** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.33[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]15.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]97.58 % [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January Chelsea are backable here at 1.28 for me. QPR are pants, Harry seems to be having no effect on the results or performances, they are terrible defensively, have an eejit in goals, and even though it is a derby, I find it very hard to see anything but a Chelsea win, regardless of how Chelsea fare against Everton tomorrow. Chelsea have been in good form of late, and have been scoring plenty, an 8-0 thrashing of Villa, and a good 1-0 win at Norwich last time out. QPR have lost 20 of their last 26 away league games, and have only won 1. Chelsea 6 QPR 1 Chelsea 1 QPR 0 Chelsea 1 QPR 0 Chelsea 1 QPR 0 Chelsea 2 QPR 0 Chelsea 1 QPR 0 Chelsea 2 QPR 1 Chelsea 2 QPR 0 Those have been the most recent results at the Bridge when they meet, and I see nothing changing. *Chelsea WIN @ 1.28 Betfair*

I agree wholeheartedly. Knowing Harry Redknapp it wouldn't surprise me if he changes the side around for what is probably a meaningless tie. He did similar when saving Pompey from relegation and we went to Arsenal. I can't see him treating it the same as any other tie. He'll probably treat it as lost and prepare for the next game.

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January Yeah! Redknapp is known to choose games! Chelsea is able to change around without loosing much power. I think they might even cover handicaps. Does anyone think that QPR also looks somewhat not fit? Statistics at least indicate that: http://www.soccerstats.com/timing.asp?league=england

I agree wholeheartedly. Knowing Harry Redknapp it wouldn't surprise me if he changes the side around for what is probably a meaningless tie. He did similar when saving Pompey from relegation and we went to Arsenal. I can't see him treating it the same as any other tie. He'll probably treat it as lost and prepare for the next game.
So you think he will change a few and risk a 6 or 7 nil defeat ? Firstly I thought no way and then when you think only 13 players have started the 3 Xmas games then maybe he will have to ? He could certainly bring in dyer and granero who haven't figured much lately plus also hoilet and diakete I don't think those 4 would do any worse than the others if we did rest a few but after this we have a home cup tie vs WBA and then a 9 day wait to play spurs

I think he'll put out a squad to compete. That doesn't mean he'll let them go out and get beat. Just that it'll turn into a bit of a friendly game in terms of the tie being pretty meaningless. It's less important to him at this stage for the team to bust a gut, get players injured / suspended, and then lose 2-1. Points against other teams will take priority, and that I think will be his game plan...

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January After watching the games today I would be all over this Chelsea price. Chelsea finding a bit of form and looking to cement claims for a top 4 finish. QPR look like they will be relegated and I cant see them getting anything here. Odds have already dropped to 1.25 at various places but thats my bet of the week.

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January I'd fear for QPR here alright. Had a look at their fixtures coming up too and I can see plenty of defeats. The first half against Liverpool was pathetic really, comical defending and no desire at all. Second half they tightened it somewhat, damage limitation and trying to stop Suarez running riot rather than getting back in the game themselves. Chelsea look strong recently, hard fought win at Everton and I can see a comfy enough win here.

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January Totally agree, QPR were awful and unless a miracle happens, they will be beaten heavily by Chelsea I think it's also good to go for Chelsea golas, like Chelsea >2.5 @1.9 or >3.5 @3.50 this is a lot to ask but with this defending and desire I see sth similar to Aston Villa beating

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January Did you guys also think that QPR was going a very high tempo until the end vs. pool? And it felt like they were unneccesary runs just to show they are not giving up? They were chasing balls going surely out etc. so the fans wouldnt be too upset.. They might be very tired come wednesday.. What do you guys think who watched it? They seemed to run around like headless chickens. They are totally cluelless what to do in this situation. These players are not used to the prem league and even less to playing from the bottom table. I think they are trying but it just doesnt work out. With the recent chelsea results in mind Im thinking about this ending with a similar result like the Villa one. QPR is just bad defensivly. Both teams have to play on saturday in the FA cup. Has it any importance for QPR at all? Benitez has enough players to shuffle around again. This might be the last game to play the africans before they will go to africa cup. With victor moses maybe starting together with oscar and Obi Mikel. I think Benitez is a relly intelligent coach. He stabilized them at the back. He knows vs. some opponents he can go for goals to please the crowds having the offensive quality. And with others he is all about different tactical tasks to win the opponent(norwich, Everton). This could be one of the games where he says.. work offensivly and go for goal after goal cause QPR looks weak defensivly. They have enough offensive power to destroy QPR. The straight win is too low odds. thinking about some hc.

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January Hi guys I'm new to this site but I hope this post is ok. I totally agree that I can't see any other result than a Chelsea win. If you can still get odds at 1.28 I think that is more than fair especially considering todays result and the ease of which Liverpool took the 3pts. I'd be interested to see what the handicap odds are as I can see Chelsea running away with this and there might be a nice little profit made if Chelsea can get the goals that are expected.

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January

Hi guys I'm new to this site but I hope this post is ok. I totally agree that I can't see any other result than a Chelsea win. If you can still get odds at 1.28 I think that is more than fair especially considering todays result and the ease of which Liverpool took the 3pts. I'd be interested to see what the handicap odds are as I can see Chelsea running away with this and there might be a nice little profit made if Chelsea can get the goals that are expected.
Welcome. the facts are clear: chelsea has the ability to cover several hcp's QPR has the weakness to get crushed. Need to check for some factors(above some in my post) to pin it down. 1)- > Its about how much chelsea wants to invest. Do they go for more goals if they score one? I think so as they still want to show for their fans..and why should they stop their train running full steam.. Still they might opt for a controlled win having had intense weeks. 1:0; 2:1 would in theory be enough.. 2)- > How much power was lost by QPR? Did they give this chelsea game already up? They looked running like crazy vs. pool without achieving anything.. Answer these two questions and you have the answer on if chelsea will run away.. Normal handicaps : Chelsea (-3.0) @ 4,5 -2 @ 2,6 -1 @ 1,7 Odds will probably drop.

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January Haven't posted much lately, have to agree with other posters though this looks very likely to be a decent home win for me. I bet a similarly high amount on Man U at home to Newcastle the other day (-1.75AH) and regretted it as soon as I saw the teamsheet! Had to take this fairly early today as I expect the prices to go down nearer game time, not that this always works quite as you expect.. Might seem strange to say but QPR are going to be looking relegation square in the face soon, they will be hugely unlikely to survive as 10 points at this stage is terrible and they will need to have near champions league form for the rest of the season to be safe if they lose this. The danger in betting Chelsea handicaps in this one is that generally these games tend to be closer than you expect, I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea only won this by a couple even if most of us expect it to be a few more. Rotation might be an issue, Mata might be rested, Torres possibly? But then who do they replace him with? Few options up front other than him unless they start really rotating positions which appears unlikely. FA Cup game after this which they are sure to rotate heavily for then the League Cup semi, they are still involved in a lot of games, expect Oscar to come in probably for Mata, hopefully Lampard will play after his 2 goals today and this would look to be a game that will suit him. QPR have a terrible away record and struggle against any decent side, Redknapp has been playing the older players who got them up to this league but they will be struggling to recover for this one after another tonking against 'pool today, does he then rotate and play the players who he has basically said are only there for the money? I simply can't see anything other than a two goal win at least for Chelsea, they are good at home against poorer sides, QPR are likely to play very deep with Cisse up front on his own, and Chelsea will pick them apart eventually plenty of pace throughout the side. Simply put, I think QPR are terrible and I expect them to lose this one by a couple at least..after their hammering today I don't see any way they can recover in time to play Chelsea a few days later. Big outlay for me. Chelsea -1EH - 1.73 - betfred - 15 Points Chelsea -1.5,-2.0AH - 1.87 - pinnacle - 15 Points Chelsea -2.0AH - 2.16 - pinnacle - 10 Points

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January quote:

The danger in betting Chelsea handicaps in this one is that generally these games tend to be closer than you expect, I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea only won this by a couple even if most of us expect it to be a few more. Rotation might be an issue, Mata might be rested, Torres possibly? But then who do they replace him with? Few options up front other than him unless they start really rotating positions which appears unlikely. FA Cup game after this which they are sure to rotate heavily for then the League Cup semi, they are still involved in a lot of games, expect Oscar to come in probably for Mata, hopefully Lampard will play after his 2 goals today and this would look to be a game that will suit him. Chelsea -1EH - 1.73 - betfred - 15 Points Chelsea -1.5,-2.0AH - 1.87 - pinnacle - 15 Points Chelsea -2.0AH - 2.16 - pinnacle - 10 Points
quote: Last season, he featured in 34 of Chelsea's 38 league games, while this term he has played a part in 16 of 18. But despite his 50 matches being the most of any outfield player at the club over the same period, Mata had no intention of allowing his team-mates to catch him up. 'I want to play more, I want to keep playing, keep training, keep enjoying this club and this Premier League,' he told Chelsea TV. Modestly describing his goals tally as 'not bad', he added: 'I'm very happy with how it's going - the season - for me and for the team and I just have to keep working.'

""" ------------------ I think Mata will take part in some way. There are some guys who seem to play every game without much problems.

I dont see big problems for Chelsea. Their offensive players rarely have to play every game 90 minutes. They have a very healthy rotation which in turn makes them play each probably net 90 minutes every week. Same with the midfield. The back four is playing every game but then they dont have that much pitch to cover. Only Torres is always playing but he is used to it too. He gets into good positions every game but he had some bad misses vs. Everton. QPR might have bigger problems as you said. They need to rest some players but no matter how they do it they will play like 11 individuals. They are just not working good together. Hill and nelson in QPR defense are old footballers. They surely will need rest at some point. Clint Hill played every game in december. QPR doesnt look very deep at all with their squad. Mbia who has at least some quality theoreticly has played every game in december.. Then Fernandez slammed the new players again after Redknapp did it already. Their morale will be down even more. The next two days the fans will run finally riot as relegation seems inevitable. I only can see QPR parking the bus and Chelsea having a slow day destroying these handicaps. Like them scoring in second half and then let it run out as QPR isnt a threat. Im sure Redknapp will try damage control as he said it after pool game where he started to play 5 at the back beeing 3 down.. If you think about it it was an act of giving up. He only waits for some new players.. With QPR still running headless vs. pool giving their all soemwhat I think they had in the back of the mind that they wont try taking anything from chelsea. " ‘Did you think we were going to win 4-3?’ asked Redknapp. ‘No, nor did I. You have to be realistic in football. Do you want to get beat 8-0 or damage limitation? So I changed how we played and shut up shop. Maybe I should’ve done that from the start.’

" ->He probably will do that but then again You need to press Chelsea.. sitting back doesnt help but makes matters worse..

While Chelsea needs these points 100% as otherwise their recent run would have been nearly worthless..

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January Thought it was worth mentioning, for anyone so inclined, that Chelsea Draw No Bet is 1.07 at Skybet right now, which I think is good value, as realistically it probably should be 1.03 max. Also happy with odds of 1.25 I've taken, for a smaller stake, but when I go properly large I like a bit of a safety net, hence the Draw No Bet I took.

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January Ok lets go into a detailed analysis. Even when things look easy you have to be totally behind your bet to take punt for profit! The main objective is to find out if QPR might make this a tight game or if Chelsea might be satisifed with a narrow win. QPR -> Ok hughes was sacked right before the united game. QPR still had hopes. QPR fighted vs. Man U's old team but got killed by the young subs. -> vs. sunderland they werent tested and it was a defensive game from both sides. -> vs. Villa .. motivated but couldnt get more then a draw. -> vs wigan .. lucky draw vs. a depleted wigan side. -> 2:1 first win vs. a really bad Fulham side. Taraabt the best man winning it for QPR then the christmas games: -> 1:0 loss vs. Newcastle. They couldnt create much and Newcastle had plenty of chances and shots. Nelsen + Hill palyed deep cause of the pace from newcastle. Overall bad performance. -> 1:2 loss to West Brom. A bit unfortunate but still they didnt showed enough to win it. Redknapp tells how some players are not worth the money and they need new players. Basicly he states that its not possible with this team as some are not expected to perform. Then we get the Liverpool game and they loose with a horrific performance 3:0. Some players play like they took the Redknap critique as if it was directed at them. I watched the game again. First the players Diakite, Granero, Cesar and Mbia are not used to playing around christmas. (A player like Cazorla stated how it annoys him) Then all the new players must have thought that Harrys message was directed at them. Diakite and Mbia were simply awfull. Granero no influence at all. Grant Hill and Nelson looked very slow and not good enough to face a guy like Suarez. Some of the QPR players jogged after their opponents. Then they did runs with and after the ball without any use. Mbia fell like 20 times to the ground which was pathetic. They were like little children playing all for themselves moaining about their pitty. Then Harry Redknapp did the unbelievable. He changed a defensive mdifielder for a striker 0:3 down. He stated afterwards he knew they wouldnt win 4:3 and you have to be realistic in football. For me it ment he gave up. He feared a trashing and maybe the goal difference. He said he feared they would end up 7-8:0. After the break QPR did invest more trying to press Liverpool. But them escaping a trashing was more due to Liverpool taking it really easy only upping the tempo now and then. I mean who would take a team substituting a def. for off. 0:3 down serious? QPR was like headless chicken. This antics of Redknapp means, coupled with his statemens week ago, that he has no faith, in at least half of this group of players. He is all about pushing new players in trying to start with them a heroic run of wins. Before this can happen he has another game at chelsea. To his logic he will try to avoid another trashing. With Chelsea trashing Villa a week ago it doesnt look out of question. Many already stated and it was quiet obvious with Portsmouth back then that he has a habit of giving up certain games which ties in his comments after the game(be realisitic). So the question is how will QPR approach the Chelsea game Motivational and with which squad. Its obvious that Redknapp played his best players available the last two games as he saw a big chance to take somethign from these games. Looking at QPR players and their playing time we might get a clue: ->Traore played all but one game in december for 90 min. including last two. His performances was one of the better ones but still not game deciding. His problem is that he cant get effectivly upfront. he didnt play in the first game vs. chelsea. ->clint hill played every game since November for 90 minutes. He is 34 years and has problems with pacy players. didnt play vs. chelsea in first game. ->Nelsen played all games for 90 minutes apart from the boxing day match due to a virus. he is 35 and ahd some problems vs. Chelsea in the first game due to his lack of pace. ->Onuah played the last game games after coming from injury twice. had some problems vs. chelsea earlier. If Redknapp decides to rest one of his defenders he has theoreticly Mbia(a defender), Ferdinand and Fabio available. Ferdinand has a below par season as of yet adn the same goes for Fabio. Both players would be form and quality wise a loss. I think he might play Fabio for Traore and Ferdinand for Clint hill. Fabio is rather awfull defensivly. In midfield: -> Mbia played every game for 90 minutes. He dropped his form considerably after being on of the best early on. -> Diakete played now and then but was most the time awfull. He was worst vs. pool. -> Mackie played every game 90 minutes and was the only one having the whole game at least an initiative. -> Wright philips played every game but was often subtituted. He gets worse with every match he plays. -> shaun derry is 35 and a solid defensive player who is substituted in sometimes. He at least gives his all. -> Granero is surely one of the guys not deserving the money. Rarely plays. quality player but does he really care about QPR? Dont think so. -> Taarabt played every game the last weeks for 90 minutes. -> junior hoilet is playing now and then. -> Faurlin is an Ok player who plays now and then. He is more of a possesion player. -> Kieron dyer seems to be still injured. Park is injured and no option. So Mbia needs obviously a rest.Diakete plays awfull. This might mean Derry and/or Faurlin might come in defensive midfield. Derry lacks a bit of quality and Faurlin isnt consistent at all having awfull games sometimes. Then Taarabat is surely tired. As maybe Mackie. Hoilet or Granero might come in. Whoever comes in it doesnt look like guys able to fight of 90 minutes of chelsea. The team chemsitry looks bad. Then the attack you have only Cisse or Maybe mackie upfront. Tough Cisse was so awfull coming of already in ht vs pool. Redknapp surely has to make some changes but what ever he does the alternatives mean a lack in quality or total off form. He cant possibly play his "preferred" eleven that played the last two as Chelsea will shuffle and be then much much fresher.. Motivation is probably on all time low. After the last performance nobody really believes in QPR..they looked too awfull. Chairman Fernandes tweeted: "No excuse. Lost for words. Back to the drawing board. Woeful performance." Redknapps outlook: “I still think we’ll stay up. You’ll think we’re mad, but I think we will. “I only want positive players around me. I said that in the dressing room after the match. Those who are moping around, the subs who are not playing, are not playing because they’re no good. If they’re any good, I’d be picking them. “I don’t need miserable faces, I don’t need them around me. I need people who are upbeat. “The next two games are unbelievable, Chelsea away and Tottenham at home - two of the best teams in the country. Difficult games, but we’ve got to keep going and I still think we’ll do it. “They’ll be in tomorrow and we have to start again. You don’t give up. You keep going.” So he either plays tired players or substitutes who are no good The performance was so bad and faces are miserable and the chairman has no words. Redknapp instead of bringing them up is hammering onto them since weeks.-> This wont help and you saw it vs. pool. He is only hoping for transfers! Atmosphere will be on a really big low. Some players will dream of beeing at another place or hide in their fancy london homes.. They might be up for Tottenham with some new signings but for the Chelsea game they will be low in everything. Motivation, Fitness/power and Form. ------------------------------- Then onto Chelsea: Benitez knows what he is doing. He transformed this team into a fluid formation. He stabilized offense and defense. He utilizes the strenghts. Forrget about his first games. They were about consolodiation. The club championship just a short trip. Never were up for that. Its all about the premier elague for them now. Their win at Everton while not totally dominating and probably a draw the deserved outcome show their class. In the end they outclassed an unbeaten,albeit weakened, Everton side. The great thing for Benitez is despite the many games that he can shuffle and substitute players without a loss in quality. For me its clear QPR are doomed and the wednsday game comes for them at the msot awfull times they can possibly think. If Chelsea brings up the motivation to score after they get the lead(if) then they might crush them covering several handicaps. So lets look closer on what we can expect from Chelsea: czech is a doubt but turnbull looked confident as he came on in the 2nd half. Their defense Azipluceta, Cahill, Ivanovic, Cole has played the last games all for 90 minutes. They all delivered top performances. With Terry still out and Luiz set to play in midfield and otherwise no options available I think its probable that they play again. Only Cole looked a bit tired. Cahill and azipluceta didnt had so much games this season to feel big tiredness. The midfield is constantly shuffled. David Luiz tough started the last 3 games in the defensive midfield. He looked a bit out of position vs. Everton making unneccesarry tackles. Frank Lampard rarely started but had a stable performance @Everton with two goals. DEspite playing 90 minutes he hasnt much games in his legs and could feature again from the start. Ramirez is playing on and off, also as a subtitute. He played on the right hand side to contain Baines vs Everton and I like him more in the center, I guess Benitez will deploy him if he plays in his natural position if there is no reason for a special task. John Obi Mikel had an knee injury but is expected back before going to the africa cup. He is also starting on and off. Obi Mikel said it was abit difficult for him to play along Luiz.. Mikel is also the bit weaker form guy these days.. So in defensive midfield I expect Luiz to start again and probably Obi Mikel coming in if he is fit. Tough Benitez has no reason to hold anyone back as all are fit. Maybe Luiz gets a rest as he played most games lately for 90 minutes. I expect a strong def. midfield as Romeu isnt available. Then we have the attacking options: Mata played everyone of the last games but gets often alte in the game substituted. He is in absolute top form and stated he wants to play on and on. Great guy. Hazard is playing on and off getting substituted in/off almost every game. I think he dropped abit in form and this is maybe also cause he has no winter break as in france. Oscar is also on and off. He played 90 vs. norwich and only 5 @Everton. His form is ok and he is expected to turn the ehat on in if the game suits him. I expect him to feature from the start. Victor moses too is reguarly coming in having much playing time. He played the last game only 15 minutes and with him due for africa cup he will probably play this game from the start. He has great performances lately. Torres is playing every game and is expected to continue so as their is no alternative. Tough his form is hot and cold. Marin is in talks to be on loan for several clubs so while this might have been a game for him to come in he will probably not feature..(?) So we can probably expect a front line: Moses Oscar Mata/Hazard Torres A surprise would be Piazon. A schock appearence Ba anyway Chelsea has all their players due to constant rotation and carefull substitutions fit and ready to play an intense game. I think the constant rotation is getting used to them. ----------------------------- QPR has many talks behind the scenes about transfers. Obvious problems in the team/fans. Blaming from the coach/chairman. A bad situation if to play tired players or bad subtitutes. Totally out of form. Hopeless display. On the other hand Chelsea with their rotation able to field every game a strong 11. They had two difficult games and did great with best result possible. Now they are back to Home and can probably play rather free footbal without much tactical stuff as QPR isnt expected to be on par for this game. I expect the game to play out the following way: A rather cloudy day with perfect London football circumstances in a sold out Stamford bridge with fans hoping for another trashing after the last home game. A QPR team not able to pressing high up the pitch will be pushed back to their half. Chelsea will go over their wide players Hazard and Moses to break them down utilizing the holding power of oscar/Mata to search for holes. A motivated Luiz will start darting runs at QPRS'S defesne givign them even more problems. All while the fast and pacy Chelsea forwards will torment the slow QPR CD's. I expect Chelsea to break them down rather early. A disheartened QPR team will have even more weak points offering Chelsea more chances. Also given the QPR frustration I wouldnt wonder about a red card or foul trouble making it even harder for them. They got the emssage from their trainer to give up and he doesnt trust half of the team so it will be about damage control vs. chelsea and this doesnt work in football. you will get punsihed for that. sitting deep vs. Chelsea can be very costly. The QPR wingers dont have the ability to threaten chelsea who will have a quiet day at the back making it easy for turnbull if chzech is not ready. the quality players who can threaten like Taraabt will be tired after the many games This will also allow Azipluceta and Cole more freedom to roam forward. Espacially Azipluceta and Moses showed good signs of work together. As chelsea has good options espacially offensivly to susbtitute they will be dangerous for the whole game. the obvious problems of QPR to cope with fast pacy players who can change direction is a obvious mismatch with Chelsea. QPR rarely got only one real trashing but their form, antics and visible loss of hope will soon be punished and after many games in succesion away now at chelsea it might be the time for another one. The energy they took in to avoid that vs. Pool will be missing at stamford bridge. Keep in mind that Liverpool with a bit more effort would have scored 1-3 more. The chelsea defensive strength and their offensive potential for crushing opponents while beeing happy to play a weak dishearted team at home will bring me to the deciscion to try a bold punt on: Chelsea to win the hc -3 @ odds around 4,2 -4,5 7/10 Cover with the hc -1 @ around 1,70 10/10 If you find any errors in my reasoning I would be happy to hear them ;) (lol at anyone who reads that text)

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January I have a feeling Mata and Luiz will be rested, they played all games in this tempo. Probably Mikel will be in again and Oscar starting. Turnbull was ok in 2half against Everton. Chelsea will win this, but i would not touch and handicaps.

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January Guys, after reading all this discussion I cannot help but recall one game - Man City - Reading. Everybody, including me, was absolutely sure that Reading will get hammered, but we all remember how the Citizens had to save this game in extra time. Not that I expect QPR to shine at Stamford Bridge, but neither did Reading - they just parked the bus and were lucky to be underestimated and City to miss 5 or 6 great chances. My point is that if it was another league where a top team would play at home the poorest side in the group, I would not hesitate, but this is still Premiership. 1.25 on a single game requires very high stake to make sense. And if I want to bet a lot of money on a 1.20-1.25 game, I would rather take something like Porto - Nacional in Portugal Liga Sagres, rather than a London derby.

Guys' date=' after reading all this discussion I cannot help but recall one game - Man City - Reading. Everybody, including me, was absolutely sure that Reading will get hammered, but we all remember how the Citizens had to save this game in extra time. Not that I expect QPR to shine at Stamford Bridge, but neither did Reading - they just parked the bus and were lucky to be underestimated and City to miss 5 or 6 great chances. My point is that if it was another league where a top team would play at home the poorest side in the group, I would not hesitate, but this is still Premiership. 1.25 on a single game requires very high stake to make sense. And if I want to bet a lot of money on a 1.20-1.25 game, I would rather take something like Porto - Nacional in Portugal Liga Sagres, rather than a London derby.[/quote'] Still I think Chelsea has these days a much different approach then City. You cant compare them. They look hungry while City looks like a saturated team. City plays like having heavy legs. They lack the defensive offensive balance which Benitez brought to chelsea. And then Reading has a much better teamplay, which is the most important to hold heavy favourites. QPR is not a team at all. Chelsea has the fresh memory of beeing able to trash a team while City never did it at all. But you are right for the price. Thats why I take the hc -3 and -1 as it pays much more. IMO Chelsea will either trash QPR or hold a narrow lead.

I think he did good @ Everton. looked very confident and comfortable. I think he wont have to do much at all anyway with chelsea probably holding to the ball.
Yes, he was good against Everton. I also expect him not to have too much to do but jsut wanted to mention it. With Cech between the sticks, I would fell more comfortable though. But a victory for Chelsea is without a doubt to me.

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January apart from last seasons thrashing (6-1) at Stamford Bridge the majority of games in h2h have been settled by 1 goal however the gulf in form is immense now with the R's on an all time low I see no difference to redknapp as to how the players played under hughes so i asssume there is underlying issues at the club mainly due to wages perhaps and how hughes perhaps isolated the championship winning team players, eg Helguson was sold after an injury plagued season but still scored 9 PL goals last year in about 25 games, his aerial power is missed. Mackie, Derry and Hill are all back in the side now and play for the shirt. Adel has been around the clun now for nearly 4 years so is also a permanent fixture. in terms of how i see the game, if we concede early, it will be a thrashing, if we get to HT at 0-0, then who knows. For me personally, im thinking of going to the cinema!

Ok lets go into a detailed analysis. Even when things look easy you have to be totally behind your bet to take punt for profit! The main objective is to find out if QPR might make this a tight game or if Chelsea might be satisifed with a narrow win. Chelsea to win the hc -3 @ odds around 4,2 -4,5 7/10 Cover with the hc -1 @ around 1,70 10/10 If you find any errors in my reasoning I would be happy to hear them ;) (lol at anyone who reads that text)
Bloody hell mate, you are certainly looking hard at this one! :lol..for Redknapp this was a pretty good job to take because QPR looked almost doomed when he took over, it was always going to be about getting as many points on the board as possible then changing things in Jan when the transfer window opens, even today I see that they are rumoured to be in for 3 midfielders on the BBC. They are going to be linked with plenty of players in Jan partly because of the way Redknapp has attacked a chunk of the squad in his interviews, the subs would be playing if they were in any kind of form. He actually has tons of midfielders at his disposal, but you look at the squad and there just seems to be tons of deadwood who the fans don't seem to think give a toss about the club. While QPR's away form is dreadful they have only been beaten by 2 clear goals twice in 10 games and that was against United and City, as Bowles says if they concede early it could be 3 or 4 if they get to HT at 0-0 it will probably only be 1 or 2-0.

Guys' date=' after reading all this discussion I cannot help but recall one game - Man City - Reading. Everybody, including me, was absolutely sure that Reading will get hammered, but we all remember how the Citizens had to save this game in extra time. Not that I expect QPR to shine at Stamford Bridge, but neither did Reading - they just parked the bus and were lucky to be underestimated and City to miss 5 or 6 great chances. My point is that if it was another league where a top team would play at home the poorest side in the group, I would not hesitate, but this is still Premiership. 1.25 on a single game requires very high stake to make sense. And if I want to bet a lot of money on a 1.20-1.25 game, I would rather take something like Porto - Nacional in Portugal Liga Sagres, rather than a London derby.[/quote'] I'm in agreement here, this forum has been littered with losing HC bets over recent weeks (or is that just my perception?!) The point being that all Chelsea will be bothered about is winning this game and after an intense week or two of football, you can't guarantee that they will just keep going for goals if 2 or 3 to the good. I'm not really a fan of HC betting in these circumstances.

He actually has tons of midfielders at his disposal, but you look at the squad and there just seems to be tons of deadwood who the fans don't seem to think give a toss about the club. While QPR's away form is dreadful they have only been beaten by 2 clear goals twice in 10 games and that was against United and City, as Bowles says if they concede early it could be 3 or 4 if they get to HT at 0-0 it will probably only be 1 or 2-0.
Tbh I see only a two or three goal win anyway. These huge handicaps are usually only beaten when we least expect it, and Chelsea are going to be a huge public bet. And as you say, Rangers haven't been that leaky this season anyway. And I agree with your assessment of Redknapp, who hasn't had time to effect anything. Results and performances haven't actually changed much IMO.

Re: Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers > Wed 2nd January I wouldn't go on any handicap, I think Chelsea would be thrilled with a 1-0 win here, it could be 2 or 3, but I do think Chelsea will win. Just don't see where QPR can hurt Chelsea right now. Benitez has also tightened Chelsea up defensively, and the fact he is using squad rotation, he has plenty of fit players at his disposal.

These huge handicaps are usually only beaten when we least expect it
This is a very good point and something I noticed as well. My explanation is that weaker teams that got hammered badly lately, get particularly defensive, tight and concentrated when they meet another top team in top form, thus, they usually get better results when the betting public is expecting a massive blow and huge handicap. Usually these big defeats happen to underdogs which have some intrinsic problems and weaknesses, but which have had decent results prior to that, therefore they are caught unguarded by the top sides. Something like QPR beating Tottenham at home and losing 1-6 against Chelsea, and Villa making a sensational win against Liverpool, before getting hammered at Stamford Bridge. What worries me most about this game is that first it is a London derby, and they have their special complexity. Second, apart from being hammered by Chelsea last season, QPR does not really lose heavily to top sides - it is usually a one-goal margin loss. I still think that they are pathetic in the moment and they should lose, even if Chelsea have to score a late one, but definitely I am not so confident about the handicaps. For me this one should be rather a good combo material.

This is a very good point and something I noticed as well. My explanation is that weaker teams that got hammered badly lately, get particularly defensive, tight and concentrated when they meet another top team in top form, thus, they usually get better results when the betting public is expecting a massive blow and huge handicap. Usually these big defeats happen to underdogs which have some intrinsic problems and weaknesses, but which have had decent results prior to that, therefore they are caught unguarded by the top sides. Something like QPR beating Tottenham at home and losing 1-6 against Chelsea, and Villa making a sensational win against Liverpool, before getting hammered at Stamford Bridge. What worries me most about this game is that first it is a London derby, and they have their special complexity. Second, apart from being hammered by Chelsea last season, QPR does not really lose heavily to top sides - it is usually a one-goal margin loss. I still think that they are pathetic in the moment and they should lose, even if Chelsea have to score a late one, but definitely I am not so confident about the handicaps. For me this one should be rather a good combo material.
Its a fair point, I don't think this is purely a bet based on league positions though - or home and away form. Culmination of games is a factor in this one, form is a factor, confidence is a factor, QPR have little goal threat currently they might score against Chelsea but I don't think its likely. As I said before I doubt if Chelsea will batter them, 2-0 would be my correct scoreline bet if I was forced to make one, the time of the first goal is key..I bet on plenty of games like this with a big home favorite and the time of the first goal usually dictates the pattern of the game particuarly when the away side is set up to frustrate. The timing of the game is my main reason for betting it, if this was a usual Sat-Sat game I probably wouldn't play it, as has been discussed QPR rarely get battered away but they do usually lose against 'top' sides. 2011/12 season Tottenham 3-1 QPR Arsenal 1-0 QPR Man Utd 2-0 QPR Man City 3-2 QPR Chelsea 6-1 QPR 2012-13 season Tottenham 2-1 QPR Arsenal 1-0 QPR Man Utd 3-1 QPR Man City 3-1 QPR Chelsea ?-? QPR That ain't a great record whichever way you look at it.