** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

BDO: Gary Stone v Steve Douglas

MiddleMan

Two Australian books are offering odds of $2.55 on Gary Stone to defeat Steve Douglas on Saturday. Ladbrokes is offering $2.10 on Douglas defeating Stone, which identifies that one of the books has made an error. Upon further investigation, I believe Stone should be favourite, so the odds offered by Centrebet and Sportingbet (they work together, so their odds are identical 99% of the time) appear to be a mistake. I'll be honest, I don't know a heap about darts (I have only recently started to follow it), so I have taken the time to do some research. Stone is ranked 39th in the darts database rankings, compared to Douglas' ranking of 60th. The Red Dragon rankings have Stone ranked 49th and Douglas ranked 61st. Douglas is ranked 16th in the official BDO rankings, compared to Stone being ranked 20th. Douglas is ranked 14th in the PDF official rankings, compared to Stone's ranking of 21st. This is perhaps the reason why Sportingbet and Centrebet Australia have Stone as the favourite to win the match. The other thing I researched were the odds on both players winning the tournament. There's not a whole lot between them, but the shortest odds for Douglas are $51, compared to Stone $41. You can't find anything greater than odds of $67 on Stone winning the tournament, but there are three agencies offering $101 that Douglas wins the tournament. Is anyone willing to offer their two cents and confirm that the odds offered by Sportingbet and Centrebet are more than generous?

Re: BDO: Gary Stone v Steve Douglas Hi I believe this game was originally priced up 4/7 douglas 5/4 stone. I thought Stone was value at this price as he is improving and has played at a good level recently. Douglas has been average in his performances at the Lakeside. Match was pulled by the UK books after Douglas had a heart scare. I am not sure he is a confirmed runner. Wish him all the best. If you can get on stone at 2.55 I would say it is an excellent price.