able to go far this time around. She has enough experience to beat anyone and this might be the ideal time in all honesty. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wta-sydney-betting-daniela-hantuchova-might-have-a-chance-in-sydney-this-week Back Olivier Rochus to win ATP Auckland for a 0.5/10 stake at 126.00 with Bet365 One of the biggest underdogs I have ever taken, but Rochus did finish second here last year and might feel rejuvenated by the conditions in Auckland. For what it is worth, he also has a fairly soft draw with nobody being much of a threat until the fourth round. Worth a small punt in my opinion. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-auckland-betting-olivier-rochus-looks-an-outstanding-price-to-triumph-in-auckland Back Denis Istomin to win ATP Sydney for a 1/10 stake at 26.00 with Ladbrokes I liked Denis Istomin last week and he was very unfortunate to not win this tournament last year, so I can see him wanting some revenge for that in 2013. A soft enough draw as well, as I do not rate Verdasco highly at the moment, not even after the triumph in the Hopman Cup. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-sydney-betting-denis-istomin-can-build-on-his-last-week-s-performance-in-sydney

Re: January 7 - January 13 They weren't the worst picks at all last week CzechPunter,Especially if you like a trade.:D Rochus is 151 on Boyle's right now.For Sydney I'm going to have a try with Marcel Granollers @51. He hasn't really got any record here but I like the look of his H-2-H's on hard against players he could meet further in,Such as Seppi and Simon.I'm only getting started with these kind of outright's so no doubt he'll probably be a disaster this week.His 1st round game is vs a guy who beat him here last year in the 1st round so hopefully that'll will push him on in the early stages at least.

Re: January 7 - January 13

Back Denis Istomin to win ATP Sydney for a 1/10 stake at 26.00 with Ladbrokes I liked Denis Istomin last week and he was very unfortunate to not win this tournament last year, so I can see him wanting some revenge for that in 2013. A soft enough draw as well, as I do not rate Verdasco highly at the moment, not even after the triumph in the Hopman Cup. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-sydney-betting-denis-istomin-can-build-on-his-last-week-s-performance-in-sydney
Out of the three outrights really like this bet. Got to the final 12 months ago in this very same tournament & started the season in decent form with good wins over Klizan & Hewitt.Also gave Murray a decent run for his money a few days back losing in 2 tight sets.2pts E/W with Ladbrokes.

Re: January 7 - January 13 Brian Baker to beat Jerzy Janowicz ATP Auckland at 2.62 Bet365(5/10) JJ ended 2012 in impressive form on the indoor courts beating the likes of Kohlschreiber,Cilic,Murray,Tipsarevic & Simon in the Paris Masters.However this game on the hard courts I favour Baker.Janowicz last season has been beaten by Matosevic,Gulbis & Novikov(ranked 555).Baker's 2012 hard court record has some decent wins over Kohlschreiber & Zemlja & recently lost to Dimitrov 3-6 6-7 which is no embarrassment seeing the form he was on in ATP Brisbane.Baker 5pts win.

Re: January 7 - January 13 Back Brian Baker to beat Jerzy Janowicz for a 2/10 stake at 2.62 with Paddy Power This looks like a good price to me, although I am going to stay with relatively low stakes. The thing is, Janowicz is quite new to the whole Australian thing, so there might be plenty of problems for him on the cards and he will be up against a solid guy that knows what he is doing. Janowicz is still very much an unknown quantity (he was actually still playing on the Futures circuit 12 months ago), so I would not make him such a big favourite in this clash. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/baker-vs-janowicz-betting-brian-baker-to-defeat-the-jerzy-janowicz-in-auckland

Re: January 7 - January 13 WTA Sydney International - Casey Dellacqua to beat Kimiko Date-Krumm @ 2.52 >Betfair I'm not too sure why Date-Krumm is favourite for this, as she was poor last week in Shenzhen. She was beaten in straight sets in the first round by a player ranked just inside the top 200, and was really struggling to hold her serve. Although she has come through qualifying here and so is used to conditions and has built up some form, I think this might be cancelled out by the fact that Dellacqua has home advantage. In addition, Dellacqua leads the h2h and beat Date-Krumm the last time they met in Osaka towards the end of last season. She's not been seen since that tournament, so that might also explain the odds, but at the same time she should be fresh and motivated to make a good start to her season. Wrong favourite for me, so I'm getting involved.

Re: January 7 - January 13 2.5/10 Granollers to beat Ebden @ 1.70 Pinnacle Good price for me here. I think when Granollers will play on his niveau, he must win here. Ebden, good player.. But in my eyes he only plays good during the season. I will also play Baker @ 2.65 (2/10)

Re: January 7 - January 13 Have to add my support to the Brian Baker pick. Think Janowicz is being very overrated based on his run in Paris. Other than that, one outright pick for me this week: Kevin Anderson to win ATP Sydney. 12/1 @ Betfred I was impressed with how Kevin Anderson was serving in the Hopman Cup. In his three matches against Verdasco, Isner and Tsonga, he was not broken once. Admittedly, they are not the greatest returners, but he found some form at the end of last year and seems to be carrying it forward into 2013. His likely route is Bedene-Lopez-Verdasco-Isner to reach the final. He beat the latter two last week and I can't see Bedene or Lopez troubling him too much. If he serves well, it will take a big effort for anyone to stop him and I'll happily take him at these odds...

Re: January 7 - January 13 Flipkens to beat Schiavone 1.46 @ Betfair Flipkens was one of the most improved players on the WTA circuit. She is very consistent, good at the net and she cuts a lot of balls wich breaks the rythm of her oponnents. Schiavone is one of the worst top50 players I have ever seen. She won Roland Garros 2 or 3 years ago but that's all. Her style of play just allow her to win in clay. She even lost last week to a player out of the top 100 by huge numbers so, Flipkens to win is my bet here. the world number 54 to beat the world number 35 with autority

Back Brian Baker to beat Jerzy Janowicz for a 2/10 stake at 2.62 with Paddy Power This looks like a good price to me, although I am going to stay with relatively low stakes. The thing is, Janowicz is quite new to the whole Australian thing, so there might be plenty of problems for him on the cards and he will be up against a solid guy that knows what he is doing. Janowicz is still very much an unknown quantity (he was actually still playing on the Futures circuit 12 months ago), so I would not make him such a big favourite in this clash. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/baker-vs-janowicz-betting-brian-baker-to-defeat-the-jerzy-janowicz-in-auckland
gotta say czech you are a very good judge well played sir and thx

2.5/10 Granollers to beat Ebden @ 1.70 Pinnacle Good price for me here. I think when Granollers will play on his niveau, he must win here. Ebden, good player.. But in my eyes he only plays good during the season. I will also play Baker @ 2.65 (2/10)
Both won, very solid. Had also a lean on Bellucci, but not played that.

Re: January 7 - January 13 Robin Haase vs Igor Sijsling. Over 22.5 games 1.99 @ Pinnacle This line at these odds are an absolute joke. To be honest I also see value in the Haase win, but Haase hasn't shown any form whatsoever, and is very erratic to say the least. Haase hasn't won any significant match in ages, while Sijsling has shown improvement in his game towards the end of the season. Comparing playing styles, I would have to say Haase is the better allround player, accompanied with a good serve and forehand. Sijsling excels in the latter two departments aswell, but leans more on those qualities than Haase does. These two players know each other well, being fellow countrymen and Davis Cup colleagues. I expect this match to have lots of easy serve holds. And perhaps Haase as a winner. That pick is quite uncertain, but the over looks like a keeper.

Re: January 7 - January 13 ATP Auckland: Paolo Lorenzi to beat Lukas Lacko @ 13/8 BET 365 Strength (6/10) I think Lorenzi stands good chance here. The perception of him as clay courter is an accurate one but he's proven that he can play very well on hard courts against players of Lacko's quality and it's only when he plays the real top dogs that he gets exposed on the surface. What should play heavily into Lorenzi's hands here is the weather in Auckland. The conditions are very windy and blustery and of the two players Lorenzi for me is the more pragmatic, and will adapt his grinding game accordingly. Lacko prefers more sterile conditions - hence his good indoor record - and if the wind continues (which it is forecasted to) then I think he'll struggle. He also may mentally check out with it being a week before the Aussie Open. :hope

Re: January 7 - January 13 Lacko to beat (-3.5 games) Lorenzi. 2.12 @ Pinnacle I would be happy to take this spread at these odds anytime. Lacko isn't the best player on the tour, but he isn't strange to the hardcourt. He played quite decent at Doha, losing to champ Richard Gasquet. He did however have two decent wins over Garcia Lopez and Troicki. On the other side of the net we have Paolo Lorenzi, I have no clue how this guy beat both Rosol and Ramos, as I rate them both to be better hardcourt players. Both Lacko and Lorenzi, have some kind of form to show for, even if it's early in the season. But to me the Italian is quite terrible on this surface having an 8/18 Win/Loss record on ATP level while Lacko has a 34/41 record. Lacko is just the better and more experienced player on this surface, and I expect him to win this with a break each set.

Why are the odds so high for Bautista-Agut. He was runner up last week and now he plays against Harrison. Odd for Bautista-Agut is 3' date=50, but I can't explain why? Thanks for the comments.
First of all, he might be quite tired after such a long week in India. And, secondly, he needed medical treatment in the final (lower abdomen apparently) - and yes, he was indeed having problems with it, as he was serving quite poorly after that medical break.

Re: January 7 - January 13 Back Fabio Fognini to beat Grigor Dimitrov for a 2/10 stake at 3.92 with Pinnacle Three underdogs for me today. First of all, I am more than happy to go against Dimitrov in the very first round, as I think that his last week's performances have taken a lot out of him both physically and mentally. With the Australian Open just around the corner, some rest should be on the cards for him, so I do not see him getting that far in Sydney. And the first round might therefore easily also be his last. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/fognini-vs-dimitrov-betting-grigor-dimitrov-might-be-quite-vulnerable-in-the-first-round Back Guillermo Garcia-Lopez to beat Radek Stepanek for a 2/10 stake at 2.50 with Bet365 Stepanek has yet to play a match this season, as he had some health issues last week. Those might be a thing of the past already, but the Spaniard knows the conditions well (he won three matches 2-0 here already) and can trouble even some of the world's top players, so this price looks good enough for me to play. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/garcia-lopez-vs-stepanek-betting-radek-stepanek-to-struggle-in-his-first-match-of-the-season Back Marinko Matosevic to beat Bernard Tomic for a 1/10 stake at 3.74 with Pinnacle Back Marinko Matosevic (+1.5 sets) to beat Bernard Tomic for a 1/10 stake at 2.01 with Pinnacle This will be a tough match for Tomic I would say, as he will need to adapt to a completely different style of tennis against the big hitter and that might be a problem. The fact that he was impressive in the Hopman Cup does not mean that he is just going to start crushing everyone these days and Matosevic has enough in his locker to put him under pressure today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/matosevic-vs-tomic-betting-marinko-matosevic-looks-value-against-his-talented-compatriot

Re: January 7 - January 13 Another outsider to add to the list of bets tonight: Benjamin Becker to beat Gael Monfils ATP Auckland @2.50 Bet365(6/10) H2H reads a convincing 3-0 lead for Monfils with the last two games,very close 2 & 3 setters.This will be only GM 12th match in the past 7 months & seeing Australian Open is next week,I can't see Monfils pushing it tonight. His last defeat vs Brands 6-1 7-5,Monfils admitted that he felt tired after the match.Becker has proven so far that he's taking this tournament seriously in winning his 3 qualifying games in straight sets.Playing well,especially in the last 6 months in 2012.Tough game for Monfils & can only see the German winning this tonight.6pts win

Re: January 7 - January 13 Jesse Levine vs Daniel King-Turner ATP Auckland over 19.5 games @1.93 Pinnacle(5/10) I think the line for the overs is couple of points too low.Levine has flown out the traps in the new season with 6 out of 7 wins on the hard courts.With a couple of decent wins vs Muller & S.Johnson.King-Turner is a better player than his 376 seed ranking.Has a poor record at Auckland,but can see him winning 8 games minimum, to clear the overs.5pts win

Re: January 7 - January 13 Very unlucky, had a lean on Giraldo but don't bet. For this night, two other picks: 2.5/10 Monfils -2 games to beat Becker @ 1.80 Pinnaclec Yes, Monfils is on his way back and Becker playing well last week. But i think that the Frenchmen is preparing the form for next week. And when he play like last week, i give him a good chance to cover this line. History matches said me nothing in this fact, a lot of times Monfils is struggling with himself. Another pick is 1/10 Paire to beat Lu @ 2.60 Unibet. I will give it a chance. We know about Paire last week, but overall he is a better player. We will see, good odds.

Re: January 7 - January 13 WTA Hobart International - Lauren Davis to beat Sorana Cirstea @ 2.48 >Betfair Lauren Davis came through qualifying and also an awkward first round match against home player Bobusic, and she also finished last season strongly. She looks to be a promising young player, and might be one to watch during the next year. Sorana Cirstea, on the other hand, looks to be opposable at the moment. She didn't have a great end to last season, she retired in her first match of this season, and then struggled past Bratchikova in the first round here. I have to question Cirstea's form and fitness right now, and although there is a suggestion that Davis may also be carrying some sort of injury, I think this will be a tight match and that she might just sneak the win.

Re: January 7 - January 13 WTA Hobart International - Chanelle Scheepers to beat Mona Barthel @ 3.05 >Betfair I thought Barthel might struggle last night against Barty after going deep last week in Auckland, and although she won comfortably in the end, I'm in no hurry to back her here against a player she has a losing record against. I think it's possible that fatigue might be creeping into her game, and Scheepers is the kind of player capable of taking advantage. She had a good finish to last season, and beat Cornet easily in her first match here. She has improved her game in the last couple of years, and seems to be quite consistent and hard-working. I think she stands a good chance of adding to the two wins she already has over Barthel, especially as it's possible Barthel might want some rest before the Australian Open.

WTA Hobart International - Chanelle Scheepers to beat Mona Barthel @ 3.05 >Betfair I thought Barthel might struggle last night against Barty after going deep last week in Auckland, and although she won comfortably in the end, I'm in no hurry to back her here against a player she has a losing record against. I think it's possible that fatigue might be creeping into her game, and Scheepers is the kind of player capable of taking advantage. She had a good finish to last season, and beat Cornet easily in her first match here. She has improved her game in the last couple of years, and seems to be quite consistent and hard-working. I think she stands a good chance of adding to the two wins she already has over Barthel, especially as it's possible Barthel might want some rest before the Australian Open.
Sigh at randomly adding Barthel to my acca, All won besides this match. You have not filled my with confidence.

Re: January 7 - January 13 Hello all. Making a reappearance in the tennis threads as of now. A bit like Roger Federer, I'm getting old and am prone to skipping the odd event ... Over 22.5 games between Xavier Malisse and Santiago Giraldo - Single: 2.00, unibet, 1pt This match smelt of overs before I even checked the H2H, but now that I've had a peek at their previous meetings, I really like that line. They played twice on a hard court in 2010 and each man got a win, and each match went to three sets. Not a lot has changed since then. Both can serve and hit big, but both can also go missing for spells in matches. Giraldo absolutely thumped Go Soeda in R1; Malisse had it a bit trickier against Martin Klizan. It has all the ingredients of close match - two evenly matches players at the start of the season - and with those things considered, I'll play the overs line. Kevin Anderson to beat Feliciano Lopez John Isner to beat Ryan Harrison - Double: 2.30, unibet, 1pt You could call this a double of the big servers. I like Anderson from a gambling perspective. He's an honest player, one who gives 100% in every match. He's a man with limits, but he maximises his weapons well. He's beaten Lopez the two times they met previously and I think he'll win again. He's more consistent, plays the clutch points better and with the potential of tie-breaks, that's important in the context of the match. Isner will probably be less straightforward. He's actually a man I have down for regression this year, which makes it a bit odd that I've plumped for him. It's more about his opponent than anything else though. I find Harrison a bit wooden; he has a big forehand, but he's not the most intelligent on court and mentally, he's suspect. He's lost both times to Isner before and I expect Isner's big-serving game to wear him down.

Re: January 7 - January 13 2/10 Tomic to beat Mayer @ 1.77 Unibet Tomic is playing great so far. And i think he will continue his rund after the Hopman Cup now in Sydney. Probably he like to play here in his own country. Mayer is struggling the last months, don't playing good. And i think, he must play very good if he will a chance here. 2.5/10 Bellucci to beat Lacko @ 1.80 Pinnacle Had a lean on Bellucci in the first round. But don't play. Like how he play this match, good gameplay. Lacko is struggling, but playing well against Lorenzi last night. But on this niveau, he don't beat Bellucci here, he must play better.

Re: January 7 - January 13 Back Greg Jones to beat Gael Monfils for a 1/10 stake at 5.04 with Pinnacle Back Greg Jones (+1.5 sets) to beat Gael Monfils for a 2/10 stake at 2.33 with Pinnacle Yesterday was a good day with Fognini getting us into profit by beating Dimitrov and I am going to go with three more underdogs today. Monfils did beat Becker yesterday, but I am still a bit skeptical about his qualities right now and the motivated Australian Greg Jones might have a shot at beating him with his big serve and solid groundies. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/jones-vs-monfils-betting-the-local-hero-might-have-something-to-say-in-the-battle-against-gael-monfils Back John Millman to beat Andreas Seppi for a 1/10 stake at 3.25 with Bet365 Back John Millman (+1.5 sets) to beat Andreas Seppi for a 2/10 stake at 2.00 with Paddy Power And the very same applies when it comes to John Millman as well. He was great last week, pushing Murray all the way and he also defeated Tommy Robredo yesterday quite easily, so the signs of him doing well are certainly there. Meanwhile, Seppi has 0-3 so far this season and is not playing well at all. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/millman-vs-seppi-betting-the-australian-youngster-has-what-it-takes-to-defeat-andreas-seppi Back Svetlana Kuznetsova to beat Angelique Kerber for a 1/10 stake at 2.97 with Pinnacle Back Svetlana Kuznetsova (+1.5 sets) to beat Angelique Kerber for a 2/10 stake at 1.78 with Pinnacle And a slice of WTA for me as well today. Kuznetsova has managed to come back from the loss against Bertens by beating Goerges and Wozniacki this week, so fancy her to get yet another nice win. Kerber has not been hitting the ball cleanly in recent times, so not keen on backing her right now (she was very poor last week in all honesty). Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kuznetsova-vs-kerber-betting-svetlana-kuznetsova-to-continue-her-comeback-with-another-victory