** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Stoke City v Chelsea > Sat 12th January

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Stoke City v Chelsea (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.92[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

I think Chelsea below evens away to Stoke would be a poor bet. I don't know the absentees for Stoke but they generally put in a decent show against top four opposition at home. Chelsea have drawn their last two visits to Stoke, and Stoke have only scored three goals against Chelsea in ten attempts, so you'd have to be backing either the draw, under 2.5 goals, or a Chelsea win by one.

Re: Stoke City v Chelsea > Sat 12th January Derekjcb: Shawcross played the last 2 games vs Man City and Crystal Palace. Chelsea backers please consider their congested fixture list due to the Premiership games backlogged due to FIFA WCC and Capital One cup. Notably we can expect their strongest 11 to start vs Swansea in the first leg of the cup semi final 3 days before the Stoke game. I favour the draw or Stoke on the Asian handicap due to Stoke's excellent unbeaten home record but won't try to predict Rafa's starting 11 or place any bets till we see the team sheets.

Re: Stoke City v Chelsea > Sat 12th January Half-time result DRAW: 6/5 Betvictor Stoke are well-known for their resilience and have a decent record against the top teams. They'll look to frustrate Chelsea and be happy to grind away first and really put in a shift and anything above that is a bonus. Also, Rafa tends not to worry too much about getting early leads, instead preferring not to be behind at any point then taking the lead in the second half. Of Chelsea's 20 PL matches: 9 have been drawing at HT Of Stoke's 21 PL matches: 11 have been drawing at HT The reverse fixture earlier in the season didn't see a goal until the 85th minute. I think both teams will be satisfied going in at half-time level and so will back this with 5 units. Good luck.

Re: Stoke City v Chelsea > Sat 12th January I would not touch Chelsea unless I knew BA was playing. Torres will bottle this against stoke, he is being carried at the moment, and for a long time before. If he plays chelsea dont stand a chance. Wait for the teams id say.

Re: Stoke City v Chelsea > Sat 12th January Chelsea won 8 out of the last 10 games against Stoke, both home and away. However, the last 2 games between these two at Brittania Stadium ended 0-0 and 1-1 respectively. Can't find anything decent in this game at the moment, but draw looks very likely at the moment.

Re: Stoke City v Chelsea > Sat 12th January The best thing is to wait starting lineups, because if BA play Chelsea is different club, he has no fear and free to score from any position with head, leg, can stop the ball and make good pass to Mata and Hazard. If SLOW Torres play there is nothing good will happen with Chelsea. My bet will be Chelsea and over - 3.2//With BA// no bet without him

Re: Stoke City v Chelsea > Sat 12th January

The best thing is to wait starting lineups' date=' because if BA play Chelsea is different club, he has no fear and free to score from any position with head, leg, can stop the ball and make good pass to Mata and Hazard. If SLOW Torres play there is nothing good will happen with Chelsea. My bet will be Chelsea and over - 3.2//With BA// no bet without him[/quote'] I think Ba isn´t better as Torres for playing at Stoke. Ba will be in good Hands by Huth and Shawcross, because head will equalized by the 2 "towers" from Stoke. A good striker for playing against Stoke is a quickly and technical player like Suarez. With this playes the Stoke defenders had lod more probs as with players type like Torres and Ba. But Mata and Hazard has chances to create good shooting postions because there technical level is much higher than these Potters defence. I think Draw tomorow is a good pick.

I think Ba isn´t better as Torres for playing at Stoke. Ba will be in good Hands by Huth and Shawcross' date=' because head will equalized by the 2 "towers" from Stoke. A good striker for playing against Stoke is a quickly and technical player like Suarez. With this playes the Stoke defenders had lod more probs as with players type like Torres and Ba. But Mata and Hazard has chances to create good shooting postions because there technical level is much higher than these Potters defence. I think Draw tomorow is a good pick.[/quote'] I have to disagree, with the BA v Torres statement, BA is hungry for the number 1 centre forward position, he will put it in, and were it hurts. Torres has shown nothing this season to say he will do that. Im not arguing they will find it difficult against stoke, but Chelsea will fare better with BA on the pitch. IMO

Re: Stoke City v Chelsea > Sat 12th January Yes i also think so, but i also think that Ba is not that type of player who can "destroy" the Stoke Defenders Huth and Shawcross. Ba and Torres are type of Players which Stoke Defence can be easier to play. I write some Preview to Stoke-Liverpool and said that Suarez are the type of player who can made it difficult for Stoke Defenders. So Suarez made not a good game but after One Minute he became a penalty because he´s tricky and had fast speed. Thats what the Defenders of Stoke not Like. Maybe Mata/Oscar to score had value, if these players will play.

Re: Stoke City v Chelsea > Sat 12th January I think this is a tricky game to call - Stoke have an amazing home record this season and haven't lost at home for 18 games now I think. Chelsea on the other hand have got the knack of beating Stoke at the Brittania, they alway seem to win there....or maybe that's my selective memory. If I was forced to wager on the result I would probably have to plump for Chelsea, on the proviso that they start with Ba, Mata, Hazard and Moses. None of Benitez's wacky QPR selections or this is a no bet for me. Of the other options available I think BTTS is a great shout as Stoke have conceded a few of late but they also tend to score at home as well. But I think if anything I fancy a small stakes bet on the cards market. Andre Marriner is officiating this one and has an average of over 3 yellows per game - couple this with Stoke being bottom of the fair play index and Chelsea having David Luiz on the pitch, I can see the ref reaching for his pocket a few times. Always a bit of a gamble but.... 4pts on over 30pts @ 1.9 2pts on over 40pts @ 2.87 both with PaddyPower

Re: Stoke City v Chelsea > Sat 12th January I don't know what affect if any it will have but it's worth noting that Benitez has been and helped Stoke training sessions a number of times over the last couple of years. So he will know exactly what Pulis works on tactically e.t.c. It's a small point but something that helps Chelsea. I agree with Jase's summary overall though. A low scoring game which will either result in the draw or Chelsea winning by 1 goal.

Re: Stoke City v Chelsea > Sat 12th January I will go for Chelsea in this one even though they will most surely struggle as any team that plays on Britannia Stadium.The main reason I like Chelsea is simply because Stoke doesn't look as a big threat for Chelsea's defense,they scored 14 goals in 10 matches at home but 9 of them were in the last 4 matches against Southampton,Liverpool,Everton and Newcastle,apart from Everton,they were all in the bottom half of the table.Chelsea has the best defense in the league and it's also the 2nd best team away. Hazard,Mata and propbably Oscar will start behind the striker.They're all capable of creating chances,they possess a great technique and this will bring trouble to that Stoke rigid defense. I also read that Demba Ba will start which is a plus for Chelsea.He is a great striker,in good form and he's willing to prove that he deserves the spot in front of Torres.Benitez has a lot of experience and will know exactly what to say to the players after the disastrous result at home against Swansea.They'll bounce back. The offensive potential of Chelsea will put an end to Stoke's unbeaten run at home. Chelsea @ 1.95 bet365

Re: Stoke City v Chelsea > Sat 12th January At first, I wanted to go on Chelsea but their performance against Swansea was poor once again. The fans want Benitez out as well as Torres who flopped once again. Benitez is to blame for not playing Ba right from the start. Ivanovic failed both times when Swansea scored and Turnbull is no real replacement for Cech. So I won't be going on Chelsea.

Yes i also think so' date=' but i also think that Ba is not that type of player who can "destroy" the Stoke Defenders Huth and Shawcross. Ba and Torres are type of Players which Stoke Defence can be easier to play. I write some Preview to Stoke-Liverpool and said that Suarez are the type of player who can made it difficult for Stoke Defenders. So Suarez made not a good game but after One Minute he became a penalty because he´s tricky and had fast speed. Thats what the Defenders of Stoke not Like. Maybe Mata/Oscar to score had value, if these players will play.[/quote'] Ba scored a hattrick away to Stoke with Newcastle back in October 2011.

Re: Stoke City v Chelsea > Sat 12th January Yes that´s right. But players are not mechanics. Everyone had good and bad days. So this was fantastic from Ba in October. But one of them was penalty. And last 2 Games beetwen Stoke and Newcastle, Newcastle shoot 4 goals and Ba could not scored in this 180 Minutes.

I think Ba will be a better choice here. Simply because the Stoke defenders will lap up Torres as they're probably better equipped at dealing with the technical players. Torres has only scored once against Stoke in the Premier League, where as Ba is probably more of a direct powerful physical forward that Stoke will struggle with.

Re: Stoke City v Chelsea > Sat 12th January John Terry on the court since the 11th November last year, when he suffered an injury in a match against Liverpool in a duel with Luis Suarez. After a two month break, captain of the "pumice" will be ready for the match against Souk, which is scheduled for Saturday from 16h to "Kingdom" Stadium. Besides the captain, returns between the goalposts and Petr Cech, who was injured in a match against Everton, before the New Year. At the beginning of this calendar year, his place was taken by Ross Turnbull. Chelsea under the command Benitez played by hot-cold system, and the Spanish coach hopes to return two experienced players and players relaxed and be more stable. "This is great news for us. Return two experienced and top players will certainly make a difference. "Said Benitez.

Half-time result DRAW: 6/5 Betvictor Stoke are well-known for their resilience and have a decent record against the top teams. They'll look to frustrate Chelsea and be happy to grind away first and really put in a shift and anything above that is a bonus. Also, Rafa tends not to worry too much about getting early leads, instead preferring not to be behind at any point then taking the lead in the second half. Of Chelsea's 20 PL matches: 9 have been drawing at HT Of Stoke's 21 PL matches: 11 have been drawing at HT The reverse fixture earlier in the season didn't see a goal until the 85th minute. I think both teams will be satisfied going in at half-time level and so will back this with 5 units. Good luck.
Seconds away. B*stard! :puke