** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January

Aidymac

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January Cant help thinking that Chelsea are also likely to make changes here and rest a few big guns Harrys plan surely has to be and do exactly what they didn`t do against Liverpool in 1st half and close down and frustrate Chelsea, with this in mind there probably is more value in the unders, cant see QPR scoring more than 1 if any and so a 2-1 3-0 Chelsea would be ok. Im sure many of you think i`m mad but can defo see Chelsea win but not a drubbing Under 3.5 @ 1.78 Betfair

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January Two things, Chelsea will rest players and QPR simply cannot be that bad again. Their performance was a F____g disgrace against an average Liverpool. Could have been 5-0 down at home at half time !!! Harry's job is not to give up, and get the max out of what is available. Nothing else is acceptable. Having said this .... He will probably go for 5 4 1 formation which will probably unravel if / when Chelsea score. After the 1st goal QPR will have to chase the game, and will be taken to pieces again. So the question is : Will Chelsea score in the 1st half ? If you think yes, then the best bet is Chelsea to win both halves at 11/10.

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January so who do you think chelsea will rotate in? who will qpr play? I know my post was too long but I laid out that chelsea wont drop much in quality no matter who they play cant see him playing two of piazon and ferreira and ake and marin. maybe one and even then any substitute coming in will be quality.. QPR cant play same players again. half the team is rubbish and branded by redknapp. they are bought to play fine football not to defend vs chelsea. I tell you some guys are frustrated at qpr.. not much time until one will snap and qpr with 10 men falling apart im taking big handicaps cause chelsea wont have remorse with qpr. Chelsea wont drop concentration cause they know dropping points here means everton win was useless. did anyone see how qpr dropped their shoulders after first.pool goal? pool was very kind to accept the game ending 3:0. qpr isnt a team build to defend and they are also not capable of an organized pressing. Redknapp blasting his players wont give them motivation in this situation..it will pull them even deeper benitez knows letting them loose in this game crushing qpr will turn around the fans for good and probably a longer time to coach chelsea.

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January Cheslea -2 (EH) @ 2.50 sportsbet Doubt that Chelsea will allow themselves to be complacent here as they are 14 points off Man Utd and dropping points, even at this stage of the season, could ruin any chance of fighting for the title. Another aspect they may consider is the need for goals, as they have a goal differential of 5 less goals to Man Utd, and that too may come into consideration later on in the season. While they have the chance, they will put poor teams to the sword as shown against Aston Villa, they did not let up when the game was in the bag, and put 8 past them. With Liverpool hitting them for three, then expect Chelsea, at home, to also put up at least this many. Torres scored a hat trick in the corresponding fixture as Chelsea won 6-1, and this is a great opportunity for him to add to his 7 goals, as he is 7 behind the leader van Persie 61-120 (-29.60)

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January No bet for me at the moment, as Chelsea may rest players here...That may just be there undoing. RB has players playing in a system, If he plays his best available, they should win by at least 2, However I have been caught out by Chelsea before resting players,,,They drew at home against Fulham a few weeks ago, off a simmilar price. I will check the sides out first, if he does rest players, they may become a lay, QPR are now like a rabbid dog backed into a corner, with a tiny bit of hope...They will fight tooth n nail here beware... GL all

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January I would avoid this game as the odds for a Chelsea victory are atrocious for a club which has... - failed to score in two of their last three Premier League encounters with QPR - .Rangers have kept only two clean sheets all season but one was against Chelsea -

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January Chelsea -1 Much like everyone else, I believe Chelsea will win this quite easily. They have come into a run of form and need to win to keep up with the rest of the title challengers. I dont believe players will be rested, they simply need the points and have to win. Rafa cannot afford to drop points here as they already trail Mancherster utd by some distance. QPR have been woeful, and they are due a result at some point. However I do not believe it is today. Everyone is backing Chelsea to demolish them, I dont think they will and think it will be 2-0 to 3-0. GL all!

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech is expected to miss the visit of QPR after injuring himself in Sunday's win at Everton. The Czech international was forced off at half-time with an adductor problem and his replacement Ross Turnbull will deputise at Stamford Bridge. Midfielder John Obi Mikel missed the Goodison Park victory with a knee injury but it is not deemed serious by manager Rafael Benitez. QPR have no fresh injury doubts for the game. The Rs did not pick up any new knocks in the 3-0 home defeat to Liverpool, although Park Ji-sung remains a doubt. Strikers Andrew Johnson (knee) and Bobby Zamora (hip) are sidelined with long-term injuries. Chelsea have failed to score in two of their last three Premier League encounters with QPR. Rangers have kept only two clean sheets all season but one was against Chelsea. QPR have never scored more than once in their 11 Premier League games against Chelsea. Frank Lampard has now scored five or more goals in each of the last 16 Premier League seasons. Chelsea have won all five games in which Frank Lampard has found the back of the net this season. Chelsea have won 10 of 11 games in which Frank Lampard has played in the league this season (D1), winning just one of the eight he has missed. QPR have conceded 11 goals from corners this season, more than any other side. QPR are the 15th top-flight team to have 10 or fewer pts (based on 3pts/win) from 20 games. The previous 14 all went down. Frank Lampard has scored a goal every 87.8 minutes this season, only Javier Hernandez has a faster rate. If Lampard is rested, based on the above...What price Chelsea?

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January

Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech is expected to miss the visit of QPR after injuring himself in Sunday's win at Everton. The Czech international was forced off at half-time with an adductor problem and his replacement Ross Turnbull will deputise at Stamford Bridge. Midfielder John Obi Mikel missed the Goodison Park victory with a knee injury but it is not deemed serious by manager Rafael Benitez. QPR have no fresh injury doubts for the game. The Rs did not pick up any new knocks in the 3-0 home defeat to Liverpool, although Park Ji-sung remains a doubt. Strikers Andrew Johnson (knee) and Bobby Zamora (hip) are sidelined with long-term injuries. Chelsea have failed to score in two of their last three Premier League encounters with QPR. Rangers have kept only two clean sheets all season but one was against Chelsea. QPR have never scored more than once in their 11 Premier League games against Chelsea. Frank Lampard has now scored five or more goals in each of the last 16 Premier League seasons. Chelsea have won all five games in which Frank Lampard has found the back of the net this season. Chelsea have won 10 of 11 games in which Frank Lampard has played in the league this season (D1), winning just one of the eight he has missed. QPR have conceded 11 goals from corners this season, more than any other side. QPR are the 15th top-flight team to have 10 or fewer pts (based on 3pts/win) from 20 games. The previous 14 all went down. Frank Lampard has scored a goal every 87.8 minutes this season, only Javier Hernandez has a faster rate. If Lampard is rested, based on the above...What price Chelsea?
3-4 players missing according to redknapp. I guess its a code for players who messed up not playing.. Cisse wont play so they probably have mackie up front.. This game wont be about Lampard. I guess he will play in some way. If QPR gets behind early chances are big they crumble the same as vs. pool. Then its about chelsea..if they go slow as pool did then it might end not too high. All about early goal yes or not.

3-4 players missing according to redknapp. I guess its a code for players who messed up not playing.. Cisse wont play so they probably have mackie up front.. This game wont be about Lampard. I guess he will play in some way. If QPR gets behind early chances are big they crumble the same as vs. pool. Then its about chelsea..if they go slow as pool did then it might end not too high. All about early goal yes or not.
Chelsea have won 10 of 11 games in which Frank Lampard has played in the league this season (D1), winning just one of the eight he has missed. This stat is by far and away the most important, if he dont play, Then i am saying they are not the price they deserve to be, add the rookie keeper in the mix, and then I come out at about..1.55, So I will lay them if he does not start.

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January Fwiw, in my database of large public favorites, in EPL when the lpf is favored by -2, they cover more often than not: 22-14-12 in my list. Whereas when the odds on offer are for -1.5 or 2.5, the underdog tends to cover. Not sure why that is. Also has held true in Spain Primera. This surprises me a little, but when the underdog is at evens or better for +2, they tend not to cover, whereas when the odds for +2 are 1.8 (as they are now), the dogs do much better. The public is generally right in this case, which always surprises me.

Chelsea -1.75 AH 1.90 @ Bet365 - I think Chelsea should win by at least 2 tonight as QPR are simply so poor atm and lack any fighting spirit in their side. Chelsea have put 5 past Leeds and 8 past Villa in the last few weeks and they have also managed to dig deep with two good away wins at Norwich and Everton since then. The only way this bet can completely lose is if Chelsea win by 1, it's a draw or god forbid QPR win! Chelsea are on a roll atm under Benitez and I fully expect that to continue tonight against a woeful QPR side. Chelsea to score over 2.5 goals 5/6 @ Bet365 - I struggle to see how QPR are going to get anything out of this game tonight as most of the players except Derry, Mackie etc. do not look interested. Harry Redknapp is not the greatest manager as a tactician. His success mainly comes from his man management and motivational skills as a coach. However, it doesn't look like even his man management is working at the R's at the moment. When you go to a place like Stamford Bridge you need to have fight and right now QPR do not have that. On Sunday, it was embarrassingly easy for Liverpool to cut through them particularly for Suarez first goal. I would be a little bit surprised if Chelsea didn't manage to put 3 past QPR tonight particularly considering Chelsea put 8 past Villa in their last home game. Chelsea to score over 3.5 goals 12/5 @ Bet365 - This price of 12/5 looks tempting to me for Chelsea to score 4+ tonight. Chelsea obviously have the quality in their side to score a lot of goals as shown against Villa. If Chelsea are on song tonight and in the mood then I don't see no reason why they can't put 4 past QPR. Good Luck all Sent from my iPhone using PL Forum app

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January I am hoping for early goals in this one. I've gone three units over 1.5 goals in the first half @ +120 and over 2.5 first half goals @ +380. Chelsea's last home game produced three first half goals. QPR's last game produced three first half goals. Added to that the fact Cech is missing, and you never know, QPR could get on the score sheet early.

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January After they lost to Corinthians,Chelsea recovered and are now on a winning streak that I definitely think it won't stop tonight,especially against the worst team in the league.With only 10 points,QPR needs a miracle to play in the PL next year and I personally don't see that happening. The facts that need to be taken into consideration here are that Chelsea has only won by 3 or more in PL against Norwich in october(4-1),and against Villa ( 8 -0);QPR got nothing to lose and I don;t think Redknapp will "chose" matches to play,they need points and fast;also ,Chelsea will settle for a small win and why not QPR to score a goal at least,they scored more than West Ham and Stoke in away games and with Czech missing,Taarabt can come up with something I'm sure;QPR received 3 goals in away matches at United(1-3),City (1-3) and WBA(2-3). I believe Chelsea will somehow struggle in offense if Benitez will make changes and HR motivates his team to just "run" and "concentrate" more;after all they're not bad players individually but they need to start playing as a team. As someone said ,this is EPL,anyone cand beat anyone . I will take the +3 QPR @ 1.44 Ladbrokes doubled with over 0.5 1st half at Newcastle-Everton at 1.36 odds.

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January Will be going for the card market, first time i'm having this sort of bet, but I think there will be a fair number of cards, with Luiz, Cahill and M'bia (if they feature of course) looking likely to be booked, derby atmosphere and all.

Will be going for the card market' date=' first time i'm having this sort of bet, but I think there will be a fair number of cards, with Luiz, Cahill and M'bia (if they feature of course) looking likely to be booked, derby atmosphere and all.[/quote'] The card market tonight is at Newcastle...Martin Atkinson, deals them out like a poker dealer...Average 4 a game m8...Free money in that game

Looking for anything in our favour and all I can find is Turnbull being in goal as he is possibly our only chance of upsetting Chelsea here I expect Harry will change his line up for this one with my team showing some changes from Sunday As follows Green Fabio Nelsen Hill Onohua Traore Mbia Faurlin Mackie Taraabt Cisse or DJ Campbell if allowed to play? I would play traore as a spare defender / midfielder as he can track the likes of Torres or mata if required If swp is picked then I give up as he has had 40 or so chances and rarely has a decent game We held utd to the hour mark and took the lead, we did the same at city. Last year in that final game before losing 3-2 in that famous game It's all about the 1st half for me, if we let 1 in then it's curtains for us I don't bet on the team I support often and no point wasting any tonight

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January Chelsea should be able to rack up a few goals tonight against a struggling QPR side and one man who is likely to be involved is Frank Lampard who scored two goals against Everton at the weekend and is always a massive goal threat and is on penalties, at 2.87 with Coral he looks a big price to get on the scoresheet. Frank Lampard anytime scorer @ 2.87 Coral

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January Lads, long time reader here but it's my first post - usually get good info here so no need to post my 2 pence :ok Just a quick line, here are the line-ups: Chelsea

• 01 Cech
  • 02 Ivanovic
  • 04 David Luiz
  • 24 Cahill
  • 28 Azpilicueta
  • 34 Bertrand
  • 08 Lampard
  • 11 Oscar
  • 13 Moses
  • 21 Marin
  • 09 Torres
Subs
  • 22 Turnbull
  • 03 Cole
  • 19 Ferreira
  • 07 Ramires
  • 10 Mata
  • 17 Hazard
  • 35 Piazon

QPR

• 33 Julio Cesar
  • 06 Hill
  • 15 Onuoha
  • 17 Nelsen
  • 20 Fabio
  • 04 Derry
  • 10 Taarabt
  • 14 Granero
  • 40 M'bia
  • 12 Mackie
  • 23 Hoilett
Subs
  • 01 Green
  • 05 Ferdinand
  • 07 Park Ji-sung
  • 11 Wright-Phillips
  • 18 Dyer
  • 32 Faurlin
  • 09 Cisse

Since Cech is playing I doubt QPR could get anything but Chelsea are resting players as well so might not beat the HC. A straight Chelsea win is looking like the bet?

Since Cech is playing I doubt QPR could get anything but Chelsea are resting players as well so might not beat the HC. A straight Chelsea win is looking like the bet?
Welcome to PL mate! Looking forward to seeing what you have to add to the melting pot :ok

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January haha, what a timing and decision making by me xD just hesitated whether to take the 2.10 for the chelsea win in the last 14 minutes, or 1.90 for over 0.5. finally took the scnd option and just seconds later, qpr scores :D anyway, chelsea is ****e and they destroyed my beautiful parlay... had liverpool over 0.5 1st half+benfica over 2.5 and chelsea over 2.5. need a lot of luck now...