** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Italian Cup > 8th Jan - 16th Jan

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 8 January 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Lazio v Catania (18:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.88[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.99 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 9 January 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Juventus v AC Milan (18:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.77[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.27 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 15 January 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Internazionale v Bologna (18:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.81 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 16 January 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Fiorentina v AS Roma (18:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.88[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.17 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Italian Cup > 8th Jan - 16th Jan Its still a couple of days away and as always with cup ties I’d like to wait for more team news, but given the prices it does look like it could be worth going against Lazio here. The price is up to 3.70 on the draw and 5.0 on the away win. I’m not convinced that this competition is Lazio’s priority at the moment, given that after todays results they somehow still find themselves in touch with Juve and sitting comfortably in one of the Champions League places. Remaining in the top three has got to be the main aim now and with the Biancocelesti still in the Europa League as well, I’d be surprised if the manager doesn’t take an opportunity to drop a few for this one. He fielded a weakened team with the exception of Hernanes & Lulic in the last round and there were just able to scrape through with a 90+ minute equaliser before eventually seeing of Siena on penalties. Obviously we have just come out of a winter break so fatigue isn’t going to be that much of an issue but Petkovic may well want to prevent any injuries to key men that could derail what is currently a strong season. Catania have fielded slighty more full strength teams in the previous rounds and its already been indicated that both Lodi (suspended for the next league match) and Gomez will more than likely start this match. Catania are in a comfortable mid table position at the moment, well clear of relegation but also 8 points of Europe so this competition offers them a better opportunity to reach the Europa League in my opinion, a goal the coach has said is worth going for. Lets not forget either than Catania thumped Lazio in the league 4-0 earlier this season, and the gulf between these two even considering Catania's relatively poor away form clearly isn’t as wide as the odds suggest.

Re: Italian Cup > 8th Jan - 16th Jan I like Catania also today on some kind of handicap. Even tho' they drew to Torino, they played pretty well and had many opportunities as well a missed penalty and they played in 10 men form minute 13. If Lazio gonna rest several players there could be good odds caught on Catania in this one :)

Re: Italian Cup > 8th Jan - 16th Jan Lazio have named a strong squad. I would be surprised if it is a full-strength XI. Lazio have not been firing on all cylinders for a long time and they certainly looked a bit rusty at the weekend. If a full-strength XI is named then I'd say Lazio are just about value. If they rest even one big player then I think it moves over to Catania +0.5. Lazio are deep in a fight for CL football while Catania already know they are safe for another season. One to monitor over the next few hours.

Re: Italian Cup > 8th Jan - 16th Jan Goalkeepers: Bizzarri, Carrizo, Strakosha; Defenders: Biava, Cavanda, Diakite, Konko, Radu, Scaloni, Zauri, Ciani; Midfielders: Cana, Ledesma, Candreva, Lulic, Gonzalez, Brocchi, Hernanes, Mauri; Forwards: Floccari, Kozak, Rozzi, Klose

Re: Italian Cup > 8th Jan - 16th Jan First 11's here; http://www.gazzetta.it/trsport/tempo-reale/tabellino.shtml?match_config=483657.json&comp=259&day= Its a very similar lineup by Lazio to the one that faced Siena in the last round. Hernanes & Lulic are in but most of the other key men, the likes of Klose, Candreva & Ledesma are sat on the bench. Catania have gone pretty strong in midfield and attack but that defence isn't ideal, with Spolli and Alverez both injured and Marchese and Andular on the bench, there is question marks in my mind over that back 5. You can certainly argue for value on Catania but with that defence maybe not as much as I would have liked. I'm now moving towards the goal markets, as with second choice defensive lineups for both teams but some decent attack minded players still on the pitch, goals are pretty likely. Certainly both teams generally see goals in their league matches, Lazio have had 7 from 10 home games go over this season and on the road Catania have seen 6 from 9 games go over. Over 2.5 goals 1.93 at Bet Victor (2 /10 units) Over 3.5 goals 3.25 at Bet365 (1 / 10 unit) :hope

Re: Italian Cup > 8th Jan - 16th Jan Small profit tonight :ok Tomorrow’s match is looking like a no bet for me. The Juve manager Conte confirmed in his press conference today that he’ll be rotating his squad for this one to give a few others a chance. It’s highly unlikely that we’ll see Pirlo or Buffon, Cheillini and Marchisio are injured as is Vucinic (who should make the bench), but despite all this Juve have such a great squad that they can bring in some excellent replacements as well as keeping a few core players like Vidal & most of the back 3. It makes them hard to bet against but on the other hand I don’t see their current price of around 1.80 as offering any value given the changes. If it can drift a bit further then maybe I might take a second look. Anything around evens I’ll be happy with. Milan have got numerous injuries, and whilst they have taken a strong squad and may well field the strongest team possible, I just don’t think they are good enough to back even at these high odds. We didn’t get much in terms of team selection from Allegri at his press conference so always a risk that he might rotate as well.

Re: Italian Cup > 8th Jan - 16th Jan Juventus v AC Milan Both teams to Score @1,62 (bwin) 7/10 A meeting of two teams that recently played very good football. Milan played a good game at home against the worst team in the league. They were celebrating the 2-1 with a very good game, a lot of attacks, a lot of missed opportunities. On the other hand Juventus was unlucky team lost to Sampdoria 1-2 at home. It can be said that Juventus had no luck with a good attacking game and throughout the game, did not realize some surefire opportunities, primarily referring to Giovinco, even in man failed to achieve a favorable result. Both teams must achieve at least one goal in this game.

Re: Italian Cup > 8th Jan - 16th Jan I don't think Fiorentina or Roma will be particularly psyched for this match. Both are in a bit of trouble right now, but I think the Coppa will be more of an annoyance than a shot at redemption. Both have big matches at the weekend, in which a result is imperative. Roma are without Totti, Lamela and Osvaldo. The latter could be a possibility, but I would want him ready for Inter, so I don't think he'll be risked. Destro would lead the line again while two options to flank him would be Lopez and Marquinho. If Fiorentina take this seriously, I'd definitely take them. If both decide to 'experiment', I'd rate it quite evenly, and Roma at 3.00 could interest me. Regarding the other match, I think I'd fade Inter right now.

Re: Italian Cup > 8th Jan - 16th Jan Roma Totti and Osvaldo and third forward Lamela out in this match Here are FIORENTINA official called up players by coach Vincenzo Montella for the Coppa Italia Quarterfinals, Fiorentina v AS Roma to be played on Wednesday 16 January 2013 at the Artemio Franchi Stadium at 21:00. Goalkeepers: Lupatelli, Neto, Viviano Defenders: Camporese, Pasqual, Rodriguez, Roncaglia, Savic, Romulo, Tomovic Midfielders: Aquilani, Borja Valero, Cuadrado, Fernandez, Llama, Migliaccio, Olivera, Pizarro Forwards: Jovetic, Ljajic, Seferovic, Toni

Re: Italian Cup > 8th Jan - 16th Jan Apparently DDR, Bradley and Florenzi can't all play in midfield together, but Florenzi can play as left forward? It's cute how devoted Zeman is to his tactics, but if he plays Florenzi there, then he should be sacked. Anyway, I don't quite believe it, or don't want to, so I wont focus on it. Roma are in trouble up front for this one. Zeman wont ditch the 4-3-3 but is seriously lacking players to fill the front 3. Destro is central, while Pjanic will definitely be on the right. It's far from ideal but is a must tomorrow. The left side is problematic. Dodo, Taddei, and apparently Florenzi, are all awkward choices. I'm pretty sure they will play like this: Goi Piris Marq Burdisso Balza DDR Tachtsidis Bradley Pjanic Destro ? This team really lacks a cutting edge at the moment. Destro's confidence is through the floor, but playing time is a shot at redemption. DDR is in limbo, turning up one week, and being completely absent another. The rest are just as inconsistent. With a full-team it is fair to say you don't know which Roma will turn up. With this team, it is a little more clear which one will. There are massive absences and morale is not high at the moment. I think Montella will go hard for this win. He has said the Coppa means a lot to Fiorentina, and I believe that. He will also want to beat Roma due to the lack of respect they have twice shown him as a manager. I doubt it will be a full-strength team, but a decent D is possible even with a couple of rests. Pasqual and Cuadrado will be key, as replacing them looks a bit harder. Somebody can afford to be rested in CM. Jovetic has not been that great recently, but if chosen will offer a sharpness that is otherwise lacking. I haven't seen a predicted line up yet, but it looks like a home win to me. Lineups and prices will need to be considered tomorrow, but a stuffing is very possible in this.

Re: Italian Cup > 8th Jan - 16th Jan Marquinho (midfielder) is the player removed from the squad. Marquinhos needs minutes after his injury so I think he'll start tonight. Fiorentina are 'predicted': Viviano; Roncaglia, Rodriguez, Savic; Cuadrado, Aquilani, Migliaccio, Romulo, Pasqual; Jovetic, Toni It seems about right. Possibly Rodriguez or ROncaglia could be rested. I fancy Fiorentina in this and imagine it will be a very open match. I don't imagine that Roma will be pumped for this match and there are always gaps to be exploited. I think the price will move in a bit more today, so I am having a small play on Fiorentina to stomp them at home. Fiorentina -1.5 - 3.200 - 2 points - Bet365

Re: Italian Cup > 8th Jan - 16th Jan Roma have gone 3-4-3 in this one. Fiorentina: Neto, Tomovic, Rodriguez, Savic; Cuadrado, Migliaccio, Aquilani, Borja Valero, Pasqual; Jovetic, Toni Roma: Goicoechea; Marquinhos, Castan, Burdisso; Piris, De Rossi, Bradley, Balzaretti; Pjanic, Destro, Florenzi It's quite incredible that Florenzi is left attacker. I'm not sure how advanced Balza and Piris will play but there is added potential for the team dynamic to be unsettled.

Re: Italian Cup > 8th Jan - 16th Jan That was a really poor football match. It's currently extra-time, but I don't think it will be any different, and my bet is lost anyway. Fiorentina were really, really flat. Lacked intensity and passion. Their was no fluency in their game and they never applied a period of pressure. Roma was much the same. -2.