** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2013 PL Fantasy Golf League - £20 for Winner

Aidymac

Hello folks, I have set up a fantasy golf league for 2013. It is done through yahoo, and is a great competition. STARTS 4th January, REGISTER BEFORE THEN! 1. Go to http://golf.fantasysports.yahoo.com/ and you need to create your own user name; click on Sign Up Now button. You will have to set up a Yahoo ID too if you don't already have one. 2. Once you have your own user name set up, click on the link for Join a Group, and then Select Join a Private Group. 3. You will then be asked to enter the group ID and Password: Group ID is 6783, and the password is aidymac (all lower case, one word). 4. You will then be part of the group; it is called PL Fantasy Golf Some things to note: -picks must be in by deadline, and when you set your account up, you can choose to get email reminders one or two days in advance. From past years, it is a good idea to always check your picks the night before to make sure they haven't WD from the tourney. -for each week, you must pick 1 A player, 2 B players, and one C, along with the same # for the bench. You can use a player a maximum 10 times through the season. If you sub someone in from the bench, it counts as using them, along with the player you have subbed out. -if you are inactive for 3 consecutive weeks, you will be dropped from the group. I do this because some guys quit making picks if they are doing poorly etc...if you are inactive for a good reason, then email me and I will not drop you. My name in the group is aidymac. -I have set the pool up with the Mulligan Option. This means that your lowest week for each segment is dropped at the end of the segment. This allows for the mulligan if you have a terrible week, or if something comes up and you forget to make picks one week, it won't kill your pool. - There are a total of 3 segments: Winter, Spring and Summer, and then an overall season race. Yahoo gives out gifts for winning weeks, segments and seasons. I will also do my best to make sure there is an overall prize for the winner, no guarantee, but any free bets or anything I win, I will donate to this competition. I sincerely hope a good few people partake in this competition, because it is fun, makes each week's golf very interesting, and will hopefully entice a few new people into the golf section of the forum. Your support will be very much appreciated. Aidy :loon

Re: 2013 PL Fantasy Golf League - Starts 4th Jan

I'm in' date=' though still not quite sure how the game works. How does Rickie Fowler end up in the C group?[/quote'] I don't think the groups are any reflection on a players ability mate, I think there is a reason for it though, although not sure what reason.

Re: 2013 PL Fantasy Golf League - Starts 4th Jan Hey Aidymac, just joined your league and thought I'd introduce myself, my name's Damian and I've set up the team Subliminal Magic. I've never done the fantasy thing before, but have bet on the golf (the odds are just too good sometimes!) so looking forward to it.

Hey Aidymac' date=' just joined your league and thought I'd introduce myself, my name's Damian and I've set up the team Subliminal Magic. I've never done the fantasy thing before, but have bet on the golf (the odds are just too good sometimes!) so looking forward to it.[/quote'] Hi Pimp :welcometo PL, and good luck in your endeavours !!

Hello all Is this now going to replace the regular golf competition here or is that also going to continue? I'd just prefer to continue on this site rather than having to register somewhere else, to be honest.
Aye, it is replacing it mate. To be honest, the other competition took a lot of work for Stewart, and to be fair to the lad, he doesn't have the time to do it anymore. It takes 2 mins to sign up mate, you aren't registering with another forum or anything, you pick your 4 golfers and on you go, and this time I plan to get a couple of prizes, and Yahoo offer good monthly prizes and yearly ones also. I think it is a good format, and I will be posting all the tables and details throughout on this thread mate.

Think I'm in time? Last minute as ever! Cheers for setting up Aidy!
Doesn't start until 7:30PM tomorrow mate, it is on in Hawaii. Friday - Monday this weekend. Thanks for signing up Perry mate.

I meant after every round' date=' not week. Seems you can bring on players from the bench mid tournament, am i right?[/quote'] I was of the opinion that you use your subs if there is a late withdrawal Graham. I don't see a link for the rules, oddly.

Re: 2013 PL Fantasy Golf League - Starts 4th Jan Before each tournament round, you must select a starting foursome via your Team page. This active group must include one golfer from the A List, two from the B List, and one from the C List. To activate a golfer, swap him into the "My Foursome" section at the top of your roster and then click Submit. A message appears below your roster of players if you don't have the required number of golfers active in one or more groups. Non-activated (bench) golfers on your roster don't score points for your team, but can be activated for future rounds during the tournament. If you change a golfer's status, you must click Submit, or your moves aren't saved. If you want to use the same active golfers for each round of a tournament, no action is required on your part after you initially activate the golfers. Your lineup carries forward unchanged through each round of the tournament if you don't make any changes. Not 100% sure what this means, slightly confused. !!!!!!!!!!!

Re: 2013 PL Fantasy Golf League - Starts 4th Jan Yeah, it means if one of your players misses the cut for example so wont be in the final two rounds you can swap them for any players that are on your subs bench (wont apply in this tournament with only 30 players). Or you can just swap if you think a player is out of form or something. All changes need to be made before the round starts of course. :ok

Yeah, it means if one of your players misses the cut for example so wont be in the final two rounds you can swap them for any players that are on your subs bench (wont apply in this tournament with only 30 players). Or you can just swap if you think a player is out of form or something. All changes need to be made before the round starts of course. :ok
Well that is good mate, cos the people who actually watch the golf will gain an advantage, so tactics will be employed.