** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Super League 2013 season bets and discussion

kevshat

Super League 2013 promises to be one of the best seasons ever and there's already plenty of outright markets up so I'll start this thread with a month to go before the season starts for anyone with any ante-post thoughts :ok. Would be good if we can get some discussion and thoughts going ahead of the new season.

Re: Super League 2013 season bets and discussion

Just out of curiosity' date=' which teams in the 3 leagues will be starting the season with a points deficit? If there are any that is.[/quote'] Salford are pretty close to administration. If the worst happens you can expect them to be deducted 4 points at least. Most markets have them priced up for bottom.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Super League 2013 season bets and discussion Widnes laying down a statement of intent taking Gareth Hock on loan today. I know he has issues off the field but when he's on his game he's arguably the best forward in the competition. Will be interesting to see what effect that has on the markets.

Re: Super League 2013 season bets and discussion Glad to see Hock on his way, he's just as much as liability as he is an asset, and one of the most frustrating footballers to watch over the years. He has very little discipline and his decision making on the field in the heat of battle has never improved, when it should have over the years. He offloads way too much. When it comes off he's a hero, but it often results in lost possession. A club like Wigan could absorb such errors, with the quality of players they have, against weaker opposition. I'm not so sure Widnes have the quality of squad to cope with all the unnecessary penalties, the lack of discipline, the knock ons, and turn overs he'll bring. Having said that, on his day and when the Rugby gods are smiling down on him he can be a devastating attacking threat. Which is why he's been so frustrating to watch over the years, and with a little bit of brain, he could have been one of the best second rowers ever.

Re: Super League 2013 season bets and discussion Season preview: 3pts ew Leeds to win Super League 11/2 BetVictor (1/2 1-2) 1pt ew Hull FC to win Super League 14/1 Ladbrokes (1/2 1-2) When it comes to winning the Grand Final there’s only one side I want on my side and that is Leeds. They’ve been there, done it and got just about every t-shirt ever printed. In Kevin Sinfield they have arguably the cleverest player in Super League but they have a strong forward pack and an excellent back line and I think they are almost being dismissed with bookmakers offering 11/2 on them to retain their title. It is hard to ignore Hull FC’s signings though and for 2/3 of last season they were right up in the top four of the table. Holdsworth, Ellis and McDonnell look like signings which can keep them there this time and the Black and Whites could just be worth a saver but the Rhinos are the main bet for me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/super-league-betting-leeds-rhinos-can-make-it-three-super-league-titles-in-a-row-in-2013

Re: Super League 2013 season bets and discussion Couple of other outright market previews: 1pt ew R.Atkins Top Tryscorer 20/1 Skybet (1/4 1-4) Warrington score a stack of tries and one man who is often at the heart of their try scoring is Ryan Atkins. Atkins was the fourth leading try scorer in the competition last season and for my money he seems to be getting better and better. Although he’s a centre he’s built like a winger and is the best player in his position in the whole of Super League. I expect Warrington to continue scoring plenty of tries this season and Atkins can grab a decent percentage of them and at 20/1 he looks worth a punt to be the top try scorer. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/super-league-betting-ryan-atkins-can-continue-to-get-amongst-the-tries-in-2013-season 2pts K.Sinfield Man of Steel 7/1 William Hill One man who I expect to have a very good season is Kevin Sinfield. For whatever reason I’m not convinced Sinfield has been given the recognition that his career deserves but having picked up the Golden Boot award recently we are now seeing him get some of the limelight that his career deserves even if he doesn’t crave it himself. Sinfield’s kicking game was a major factor in Leeds winning Super League last year and his kicking game and game management will be just as key this year. Leeds should have a very good season which could include World Club Challenge glory and I think Sinfield would have a strong case for the Man of Steel. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/super-league-betting-kevin-sinfield-can-stake-a-good-claim-for-the-man-of-steel-award