** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January

Aidymac

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January

No bet for me at the moment, as Chelsea may rest players here...That may just be there undoing. RB has players playing in a system, If he plays his best available, they should win by at least 2, However I have been caught out by Chelsea before resting players,,,They drew at home against Fulham a few weeks ago, off a simmilar price. I will check the sides out first, if he does rest players, they may become a lay, QPR are now like a rabbid dog backed into a corner, with a tiny bit of hope...They will fight tooth n nail here beware... GL all
QPR are now like a rabbid dog backed into a corner, with a tiny bit of hope...They will fight tooth n nail here beware... I was right...and talked myself out of it,,to lay them.:cry:@..There are no easy points in the EPL

QPR are now like a rabbid dog backed into a corner, with a tiny bit of hope...They will fight tooth n nail here beware... I was right...and talked myself out of it,,to lay them.:cry:@..There are no easy points in the EPL
It would be fair if you write something so emotional also in the Liverpool - Sunderland thread.

No SWP, thank the lord and the expected 5 defenders
post of the year surely !!!! :) speechless after a very nervy night all i wuld say is that h2h's sometimes come into play and out last 4 results vs Chelsea are 1-0, 1-6, 0-0, 1-0 3 clean sheets in 4. For me though no Mata in the game again until last 15 mins. He didnt play in the 0-0 either earlier at Loftus road I am a very happy man tonight for once, by the way 1-0 was 35/1 !! I did say if we get to HT 0-0, then it could go our way

It would be fair if you write something so emotional also in the Liverpool - Sunderland thread.
And I will....Just sorting out things....If Lampard had not played, they were a lay, so they are vunrable,,even when he does

What a fcuking disaster that was..
Football is about passion and money, to a proffesional footballer... QPR players are fighting for every inch of grass, because next year who knows were their big eage is coming from...And passion because they were called everything in the press and by their own fans..They played with passion tonight.. Beware the RABID dog!

Chelsea are backable here at 1.28 for me. Those have been the most recent results at the Bridge when they meet, and I see nothing changing. *Chelsea WIN @ 1.28 Betfair*
I honestly couldn't have agreed me with this one. I mean, who honestly could? So I went and bet BIG in this game to find out that QPR have got first win under Harry Redknapp, and what I night to get it! :cry I'm not a sore loser, but my god have some freak results cost me big recently. For that reason, and that reason only, I'm going to hang up my boots for a while and let the bank balance recover. Chelsea looked tired and unorganised with the mindset that they could steam roll one of the teams in the lower half of the division. Rafa Benitez got his tactics all wrong in this game. Instead of resting the likes of Eden Hazard and Juan Mata, he should have started them until they were winning comfortably and they brought them of. For players being paid over £100,00+ a week, the excuse of feeling tired really doesn't work with me I'm afraid. What a night to forget! Anyway, good luck people. I need to really re-think my strategy. Tonight I thought was nothing but money in the bank. But what do I now, huh? :puke

I honestly couldn't have agreed me with this one. I mean, who honestly could? So I went and bet BIG in this game to find out that QPR have got first win under Harry Redknapp, and what I night to get it! :cry I'm not a sore loser, but my god have some freak results cost me big recently. For that reason, and that reason only, I'm going to hang up my boots for a while and let the bank balance recover. Chelsea looked tired and unorganised with the mindset that they could steam roll one of the teams in the lower half of the division. Due to these players feeling "fired" even though, lets not forget the fact some are raking in over £100,00+ a week, I just can't believe it. What a night to forget! Good luck people. I need to really re-think my strategy. Tonight I thought was nothing but money in the bank. What do I now, huh? :puke
I am very sorry to hear this, i truly am. Buying money is an over used phrase. And people tend to forget that people only need a push along from some comment, when they are already most of the way there, to tip them over. Listen to yourself first, ask yourself many questions before parting with your money..And to be honest I would have laid them if I had a shop, Along with all the home sides tonight... I digress, your money management has to be looked after, it does not matter what you put down, so long as you have back up..I work on a factor of 33..i.e 33 times against my MAX i can afford to be wrong...and then double your bank. So even if your backing in £1 per point..you need £660. We dont have a crystal ball, were going to be wrong, thats why its like that. You say freak results...Are they? analyse them..lets see were you went wrong, what could you have done pre match diffrent?..You sound like this was the last straw..let it be for a while. Come back in a month or two, with a plan and zest to your punting,,reduce your liabilties..small steps again..Small acorns, you know the rest... Its a long old marathon this game, but if its winning a battle, let it go,,,come back and win the war. And remember the EPL is the most dangerous to assume of all leagues...Especially big odds on at home and away. GL m8, and remember when you come back, get your Bank right first, before you put another bet on. GL again;)

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January in the last 3 weeks we have seen Hartlepool win at Sheff utd, Peterborough win at Cardiff and now QPR at Chelsea, all home teams only had to turn up to win but football is 11 v 11 from the start and everyone has a chance. Its only the odds that say they don't, Suprisingly, we were as low as 10/1 tonight to win out first away game in 14 months!!

5 Changes for the home team really didnt help
& we made 4 changes, do chelsea not have decent back up players then, the changes should have been ok, they failed to break us down and when they did get a chance they failed to score

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January Well done QPR, I blame Rafa Benitez for this. Why does he make so many changes when it is the FA Cup next week, and they have no Champions League? Completely baffled at his team selection, and in future I won't be betting on any side until at most the night before the match.

in terms of how i see the game, if we concede early, it will be a thrashing, if we get to HT at 0-0, then who knows. For me personally, im thinking of going to the cinema!
If you went, I hope it was a good film :lol Glad I stayed away from this one.

Well done QPR' date=' I blame Rafa Benitez for this. Why does he make so many changes when it is the FA Cup next week, and they have no Champions League? Completely baffled at his team selection, and in future I won't be betting on any side until at most the night before the match.[/quote'] Yeah, good idea. I never used to bet on games before I saw lineups but have been on a bit of a bad run lately and perhaps that played a part in my taking this on Sunday, even though I had the option of redding out for a small amount before the match. Wasn't too thrilled with the line up but was happy to let it ride as I thought Chelsea would have enough. Sad the Wright-Phillips scored that goal as QPR barely got in to Chelsea's half and had that not gone in it surely would of been a draw which would of been fine for my DNB and not cost me my bollocks, but well done to QPR, it's a brilliant result.

That's the hard thing with lineups though. It can be overplayed as sides that are missing players go on to do well. I tend to think team news is overplayed in most cases. Here I don't think it has anything to do with team news really as Chelsea should generally have enough quality to beat Rangers 9 times out of 10. Rangers were probably extra motivated and had nothing to lose, especially SWP who is ex Chelsea, and probably had a point to prove :unsure

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January I watched the match though and QPR weren't particularly good, as amazing as that may sound. No last ditch defending, brilliant counter-attacking. For most the game QPR's attacks were Taarabt feeding a ball through to nobody. It was pretty much down to Chelsea, and had they had perhaps Hazard on, it may of made a difference. I didn't particularly like Moses, Oscar and Marin as the three behind Torres, but I still strongly felt they'd be all right, perhaps Lampard or Ivanovic might get the goal. Just unfortunate SWP scored, as Turnbull didn't have a proper save to make otherwise.

Rangers were probably extra motivated and had nothing to lose' date=' especially SWP who is ex Chelsea, and probably had a point to prove :unsure[/quote'] Very easy in hindsight of course, but I think motivation was probably a big factor.

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January Well, early in the afternoon yesterday there was a documentary on match fixing on Polish tv It got me thinking about enormous amounts of money bookmakers (in some countries controlled by mafia) earn when such an upset happens I was already on Chelsea and watched the game with an increasing feeling that this is one of these games of course I'm not saying the game was sold, but I saw e.g Ivanovic making some ridiculous shots on goal from 40 yards time and time again Chelsea were so poor that I thought they do not want to win the game just couldnt believe how a side that can not build any decent attack not only against Chelsea, but also in the previous round, have won the game..

Well, early in the afternoon yesterday there was a documentary on match fixing on Polish tv It got me thinking about enormous amounts of money bookmakers (in some countries controlled by mafia) earn when such an upset happens I was already on Chelsea and watched the game with an increasing feeling that this is one of these games of course I'm not saying the game was sold, but I saw e.g Ivanovic making some ridiculous shots on goal from 40 yards time and time again Chelsea were so poor that I thought they do not want to win the game just couldnt believe how a side that can not build any decent attack not only against Chelsea, but also in the previous round, have won the game..
I'm sure we've all thought about this possibility at some time or another, but I doubt it is feasible considering the amount of people who would need to be involved in such a scam and the potential consequences if it were discovered. I know the Italians did it, but without meaning to cause offense, their country is notorious for that kind of thing, in almost every aspect, not just in football. Personally I had a dodgy feeling about the Chelsea QPR game from the start which is why I didn't touch it. I was even tempted to place a small bet on a QPR victory but chose not to. It is just one of those games, London derby and all that, very unpredictable.

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January Yeah, I got hit as badly as anyone on this, but I wouldn't entertain the notion of a fix. Still don't understand why Moses wasn't given a penalty when he was cut in half and Lampard scored the offside goal though.