** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Manchester United v Liverpool > Sun 13th January

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Manchester United v Liverpool (13:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.20 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manchester United too short here? Liverpool generally play a lot better versus stronger opponents, and are often a decent prospect at longer odds. The only one worry for me there would be the return of Vidic, and the fact they've now kept two clean sheets in a row.

Re: Manchester United v Liverpool > Sun 13th January Liverpool play too inconsistent. United get better and better. they only dropped points once at home this season. Anderson and Rooney could be fit for this match. the only real threat Liverpool have is Suarez. But I expect Vidic to play and to stop him.

Re: Manchester United v Liverpool > Sun 13th January

You're right that's why it's a tough one for me. I suppose the signing of Daniel Sturridge won't be completed in time? :unsure
I think the deal should be completed in time as the fixture is next week. He has already underwent a medical so I assume the deal will be brought to an end this weak. Liverpool want Sahin to go back to Real Madrid with Inter Milan keen on him. Left-back Enrique should be out for this match. Gerrard's form isn't great and Cleverley and Carrick are in really good form. Liverpool's winger Sterling was the poorest Reds against Queens Park and the matches before his form went continualy down. With Enrique out, in-form Downing will step in as left-back. Sturridge could step in, but Sturridge has hardly played this season. I think these odds on Man United is too high.

The trouble is its difficult to gauge what sort of form players like Carrick and Cleverley are in when all we have to go on are games against mid to lower level sides. Equally, I should imagine its much easier to look good against Wigan and WBA. Vidic and their defence as an example. I'd imagine they'll be under much more threat, and the pressure is higher.

The trouble is its difficult to gauge what sort of form players like Carrick and Cleverley are in when all we have to go on are games against mid to lower level sides. Equally' date=' I should imagine its much easier to look good against Wigan and WBA. Vidic and their defence as an example. I'd imagine they'll be under much more threat, and the pressure is higher.[/quote'] Cleverley and Carrick were great for example against Manchester City.

Manchester United too short here? Liverpool generally play a lot better versus stronger opponents' date=' and are often a decent prospect at longer odds. The only one worry for me there would be the return of Vidic, and the fact they've now kept two clean sheets in a row.[/quote'] Liverpool do play better against top dogs, but the last time they did not lose at Old Trafford was during Benitez' and Torres' reign - the 1:4 victory in 2009. In all the following games they not only lost, but were severely outplayed. At Anfield, Liverpool plays great against United, but away from home is completely different story. 1.80 is an excellent price for a home win, which is probably 80% likely to happen.

Liverpool do play better against top dogs' date=' but the last time they did not lose at Old Trafford was during Benitez' and Torres' reign - the 1:4 victory in 2009. In all the following games they not only lost, but were severely outplayed. At Anfield, Liverpool plays great against United, but away from home is completely different story. 1.80 is an excellent price for a home win, which is probably 80% likely to happen.[/quote'] You could be right the more I think about it :ok

Re: Manchester United v Liverpool > Sun 13th January I'm not going to get dragged into this one just cos its a big game on the box. Play better against top teams? Liverpool havent beaten a top ten team in TEN attempts this season home or away. The BTTS and Overs looks on but is priced accordingly.

The BTTS and Overs looks on but is priced accordingly.
Are they?!! The last five Premier League games b/n United and Pool at Old Trafford went "over". 8 out of the last 10 Premier League games between United and Pool were over 2.5. 8 out of 10 home games this season of Man United at Old Trafford were over 2.5. 16 out of all 21 Premiership matches of Manchester United this season featured over 2.5 goals. And what is most interesting - 13 out of 15 games played last year and this half-season between United and top 6 teams (City, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool, Chelsea) went over 2.5! So, what we got here - the current price of 1.61 implies 62% probability of over 2.5 between United and Pool. All the stats above imply much higher probability for the same event! So, do you still think it is a low price?! I really don't understand people saying "hmmm, it's below 1.80-2.00, so there is no value in it, so I am taking the enormous value in the 2.0 "over" for the random game between, say, Norwich and Swansea". Value is not just about the price itself, value is about the probability correlated to the price. And we see from all the stats and from the current shape of both United and Liverpool's offenses and defenses, the probability for an "over" here is very, very high, which in my opinion totally makes-up for the slightly lower than average price (considering that overs are on average priced at around 1.80). I would myself rather take this one, instead of indulging in "the big value offered" by 0.25-0.30 higher price for "over" for some totally unpredictable game, where guessing over/under is more like tossing a coin. Just my opinion.

Re: Manchester United v Liverpool > Sun 13th January Liverpool have only beaten teams below them...Not beaten a team above them this season.. There is 10 days before we need to look at this game...However LFC at Man utd last 10 meetings NO DRAWS...8 man utd 2 LFC..So at this stage based on these stats, 4/5 are good odds for MAN U.

Are they?!! The last five Premier League games b/n United and Pool at Old Trafford went "over". 8 out of the last 10 Premier League games between United and Pool were over 2.5. 8 out of 10 home games this season of Man United at Old Trafford were over 2.5. 16 out of all 21 Premiership matches of Manchester United this season featured over 2.5 goals. And what is most interesting - 13 out of 15 games played last year and this half-season between United and top 6 teams (City, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool, Chelsea) went over 2.5! So, what we got here - the current price of 1.61 implies 62% probability of over 2.5 between United and Pool. All the stats above imply much higher probability for the same event! So, do you still think it is a low price?! I really don't understand people saying "hmmm, it's below 1.80-2.00, so there is no value in it, so I am taking the enormous value in the 2.0 "over" for the random game between, say, Norwich and Swansea". Value is not just about the price itself, value is about the probability correlated to the price. And we see from all the stats and from the current shape of both United and Liverpool's offenses and defenses, the probability for an "over" here is very, very high, which in my opinion totally makes-up for the slightly lower than average price (considering that overs are on average priced at around 1.80). I would myself rather take this one, instead of indulging in "the big value offered" by 0.25-0.30 higher price for "over" for some totally unpredictable game, where guessing over/under is more like tossing a coin. Just my opinion.
Wowzers, wasn't expecting that. As i said, I've had a quick look and didnt fancy it. I noted both teams liked the overs, took a look at the price and decided that at a glance, the odds were at a level that I felt didn't merit anymore analysis. You have obviously found some stats that make you happy to take the price and thats your perogative. For what is worth, you may want to consider the BTTS too as in the 3 home games Man U have won to nil, 2 have been unders. Its around 1.62 with Boylesport I think. I also think that the 1-1 is the biggest threat to the overs shout here. As for the second part of your rant, I can't remember even mentioning the word 'value' on this forum so I can only assume its not directed at me.

Re: Manchester United v Liverpool > Sun 13th January This is not an easy match to bet one. 1. Rooney will miss this one. [http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20845749] 2. Doesn't matter how bad Liverpool has played they always find a way to raise their game against us. 3. In the last 6 years, except for that 1-4 loss (14 March 2009) we were unbeaten at home to Liverpool...in fact, we did beat them every time at Old Trafford. 4. We managed to keep two consecutive clean sheets in the last two games against West Brom and Wigan (2-0 and 0-4). 5. Vidic will probably start against West Ham later on today in the Cup so he is most likely gonna be on for the Liverpool clash. The problem is that he has been off for quite an while... United should win but with Rooney being out...it's no bet for me.

Re: Manchester United v Liverpool > Sun 13th January Man Utd win, and BTTS Both teams raise their game for this match every season, but with Utd being tough to beat at home, and they also have the best player in the league in Mr RVP this is a 3 pointer in the bag for the red devils. If pool start Sturidge and Suarez I can see them falling out with each other as both tens to shoot when better options available. Can see utd winning either 2-1 or 3-1 with Suarez anytime goal scorer. Liverpool beat a few of the bottom clubs and they suddenly a force in the PL and talking about top 4 is just plain silly IMO.

Re: Manchester United v Liverpool > Sun 13th January 1.8 is fairly reasonable for the home win imo. If I remember correctly United were priced around 1.66 when they played Arsenal at home, who are a better team than Liverpool, although obviously the rivalry and likelihood that Liverpool will raise their game should mean a tougher match for United but I'll happily back United at those odds, especially when you consider their results in the big games this season. BTTS is another bet I'm considering, given the form of Van Persie and Suarez at the moment, as well as United's defensive frailties this season I think this is highly likely. I can see this finishing 3-1 or something. I'll wait for team news anyway, wouldn't be surprised to see Rooney back for this

1.8 is fairly reasonable for the home win imo. If I remember correctly United were priced around 1.66 when they played Arsenal at home, who are a better team than Liverpool, although obviously the rivalry and likelihood that Liverpool will raise their game should mean a tougher match for United but I'll happily back United at those odds, especially when you consider their results in the big games this season. BTTS is another bet I'm considering, given the form of Van Persie and Suarez at the moment, as well as United's defensive frailties this season I think this is highly likely. I can see this finishing 3-1 or something. I'll wait for team news anyway, wouldn't be surprised to see Rooney back for this
:welcome For what it's worth I agree with you that United will win, I'm not as confident about both teams scoring though I wouldn't talk anyone against it - United have conceded to many teams inferior to Liverpool and will always have a chance of scoring with Suarez on the pitch. For greater odds you could combine your bet of Both Teams to Score & United win at 3.25 (9/4) with Skybet. Worth a punt, I reckon.

This is not an easy match to bet one. 1. Rooney will miss this one. [http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20845749] 2. Doesn't matter how bad Liverpool has played they always find a way to raise their game against us. 3. In the last 6 years, except for that 1-4 loss (14 March 2009) we were unbeaten at home to Liverpool...in fact, we did beat them every time at Old Trafford. 4. We managed to keep two consecutive clean sheets in the last two games against West Brom and Wigan (2-0 and 0-4). 5. Vidic will probably start against West Ham later on today in the Cup so he is most likely gonna be on for the Liverpool clash. The problem is that he has been off for quite an while... United should win but with Rooney being out...it's no bet for me.
Sorry but could you tell me the last time Rooney influenced a game against Liverpool. I could completely understand "no bet" if Van Persie was out but with Hernandez to replace Rooney its practically an upgrade going on this seasons form. Rooney very rarely performs against Liverpool for some reason so I certainly wouldn't let his absence put you off having a bet on this game. Man Utd -1 3.0 (2/1) Paddypower Man Utd 1.8 (4/5) Paddypower And as an outside bet depending on starting team Johnny Evans 1st goal 34.0 (33/1) and Anytime goal 11.0 (10/1) Paddypower Good luck.

Re: Manchester United v Liverpool > Sun 13th January As a Liverpool fan I'd expect us to lose. Won't be betting on it - I generally don't bet against my own team for both emotional and economic reasons - but we generally tend to lose at Old Trafford. We have huge amounts of possession (I've read that only Barcelona and Bayern have more possession in Europe's top leagues) but very little cutting edge, although this might (I stress might) be changing now. We were very good against Sunderland, the type of attacking performance that I've been praying for ever since Rafa left - the type United put in where their movement and drive are so good that you just know they're going to score - and Sturridge might bring something extra. His goal against Mansfield, Conference side they may be, was just the type of goal we've been lacking, a good through ball and a calm finish. We have also won 4 out of our last 6 games in the League, a record only United can better, and have generally looked a lot better now. Add to that Rooney being out and United's defensive problems, compounded by Vidic still not being 100%, and while United are still justifiably favourites. However, there's still enough of a doubt to convince me that this should be a NO BET, although I might dabble in GG.

Sorry but could you tell me the last time Rooney influenced a game against Liverpool. I could completely understand "no bet" if Van Persie was out but with Hernandez to replace Rooney its practically an upgrade going on this seasons form. Rooney very rarely performs against Liverpool for some reason so I certainly wouldn't let his absence put you off having a bet on this game. Man Utd -1 3.0 (2/1) Paddypower Man Utd 1.8 (4/5) Paddypower And as an outside bet depending on starting team Johnny Evans 1st goal 34.0 (33/1) and Anytime goal 11.0 (10/1) Paddypower Good luck.
I can tell you. He scored both goals in the 2-1 win at Old Trafford last season, the game where Suarez didn't shake Evra's hand.

Re: Manchester United v Liverpool > Sun 13th January Fedar you are spot on about the overs price. It doesn't matter how you look at this game and or what hunches you have on what might happen $1.64 is value every day of the week. As already metioned above.... 8 of the last 10 premier league fixtures between these 2 have been overs. 80% of man uniteds home games have been overs. 70% of liverpools away games have been overs. Should be a typical fast paced encounter where overs could be dusted by the hour mark. For what its worth i think the overs price should be around the $1.46 mark. Over 2.5 goals @ $1.64 betfair 7 points. Also like the chance of a sending off in this game but need to do more research.

No.He is their 12th player when they are on the road and their 13 at home
:rollin Aint that the truth. So on that basis a Manchester United Home win, Looks a stone wall. I have to add if Mark"ive got a porche with the reg C1 ATS" clattenburg was ref, Id fancy Liverpool, Im not 100% sure but im pretty sure there has not been many Liverpool games lost when he is in charge, ever since it was reviled he went on the summer tour of the states as a guest of Liverpool, just before the 2007-2008 season. So Liverpool supporters may complain here, but when he is in charge of their game, he is their 12th man on the road and 13 at home.

Re: Manchester United v Liverpool > Sun 13th January Still the biggest fixture in English football no doubt what so ever. Id be interested in the markets for Agger or Skrtel to score anytime after seeing Man Utds shocking defensive heading displays in the FA Cup against West Ham. Vidic and Evans are struggling with high balls at the moment with that poor aerial display against West Ham, Evans also turned in a Danny Simpson cross against Newcastle into his own goal. This interests me much as Skrtel in peticular has a real pedigree when attacking the ball, being powerful in the air. Also, I can see Suarez getting a bit of joy in this game. Nemanja Vidic has notoriously struggled against Liverpool, having been sent off twice already in games against us so I can see him having a mare against Suarez this time around. Obviously we're missing Jose Enrique which means either Downing will shift to left back or Johnson will go over to that side with Andre Wisdom coming in down the right. Id guess we would do the latter as Widsom had a good game vs Mansfield on Sunday and has played in high pressure matches before after playing at Everton earlier on this season. I would be inclined to go for over 2.5 goals as mentioned in this threat as these games are always high tempo games due to the legacy of the match with both sets of fans normally roaring eachother on from the very first whistle to the last. We always step up against Man Utd and make it a good contest. Correct Score - 2-1 Man Utd - 9.5 Correct Score - 2-1 Liverpool - 17 Martin Skrtel Anytime Scorer - 15 Daniel Agger Anytime Scorer - 15 All Best Priced with Stan James.