** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan

Aidymac

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan

Birmingham without: Caddis(df 7/0),Delfouneso(df 0/0),Carr(df 0/0),Murphy(df 13/0),Diop(mf 2/1),Fahey(mf 7/0),Abrose(mf 5/0),Mullins(mf 22/1),Asante(att 0/0),Jervis(att 2/0),King(att 21/12 top scorer) and Zigic(att 16/5 ,2nd scorer). doubtful are: Packwood(df 5/0),Spector(df 21/0),Burke(mf 25/2),Lovenkards(att 14/2) and Reilly(att 5/0). 12 players for sure out + 5 other doubtful (i dont think that coach will force them) so practicly Birmingham without 17 players!!!!! coach call 10 teenagers in team..

http://www.betrush.com/pick,Leeds___Birmingham,45630.html

is Leeds really interested in FA Cup? is yes i think HW is to try! many many importants missings for Birmingham!

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AFC Bournemouth may well be worth a look at Wigan. They are yet to be beaten under the stewardship of Eddie Howe after he took over from Paul Groves earlier on in the season. Wigan are without main striker Arouna Kone as he is on African Cup of Nations duty. Also' date=' Roberto Martinez may play a 2nd string side here as his main focus will be survival in the Premiership. He came out and slammed Wigans 2nd string side however earlier on in the season after their humiliating Carling Cup defeat to Bradford. The Latics do have a history of under-performing in the Cup also as I re-call Paulo Di Canio's Swindon defeating them in the 3rd round of last seasons FA Cup.[/quote'] I fancy the chances for both of these and will be looking to combine them for a good price as well as back singles. All stakes will be low as we all know how the FA Cup can throw up some amazing results and upsets which will have the bookies rubbing their hands together. Fingers crossed we can pull a few diamonds from the rough and keep that bank balance growing. I will also be getting on Macclesfield as the rumours flying around today suggest that Cardiff are concentrating on promotion and Mackay will be fielding the entire City second string. The price is already shortening so I will be taking them today as they will fancy their chances at home against a team who will lack cohesion and match fitness. Macclesfield Bournemouth Man Utd Treble @ 45.72 Bet365

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan I am surprised people are backing Macclesfield. They are struggling on the whole although they did do well to beat Swindon in the 1st Round. Even if they are putting a reserve side out I would still fancy Cardiff to win.

AFC Bournemouth may well be worth a look at Wigan. They are yet to be beaten under the stewardship of Eddie Howe after he took over from Paul Groves earlier on in the season. Wigan are without main striker Arouna Kone as he is on African Cup of Nations duty. Also, Roberto Martinez may play a 2nd string side here as his main focus will be survival in the Premiership. He came out and slammed Wigans 2nd string side however earlier on in the season after their humiliating Carling Cup defeat to Bradford. The Latics do have a history of under-performing in the Cup also as I re-call Paulo Di Canio's Swindon defeating them in the 3rd round of last seasons FA Cup.

I did consider this myself, in the wake of Wigan's defeat to United. What would concern me though, is prior to the Bradford defeat, the 2nd string side recorded convincing 4-1 wins away at Forest & West Ham in the Carling Cup. With Wigan as big as 1.85 at home to a League One opponent, I'm not sure there is much value in Bournemouth. Perhaps BTTS.

I did consider this myself' date=' in the wake of Wigan's defeat to United. What would concern me though, is prior to the Bradford defeat, the 2nd string side recorded convincing 4-1 wins away at Forest & West Ham in the Carling Cup. With Wigan as big as 1.85 at home to a League One opponent, I'm not sure there is much value in Bournemouth. Perhaps BTTS.[/quote'] will Kone fit to play?i know he will go to Afrincan National Cup only after that game! do you confirm?

I am surprised people are backing Macclesfield. They are struggling on the whole although they did do well to beat Swindon in the 1st Round. Even if they are putting a reserve side out I would still fancy Cardiff to win.
It's the cup. Performances in the league don't really mean much IMO as sides up their game, become more motivated etc. Obviously you know more about non league than I do, but Macclesfield don't look to be that bad to me :unsure

It's the cup. Performances in the league don't really mean much IMO as sides up their game' date=' become more motivated etc. Obviously you know more about non league than I do, but Macclesfield don't look to be that bad to me :unsure[/quote'] Form of late is pretty bad and I think a good start to the season means they are a bit higher up the table than they should be. They do have decent forward players so if they are on a very good day they could cause them problems, but they don't strike me as a team likely to cause another upset especially against a team like Cardiff even a second string side.

I will also be getting on Macclesfield as the rumours flying around today suggest that Cardiff are concentrating on promotion and Mackay will be fielding the entire City second string.
I think it's a good point about teams concentrating on promotion. As a Crystal Palace supporter, I really wouldn't be too bothered if we get knocked out by Stoke tomorrow. In fact, the best thing for Palace would be if we get knocked out and our promotion rivals (Cardiff, Leicester, Middlebrough, Hull and Watford) all stay in for as long as possible. The worst thing would be for us to stay in and everyone else get knocked out. Also, I think the prize of promotion to the Premiership is so big that the cup is probably less important to Championship sides than League 1 and League 2 teams. Perhaps there is some value in backing lower league sides against Championship promotion contenders? Looking at top half Championship sides (who might think they have a chance of the playoffs) playing lower league sides tomorrow: Macclesfield v Cardiff Leicester v Burton Millwall v Preston Derby v Tranmere Forest v Oldham Hull v Orient Perhaps there's value in opposing some of these?

will Kone fit to play?i know he will go to Afrincan National Cup only after that game! do you confirm?
Yes Kone is available apparently (from Sportinglife): [h=2]Roger Espinoza and Angelo Henriquez are both expected to make their Wigan debuts in Saturday's FA Cup third-round tie with Bournemouth at the DW Stadium.[/h]Espinoza completed his move from American Major League Soccer this lunchtime whilst Henriquez has joined on loan from Manchester United for the remainder of the campaign. Manager Roberto Martinez is expected to make a number of changes, with Callum McManaman amongst those tipped for a rare start, while Arouna Kone is available before heading off on African Nations Cup duty with the Ivory Coast. Bournemouth have very little to worry about on the injury front. The only real selection dilemma for manager Eddie Howe is which goalkeeper he will select as he looks to cause an cup upset and extend his side's unbeaten run to 17 games since he returned to the club. Former Peterborough keeper Shwan Jalal played in their victories over Dagenham and Carlisle in the earlier rounds but has played second fiddle to the Cherries' current number one David James in npower League One. If the 42-year-old is given the nod it will be his 59th appearance in the competition, three of which have come in finals themselves. Three of the large Bournemouth squad returned back to the south coast from loan moves this week with Mark Molesley, Josh Wakefield and Wes Thomas all back in training having been at Plymouth, Dagenham and Blackpool respectively. While their arrivals boost Howe's options they are not expected to come into the side at the DW Stadium. On the loan front striker Lee Barnard returned to parent club Southampton this week after the end of his 16-game stay with the Cherries while Brett Pitman made his loan move from Bristol City a permanent one on Thursday for an undisclosed fee. Wigan squad: Al Habsi, Pollitt, Boyce, Caldwell, Ramis, Figueroa, Beausejour, Jones, Maloney, Espinoza, McCarthy, McArthur, Stam, McManaman, Di Santo, Henriquez, Boselli, Fyvie, Redmond, Mustoe, Orsula, Morris.

Yes Kone is available apparently (from Sportinglife): Roger Espinoza and Angelo Henriquez are both expected to make their Wigan debuts in Saturday's FA Cup third-round tie with Bournemouth at the DW Stadium. Espinoza completed his move from American Major League Soccer this lunchtime whilst Henriquez has joined on loan from Manchester United for the remainder of the campaign. Manager Roberto Martinez is expected to make a number of changes, with Callum McManaman amongst those tipped for a rare start, while Arouna Kone is available before heading off on African Nations Cup duty with the Ivory Coast. Bournemouth have very little to worry about on the injury front. The only real selection dilemma for manager Eddie Howe is which goalkeeper he will select as he looks to cause an cup upset and extend his side's unbeaten run to 17 games since he returned to the club. Former Peterborough keeper Shwan Jalal played in their victories over Dagenham and Carlisle in the earlier rounds but has played second fiddle to the Cherries' current number one David James in npower League One. If the 42-year-old is given the nod it will be his 59th appearance in the competition, three of which have come in finals themselves. Three of the large Bournemouth squad returned back to the south coast from loan moves this week with Mark Molesley, Josh Wakefield and Wes Thomas all back in training having been at Plymouth, Dagenham and Blackpool respectively. While their arrivals boost Howe's options they are not expected to come into the side at the DW Stadium. On the loan front striker Lee Barnard returned to parent club Southampton this week after the end of his 16-game stay with the Cherries while Brett Pitman made his loan move from Bristol City a permanent one on Thursday for an undisclosed fee. Wigan squad: Al Habsi, Pollitt, Boyce, Caldwell, Ramis, Figueroa, Beausejour, Jones, Maloney, Espinoza, McCarthy, McArthur, Stam, McManaman, Di Santo, Henriquez, Boselli, Fyvie, Redmond, Mustoe, Orsula, Morris.
ok thnx! ill go for goals here.Bournemouth is able to score! do you know what are roles of 2 new players for Wigan?

I fancy the chances for both of these and will be looking to combine them for a good price as well as back singles. All stakes will be low as we all know how the FA Cup can throw up some amazing results and upsets which will have the bookies rubbing their hands together. Fingers crossed we can pull a few diamonds from the rough and keep that bank balance growing. I will also be getting on Macclesfield as the rumours flying around today suggest that Cardiff are concentrating on promotion and Mackay will be fielding the entire City second string. The price is already shortening so I will be taking them today as they will fancy their chances at home against a team who will lack cohesion and match fitness. Macclesfield Bournemouth Man Utd Treble @ 45.72 Bet365
I have to say I think United are pretty poor value. If it was a league game is say yes, get on. But I think West Ham under Sam Allerdyce will be bang up for the tie. Also United are probably going to change things around for this tie. Carrick, Evra and Van Persie will probably be rested. Wellbeck and Hernandez will probably lead the line as Rooney is still injured, which isn't a bad pairing tbh if this was a league game. West Ham have signed Joe Cole, and Marouane Chamakh so that will boost them. I just think odds on for a United side that are going to make changes, playing a West Ham side away is poor for the cup. West Ham can probably relax a little as well after having such a great start to the season, and they don't have anything to lose here.

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan Macclesfield-Cardiff under 2.75 @1.85 4/10 188bet Macclesfield are playing in the fifth division while Cardiff are on top of the second division. Cardiff are expected ro rest their entire first team for this match as their number one goal is the promotion. as they have new owners since summer, they don't need the money of this competition. All of their first XI players are set to remain at home. Many fringe players will play. Macclesfield will certainly give them a good fight in front of a full house. Macclesfield will miss their right-back Jackson as he was sent of for a brutal attack in their last match. Striker Barnes-Homer (15 goals) was pictured on twitter with crutches so he is doubtful. Even with him, they will have a tough match although Cardiff play with their second team. Nevertheless the difference between both sides shouldn't be that big under these circumstances. Cardiff's second stringe will find it tough and I cannot see them winning higher than with just a one-goal-margin. Both teams to play more defensively, Cardiff play with their reserves and Macclesfield in front of their fans with the big chance to achieve the next round. 1:0, 1:1 or 0:1 for me. GL

Some gut feeling on possible value: Villa v Ipswich @ 3.75 Blackburn v Bristol City @ 4.75 Crawley @ 2.88 v Reading Derby v Tranmere @ 4.2 Fulham v Blackpool @ 5.0 Leeds v Birmingham @ 3.8 Millwall v Preston @ 5.0 Forest v Oldham @ 6.0 Spurs @ 1.2 v Coventry (Probably on the handicap) Wigan v Bournemouth @ 4.2 I've shortlisted these ten teams from the 32 games, as the teams highlighted have good recent Shots on Target stats compared with their opponents in recent games (these stats are taken from the BBC football website). I'm pretty convinced there is some value in some of these. I'm going to try and narrow it down and hope to write more …
I've been thinking about these games, and decided to recommend just the one tip on Tottenham. Very short odds at 1.22 but Tottenham have been walking all over lower half Premiership teams recently, dominating games against teams like Villa, Sunderland and Reading. Coventry have been doing well, but there is a gap in class between League One and the Premiership. Odds of 1.22 imply an 82% chance of a win. Based on Spurs' recent performances, I think Spurs chances of winning are higher than 83% - I'd say they are around 90%, so the bet is good value. Spurs also have a very good cup record against lower league sides. Tottenham v Coventry Tottenham 1.22 William Hill Strength: 8/10 (confidence I have in the value of the bet) I think there's a good chance that there's some value on the other teams in bold from the first post, but the FA Cup is less predictable than the league and I'm finding it hard to identify particular matches. I think I'll come back to it when the results are in just to see how a 10-point level on stake on every game would have done. The total stake on all 10 games @ 10 points/stake = 100 points.

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan Sunderland 7/4 with Betvictor I think Sunderland can win at Bolton and worth a stab. I agree league form goes out the window etc otherwise you'd never get giant killings, which is what this competition is most famous for. That said, I think its fair to say Sunderland would have been expecting better things this year and should be motivated to try to get a decent cup run on the go. Surely MO'N will field a strong side? It will be worth waiting to get closer to kick off for team news but if it's anything like his strongest XI then I'll for the Black Cats against a Bolton team that's also disappointed this season (albeit at a lower level) and in particular on their travels.

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan but why would o'neill field a stronger side if he himself admitted his players are totally tired, which is logical after festivity season? really don't see the logic here... i would consider mk dons and, believe you me, arsenal!

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan Hello Everyone. Boro fan here. With regards to the injury concerns, we've had at least 10 players out all season. I'm fairly sure we will line up something like this: Leutwiler ( ex basle, europa league experience, played a couple of games for us) Parnaby (lots of appearances this season, decent player. Borderline first team) Burgess (was on the bench against derby) Bailey (midfielder but has filled in at cb a few times this season due to injuries. Borderline first team) Halliday (quick decent attacking left back. Borderline first team) Reach (has goals in him, should be too much for hastings. Borderline first team) Thompson (probably leaving us anyway so might aswell play him in this game. If he could ever stay fit he would be borderline first team) Smallwood (has goals in him, decent young player. Borderline first team) Zemmama (Clever winger, scores. Borderline first team) Luke Williams (Decent youngster, scored a couple this season and is very skillful) Ishmael Miller (Been suprisingly decent since he joined on loan from Forest and has been amongst the goals) So whilst the injury list looks bad, we still have more than a decent enough team to put a few past Hastings. We do generally score a couple every game but aren't the best defensively. Boro to score 3 or more @ 4/6 at boylesports looks the bet to be on for me. Boro - 2.25 on asian handicap should also come in but it wouldn't surprise me if Hastings get 1 or 2, especially if they come and attack like they say they will. In a way with the injuries to first teamers it might make Boro more of a cert as the kids (Williams, Reach, Smallwood, Halliday) will all want to show more of what they can do to try and push into the first team. They all have goals in them. If it was first teamers they might score a couple and then relax after that. Last point is that the Barrow game (2-1) a few years back was very different. Barrow aren't as bad as Hastings for a start, the Boro team that day was under Southgate and it was a very poor time for Boro, rubbish defensive performances and no confidence. Best of luck everyone, hope this helps.

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan Luton v Wolves - i think wolves have great value away to luton, slightly overlooked i feel, luton are a blue square prem side and even though upsets do happen in the cup i think wolves will be strong for them? the only thing putting me off is the fact that wolves have lost the last 3 games thinking of a wolves & man united double: wolves @ 21/20 Man Utd @ 4/6 2.41/1 on skybet any advice or thoughts please?

Luton v Wolves - i think wolves have great value away to luton, slightly overlooked i feel, luton are a blue square prem side and even though upsets do happen in the cup i think wolves will be strong for them? the only thing putting me off is the fact that wolves have lost the last 3 games thinking of a wolves & man united double: wolves @ 21/20 Man Utd @ 4/6 2.41/1 on skybet any advice or thoughts please?
I think Wolves are good value as Luton's defence isn't the best. Their manager knows that he could do without losing this aswell. I just don't see the value in Manu at 4/6. They have much bigger fish to fry and could probably do without the fixture congestion. If they win it will be with a much weakened side and I imagine West Ham will be quite up for this.

Hello Everyone. Boro fan here. With regards to the injury concerns, we've had at least 10 players out all season. I'm fairly sure we will line up something like this: Leutwiler ( ex basle, europa league experience, played a couple of games for us) Parnaby (lots of appearances this season, decent player. Borderline first team) Burgess (was on the bench against derby) Bailey (midfielder but has filled in at cb a few times this season due to injuries. Borderline first team) Halliday (quick decent attacking left back. Borderline first team) Reach (has goals in him, should be too much for hastings. Borderline first team) Thompson (probably leaving us anyway so might aswell play him in this game. If he could ever stay fit he would be borderline first team) Smallwood (has goals in him, decent young player. Borderline first team) Zemmama (Clever winger, scores. Borderline first team) Luke Williams (Decent youngster, scored a couple this season and is very skillful) Ishmael Miller (Been suprisingly decent since he joined on loan from Forest and has been amongst the goals) So whilst the injury list looks bad, we still have more than a decent enough team to put a few past Hastings. We do generally score a couple every game but aren't the best defensively. Boro to score 3 or more @ 4/6 at boylesports looks the bet to be on for me. Boro - 2.25 on asian handicap should also come in but it wouldn't surprise me if Hastings get 1 or 2, especially if they come and attack like they say they will. In a way with the injuries to first teamers it might make Boro more of a cert as the kids (Williams, Reach, Smallwood, Halliday) will all want to show more of what they can do to try and push into the first team. They all have goals in them. If it was first teamers they might score a couple and then relax after that. Last point is that the Barrow game (2-1) a few years back was very different. Barrow aren't as bad as Hastings for a start, the Boro team that day was under Southgate and it was a very poor time for Boro, rubbish defensive performances and no confidence. Best of luck everyone, hope this helps.
Thanks for that as it increases confidence. Even if Hastings score I still think you will easily cover the -2 handicap and if they go on the attack then Boro could score a hatful and punish them at the back. Amazingly Hastings are now as short as 14/1 to win which is just plain crazy. Totally agree with the point about the Barrow game it is very different from tomorrows one.

Luton v Wolves - i think wolves have great value away to luton, slightly overlooked i feel, luton are a blue square prem side and even though upsets do happen in the cup i think wolves will be strong for them? the only thing putting me off is the fact that wolves have lost the last 3 games thinking of a wolves & man united double: wolves @ 21/20 Man Utd @ 4/6 2.41/1 on skybet any advice or thoughts please?
My preview for the Luton match is on page 2.

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan 4pts Brighton to beat Newcastle 8/5 Coral Newcastle went out of the cup to lower league opposition at Stevenage last season and the form they are in you would have to believe there is every chance of it happening again here. Although Brighton aren’t in the best form themselves they have the pressure off them here which could be the difference in the end. There’s no doubt that when Brighton play their best football they are a match for most teams and they can prove that against an inconsistent, struggling Newcastle side who may well rotate a few players too. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/brighton-vs-newcastle-betting-brighton-can-send-newcastle-packing-to-lower-league-opposition-for-second-straight-year

Whatever you do, try not to take the 4/6 on United. Horrible price!! They are 1.83 on Betfair, and 4/5 with Bet365. Taking 4/6 in such situations will kill you in the long run, regardless of the result here

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan :drums This whole Hastings Middlesborough handicap thing has car crash written all over it. Reminds me too much of the "Free Money" threads you see so often on the betfair forum. In my view its foolish to back a team thats making more or less 11 changes even if the opposition is pretty bad.

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan 4pts West Ham vs Man Utd - Over 2.5 goals 7/10 Blue Square I think we’ll see some goals in this match. Neither side are brilliant at the back but both have good goalscoring options going the other way. In a normal game I would fancy Man Utd to win this match but they might rest one or two important players which puts me off them. West Ham could be considered slight value but for me the value lies in over 2.5 goals which I would personally price a lot shorter than 1.70. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/west-ham-vs-man-utd-betting-goals-should-come-readily-at-upton-park

Re: FA Cup > 29th Dec - 7th Jan Macclesfield v Cardiff - Cardiff at 2/3 Bristol Rovers v Gillingham - Gillingham at 10/11 Aldershot v Rotherham - Rotherham at 6/5 Luton v Wolves - Wolves at 11/10 Oxford v Sheffield United - Sheffield at 6/5 Peterborough v Norwich - Norwich at 8/7 Blackburn v Bristol City - Blackburn at 3/4 Some very good value in these games. Cardiff are playing a weakened team but should still win. Wolves on a bad run but should have enough quality to beat Luton. Blackburn and Norwich should win with ease.