** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Midweek > Non-league Jan 8-9

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Jan 8-9

Who said that teams from the bottom of the table use to give Luton hard time..
Have a look at some of their results and you will see why that was said. Also given Barrow only have two subs and a goal was scored after just over a minute that changes the game as I said when backing the -2 handicap. Usually Luton offer very little value though.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Jan 8-9 Hereford have been all over Telford and could easily have got a 2nd and then Telford go and score in injury. At least I was able to lay some of my bet off, but another 90th minute goal goes against me!

Luton have indeed had some problems with lower sides...Luton at home against sides of 4.0 or better are 6-2-3 this season. Barrow's record away as a side of 4.0 or better: 4-0-4, but that includes 0-3 when the odds were above 6.0, with final scores of 0-2, 0-3 and 0-3. The real story today is Hereford-Telford. Hereford are 2-0-1 at home against sides of better than 4.0. Telford, meanwhile, are this season's giant killers: 3-3-1 away as underdogs of better than 4.0. Telford lost 1-4 at Wrexham, but beat Luton 1-0 as a better than 9.0 underdog, beat Dartford @ 5.29 and drew 3-3 at Cambridge. [Last season Telford as large dogs away went 1-5-3.] My numbers for the previous three seasons had shown unequivocally that draws are the money play in this division in many circumstances involving large underdogs, but this season the weekday matches have just killed me. The underdogs who I have taken to draw have won games outright at an amazing clip: 14-5-29 in total (although not all the games would be automatic plays). The best draw on my stats of the three games would be Alfreton (home underdog)...next best would be Telford...Barrow would not be a play as it's over 6.0.
Perhaps the Telford draw was lucky...I'll take it...but perhaps also the Alfreton draw could have happened. Haven't seen the stats there. I was feeling more confident of that one than Telford after Wrexham got the red card, but it's typical that the one you most expect doesn't come in, while the one you least expect does.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Jan 8-9 Alfreton had chances to score a 2nd but didnt, whereas Hereford sat back after a while and paid the punishment for not scoring a 2nd when they had chances to. I also laid a little out of my Alfreton bet as they went quite short when Wrexham went down to 10 so it wasnt the complete disaster it could have been, but still a poor night.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Jan 8-9 Small profit on Braintree/Macc tonight - all 0.05 times my stake. Not claiming it but anyone who bought Southport/Lincoln goals and sold the time of the 2nd and 3rd Port goals will just be unwrapping a fine cigar. Excellent calls by MPLouis on Bath tonight, Bromsgrove Green with a great double and allthethings on Telford draw.

Great... What happened with Lincoln's long injury list...I hope for a HW...
Apologies, I posted hurriedly and probably didn't join the dots. All the expected absentees failed to show for Lincoln; my surprise was at how attacking the Lincoln side was and they did give it a good go tonight, but I'm guessing that played right into Southport's hands. I'm still not sure how many Lincoln players started with the effects of the sickness bug but Taylor had to come off because of it just after HT. Given the way Southport started it is to Lincoln's credit that they did so well towards the end of the match, but the damage was already done by then.

Small profit on Braintree/Macc tonight - all 0.05 times my stake. Not claiming it but anyone who bought Southport/Lincoln goals and sold the time of the 2nd and 3rd Port goals will just be unwrapping a fine cigar. Excellent calls by MPLouis on Bath tonight, Bromsgrove Green with a great double and allthethings on Telford draw.
Thanks to you Ships, I took the Macc game total goals for some added profit...I'd already taken the Southport game at 2.75 goals...though I laid off Southport HW...liked that odds had risen to 2.29, but as my total goals bet was based on how many goals the home side concede, I thought it best to live and die just with the overs.

I'd be tempted to say Barrow look good value at 8.5. From what I've heard they've been playing quite well, and Luton's odds may be too short due to the hype following their FA Cup win over Wolves. The gap between odds of 1.4 for Luton and 8.5 for Barrow just seems far too big. The Barrow chairman also says the transfer embargo is going to be lifted http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20930798 Barrow +1.25 AH 1.97 188Bet
Result: Luton 6 Barrow 1 Hatters go goal crazy Bet lost

Bluesq South Weston v Bath Weston won 2-1 at Bath on Boxing Day, but from what I read Bath had a bit more of the game. What I like about this game is that Bath is a much bigger club and have won their last three games at Weston. Athough Weston are in better general form, I think the head to head record makes Bath attractive at up to 4.2 (This game was originally scheduled for New Years Day, odds on Bath have lengthened since then, perhaps because Weston won and Bath lost on Saturday.) Bath DNB 3.25 Bet 365
Result: Weston 1 Bath 4 Bet won :ok