** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan

Aidymac

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan

Macclesfield v Cardiff - Cardiff at 2/3 Bristol Rovers v Gillingham - Gillingham at 10/11 Aldershot v Rotherham - Rotherham at 6/5 Luton v Wolves - Wolves at 11/10 Oxford v Sheffield United - Sheffield at 6/5 Peterborough v Norwich - Norwich at 8/7 Blackburn v Bristol City - Blackburn at 3/4 Some very good value in these games. Cardiff are playing a weakened team but should still win. Wolves on a bad run but should have enough quality to beat Luton. Blackburn and Norwich should win with ease.
Judged by your picks and "explanation" do I assume, you didn't do your homework with any of these matches! Cardiff will field a reserve team. Norwich will rest/miss Ruddy, Holt & Morrison. I would not be surprised if more regulars were on the bench. Peterboro are without Gayle though. Looks under-ish to me. Perhaps under 3.

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan Crystal Palace v Stoke Stoke Win @ 8/5 Pinnacle I like the odds on Stoke here, it's not often Stoke get beat and with 1 loss in 11 (against Man City) it's easy to see they are one of the hardest teams to break down. In the last 3 seasons it's taken Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool to knock Stoke out of the FA cup so it's easy to see why they are a team everyone looks to avoid. Whilst Palace have looked impressive in the championship I'm happy to take Stoke at these odds but still the game should be close and I think it'll end 1-0 or 2-1 to the away team. West Ham v Man Utd Man Utd Win @ 4/5 Bet365 Can't see anything other than a win for the Red devils here, with big league games and the champions league game against Madrid on the horizon a replay is the last thing they'll want. Whilst not playing great they've managed to pick up wins and I think this could be another routine win. West Ham have been pretty poor aswel and I don't see them troubling the Premiership leaders in the late kick off tomorrow.

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan West Ham V Man Utd feel dirty for going on the man u website but had to to see if i could get any team news, by the sounds of things fergie is going to be taking the FA cup seriously this season, hernandez alone seemingly as a fringe player could get a goal or 2, i am sort of expecting a half decent side from sir alex with a lot of talent on the bench just in case

:drums This whole Hastings Middlesborough handicap thing has car crash written all over it. Reminds me too much of the "Free Money" threads you see so often on the betfair forum. In my view its foolish to back a team thats making more or less 11 changes even if the opposition is pretty bad.
Maybe it won't come off, but I know the level that Hastings play at well and whatever side Boro put out tomorrow they need to have a good hard look at themselves if they don't make the -2 handicap with ease. The gulf in class is huge. All I can do is back what I view as a value bet and I know whatever the result tomorrow that I have had a value bet and that I have made the right decision. Also even if Hastings do go up there and attack they might not have the quality to score a goal anyway. Trust me the prices are all wrong for this game and noway should Boro be as big as 1/6.

4pts Brighton to beat Newcastle 8/5 Coral Newcastle went out of the cup to lower league opposition at Stevenage last season and the form they are in you would have to believe there is every chance of it happening again here. Although Brighton aren’t in the best form themselves they have the pressure off them here which could be the difference in the end. There’s no doubt that when Brighton play their best football they are a match for most teams and they can prove that against an inconsistent, struggling Newcastle side who may well rotate a few players too. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/brighton-vs-newcastle-betting-brighton-can-send-newcastle-packing-to-lower-league-opposition-for-second-straight-year
Brighton beat a better Newcastle side last season, Stevenage was the years before car crash & with the early KO Coloccini, Cisse have minor knocks & hav'nt travelled, Toite has gone out to the African nations cup, Rob Elliott will replace Krull in goals, Bigirimana has a dead leg along with Cabaye, both Taylors, Guiteirez, Ben Arfa, Gosling, Simpson & Vuckic missing, i'll be taking my boots & looking for a place on the bench.....Lump on BHA...

Macclesfield v Cardiff - Cardiff at 2/3 Bristol Rovers v Gillingham - Gillingham at 10/11 Aldershot v Rotherham - Rotherham at 6/5 Luton v Wolves - Wolves at 11/10 Oxford v Sheffield United - Sheffield at 6/5 Peterborough v Norwich - Norwich at 8/7 Blackburn v Bristol City - Blackburn at 3/4 Some very good value in these games. Cardiff are playing a weakened team but should still win. Wolves on a bad run but should have enough quality to beat Luton. Blackburn and Norwich should win with ease.
GL, but we do need more reasoning on each selection, and the bookmaker you're using :ok

but why would o'neill field a stronger side if he himself admitted his players are totally tired' date=' which is logical after festivity season? really don't see the logic here... i would consider mk dons and, believe you me, arsenal![/quote'] Without going too much on Sunderland whether they field their best side or just a mixed team, Bolton are worth nothing in my eyes. There is no consistency to be recongnised. They have barely hit the expectations as they still have a strong side on paper. Even a new manager couldn't kick the players asses. MK Dons' odds seem to be high but with Gleeson and Chadwick still out, Bowditch likely to join them on the casualty list, Otsemboor struggling with a groin problem, new signing McLeod being ineligable to play plus three squad players whose loan spells ended, there is no value on MK Dons in my eyes.

:drums This whole Hastings Middlesborough handicap thing has car crash written all over it. Reminds me too much of the "Free Money" threads you see so often on the betfair forum. In my view its foolish to back a team thats making more or less 11 changes even if the opposition is pretty bad.
If you haven't watched Hastings play though you might have some uninformed view of how they have got here, they have been very fortunate! I've watched 3 of the 5 games, they are not some great non-league side, Goldberg is a good player up front and Jirbandey and Ray make up a decent defensive partnership but they concede so many chances against even poor opposition I can't see any way they will suddenly become water tight against a team 5 leagues above them! Ray is the player-manager and has done a good job after inheriting a total shambles and v.limited budget but this is just a day out, they have no chance of getting a result. This coming from a guy who is spending 14 hours in a coach tomorrow to go watch them! I don't think betting opportunities like this come along very often and the prices are simply way out of line. How in God's name can Middlesborough at home to a side 120 odd places below them be the same price as Man City at home to Watford who are 1 div below!? I think its nonsense..anyway I'm off got to be on the coach in 8 hours :lol ..GL all, whatever you go for.

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan Have a good day at the riverside hastgill! Hope Hastings get a goal for you to celebrate. Don't over celebrate though as our stewards will probably kick you out, even on such a non threatening day. Apparently our team is going to be even stronger than I predicted. Will wait and hopefully get the team tomorrow morning and post it in here.

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan [h=2]Number of Premier League Teams to be knocked out in the 3rd round[/h]Click here to collapse this section [h=3] FA Cup Specials [/h] Singles Only Applies to the 2012/2013 FA Cup Exactly 4 33/1 Exactly 7 5/2 Exactly 10 12/1 Exactly 5 9/1 Exactly 8 11/4 11 or more 25/1 Exactly 6 7/2 Exactly 9 5/1 was thinking of looking at an alternative market for the weekend and found this on Paddy power specials, name the number of premier teams to be knocked out this weekend 33/1 for 4 is the 4 that play each other, so thats a given and you get a great price if you think all other 12 teams have a chance of going through I was thinking of backing exactly 4 and the 5 or 6 also. Eaxactly 5 is 9/1 and 6 is 7/2. Its a risk as team news is important etc Anyone else got a view on this, effectively i am backing the other 12 teams to qualify for the next round. I need to work out the odds on that to see if its more than 33/1 which it may well be as no doubt PP will have offered a lower price.

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan We've got Man Utd next week so Johnson, Gerrard and Suarez won't be risked. In saying that though our fringe players have been performing much better recently and I think we will win. 1.20 isn't a price worth taking though.

Number of Premier League Teams to be knocked out in the 3rd round :void(0)'>Click here to collapse this section :void(0)'> FA Cup Specials Singles Only Applies to the 2012/2013 FA Cup :void(0)'>Exactly 4 33/1 :void(0)'>Exactly 7 5/2 :void(0)'>Exactly 10 12/1 :void(0)'>Exactly 5 9/1 :void(0)'>Exactly 8 11/4 :void(0)'>11 or more 25/1 :void(0)'>Exactly 6 7/2 :void(0)'>Exactly 9 5/1 was thinking of looking at an alternative market for the weekend and found this on Paddy power specials, name the number of premier teams to be knocked out this weekend
What happens if it's a draw - (e.g. if Brighton and Newcastle is a draw tomorrow, but Brighton win the replay)?

Word of warning re: Macclesfield-Cardiff - although team news has yet to be announced, there are strong rumours that mackay will field a side largely made up of fringe players and youth team members. We have a squad capable of overcoming non-league opposition, even when resting several first teamers but I'd avoid lumping on or going for overs. Velikonja, a summer buy for £1m, is yet to make an impact but is expected to start with mackay having said in the press that he will have time on the pitch. Whilst having done very little for the first team, there are good reports of him from the reserves. Youth striker nat Jarvis has already faced Macclesfield in the league whilst on loan at forest green, so should be able to provide some info on the opposition. Our midfield has good strength in depth and I'd expect a decent midfield, even with rested players. In defence, ben nugent made a great beginning to his first team career when deputising earlier in the season and I'd hope he gets a start here. I'm not sure how many youngsters will be given a chance at the back with both Declan John and Luke coulson potential full backs. I'd expect Marshall to keep the no. 1 spot with a number of outfield changes. Mackay has spoken of the next game against Ipswich being of bigger importance but I doubt anything less than a win would be helpful in pushing us forward. Overall, I'd expect Macclesfield to put up a good battle regardless of what out starting 11 will be. If we do field a handful of youngsters, then a more cautious approach with a natural goalscorer would suggest to me a 1-0 or 2-0 victory would be a decent possibility. But being the FA cup 3rd round, I won't be betting myself!

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan Boro have 15 players injured and there will be a few young lads making their squad debuts. Example defender Burgess who was a University student last year. Its the worse injury crisis I have known in my 40 years of supporting the club. 6 players have hamstring injuries which must be a record at any club. The club see their priority clearly in the Championship. I would not be betting on them winning by 3 goals etc at anywhere near current prices. I have seen Boro fail to beat the following non league sides Nuneaton, Sutton, Wimbledon, Wycombe and Bishop Stortford and struggle against Hednesford.

Boro have 15 players injured and there will be a few young lads making their squad debuts. Example defender Burgess who was a University student last year. Its the worse injury crisis I have known in my 40 years of supporting the club. 6 players have hamstring injuries which must be a record at any club. The club see their priority clearly in the Championship. I would not be betting on them winning by 3 goals etc at anywhere near current prices. I have seen Boro fail to beat the following non league sides Nuneaton' date=' Sutton, Wimbledon, Wycombe and Bishop Stortford and struggle against Hednesford.[/quote'] Don't think you truely understand how poor Hastings are compared to a Championship. Also in this day and age the gap between pro and semi-pro is huge whereas back when those games took place I would imagine it wasn't so big. Like I say whatever team you put out the players should be rather embarrassed if they don't win by at least three goals. The gulf in class is massive. In my view its a bit like England taking on someone like San Marino. For those of you who don't read the non-league threads on here I am not the sort of person who tips up a max bet every week, indeed this is the first one I have had this season.

4pts Brighton to beat Newcastle 8/5 Coral Newcastle went out of the cup to lower league opposition at Stevenage last season and the form they are in you would have to believe there is every chance of it happening again here. Although Brighton aren’t in the best form themselves they have the pressure off them here which could be the difference in the end. There’s no doubt that when Brighton play their best football they are a match for most teams and they can prove that against an inconsistent, struggling Newcastle side who may well rotate a few players too. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/brighton-vs-newcastle-betting-brighton-can-send-newcastle-packing-to-lower-league-opposition-for-second-straight-year
Brighton has not been good at home this season though, only four wins, all against the bottom four in the division. Personally i would have taken Newcastle DnB at 2.16, but i'm not sure if nufc care about the cup.

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan manchester united are now 1.80+... if ferguson really puts vidic, jones, cleverly and young, smalling on the cards also, there already is a potential to solve this without further nuissance. provided they are motivated as they say they are. raise probably because of chamakh and cole transfers along with nolan and collins return. still, big sam's statements don't oose to much optimism and they do miss diame and carrol still, two of their key players. would like to hear some more opinions on this...

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan Injuries and suspensions Brighton v Newcastle Utd Brighton: Buckley, Bruno, Vicente Newcastle Utd: Tiote, Bigirimana (doubtful), Ba (left the club), S. Taylor, Cabaye, R. Taylor, Ben Arfa, Gutierrez, Gosling, Vuckic

manchester united are now 1.80+... if ferguson really puts vidic, jones, cleverly and young, smalling on the cards also, there already is a potential to solve this without further nuissance. provided they are motivated as they say they are. raise probably because of chamakh and cole transfers along with nolan and collins return. still, big sam's statements don't oose to much optimism and they do miss diame and carrol still, two of their key players. would like to hear some more opinions on this...
Yeah, definitely interesting now. I think the raise of odds came through the news that Ferguson will do some changes rather that the arrivals of Cole and Chamakh. Furthermore Kagawa should get game time according to Ferguson. Diame's absence is a really blow but Carroll's isn't to me. Nevertheless I wait for the startinx XI of Manchester United.

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan perhaps, but ferguson always makes changes! i wouldn't agree on carroll as i don't see carlton cole as an adequate replacement and hammers do need to change tactics because of his missing, madiga is off to can, vaz te fit though, whatever the advantage is. fact is that allardyce didn't have the chance to rest most of his players, so basically you have four rested ones - nolan, collins and two newcomers cole and chamakh. rest are of questionable fitness, imo.

Brighton has not been good at home this season though' date=' only four wins, all against the bottom four in the division. Personally i would have taken Newcastle DnB at 2.16, but i'm not sure if nufc care about the cup.[/quote'] Pardew has stated in the press of how highly he rates the FA cup and the need for Newcastle to start winning games.

perhaps' date=' but ferguson always makes changes! i wouldn't agree on carroll as i don't see carlton cole as an adequate replacement and hammers do need to change tactics because of his missing, madiga is off to can, vaz te fit though, whatever the advantage is. fact is that allardyce didn't have the chance to rest most of his players, so basically you have four rested ones - nolan, collins and two newcomers cole and chamakh. rest are of questionable fitness, imo.[/quote'] That's true that Allardyce could hardly rotate his squad as it isn't that big plus they have a lot of injured players. I didn't know that Maiga is already off to the African Cup of Nation's. bench won't be great for West Ham. But I still will wait for line-ups which will be published an hour before kick-off.

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan Nottm Forest -1 AH v Oldham @ 1.825 Bet365 (6 Points) On closer inspection of the matches, this is the one that jumps out as bet of the round to me. Forest are a decent championship side with goals in them and they have a big squad to choose from. What's more is they have a new manager in Mcleish who is yet to record his first win. He will be desperate to get off the mark and with a good squad available to choose from, he really should be getting a convincing win against lower league opposition today. Oldham also have problems of their own with a number of players out through injury or suspension in the middle of busy fixture list for their small squad. dickov only had 8 players training on Thursday and you have to wonder what preparation they have had for this match. I'm confident that circumstances aren't right for an upset here and I definitely think Forest will win. There has had to be a good chance that they will do it convincingly too to get new manager Mcleish off the mark.

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan Brighton v Newcastle over 2.5 @1.86 pinnacle Brighton v Newcastle over 3.5 @ 2.96 sportsbet Brighton (9th placed in the Championship) should have close to a full strength side to face Newcastle and should have some confidence after beating Ipswich (19th placed in the Championship) 3-0 but they did lost 3-1 at home to Watford (6th placed in the Championship) and drew 2-2 at home with Millwall (7th placed in the Championship) prior to that, so they have been amongst the goals. With Newcastle having allowed 22 goals in losing 7 of their last 9 EPL games, then would like to believe that Brighton too can score here. However Newcastle have scored 12 goals in their last 8 EPL games on the road, and in 13 of their last 9 EPL games overall, so they have been finding the score sheet as well. With a mild and dry day expected, should be good conditins for a few goals in this game Aston Villa @ 1.81 pinnacle Aston Villa -1 (EH) @ 3.10 sportsbet Villa went off the boil with three heavy losses to Chelsea, Tottenham and Wigan but they regained some pride with a 2-2 away to Swansea and but for an injury time penalty would have won the game. Doubt that there will be much rotation in this squad as they do not have much depth so expect them to field a pretty strong team even though they have Bradford in the League Cup during the week. Agbonlahor and Bent are said to feature which gives them quality up front. Ipswich (19th in the Championship) have won 5 of their last 8 games but they have beaten teams placed around them with the 3-0 home win over 7th placd Millwall of note, but they have lost 3-0 at home to 9th placed Brighton and 2-0 at 8th placed Leeds, so playing against an even better side than these two from the EPL, will be hard for them. They have Henderson and Orr ineligible to play, while Chambers is injured and Drury is sick, so they are missing some players for this game. Villa look to be too good here if they play close to their best side, as Ipswich have a big game away to Cardiff to worry about Sunderland @ 2.79 pinnacle Sunderland will bring some players into their side to cover their injuries, with the likes of Vaughn, Bramble, Campbell and Wickham likely to get a start, and each of these have EPL experience, so there should not be too much of a drop off in their game. Bolton have several players out, with Holden, Davies and Mills out, and few others with niggling injuries. They sit 16th in the Championship, and have lost 3 of their last 4 games, which included a 1-0 home loss to 22nd placed Sheffield Wednesday and a 5-4 away loss at 21st placed Peterborough. Sunderland have played against the likes of Man Utd, Man City, Tottenham and Liverpool recently, so they will be battle-hardened, and have a good record at Bolton from their recent meetings in the EPL, having beaten them on the last 3 occasions, and with O'Neill looking for his side to go on a cup run, expect their near full strength line up to have too much for them. Stoke @ 2.48 pinnacle Looks like Stoke will have pretty much a full strength side as they look to continue their very good run of form. They have been hard to breach their defence as they have 3 clean sheets in their last 4 away games in the EPL, and like them to hold out Crystal Palace who are likely to rest some players, given that they have promotion in mind. CP have scored and conceded in their last 6 games, which is typical of Holloway's approach to games, but coming up a very strong defence, means scoring goals will be much tougher than usual. Conversely, conceding goals has been a problem for them of late , and given that Stoke have scored three goals in 2 of their last 3 games, then CP will have problems holding them out. Like Stoke to edge this Peterborough v Norwich over 3.5 @ 2.53 pinnacle Peterborough sit in 21st spot in the Championship with relegation on their minds, and having several players out for this game for various reasons, then they look light coming into this game against their neighbours Norwich. Norwich also have some players out but they too will be looking to make the most of this game, as they have lost their last four games in the EPL. Both teams have been featuring in some high scoring games as Peterborough have scored at least two goals in their last 6 Championship games, while they have conceded at least two goals in 5 of their last 8 games. Norwich have scored and conceded in 9 of their last 10 games, and have allowed at least two goals in 5 of their last 7 games in all competitions. With both teams not only looking to advance but also bragging rights in East Anglia, then like this to be a high scoring game Southampton v Chelsea under 2.5 @ 2.32 pinnacle Southampton have gone under in 7 of their last 8 EPL games, as they look to consolidate their defence, and not be as easily breached as they were at the start of the season. Expect them to carry this mentality into this cup game, especially with Chelsea coming to St Mary's Stadium, as they will likely rest some of their players but still should have a talented line up for this game. Their defence has conceded just one goal in their last 4 EPL games, and doubt that their will be many changes here given that Terry is still out. With neither side giving much away, then expect a low scoring game 62-121 (-29.25)

Word of warning re: Macclesfield-Cardiff - although team news has yet to be announced, there are strong rumours that mackay will field a side largely made up of fringe players and youth team members. We have a squad capable of overcoming non-league opposition, even when resting several first teamers but I'd avoid lumping on or going for overs. Velikonja, a summer buy for £1m, is yet to make an impact but is expected to start with mackay having said in the press that he will have time on the pitch. Whilst having done very little for the first team, there are good reports of him from the reserves. Youth striker nat Jarvis has already faced Macclesfield in the league whilst on loan at forest green, so should be able to provide some info on the opposition. Our midfield has good strength in depth and I'd expect a decent midfield, even with rested players. In defence, ben nugent made a great beginning to his first team career when deputising earlier in the season and I'd hope he gets a start here. I'm not sure how many youngsters will be given a chance at the back with both Declan John and Luke coulson potential full backs. I'd expect Marshall to keep the no. 1 spot with a number of outfield changes. Mackay has spoken of the next game against Ipswich being of bigger importance but I doubt anything less than a win would be helpful in pushing us forward. Overall, I'd expect Macclesfield to put up a good battle regardless of what out starting 11 will be. If we do field a handful of youngsters, then a more cautious approach with a natural goalscorer would suggest to me a 1-0 or 2-0 victory would be a decent possibility. But being the FA cup 3rd round, I won't be betting myself!
The mornings press are quoting mackay as fully resting his first team and will be putting youth players on the bench also. Expected line up: Gk: Lewis - ex Peterbro keeper signed as cover to Marshall Defence: coulson, nugent, oshilaja, John. A very inexperienced youth backline. Again, nugent very much impressed in the 1st team earlier this year but did have an experienced defence around him. On the plus side, they all know each other and how to play together from the academy, where they have all built themselves good individual reputations but I'd be a little concerned how they fare up against a potentially physical non-league approach to the game. Midfield: Harris, kiss, mcphail, ralls. This would certainly be a decent midfield at this level. Mcphail is likely to captain the team, a very experienced midfielder with excellent ball control and passing ability, I'd expect him to be the linch pin with us playing for him to dictate the game. Phillip kiss, alongside him should be more than capable at this level. The 2 young wingers both have league experience, england u19 international ralls has featured on and off for us under mackay and kadeem Harris came to us from Wycombe with a promising future but hasn't had game time because of the quality we now have in his position. Forwards: the man from Maribor will be expected to partner youngster nat Jarvis. Subs: all youth players. Again, whilst we appear to have a good academy producing potential future stars, there is a worry that no-one stands out as having the ability to come on and make a difference, should Macclesfield take charge of the game. I still think we should win but the odds reflect a team closer to our first team than the one we look set to play. I'd guess we will sit back and protect the young defence and with only kadeem Harris offering any real pace in midfield, it wouldn't surprise me to see us challenge more from set pieces than open play. Whilst there is an argument that the FA cup provides distractions, I think a replay would likely see mackay put the same side out again and not risk the first team players, so I wouldn't discount the replay either. No bet for me, possibly too blinkered into thinking we're good enough? :unsure

Number of Premier League Teams to be knocked out in the 3rd round :void(0)'>Click here to collapse this section :void(0)'> FA Cup Specials Singles Only Applies to the 2012/2013 FA Cup :void(0)'>Exactly 4 33/1 :void(0)'>Exactly 7 5/2 :void(0)'>Exactly 10 12/1 :void(0)'>Exactly 5 9/1 :void(0)'>Exactly 8 11/4 :void(0)'>11 or more 25/1 :void(0)'>Exactly 6 7/2 :void(0)'>Exactly 9 5/1 was thinking of looking at an alternative market for the weekend and found this on Paddy power specials, name the number of premier teams to be knocked out this weekend 33/1 for 4 is the 4 that play each other, so thats a given and you get a great price if you think all other 12 teams have a chance of going through I was thinking of backing exactly 4 and the 5 or 6 also. Eaxactly 5 is 9/1 and 6 is 7/2. Its a risk as team news is important etc Anyone else got a view on this, effectively i am backing the other 12 teams to qualify for the next round. I need to work out the odds on that to see if its more than 33/1 which it may well be as no doubt PP will have offered a lower price.
Just had a look a this. Last year I think there were only 2 all-Premiership 3rd Round ties, meaning there were 16 Prem v Lower League ones. West Ham, Wigan and Wolves were all knocked out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011–12_FA_Cup This year, there are 12 Prem v Lower League ties: Brighton v Newcastle Villa v Ipswich Bolton v Sunderland Crawley v Reading Palace v Stoke Fulham v Blackpool Man City v Watford Peterboro v Norwich Spurs v Coventry Wigan v Bournemouth Mansfield v Liverpool Cheltenham v Everton Using last year as a guide, my guess is that 2 will be knocked out which would give a total of 6. This year's ties look a bit easier for the Premier League clubs. There might be slight value in '6' at 7/2 I suppose.