Announcements
*** Ascot Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. RUG, 2nd. Soi Bongkot & 3rd. Jediknight ***
** June Poker League Result : 1st kevsul, 2nd Like2Fish, 3rd McG **
** June Naps Competition Result: 1st Kingdom for, 2nd Offramp, 3rd glavintobuy, 4th bymatrix. KO Cup Winner: Kingsom for, Most Winners: Johnrobertson **

2013 BDO World Championship

After the fantastic PDC World Championship, the BDO version gets underway on Saturday. This promises to be one of the better BDO tournaments with the quality of players in the BDO this year so not only should it be a good watch but it should also throw up some cash making opportunities. The whole event is live on ESPN and the BBC. Draw can be found here: http://www.bdodarts.com/newsitem.aspx?nid=1922

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2013 BDO World Championship [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 5 January 2013[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Atkins, M v Cullen, Jason (13:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.44 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Green, R v Kist, C (14:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.87 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.42 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Robson, G v Thompson, G (15:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.73 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.24 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.45 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] George, R v Prins, D (16:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.63 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Fitton, D v Van de Pas, B (18:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Norris, A v Warren, W (19:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.15 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.02 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] O'Shea, T v Walton, J (20:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.36 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.55 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.50 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 6 January 2013[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bunting, S v Wilson, J (13:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.41 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.23 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Douglas, S v Stone, G (14:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.85 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.67 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Adams, M v Hendriks, Jimmy (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.36 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.11 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Mitchell, S v Barilli, M (16:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.72 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.34 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Dekker, J v de Graaf, J (18:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.66 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.37 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.11 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Harms, W v David, Rohit (20:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.28 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.03 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 7 January 2013[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] de Vos, G v Eccles, T (18:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.32 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.72 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Montgomery, R v Jennings, P (19:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Waites, S v van de Wiel, W (20:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.21 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.25 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: 2013 BDO World Championship Ok, I'll kick us off with 3 players to probably steer clear of as they are carrying my money. W.Harms to win BDO Worlds, 2pts EW @ 16/1 Coral (1/2 odds 1-2) Seeded 8, I really fancy Harms to go close this year to make up for the disappointment of his 6-5 semi final defeat last year to Tony O'Shea. Despite that result, he has kicked on this year winning the Swiss, England & French Opens. Has no issues in front of the TV cameras either, making the semis of the World Masters and performing with credit at the Grand Slam of Darts against the better quality PDC boys. In fact, at the GSOD, he beat Terry Jenkins 5-2, averaging over 100 which will beat any player competing this week. Not only that but in his 10-4 defeat to Barney, he averaged over 97 which again is terrific in the BDO arena. I think he has a comfortable route to the quarters where he may face the no 1 seed Stephen Bunting but, despite Bunting winning their last encounter, I feel the pressure will be on the Englishman. I enjoyed watching him last year and, with that experience under his belt, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go all the way this time around. J.de Graaf to win BDO Worlds, 1pt EW @ 66/1 Betfred (1/2 odds 1-2) J.de Graaf to win Quarter 3, 1pt @ 12/1 BetVictor A relative unknown, the young Dutchman follows a similar path to last years winner in that he opens up against Jan Dekker. If Dekker reproduces previous Lakeside form, de Graaf could be out almost before it begins but there's enough to suggest that won't be the case. Has beat Dekker twice in 2012, including 5-1 last time at the Zuiderduin. Has beat many of the big names including Norris, Atkins & Montgomery to a final defeat to Bunting at the Sunpark Masters. Should be take out Dekker, I again feel he should progress through Rd 2 before a last 8 potential clash against Wolfie, who has been very beatable in the last 12 months. If he gets that far, he'll have the momentum and 66/1 (12/1 for the quarter) will look pretty damn good. G.de Vos to win BDO Worlds, 1pt EW @ 66/1 William Hill (1/2 odds 1-2) G.de Vos to win Quarter 4, 1pt @ 12/1 Betfred I genuinely feel the Belgian is underrated. Has some really good form to his name recently, reaching the final in 4 of 6 tournaments he played in the first half of 2012, winning 2. Hasn't been quite as good since but I reckon he'll come here fresh and will be boosted by a recent win over Adams at the Zuiderduin. Last year at the Lakeside, he reached round 2 losing to eventual winner Christian Kist having led 2-1. In his quarter, the big challenge will come in round 2 against Scott Waites but, although Waites is the tournament fav, he's lost in the last 16 in each of the last 2 years. Definitely a longshot but should Waites struggle, any one of the other 7 in the quarter could take advantage and to me, de Vos is the best value.

Re: 2013 BDO World Championship GL with those mate. Hopefully this year will be as profitable as 12 months ago. :ok I'll do my outrights as well. Had an absolute shocker in the PDC so hoping for a lot better over the next couple of weeks or so. 5 players for me who've I've picked out so let's get to it. Wesley Harms to win BDO World Championship- 16/1 Coral- (1.5/10) 1/2 1-2 Harms to win 1st Quarter- 4/1 Blue Square- (2/10) First one of two which I'm agreeing with Russ on. I backed the Dutchman 12 months ago where he really shot to fame, making the semis before narrowly losing to Tony O'Shea and since then he's really kicked on. Multiple quarter finals and semis Harms has made, whilst he has won 3 titles as well. At the Grand Slam he was extremely impressive though and he really showed he can handle himself amongst the big boys. He beat Terry Jenkins in that tournament with a ton plus average whilst he averaged above 97 against Barney in the last 16. He has those high 90 averages in him these days and to be honest, if he consistently does that, someone will have to play extremely well to beat him. Only couple of real threats in his quarter come in Alan Norris and Stephen Bunting who is the top seed here. He may well have to beat both but if he plays like he did last year, added with the experience he has gained this season, he'll be an extremely hard man to stop and I'll back Sparky to go one step better than last year and make the final if not win the whole thing. Christian Kist to win BDO World Championship- 15/2 Blue Square- (1.5/10 E/W) 1/2 1-2 Kist to win 2nd Quarter- 13/8 Boylesports- (3/10) Missed out somewhat on Kist's price last year (fortunately Russ and Kev didn't) but I see no reason why he can't go well again in 2013. Granted he's got a bit of a shocker of a draw given he is unseeded, but he showed last year that the seedings don't mean a thing when you've got the game that Kist possesses. He's not played a ton of events which explains his ranking but he showed what he can do in the Grand Slam. He made the quarters there, where be beat Barney in the group stages as well as Wayne Jones, before beating Wes Newton in a thriller and then took 10 legs off Barney in the quarters. Now when you consider just how well Barneveld was playing that week, it shows how well Kist did to take 10 legs of him in a game where Barney averaged above the 100 mark. Kist in truth had very few problems in taking the title last year excluding the missed dart Hankey had to knock him out. He is an extremely heavy scorer and when he finds his range, I don't see anyone on the BDO ranks that can live with him in truth, perhaps with the exceptions of Harms, Waites and Bunting if he plays well. Whether Waites will ever win at Lakeside I'm unsure, whilst Bunting will have to cope with the number 1 seed for the tournament which is never easy. Shocker of a first round draw for Kist really, where he'll face Robbie Green but despite Green's scoring power, doubles let him down badly so I would expect Kist to edge that one. Besides that, there's not too much else and he'll probably have to beat O'Shea but he did that 12 months ago and then the last time they met as well so I'd be surprised if he didn't make the quarters at the least where hopefully he'll play Wesley Harms which could be a classic. Just think if Kist repeats his form of 12 months ago, very few can live with him and I wouldn't be in the least surprised if he makes it 2 years in a row. Gary Robson to win BDO World Championship- 50/1 Bet365- (1/10 E/W) 1/2 1-2 Robson to win 3rd Quarter- 7/1 Boylesports- (1/10) The Bottom half of the draw looks really open to me considering the likes of Bunting, Harms, O'Shea and Kist are hidden away in the top half. All eyes will be on the likes of Adams and Waites in the bottom half and Wolfie is the strong favourite to come through in this 3rd quarter. Quite what that is based on other that reputation escapes me to be honest as in reality, Adams has had a stinker of a year in 2012. He won one event at the start of the year in which he beat Harms and Bunting in the final but since then he has done very little. In fact to emphasise that, he's lost his last 5 matches which shows his poor form and I wouldn't actually put it past someone to put him out in the first couple of rounds. If he does make it to the quarters, I expect Gary Robson to beat him though. I really like Big Robbo's chances this year and he comes into Lakeside off the back of making the quarter finals in the Czech Open where he narrowly lost out to Scott Waites. His form isn't outstanding but he's been consistent nonetheless and his draw is pretty decent. He faces Garry Thompson in the first round which I fancy him to edge and if he does win that one, he should gain some confidence which is key to Robson really. He usually scores really well and has made the quarter finals here 3 times before and I feel he should have his chances to go better than that this year given how open his quarter is and I'll back him to come through it. Martin Atkins to win BDO World Championship- 50/1 Boylesports- (1/10 E/W) 1/2 1-2 Atkins to win 4th Quarter- 9/1 Bet365- (2/10) I'm not sure what this price is all about on Martin Atkins really. Granted he's in the same quarter as Scott Waites but he just doesn't seem to produce his best darts at Lakeside so there's enough to suggest that someone else can come through this final quarter. One man I do fancy is The Assassin and his form in the past few months has been superb. He comes into the World Championship off the back of making the final in the Czech Open and before that, he made at least the quarters in 5 of the 7 events he played in. In that time, he beat everyone there is to beat really with the exception of Bunting and Waites but there's no Bunting to face whilst I've spoken about the latter. Atkins had his best result here 12 months ago where he made the quarter finals before losing to Ted Hankey and if he can repeat his recent form, he could be in with a shot over the next week or so. Geert de Vos to win BDO World Championship- 66/1 Blue Square- (1/10 E/W) 1/2 1-2 de Vos to win 4th Quarter- 12/1 Boylesports- (1/10) Always like to take one major outsider in the BDO as it usually throws up some surprises Last year it was Wesley Harms and I hope Geert de Vos can turn some heads this year. The Belgian had a really good 2012 in terms of form, as he won the German Open and one other event, whilst he made the final of 2 other events as well. He's beaten the likes of Alan Norris, Martin Adams and also Ronny Huybrechts which shows he has the game to beat good players on his day. His game isn't particularly devastating as he'll struggle to average more than the mid 80's/low 90's but in the BDO, that is a competitive average. He had Christian Kist in a spot of bother last year which a lot of the players can't say so nerves shouldn't affect him. The main name in the quarter is Scott Waites as well as Martin Atkins who I've mentioned, but Waites has never really performed at Lakeside and a bit like Gary Anderson, he's a superb player but this tournament seems to do strange things to him and I'm not sure whether he'll ever win it to be honest. With the price attached to de Vos, I feel there's value in the Belgian to get past Scott Waites and potentially out of this quarter, should Atkins fail.

Re: 2013 BDO World Championship Tournament preview: 1pt ew A.Norris to win BDO World Championship 20/1 Bet365 (1/2 1-2) Alan Norris has been very unlucky on the Lakeside stage. He always seems to produce good darts but walks into someone playing amazingly well who beats him. Last year he beat Dean Winstanley here before losing to eventual champion Christian Kist in the quarter final with an above 90 average, the third time in four years he’s lost here with a 90+ average. Norris was the runner up in the recent Zuiderduin Masters and has won a number of events on tour this year and his heavy scoring could see him go deep this week. 1pt ew M.Atkins to win BDO World Championship 50/1 Stan James (1/2 1-2) Martin Atkins has never really threatened to go the whole way on the Lakeside stage but there’s no doubt the Yorkshireman has the talent to go the distance. Last year he was swept away by Ted Hankey in the quarter final in a rare appearance in the latter stages for Atkins. This has undoubtedly been one of Atkins’ better years on the BDO circuit though. He won the British Open where he came past Darryl Fitton, Martin Adams, Ross Montgomery and Robbie Green to win and has made quarter finals and semi finals in a lot of other high profile events. He’s in the slightly weaker bottom half of the draw and if someone takes care of Scott Waites, Atkins could benefit by going all the way this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bdo-world-championship-betting-alan-norris-has-the-scoring-power-to-land-the-big-one-at-lakeside

Re: 2013 BDO World Championship For the afternoon matches tomorrow, I'm taking 4 bets. M.Atkins (-1.5 sets) to beat J.Cullen, 4pts @ Evs Boylesports J.Cullen, most 180's, 2pts @ 3/1 Paddy Power This is the first match on and I think the pressure will be too much for both players, for vastly different reasons. Atkins is someone who I feel plays better as the underdog and certainly not the hot favourite. Being first up too, it may take him a while to get into his darts. On the flip side, Cullen is a player I know little about but I've heard he's a pretty decent scorer. That should bode well for him in the 180's market and in the expectation will be slow to hit full stride, I think 2 or 3 maximums could easily win this market. To that end, it's a coin toss so the 3's on Cullen is worth taking. In respect of the overall score, I still believe Atkins will run out an easy winner despite not playing to his potential. The key here is pure & simply around hitting doubles. Cullen should have chances but pressure may play its part & I'll take the more experienced man to hit the doubles when it matters. Most of the first round matches last year finished 3-0 or 3-1 so, with Atkins likely to be the one progressing, Evs looks generous on the -1.5 sets market. G.Thompson, most 180's v G.Robson, 4pts @ 6/4 Boylesports Glory Garry Thompson! Certainly not of the most inspiring players to watch but, despite this, he can hit the lipstick and think he will do it enough tomorrow to win this market. In his last 4 first round matches on the Lakeside stage, he's hit 2,3,0 & 4 maximums whilst Big Robbo has hit 1 on each of his last 3 openers here. Purely based on that stat alone, I don't see where Thompson is a bigger price than Robson. I genuinely don't know which way this match will go but I do think that a scrappy affair will result in a lowish number of maximums & I'm hoping that Thompson hits the most at a generous price. R.Green v C.Kist, highest checkout under 119.5, 4pts @ Evs Boylesports Without doubt, this is the match of the afternoon and probably the match of the 1st round with Kong, Robbie Green taking on last years surprise winner Christian Kist. It has the potential to be a classic and certainly both players will score well but finishing is a completely different story. Again, I think both will feel the pressure and that's never a good sign when trying to win a leg. Looking at their performances last year & despite high overall averages, they won 44 legs between them in their first 2 matches yet the highest finish either could must was just a meagre 97. Whilst we don't have Shanghai on our side, we still need every dart to count in the finish with at least 1 a treble & 1 a double or bull. In a first round match where result is better than performance, I'll take my chance that we don't see a big checkout.

Re: 2013 BDO World Championship Saturday afternoon previews: 4pts M.Atkins (-1.5 sets) to beat J.Cullen Evs Boylesports I think you have to expect Martin Atkins to cope with the conditions better in this match. Although it is never easy opening up a tournament like this he has played plenty of matches on the Lakeside stage and it doesn’t matter who you are you will feel nerves when you play on this stage for the first time. Atkins is the better player of the two without nerves factored in and I think he’s solid enough to get this one done with a bit in hand. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atkins-vs-cullen-betting-martin-atkins-can-enjoy-a-smooth-path-into-the-last-16 3pts R.Green to beat C.Kist 7/4 Skybet If Christian Kist can win this match he could go far in the event but the same can be said about ‘Kong’ too. The concern for Kist is he comes in here a little rusty and takes a couple of sets to find his game by which time he could be all but out of the tournament. Robbie Green plays most of the tournaments and he’s a quality player in his own right and there could just be some value in the big Scouser. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/green-vs-kist-betting-robbie-green-looks-the-value-to-dethrone-kist-at-lakeside 4pts G.Robson to beat G.Thompson 8/11 Stan James This match might be closer than Gary Robson would like but I expect the Geordie to come through this one no matter how long it takes. He is a much heavier scorer than Garry Thompson and while he can go missing on his doubles like his old pairs partner he should still have too much for the Yorkshireman. Robson will feel he’s a real chance this week and if he is serious about his chances he’ll need to play well and assuming he does that he should win this. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/robson-vs-thompson-betting-gary-robson-should-have-too-much-for-garry-thompson 4pts R.George to beat D.Prins 9/10 Boylesports Richie George has done a lot of practicing with Colin Lloyd in the run up to both men’s World Championships and that’s a decent level of practice and even though he’s in the shadow of his father’s name I still expect him to perform well and come through relatively unscathed here. Dave Prins is consistent in getting to Lakeside but generally poor when he gets there so it is the youngster for me here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/george-vs-prins-betting-richie-george-has-a-kind-first-round-draw-to-take-advantage-of-at-lakeside

Re: 2013 BDO World Championship Will do my Saturday afternoon bets in the second post but first, I've taken another 2. Another outright and a match bet which doesn't happen tomorrow. Anastasia Dobromyslova to win BDO Women's World Championship- 10/3 Sportingbet- (3/10 E/W) 1/3 1-2 My money has to be with the defending champ here. Her Lakeside record is extremely impressive no matter what you think of the Russian which is shown through her only dropping a total of 3 sets on the Lakeside stage, dropping just 1 set last year en route to the trophy. Her form is good as she comes into this week off the back of winning the Zuiderduin Masters where she beat top seed Deta Hedman and it's likely to be between those 2 again this year, like it was 12 months ago. I struggle to see her not making the final, which is why I'm taking her each way as it provides a bit of security should she fail to win in the final, but to me she's got every chance of making it 2 world titles in as many years so my backing lies with the Russian. Wesley Harms to beat Rohit David 3-0- 2/1 Ladbrokes- (3/10) Now this match isn't until Sunday evening but I can't see this price lasting in all honesty. It's a fair bit higher than other firms have it and I think Harms has more than a fair chance of whitewashing his opponent in this one. I spoke a lot about Harms in my outright so I'm not going to repeat that again but with the experience he has from last year making the semis, and also the Grand Slam, you'd be surprised if he didn't run out a comfortable winner here. His Norwegian opponent did well to qualify and put a little run together at the World Masters where he beat Martin Adams. That result may appear to be far more impressive than it is however as he only averaged around the 79 mark for that game and Harms is a good 10 points above that level. 12 months ago, Harms dropped just a set a piece to Martin Phillips and Robbie Green who are better players than his opponent this year and I think he's good value to win this one without dropping a set.

Re: 2013 BDO World Championship Saturday evening previews: 4pts B.van de Pas to beat D.Fitton 5/4 BetVictor There’s no doubt who will be the most nervous of the two going into this match and that is Darryl Fitton. He’ll know he is running out of chances to land the big one and having not won here for three years there will be a huge burden on him to end that barren run. Benito van de Pas can throw with a bit of freedom here with nothing really to lose and with Fitton never the most reliable on his doubles the Dutchman is the value without question here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/fitton-vs-van-de-pas-betting-benito-van-de-pas-can-ensure-fitton-s-winless-lakeside-run-continues 4pts A.Norris vs W.Warren - Over 6.5 180's 10/11 Betfred I expect Alan Norris to come through this one but I don’t think he will run away with it or anything like that. Wayne Warren clearly has a bit about him to have gone so well in the big events he has gone well in this season. Given Norris’ scoring power I like the look of over 6.5 180’s here. Warren isn’t a slouch on the 60 and could chip in with one or two 180’s but Norris can do the baulk of the scoring and in a match which could easily go all the way I think 7 180’s are eminently possible. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/norris-vs-warren-betting-alan-norris-can-be-involved-in-another-high-scoring-first-round-match 5pts T.O'Shea vs J.Walton - Over 5.5 180's 8/11 Blue Square I expect to see a lot of high scoring in this match. Both men know where the 60 is and both are no stranger to the 180’s. We saw O’Shea hit a few 180’s in the Grand Slam recently while scoring has long since been Walton’s strength. The winner of the match will boil down to who is more consistent at the doubles as both have been known to blow up in that area of the board. There will be a fair bit of mileage in this one and at least half a dozen 180’s. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/o-shea-vs-walton-betting-battle-of-the-experienced-pro-s-can-be-full-of-180-s

Re: 2013 BDO World Championship My bets for Saturday afternoon then. Taking a few. Martin Atkins (-1.5 sets) to beat Jason Cullen- Evens Boylesports- (4/10) Over 4.5 180's- 5/6 Boylesports- (4/10) Can't really add to much to what's been mentioned about Atkins and I'm totally in sync with Russ and Kev on the handicap. Atkins has been in really good form with that run to the final in the Czech Open and is the far more experienced player here. He'll be at home on the Lakeside stage whilst his opponent might struggle a bit for nerves which should mean he won't be completely relaxed on stage. Atkins scores well and with the experience and form to his name, I don't think he'll drop more than a set in winning the opening game. Also like the look of the overs on the 180's. Atkins apparently has been hitting trebles for fun in practice and in the past he's got a decent record of hitting maximums in his games. Last year, he hit 3 180's in his opening game and 4 the year before that so Atkins could go close to covering this pretty small line on his own. Although I don't know too much about Jason Cullen, he has come through qualification for Lakeside and has beaten Scott Waites so he's clearly no mug and he can chip away at the line as well. Even it Atkins win 3-0, which is a distinct possibility IMO, 5 maximums isn't a lot in the modern game and I think both can cover the overs here. Robbie Green vs Christian Kist - Over 7.5 180's- 8/11 Boylesports- (4/10) Although this line appears to be extremely high, especially for a first round game, if these two get going on the scoring, they could easily reach double figures by the time the winning double is hit. I do fancy Kist to win this one come the end but there's enough to suggest that this match could have some legs on it given Kist's tendency to start a little sluggishly. He hasn't played a great deal of darts this year which has left him unseeded despite winning the tournament 12 months ago so he may be forgiven for starting a little slowly. The Grand Slam experience that he's had this year should mean it won't take him long to find his range and once he gets going, not many in the BDO can live with his game. His scoring is extremely heavy and he managed 4 maximums in his opening win against Jan Dekker last year and then he started hitting them for fun. Robbie Green is an extremely heavy scorer as well and he knows he will have to score at his best if he is to trouble Kist. Green hit 8 maximums in 4 sets alone in his opening game last year against Darryl Fitton and he has no trouble in peppering the lipstick. Doubles are usually where he falters but scoring wise, he should be able to hit his fair share of 180's, and with the possibility of 5 sets here, I think we have every chance of seeing a bagful of big scores in a game which features two of the heaviest scorers about. Gary Robson vs Garry Thompson- Over 5.5 180's- 5/6 Boylesports- (4/10) Again I'm taking the overs as the line looks a little low to me. I think Gary Robson will win and I hope he does given my outright but Garry Thompson should have enough about him to be competitive here. I've spoken about Robson in my outright and he has shown in the past what he can do with his scoring as he's reached double figures in a single match on a couple of occasions. Garry Thompson scores well also and he hit 4 180's in his 4 set defeat to Paul Jennings last year so Thompson can clearly score well. Both of these guys know each other inside out given they used to be pairs partners and whilst both can go missing on their doubles at times, they can both score well and I think they can chip away and hit 6 maximums in this one. Dave Prins to beat Richie George- Evens Sportingbet- (3/10) Not sure what Prins has done to be the underdog here in truth. I know his form has been absolutely awful on the Lakeside stage as he's failed to win a game and not averaged above the 80 mark but he has had arguably his best season where he reached the last 16 of the World Masters beating Martin Atkins and Darryl Fitton in the process and he's also beaten Wesley Harms this season so he's clearly playing better darts. All eyes are going to be on Richie George given who his father is and that in itself will add pressure so it'll be interesting to see how he copes with that expectation. As Kev has mentioned, he has been practicing with Colin Lloyd in practice but when up on the big stage, it's a completely different proposition. Despite having some impressive runs in the first half of the year, of late his form has been poor in truth. In fact he's not managed to win more than one game in a row since June so that might be playing on his mind as well. Prins has the experience of playing on the Lakeside stage which counts for a lot and with the pressure being on Bobby's son tomorrow, I think Prins is good value to win his first match on the big stage.

Re: 2013 BDO World Championship I'm backing one player from each half of the draw in the outright market. I'll be laying off part of my stake if either reaches the final, although if both make it then I won't need to :lol. Thanks to all who have posted so far - it's helped me to decide who to go for. Martin Adams to win 2013 BDO World Championships @ 10.0 >Betfair Tony O'Shea to win 2013 BDO World Championships @ 16.0 >Betfair I've picked these two as I don't like the look of any of the market leaders. As others have mentioned, Waites just doesn't seem to turn up at this event, and Bunting will have to deal with the burden of being the top seed. Kist certainly has the ability to run through the field again like he did last year, but there's a particular type of pressure that can come with being a defending champion, and he might be affected by it. I'm also uneasy about the fact that he doesn't play as much as some of the other players, and I wonder if this might put him at a disadvantage to some degree. Adams and O'Shea certainly aren't the most original or inspiring picks, but they are proven performers on this stage and at this level. Adams remains a consistent player who knows what it takes to be successful in this tournament, and I'm certainly prepared to overlook his loss to David at the World Masters. O'Shea did well to reach the final last year, and should be better off for the experience. There's no reason why he can't at least repeat that this year as far as I can see.

Re: 2013 BDO World Championship Richie George to beat Dave Prins 3-0 - 6.5 @ Ladbrokes Prins is good at getting to the Lakeside but wilts on the big stage in the last 3 years he has managed to win just 1 set losing 3-0, 3-1 and 3-0 in the first round each time. George will clearly be under pressure aswell with all the hype being made over following in his father's footsteps but I think he is the better player and based on Prins recent Lakeside record this looks a very likely outcome.

Re: 2013 BDO World Championship 3 for the evening. B.Van de Pas to beat D.Fitton, 4pts @ 5/4 BetVictor I just can't be having the Dazzler at odds on here. Isn't the player he once was and has lost his last 3 openers here on the Lakeside stage. Last year against Robbie Green, he could only manage an 81 average which will not be good enough against his young Dutch opponent here. De Pas, who debuted here 12 months ago, lost narrowly that day, to Chuck Norris but averaged 90 which, in this arena, is good 'arrers. He has a bit of a growing reputation back home and I always feel the nerves don't apply much to this crop of youngsters coming through. At 5/4, he's good value to nick a win. A.Norris v W.Warren, under 6.5 180's, 4pts @ Evs Skybet I'm going against popular opinion here and backing the unders. Maybe a little silly, I know, but Norris is one of those frustrating players to me who either scores really well or not at all. In 8 appearances here, 3 of them have lasted 4 sets or less and his total 180's have amounted to just 4. On the flip side, close matches or longer formats have seen him score very heavily indeed. To me, this boils down to how much of a challenge is posed by Wayne Warren and I honestly think it won't amount too much. If Warren struggles on the doubles early, Norris will cruise to victory & that will make the chance of lots of maximums unlikely. T.O'Shea to win 3-0 v J.Walton, 3pts @ 9/4 Paddy Power John Boy has had a pretty awful season & only reputation will give him any hope here. The only player of any note whatsoever he's beaten in the last 12 months is Paul Jennings. Other than that, he's been terrible. In addition, I'm always worried by his inability to hit doubles so the last player you want to be facing is the Silverback, Tony O'Shea. Finalist here 12 months ago, finalist at the World Masters, he will fancy himself to go deep this year and will be wanting a quick start. Scores well & can finish, I just think the 9/4 on offer is a little too big to miss.

Re: 2013 BDO World Championship Couple more outrights for me. 3pts T.O'Shea to win 2nd Quarter 3/1 Skybet I think Tony O'Shea is a good thing in this quarter. I know Christian Kist is in it but I think he might well struggle to reproduce the magic of last year. Last year he came here without any pressure on his shoulders but this year he comes as the hunted and he isn't exactly coming in here buzzing with form or confidence. Tony O'Shea has been a big event player for a few years now and he knows every inch of this Lakeside stage and having been runner up in the World Masters we know his form is pretty good. There will be a time when O'Shea wins this thing. Whether that's this year or not remains to be seen but he has a nice opening draw up until the quarter final should Kist get there. I don't think that's a certainty by any means though so it is Silverback for me in the second section. 1pt ew L.Ashton to win Womens BDO World Championship 14/1 BetVictor (1/3 1-2) Lisa Ashton is unseeded for this tournament but that isn't down to her ability or lack of it, it is purely because she has chosen not to play the full circuit this year. She remains a top player in the Women's game though and even though she's drawn last year's runner up Deta Hedman in the first round I still think there is plenty of value at this price. Hedman can sometimes be caught cold early in these tournaments, indeed she nearly came a cropper against Rhian Edwards in the first round here last year. However if Ashton can come past Hedman then she would have the easier of the semi finals, arguably her semi final would be easier than her first round match, which would make the 14/1 on her seem like very good value particularly as Anastasia and Trina Gulliver are going to tear chunks out of each other in the other half of the draw. Ashton has beaten Hedman twice this year already so she hasn't lost her ability despite playing fewer tournaments and at 14/1 she looks the value in this 8 runner field.

Re: 2013 BDO World Championship

All favourites lost their matches so far. Putting money on BDO seems like gambling' date=' nothing more.[/quote'] Not at all mate. Kev had Green to beat Kist, and there's actually more money to made on backing the 'right' outsiders. Easily than PDC to make money, I feel.

Re: 2013 BDO World Championship Not the best of start with 3 of my outrights crashing out and then Prins missing a ton of doubles for the match. Hope for better tonight in which I'm taking a few. A lot of them have been covered so won't add too much. Benito van de Pas to beat Darryl Fitton- 5/4 BetVictor- (4/10) Over 6.5 180's- 5/6 Boylesports- (4/10) I'm with the others on van de Pas here. Fitton has to overcome two major problems if he is to come through this one; pressure and doubles. He is bound to be feeling some nerves given he has lost in the first round for the past 3 years and when you're patchy on your doubles when playing well, van de Pas should have his chance in this one. The young Dutchman performed well here 12 months ago where he narrowly lost to Alan Norris and he's already pushed Stephen Bunting all the way this year at the World Masters and at this price, I have to back him to make it 4 in a row for Fitton. Also fancy the overs on the 180's. We saw in the afternoon session that most of the BDO guys hit a fair few 180's and these guys are no different. Fitton can absolutely hammer the lipstick and he hit 7 180's in his 4 set defeat to Robbie Green last year. You'd fancy him to hit at least 3 or 4 really and with van de Pas a pretty decent scorer as well, I fancy at least 7 maximums in this one. Alan Norris vs Wayne Warren- Over 6.5 180's- 5/6 Boylesports- (4/10) Hate to go against Russ but feel this is another where the overs looks to best the right call. If Chuck Norris can find his range and settle down, he could well go close to covering this line on his own in truth. He's been in good form and he hit 8 180's in his opening game last year and consistently scored heavily throughout the tournament. Wayne Warren has performed well this year, beating some very decent opponents so he shouldn't fear Norris here and he should hold his own. You don't make the runs Warren has unless you can score well so he should be able to chip away at the line but providing Norris shows up, think he should help the overs' cause here. Tony O'Shea (-1.5 sets) to beat John Walton- 4/5 Blue Square- (4/10) Over 5.5 180's- 8/11 Blue Square- (4/10) If this was at a latter stage in the tournament I'd consider going in more heavily on O'Shea here but the first round has to be met with caution as we saw earlier. Saying that, I'd be extremely surprised if he dropped more a set here in winning. John Walton used to dominate the BDO game but he's no where near as good as he used to be. In fact as Russ has mentioned, the only note worthy name he's beaten in 2012 is Paul Jennings as he's not done a great deal. O'Shea will be desperate to go one better than last year and win at Lakeside in 2013 and I don't see him having too much trouble here. He's already beaten Walton 4-1 in the Welsh Open this season and with O'Shea in good form, I think he'll win with a bit to spare here. Again backing the overs on the maximums. Walton can still score well and he showed that 12 months ago. He was comfortably beaten by Martin Atkins due to missed doubles, but he still managed 3 maximums in a game where he really didn't play well. Tony O'Shea scores well around the T20 and consistently hit maximums 12 months ago and despite a comfortable win for O'Shea which I'm predicting, the pair of them can contribute to at least 6 180's.

Re: 2013 BDO World Championship After Day 1, I'm up to +10.75pts but that could all change tomorrow as 2 of my 3 outrights play. Haven't watched it all as I was out at the footy (and missed the Green/Kist match) but I'm pretty sure we've yet to see this years' Lakeside winner. Nobody that impressive to me & whilst I know it was the opening round, O'Shea didn't beat anything, Fitton was lucky & Norris was distinctly average. Looking forward to Sunday, where we'll get to see Bunting, Wolfie & Harms. It's great to be back.....

Re: 2013 BDO World Championship Good stuff Russ. Mixed day for me considering 3 of my outrights went out in the first 3 matches of the tournament which is never great. The match bets got me out of a hole really though, excluding the Prins result and I'm sitting on -1.63 overall after the first couple of sessions.

Re: 2013 BDO World Championship Not a massive fan of the schedule tomorrow afternoon. Considered going against Bunting and Adams but not really sure how they will come out and play so stayed away from that. Am taking 2 though, and an early one for the evening session. Gary Stone (-1.5 sets) to beat Steve Douglas- 6/4 Boylesports- (4/10) Quite like the price on the Scot here. I think Steve Douglas will just be glad to be at Lakeside this year after he's had some heart issues over the past couple of weeks and hasn't been able to practice a great deal. There was some talk about him possibly withdrawing but the doctors have given him the all clear but there have to be questions over his form right now. Before the health issues, Douglas had been having a good year with numerous quarter final appearences and he'll be looking to repeat his best performance here like 12 months ago. He's up against a tough cookie though in Gary Stone and the Scot comes into the tournament in superb form as he's just won Europe Cup, beating Martin Atkins and Christian Kist in the final to take the trophy. Aside from that, he pushed Stephen Bunting all the way in the final of the Welsh Classic so he'll be confident going into this one. Last year, Stone lost out to Martin Adams in the second round but averaged a smidgen under 87 that day and averaged over 88 in the first round which is a pretty good level in the BDO. Despite reaching the same stage 12 months ago, Douglas failed to average over 84 or get close to the heights that Stone was at and given the form that Stone is in, and the health issues that have affected Douglas' preparation, I think the Scot will have too much for him and I think he'll win without dropping more than a set. Jimmy Hendriks (Most 180's) vs Martin Adams- 7/4 Blue Square- (3/10) I don't really know what this price is about in all honesty. First of all we must note that this is a different Hendriks to the one who took a set of Taylor in the PDC version of the tournament but this youngster is equally no mug when it comes to darts. He's a former winner of the Youth Masters is the 18 year old and has taken part in the PDC youth events which show what a good prospect the Dutchman is. Already this year, he's pushed Stephen Bunting all the way on a couple of occasions and beaten the likes of Wesley Harms so he's clearly got something about him. His recent form isn't the best though which does put me off the handicap but given the way Adams has been playing of late, you feel he will have his chances here. I am going to back him to hit the most maximums here though. We've seen just how good these Dutch youngsters are and how heavily they score and I don't imagine Hendriks is any different. Adams in the early rounds has never been a prolific 180 scorer, even when playing well so I think the value lies with Hendriks here. Adams has managed just 2,1 and 1 maximums in the past few years and a repeat of that, should give the Dutchman a chance to outscore Wolfie on the maximums here. And one early bet for the evening session as the price is ridiculous really. Jeffrey de Graaf to beat Jan Dekker- 11/10 Sportingbet- (5/10) I really don't know what Jan Dekker has done to deserve being favourite here. It should be the other way round in my opinion really. Quite what has happened to Dekker I don't know. You'd have to say the only notable result he's had was a win over Stephen Bunting back in July when he won his only event but apart from that, he's done very little, and that's being kind to him really. Over the past 3 months especially his form has been non existent. We saw how true that was at the Grand Slam, where he only managed to win a single leg a piece in his 3 matches and averaged in the low 70's for 2 of those games. He's lost to some really average players recently as well and you have to feel his confidence is going to be low here. Jeffrey de Graaf only beat Dekker last month 5-1 in the Zuiderduin Masters which again baffles me to why he is the underdog. He's made 2 finals in the back end of last year has the Dutchman, and in the Sunparks Masters, he beat Alan Norris, Martin Atkins and Ross Montgomery on the way to the final where he lost to Stephen Bunting. He also beat Dekker in the final of the Isle of Man Open as well earlier on last year when Dekker was playing better than he is right now. There's no question which player is in the better form right now and that is the underdog here who I'm more than happy to back confidently here.

Re: 2013 BDO World Championship Sunday afternoon previews: 4pts S.Bunting vs J.Wilson - Over 6.5 180's 10/11 Betfred I think this will be a high scoring opening match of the day and I expect to see a lot of 180’s, especially if Wilson can take Bunting to the trenches. You won’t find many heavier scorers anywhere than Bunting but Wilson is more than capable of scoring too. There is every chance that this will go to a fifth set and if it doesn’t then that is likely to be because Bunting has scored so well so over 6.5 180’s looks good to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bunting-vs-wilson-betting-stephen-bunting-can-get-involved-in-a-high-scoring-first-round-match 4pts G.Stone (-1.5 sets) to beat S.Douglas 6/4 Boylesports Truth be told I would probably have favoured Gary Stone in this match regardless of Steve Douglas’ health issues so with those health issues and question marks over both his health and the state of Douglas’ game I certainly expect Stone to come through this match and I would expect him to do so with a bit to spare. Stone beat some good players in winning the Europe Cup and he can win this no worse than 3-1. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/douglas-vs-stone-betting-gary-stone-can-take-advantage-of-his-opponent-s-health-problems-at-lakeside 4pts J.Hendriks (+1.5 sets) to beat M.Adams 6/5 BetVictor Martin Adams might win this match but there’s plenty to suggest that he won’t have this all his own way. Hendriks has beaten Wesley Harms this year and he’s pushed the likes of Stephen Bunting close too. All youngsters these days score heavily and I see no reason why Hendriks won’t be the same so I think the Dutch youngster can push Wolfie all the way in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/adams-vs-hendriks-betting-martin-adams-can-be-made-to-work-hard-for-a-first-round-win 4pts M.Barilli to beat S.Mitchell 6/5 Stan James I don’t expect there to be much between these two at the end of the day but the pressure is more on Mitchell as the seed here. When you come out with his ridiculous dog walking malarkey and wear bright pink you almost put pressure on yourself anyway. Barilli goes quietly about his business and there’s no reason why he can’t cause what would be a slight upset at odds against in a match which could easily see a deciding set. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/mitchell-vs-barilli-betting-scotty-dog-s-bark-can-be-no-danger-to-mark-barilli

Re: 2013 BDO World Championship Good luck guys :ok I'm taking 3 this afternoon. J.Wilson to beat S.Bunting, 3pts @ 9/4 Betfred J.Wilson, most 180's v S.Bunting, 2pts @ 3/1 Skybet I'm really looking forward to this match. In one corner you have the undoubted player of the season, Stephen Bunting and, in the other, you have James Wilson who has literally come from nowhere to trouble many of the big names in the game in 2012. Bunting arrives here as the No 1 seed and whilst he is a top, top player, I have no idea what pressure may do to him. He's a heavy scorer and will no doubt pepper the treble 20 but he'll need to. He's been given a horror draw, with Wilson a very high scorer himself. 2 meetings between the 2 in the last 12 months and it's 1 apiece. With the Lakeside often favouring the underdog, I'm happy to take 9/4 on Wilson here, especially when I feel they are pretty evenly matched. In addition, whilst I think Bunting will hit a few maximums, I generally believe it could be blow for blow so, at 3's, it's one where I must get involved. Roll on 1pm! G.Stone v S.Douglas, over 5.5 180's, 4pts @ 6/5 Paddy Power We've heard all about Douglas' health problems but I'm not convinced that will mean an easy win for Stone. If Douglas wasn't up to appearing & didn't feel he could do himself justice, he wouldn't turn up. That's why I expect at least 4 sets here and more than anything, I expect at least 6 180's. These 2 players are pretty decent on the maximums and recent stats would suggest this line is a little low. I'm pretty sure every game yesterday covered this line and here we have 2 players capable of scoring well. Last year, in Rd 1, Stone hit 4 in a 3-0 win whilst Douglas himself managed 2 in a 3-1 win. I expect this to be tight and feel we'll have enough legs to get the required 6 maximums. S.Mitchell, most 180's v M.Barilli, 4pts @ 5/4 Betfred I'm not a big fan of either player and, in terms of quality, this is where it could hit a low. In 3 first round defeats on his 3 visits here, Barilli has managed just 3 maximums and is more of a steady Eddie, which suggests that isn't going to change. Mitchell, meanwhile, is more unpredictable. No maximums on his last 2 visits here but he played 2 very good players who demolished him 3-0, in Wolfie & Jan Dekker. However, on his first visit where he went the full 5 sets against, let's say, a lesser quality player, he managed 6. Today, where I think Scotty Dog will be able to settle because of the relative ability of his opponent, I expect him to win the battle of the 180's and at a nice odds against price, I'm happy to be involved.

Re: 2013 BDO World Championship Sunday evening previews: 5pts J.de Graaf to beat J.Dekker Evs Paddy Power I’ve seen nothing in 2012 to suggest Jan Dekker should be the favourite for this match. He stunk the house out at the Grand Slam with his poor performances and he’s lost twice to De Graaf in the last 12 months too. The only thing Dekker has on his side is experience of Lakeside but even that isn’t enough to convince me that De Graaf isn’t a good thing here. Unless Dekker dramatically raises his game it is De Graaf for me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dekker-vs-de-graaf-betting-jeffrey-de-graaf-can-make-it-a-hat-trick-of-wins-over-mister-coat 4pts W.Harms vs R.David - Over 4.5 180's 11/10 Blue Square I like the look of the 180’s in this match. The line is quite low at 4.5 and I say that because Wesley Harms is quite a decent scorer. He hit three 180’s in 14 legs against Raymond Barneveld in the Grand Slam and generally scores consistently. Rune David is no slouch when it comes to the scoring stage of legs so in a match which might just have a bit more life in it than some would expect, I think we can see 5 180’s. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/harms-vs-david-betting-expect-to-see-a-few-180-s-in-the-final-match-on-sunday

Re: 2013 BDO World Championship Just taking 1 tonight. J.Dekker v J.De Graaf, over 4.5 180's, 7pts @ 8/11 Skybet On the basis that this line has bee covered in all but 1 of 11 matches so far, this looks far too generous a price to pass up. That match not covering this line was Mitchell/Barilli, where the highest average on show was just over 80. We will have no such issues in this where 2 young Dutchman go head to head. De Graaf has the better form, Dekker the Lakeside experience and I expect a tight match with plenty of peppering of that lipstick. We know the Dutch lads can score and this 2 are no different. I'm happy to take this line where we only require 5 maximums in a match that could 5 sets.

Re: 2013 BDO World Championship Nightmare day today with missed doubles from Stone and De Graaf costing me badly. Just been reading through last year's BDO threat and it was a similar start for me and Russ mentioned the 'crossbar shots' that weren't quite going in. If you could mention the same comment again mate it might bring a change in fortunes. ;) I'll update the P/L tomorrow when I have a look at tomorrow's card but can't be bothered with that at the minute as I'm too tired. I will post one bet I've taken though as the odds look the wrong way round to me. Quick write-up though as my bed is calling. Tony O'Shea (-2.5 sets) to beat Steve Douglas- 11/10 Ladbrokes- (10/10) My first max bet of the tournament as I really didn't expect these odds in all honesty. Not 100% when this match is scheduled for but whenever these two do play, I can only see a comfortable win for O'Shea. I was actually really impressed with Steve Douglas' performance today given his recent health issues but in all honesty, but for a ton of missed doubles and patchy shots from Gary Stone, Douglas would have been out. He spoke at the end how he should have lost really and how he's just pleased to be playing on the stage so the win today was a bonus for him. Tony O'Shea won't be doing him any favours though given Silverback is looking to finally win on the Lakeside stage. He was fortunate not to drop a set against John Walton as he was outscored for chunks of that match but Walton missed a stack of doubles. Douglas won't score as heavily as John Boy did though and you'd expect O'Shea, now he's won his first match, to improve on his performance. He did start scoring really heavily towards the end of the match and Douglas won't be able to cope with O'Shea if he does that early door. Douglas averaged a good 5 points below O'Shea on the averages in the first round and given how you would expect O'Shea to improve, there's very slim possibility I see him dropping more than a set in this one.

Re: 2013 BDO World Championship Monday's previews: 4pts G.de Vos to beat T.Eccles 5/4 Skybet No darts fan is going to need any introduction to the Viper but it is fair to say this isn’t the man who took Adrian Lewis all the way at the Alexandra Palace in the past. If he finds that form and brings it to Lakeside he could win this thing but he’s back in the BDO for a reason. I liked the look of Geert de Vos last year and on another day or against another opponent he could have gone beyond the last 16. He’s had the better 2012 of the two here though and at odds against he looks a fair bet to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/de-vos-vs-eccles-betting-geert-de-vos-can-make-tony-eccles-return-to-lakeside-a-miserable-one 3pts P.Jennings to beat R.Montgomery 2/1 BetVictor Make no mistake about it Paul Jennings is very much a dangerous opponent for Ross Montgomery here and while you would expect Montgomery to win this match his record and in particular his performances on this stage don’t exactly fill you with oceans of confidence. The decision here really is whether to err on the side of safety and take Jennings on the handicap or whether to take him to win but he’s a confident player, thrashed Montgomery 5-1 when they met in Gwent a couple of months back so the risk of taking him on the nose could be one which pays off. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/montgomery-vs-jennings-betting-paul-jennings-can-continue-ross-montgomery-s-miserable-lakeside-form 4pts S.Waites vs W.van der Wiel - Over 5.5 180's 10/11 Betfred It is hard to know what Scott Waites will turn up here. If the one which played the Grand Slam turns up van der Wiel’s in trouble but he tends to perform better there than he does here year on year. Instead of chancing the match markets I think the best bet here is for a very low 5.5 180 line to be covered. We saw in that Grand Slam that Scott Waites can match anyone in the scoring department. He smashed in 8 180’s against Thornton and 9 against van Gerwen in that event. You’ll have to go a long way to find a Dutchman who can’t score heavily and van der Wiel isn’t one of them so in a match which won’t be all one way traffic I fully expect to see at least half a dozen 180’s. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/waites-vs-van-der-wiel-betting-expect-to-see-a-lot-of-180-s-in-the-final-match-of-the-first-round

Re: 2013 BDO World Championship After a poor day yesterday, I'm back to -16.63 although that could change if de Vos loses tonight. Only slight positive is that the Dobromyslova outright is looking good (touch wood). Just need the doubles that are being missed to start going in and hopefully that will start tonight where I'm taking a fair few. Geert de Vos vs Tony Eccles- Over 5.5 180's- 5/4 Boylesports- (3/10) Feel there is some value with the Belgian in this one but given how I'm already on him outright, I'm not going to bother backing him. I'm a tad surprised to see the overs at odds against however. I'd be extremely surprised to see either guy run away with this one and if we get at least 4 sets which I think we will, the overs has a good shot here. We've seen so far over the first couple of days that most of the time the overs have come through and in these two guys, we have a couple of decent scorers. Once upon a time, Tony Eccles was playing amongst the big guns over in the PDC but given he failed to win many games on the tour a couple of years back, he's moved to the BDO circuit. Obviously he's not the player he once was, that's obvious given his move but one thing he has always been is a decent scorer. He once hit 8 180's against Adrian Lewis in the World Championship and he lost 3-0 that day which shows that he can score well and I'd be surprised if he didn't hit a few tonight. Likewise, Geert de Vos can score well as he showed 12 months ago. In his high scoring battle against Christian Kist, he hit 8 maximums and 2 in the first round as well so he's no slouch either around the lipstick. I just think with the way this tournament has gone, and with the scoring power of both players on show, there should be enough time for them to chip away at this line and cover it with the possibility of 5 sets. Paul Jennings to beat Ross Montgomery- 7/4 Boylesports- (3/10) Paul Jennings (Most 180's) vs Ross Montgomery- 5/2 BetVictor- (3/10) Missed the price that Kev got on Jennings but still feel he is value tonight. We've already seen many of the underdogs win their first round match and there's enough to suggest Jennings could add to that list tonight. His recent form has tailed off a bit but there were signs over in Ghent that he was returning to a bit of form. He made the quarter finals there and en route, beat Richie George and also Montgomery pretty comfortably in truth so he'll have the mental edge knowing he won their previous encounter. Ross Montgomery has never really lived up to his potential on the Lakeside stage and for a past winner of the Zuiderduin Masters and a semi finalist at the World Masters, never to have gone past the second round isn't really good enough. Some players never really seem to produce their best darts on the big stage and so far, the Scot has fallen into that category so although you would have him as favourite for the game, Jennings performed well on debut 12 months ago and I'll back him to perform well again tonight and take this one. Also backing him to hit the most 180's as the price is baffling. This price would suggest that Ross Montgomery possesses the scoring ability of Gary Anderson or that Paul Jennings hits a 180 once in a blue moon but in reality, neither of these is true. It's been mentioned that the Scot has never really produced his best stuff at Lakeside and in 4 of his 6 games here, he's failed to hit more than 2 maximums in games which have lasted at least 4 sets. Paul Jennings however hit 2,4 and 3 180's in his 3 games last year and on his day, he is a very heavy scorer so he is in no way a bigger shot than 2/1 to hit ore 180's here. Even if he doesn't manage it, the price is too high to ignore and I'm more than happy to back him on this front as well as for the win. Scott Waites vs Willy van de Wiel- Over 5.5 180's- 20/21 Boylesports- (4/10) Under 15.5 legs- 5/6 Blue Square- (4/10) Highest Checkout Over 114.5- 5/6 Blue Square- (4/10) Taking quite a few bets in the final game of the night in a game where all eyes will be on Scott Waites and how he performs. We've yet to see someone in the first round really stand out and many thing Scotty 2 Hotty will do that tonight but until he does that, he's going to have his critics as he has never produced his best darts at Lakeside. Now originally, I was considering the handicap for van de Wiel given Waites' recent history here but just in case Waites really does pick off from where he left off at the Grand Slam, I've opted for the unders on the leg. Even if Waites does drop a set, there's still a chance he can cover the unders if he really does start to play towards the latter stages of the match. If he gets going, van de Wiel will struggle to keep up with Waites in the scoring you feel so there's a decent chance he'll win a set or maybe two, 3-0 so the unders on the legs looks a decent call to me with everything considered. In saying that, I do fancy at least 6 maximums here as Waites could make this line look very small if he comes out firing. He hit 8 180's against Robert Thornton and then 9 when he ran MVG pretty close which shows his scoring power. We all know about the Holland players and just how good they are at scoring and van de Wiel hit 5 in his second round match against Atkins so he should be able to contribute as well and 6 maximums looks pretty probable here. Final bet I'm taking is the overs on the checkout line which I was surprised to see set this low. Last year, Scott Waites would have been in massive trouble against Andy Boulton if he didn't checkout out some big scores and he is more than capable of finishing like that again today given all eyes will be on him. We've seen the likes of Jan Dekker and Jimmy Hendriks take out some big finishes so far so van de Wiel could equally follow along his compatriots and take out a decent finish as well. The line doesn't require a big finish whatsoever really and a decent combination finish will cover it so again the overs looks good to me.