** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Last 16 > Celtic v Juventus > Tue 12th February

Aidymac

Re: Last 16 > Celtic v Juventus > Tue 12th February

You're not a Celtic fan are you Aidymac?? Maybe Barcelona were too short at 1/4 - but it's a very long way from 1/4 to 1.85. -2AH to -0.5AH, it's a massive difference. I think there is a huge element of hinsight with the view that Barcelona were a "shocking price" at 1/4 etc - baring in mind you now know the result! If it was that "shocking", I'm sure a betting syndicate would have at least steered it nearer to the correct price - despite what most people think the price doesn't come from a bookmaker's head and stay there.
Certainly not, I don't like Celtic. I hope they get walloped. Just trying to speak from a value perspective mate.

Re: Last 16 > Celtic v Juventus > Tue 12th February You can't trust a Juventus team that doesn't have Chiellini. Also Their strikers waste too many chances and Asamoah will be a loss tonight as I don't think he will start. While Juventus are an excellent footballing team when at full strength and in full flow, I couldn't trust them tonight. I think they will settle for a draw. The *******s done me a few weeks ago when they somehow lost at home to Sampdoria, they just aren't playing well enough at the moment

Re: Last 16 > Celtic v Juventus > Tue 12th February Forgot to add I have taken the under 2.5 goals at 1.70. I think Juve will settle for a draw or if they score first they will shut up shop and try to keep it at 1-0. Similarly I fancy Celtic to defend robustly and be careful not to concede an away goal. Low scoring game on the cards

Re: Last 16 > Celtic v Juventus > Tue 12th February Celtic v Juventus Celtic to win @ 4/1 Bet365, Betvictor At these odds I have to have a punt on Celtic. Most teams would have a tough time beating them at home in europe and an Italian team should play right in to there hands. Juve like to build up play slowly and try to use Pirlo to exploit opposition, if Celtic can stop him playing and defend how they have done in the champions league thus far they should have little problems in keeping a clean sheet here. If the 'bhoys' can keep Pirlo quiet and get on the end of some set pieces themselves this price could look too generous after 90 minutes. Hooper 1st scorer @ 8/1 Paddy, Stanjames Wanyama 1st scorer @ 25/1 Stanjames, Betvictor, Betfred Mulgrew 1st scorer @ 28/1 Stanjames I expect Celtic to score 1st tonight despite the final result. The support they get is superb at home and an early goal against the Italian champs will only excite the fans that bit more. The goal will either come from a set piece where Celtic can be so dangerous or from the hitman up top that has been banging them in lately. I like the odds on all 3 so will take a small punt on each.

Re: Last 16 > Celtic v Juventus > Tue 12th February Efe Ambrose starts for Celtic after playing for Nigeria in CAN but bar Fraser Forster and Kris Commons every other Celtic player was rested on Saturday whereas Juventus fielded a first team on Saturday night. I've been pleasantly surprised by Celtic's performance in this Champions league this season and expect them to get something out of a close home game. Lay Juve to qualify @1.18 on betfair with a view to trading out.

Re: Last 16 > Celtic v Juventus > Tue 12th February Over 40 points on the card index @evens (paddypower) I know first leg matches can often be cagey non eventful matches but I can't see tonight being such a cagey affair. Celtic know that they have to get something out of this game so won't be holding back from getting stuck in, Juventus wont like such in your face tactics and may retaliate a bit. also a Spanish referee tonight and they don't mind flashing yellow cards. Overall there is a bit of value in over 40pts @ evens

Re: Last 16 > Celtic v Juventus > Tue 12th February I backed Celtic +1 and think that bet is a loser already,I really dont think Celtic can play at that tempo in the second half and the Juve strikers will have more chances on the break. so my in-play bets are: Vucinic next scorer-8/1 Matri next scorer 15/2

Re: Last 16 > Celtic v Juventus > Tue 12th February Well done Juve backers. It is fair to say Celtic were by far the better side for 80 minutes, Juve got their rare chances and took them, that was the difference. The 3-0 scoreline was no reflection on the actual game.

Another gift from the bookies much like the price available on Manchester United at the weekend. They don't come along often' date=' but you have to take advantage when they do.[/quote'] Good work mate, and bookies don't really price this stuff - it's the market in asia/betfair (ie the money) that decides where these prices go - so thank the Celtic backers for the inflated Juve price. Fantastic performance from Celtic after going 1-0 down so early btw, Juve just a lot more quality in the end - although Wanyama is excellent.

Re: Last 16 > Celtic v Juventus > Tue 12th February Juventus scored after 3 minutes. They then did not need to press - just hit on the counter and take their chances - as they did. I'm not saying I would have backed Juventus -2.5, or even -1.5 - but the difference here was the quality of the players - THE most important factor in any football match - regardless of any individual result.

Celtic v Juventus Celtic +0.5AH - 2.1 - pinnacle - 3 Points LOSS Draw - 3.65 - betinternet - 1 Point LOSS
3-0 is a real kick in the balls as it makes it look like a terrible call :lol (surely not)..I thought Celtic were very good and Juve were poor! Juve couldn't keep the ball and seemed sloppy when they did have it. Celtic were reluctant to take them on in the final third to make more of their possession, perhaps because of their relative lack of technical quality in comparison to the Italians, I was surprised by the high line Celtic held all game and it looked risky if Juve could play the right pass, which they were always likely to do eventually. I was confident of the bets coming in for most of the game but perhaps Ambrose's header was the best chance they had and after that it wasn't to be. Thought Wanyama was the best player on the pitch, will probably move on in the summer. Well done Juve backers.

3-0 is a real kick in the balls as it makes it look like a terrible call :lol (surely not)..I thought Celtic were very good and Juve were poor! Juve couldn't keep the ball and seemed sloppy when they did have it. Celtic were reluctant to take them on in the final third to make more of their possession, perhaps because of their relative lack of technical quality in comparison to the Italians, I was surprised by the high line Celtic held all game and it looked risky if Juve could play the right pass, which they were always likely to do eventually. I was confident of the bets coming in for most of the game but perhaps Ambrose's header was the best chance they had and after that it wasn't to be. Thought Wanyama was the best player on the pitch, will probably move on in the summer. Well done Juve backers.
At the end of the day you can't tell much from one match anyway so don't worry one match ever. At the end of the day, I backed Juve -1AH, but if I could have got Celtic +2.5 I would have been all over it (rightly so) and still came out losing.

Well done Juve backers. It is fair to say Celtic were by far the better side for 80 minutes, Juve got their rare chances and took them, that was the difference. The 3-0 scoreline was no reflection on the actual game.
Rubbish. All Celtic did was get wide and put low percentage crosses all night which Juve were supremely comfortable defending. Juve just patiently waited with their 1-0 advantage until the space freed up late on then cut Celtic apart late when the pressure in midfield dried up due to fatigue. The best passes and moves tonight all came from Juve. The best move Celtic pulled was getting Scot Brown to act like a knob all game and harass people. No offence mate but that comment is just ignorant. NB: Celtic did not play one successful penetrating pass on the ground behind the Juve defence to create a goal scoring opportunity all night just crosses from wide areas and as a result lost 3-0.

Good work mate, and bookies don't really price this stuff - it's the market in asia/betfair (ie the money) that decides where these prices go - so thank the Celtic backers for the inflated Juve price. Fantastic performance from Celtic after going 1-0 down so early btw, Juve just a lot more quality in the end - although Wanyama is excellent.
So you'd know the price on Juve went down then, not up? :lol suggesting they got a fair amount of attention. The worst possible thing happened last night to Celtic, and that's they conceded first and in the first twenty minutes. After that it was game over. These games happen where an opponent scores their only chances :(

So you'd know the price on Juve went down then, not up? :lol suggesting they got a fair amount of attention. The worst possible thing happened last night to Celtic, and that's they conceded first and in the first twenty minutes. After that it was game over. These games happen where an opponent scores their only chances :(
Juventus went out around 8/11 originally - closed 1.90 ish - that's called drifting. A lot of sour grapes here. Both sides obviously seen money - it's the Champions league, but if there wasn't the support there was for Celtic, Juventus would have went shorter - again - it's not priced by bookmakers it's essentially what people want to buy at what price. Let's try and get rid of this mug mentality yeah - anything can happen in an individual match and an odds compiler doesn't decide on these prices.

Juventus went out around 8/11 originally - closed 1.90 ish - that's called drifting. A lot of sour grapes here. Both sides obviously seen money - it's the Champions league, but if there wasn't the support there was for Celtic, Juventus would have went shorter - again - it's not priced by bookmakers it's essentially what people want to buy at what price. Let's try and get rid of this mug mentality yeah - anything can happen in an individual match and an odds compiler doesn't decide on these prices.
Could you please drop the attitude :ok No sour grapes here, or from anywhere that I can see. It depends on what book you look at, and whether you take the average, or highest / lowest odds available in order to formulate an opinion. Game's gone now anyway, probably best to move on to the next load :lol

It was an unusual Juve performance. They didn't control the ball' date=' created few chances, and scored them all.[/quote'] Very unusual but the players and Conte said that they studied Celtic a lot and tactically they were superb. They were just soaking pressure from Celtic knowing that the only danger from Celtic comes from set pieces. Conte prepared them very well. Sometimes a football game is won with brains and not high tempo or running like headles chickens. Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2