** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Last 16 > Shakhtar Donetsk v Borussia Dortmund > Wed 13th February

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Shakhtar Donetsk v Borussia Dortmund (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.62[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.95[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.41 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 1 month later...

Re: Last 16 > Shakhtar Donetsk v Borussia Dortmund > Wed 13th February how Shakhtar remplaced William who moved to Anzhi? he was n.1 star for Lucescu team his absence will be a big help for BvB who also are better performed after few weeks Bundes restarted Shahthar are playing only friendly games.it could be a problem BTS should be safe here

Re: Last 16 > Shakhtar Donetsk v Borussia Dortmund > Wed 13th February Sakhtar bought Taison, the best player of Metalist Karkhiv. He is a good player but i don't think that he can replace Willian. Sakhtar has a slow defence, they conceede 2 goals from Nordsjeeland 2 from Juve and 4 from Chelsea. They have a weak keeper. I think that BVB will score at least one goal on Donbass in the first leg

Re: Last 16 > Shakhtar Donetsk v Borussia Dortmund > Wed 13th February Shakhtar v Borussia Dortmund The tie of the round for me, other than Real v Utd, between two sides who love to play attacking football and have many quality, technical players, we should see plenty of goals over the two legs.. Shakhtar are in pre-season currently, playing friendlies to prepare them for the CL knockout games, their league season begins in early March. Willian is a big loss to the side, he has formed part of the attacking nature of the side for years with Luiz Adriano and Mkhitaryan. Taison has been signed to replace him, I've never watched him play but he is comfortable as a left winger and support striker so in theory should be a direct replacement, not sure if he will start the game though. The attacking end of the side has always been very fluid with the Brazilians and Mkhitaryan proving very difficult to close down by interchanging positions and playing a quick, short passing game, Mkhitaryan's goals from midfield will become even more important to the side now given Willians move. Their home record in Ukraine is excellent, in the CL they are pretty solid too coming through a tough group with Chelsea and Juventus..no reason to think this game will be much different probably be pretty tight, it wouldn't surprise me to see it end in a draw, both teams are dangerous on the counter but I expect to see Dortmund have more of the ball, Shakhtar have often played this way in the CL. Dortmund have been very impressive in all their away CL games so far, dominating Man City coming within a minute of defeating Madrid and battering Ajax 4-1. They have come back from the winter break in excellent form, unlikely to catch Bayern but they should regain second spot comfortably enough. Lewandowski is the fulcrum of the attack with Reus, Gotze and Grossenkrautz making all the runs in and around him. Last week I watched them against Leverkusen and they were lucky to escape with the three points in the end after almost throwing away their good work in the first 45 minutes, while they are very good going forward they are usually liable to concede like they did in all 3 of their away games of the group stage. As I said earlier in terms of how the game will pan out, I think Dortmund will have more of the possession with Shakhtar happy to play on the break they have plenty of pace in forward areas and just because they might sit back prefering to play on the counter for periods, they will certainly create chances. I see both teams scoring, Dortmund seem to be a 'we'll score more than you' team this season, but they will appreciate this is a two legged tie and they will be confident og finishing the tie off in the Westfalenstadion. It is very rare that Shakhtar don't score at home and they will know they will probably have to score to stand a chance in the tie. With all the attacking talent on show I struggle to see a cagey game, so I will have a play on both teams to score and over 2.5, also a small play on Reus to score anytime (Reus scored in the away game of all their group matches). It is tough to call a winner in this one as I think the teams are quite well matched, but with Dortmund's impressive start to the league season after the winter break and their impressive performances in the CL so far this season I will take them DNB at over evens. Both Teams to Score - 1.67 - 32red - 5 Points Goal Line Over 2.5 - 1.87 - bet365 - 2.5 Points Borussia Dortmund 0AH - 2.09 - betinternet - 2 Points Reus anytime Scorer - 3.0 - hills - 1 Point (not taken this yet, waiting for someone else to price it up)

Re: Last 16 > Shakhtar Donetsk v Borussia Dortmund > Wed 13th February Dortmund is very strong in away games in champions league this season. Stunning performance @ real madrid and they were by far the better team against man. city aswell. Also destroyed Ajax in the arena with 4-0. Value is to good on Borussia dortmund, especially since Anzhi has sold Willian. I don't see dortmund losing here. Dortmund DNB 2.05 @ william hill 7/10!

Re: Last 16 > Shakhtar Donetsk v Borussia Dortmund > Wed 13th February 4pts Both teams to score 7/10 Blue Square The outcome of this match could literally depend on whether Shakhtar take any time to get going. If they don’t they will feel they can win the game but if they do then Dortmund must fancy their chances. I’m not a player of guessing games like that though and I think one thing which isn’t a guess is that both teams can score in this match. Both sides have excellent, exciting attacking options and both while being solid in the middle of defence do concede goals so I like both to score here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/shakhtar-donetsk-vs-borussia-dortmund-betting-two-exciting-sides-can-both-score-in-last-16-first-leg-tie

Re: Last 16 > Shakhtar Donetsk v Borussia Dortmund > Wed 13th February Yes, the absense of Gündogan really hurts Dortmund, without him in the starting 11 this season they are winless in six. Dortmund will most likely also miss Schmelzer, so the defense will get mixed again and I can´t see a back four that is tight and well oiled. A shaky defense that concedes very easily and an offense that can score anytime means goals, I guess. Generally a tricky match-up and a no-bet for me (especially because "my" team is involved), but if I had to bet that would be my choice: BTTS and/or OVER 2.5

Re: Last 16 > Shakhtar Donetsk v Borussia Dortmund > Wed 13th February I still believe Schmelzer will play from the start, because there is no real player who could replace him (Großkreutz and Owomoyela are injured). Gundogan can be a big loss, as Bender and Kehl are not creative and offensive midfielders. I can't see that Sahin will be in the starting lineup. The only good news for them is that important defender Subotic is ready again. On the other hand, midfielder Ilsinho is injured, important defender Kutcher is suspended - Dmytro Chygrynskiy (once a great player who had a lot of problems with injuries ) will replace him. Defensive midfielder Hubschman is doubtful due to illness.

Re: Last 16 > Shakhtar Donetsk v Borussia Dortmund > Wed 13th February Shachtar to beet Dortmund. I think this will be a very important game for Shachtar. They know they have to win in order to have some chance for the next round. I do think that Dortmund is going to score in Ukraine, but i dont think they will win. I also think it is not in advans for Dortmund that they lost saterday hame against HSV (1-4). I saw the game live and can say that dormund wasnt bad but they didnt score of all the chances they made. Moreover they played against HSV and they are not in a good shape at the moment, Shachtar is way better then HSV and have a lot more to offer offensivewise. They also played whit the strongest team possible and still lost. The Ukrainian competition is now at winter stop, but I dont see it as an obsticle. They will be very fitt for this game, and its better than playing with the knowlidge that 3 days ago we lost 1-4. Does somebody knows or Taison will play, becouse he played for metalist and I dont know if he may play for another team in Europa compiticion? If he playes then is the more likely that Shachtar will win it. 2-1 or 3-1 for Shachtar

Re: Last 16 > Shakhtar Donetsk v Borussia Dortmund > Wed 13th February Today will meet two of the most promising teams IMO. Shakhtar is very strong at home, playing an incredible football, not many teams will have a chance here. Even if Dortmund is in good form they showed last year that there recent experience in Champions League sucks, young talents but uninitiated. I like both teams and both managers, but today the difference will be made by the home ground. Very possible that there will be many goals, a more interesting game to watch then the other match, although the teams are lower priced. I think that who will be the winner of this tie will have a big chance to reach the final. I see both teams very ambition and ready to make a surprise this year, especially Shakhtar. PICKS BTTS 8/10 Over 2.5 8/10 Shakhtar 9/10

Re: Last 16 > Shakhtar Donetsk v Borussia Dortmund > Wed 13th February Clearly the way to go here is "over 2.5" and there is no argument about this. I know there's nothing certain in football, it is a first leg, and even El Classico turned "under" soon, but at such price (I took it at 1.80 yesterday, now its 1.75) over 2.5 is just a must. Even if the game produces less than 3 goals, the price around 1.80 when such extremely high scoring and attacking teams meet is absolutely outstanding. Even if both teams start very cautiously, as soon as a goal falls, this game could turn crazy within minutes. Over 2.5 @ 1.75

Re: Last 16 > Shakhtar Donetsk v Borussia Dortmund > Wed 13th February

Shakhtar v Borussia Dortmund The tie of the round for me, other than Real v Utd, between two sides who love to play attacking football and have many quality, technical players, we should see plenty of goals over the two legs.. Shakhtar are in pre-season currently, playing friendlies to prepare them for the CL knockout games, their league season begins in early March. Willian is a big loss to the side, he has formed part of the attacking nature of the side for years with Luiz Adriano and Mkhitaryan. Taison has been signed to replace him, I've never watched him play but he is comfortable as a left winger and support striker so in theory should be a direct replacement, not sure if he will start the game though. The attacking end of the side has always been very fluid with the Brazilians and Mkhitaryan proving very difficult to close down by interchanging positions and playing a quick, short passing game, Mkhitaryan's goals from midfield will become even more important to the side now given Willians move. Their home record in Ukraine is excellent, in the CL they are pretty solid too coming through a tough group with Chelsea and Juventus..no reason to think this game will be much different probably be pretty tight, it wouldn't surprise me to see it end in a draw, both teams are dangerous on the counter but I expect to see Dortmund have more of the ball, Shakhtar have often played this way in the CL. Dortmund have been very impressive in all their away CL games so far, dominating Man City coming within a minute of defeating Madrid and battering Ajax 4-1. They have come back from the winter break in excellent form, unlikely to catch Bayern but they should regain second spot comfortably enough. Lewandowski is the fulcrum of the attack with Reus, Gotze and Grossenkrautz making all the runs in and around him. Last week I watched them against Leverkusen and they were lucky to escape with the three points in the end after almost throwing away their good work in the first 45 minutes, while they are very good going forward they are usually liable to concede like they did in all 3 of their away games of the group stage. As I said earlier in terms of how the game will pan out, I think Dortmund will have more of the possession with Shakhtar happy to play on the break they have plenty of pace in forward areas and just because they might sit back prefering to play on the counter for periods, they will certainly create chances. I see both teams scoring, Dortmund seem to be a 'we'll score more than you' team this season, but they will appreciate this is a two legged tie and they will be confident og finishing the tie off in the Westfalenstadion. It is very rare that Shakhtar don't score at home and they will know they will probably have to score to stand a chance in the tie. With all the attacking talent on show I struggle to see a cagey game, so I will have a play on both teams to score and over 2.5, also a small play on Reus to score anytime (Reus scored in the away game of all their group matches). It is tough to call a winner in this one as I think the teams are quite well matched, but with Dortmund's impressive start to the league season after the winter break and their impressive performances in the CL so far this season I will take them DNB at over evens. Both Teams to Score - 1.67 - 32red - 5 Points WIN Goal Line Over 2.5 - 1.87 - bet365 - 2.5 Points WIN Borussia Dortmund 0AH - 2.09 - betinternet - 2 Points PUSH Reus anytime Scorer - 3.0 - hills - 1 Point LOSS(not taken this yet, waiting for someone else to price it up)
Went pretty much as expected, Shakhtar were defensive for long periods playing on the break, first half Dortmund battered them and a draw was the least they deserved. Second half was more even and Shakhtar nicked one with Dortmund equalising near the end. Wouldn't like to predict the outcome in the second leg in terms of 1X2 but I would expect goals to be on the menu again, neither side can defend..

how Shakhtar remplaced William who moved to Anzhi? he was n.1 star for Lucescu team his absence will be a big help for BvB who also are better performed after few weeks Bundes restarted Shahthar are playing only friendly games.it could be a problem BTS should be safe here
FT 2-2 Easy pick!

Clearly the way to go here is "over 2.5" and there is no argument about this. I know there's nothing certain in football, it is a first leg, and even El Classico turned "under" soon, but at such price (I took it at 1.80 yesterday, now its 1.75) over 2.5 is just a must. Even if the game produces less than 3 goals, the price around 1.80 when such extremely high scoring and attacking teams meet is absolutely outstanding. Even if both teams start very cautiously, as soon as a goal falls, this game could turn crazy within minutes. Over 2.5 @ 1.75
In retrospect, the bet looked easy, but in fact, the tempo was slow, and besides the goals, there weren't many good chances. Maybe the 1.80 was a fair price. I am happy with my win, but am not sure if it was such a good bet. Nevertheless, the return game is an "all-in" over. But I will speak about it later.