One bet to £20,000 challenge

turbobaby

Hey guys, I love a season long accumulator and I have done them the last three years with some good success in year one. This season, I now have all my accumulators in place (unless I get my hands on some spare cash!) so will post them here and make comments every week on their progress. I am a terrible gambler, as I chase losses whenever they lose, so I make season long bets to keep me interested in the football every week, without having to place bets all the time. It's also good because even if all your selections lose in one week, you still have a chance of winning, so no need to go chasing losses. Anyway, the selections are as follows, mixed into five different accumulators (as shown in the screen shots). Chelsea to be best placed outside of Man City / Man Utd Nottingham Forest to be Promoted (Champ) Peterborough to be relegated (Champ) Preston to be promoted (L1) Stuart Beavon League One Top Scorer Jose Baxter League One Top Scorer Chester to win BlueSq North Juve to win Serie A Dundee to finish bottom of Scottish Prem. Accy1 screenshot20120908at124yo.jpg Accy 2 94787353.png Accy 3 49641893.png Accy 4 screenshot20121201at120.png Accy 5 screenshot20121201at120.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: One bet to £20,000 challenge Ok, I think it is time for an update as we get ready for the busy Chrsitmas period, followed by the January transfer window. The latest odds on accummulators are as follows (using the best prices available): Accy 1 Stuart Beavon League One Top Scorer Nottingham Forest to be Promoted 170.0 -> 459.0 Accy 2 Beavon Chester to win Bluesq North Peterborough to be relegated Dundee to finish bottom of Scottish Prem. 302 -> 126.0 Accy 3 Chelsea best team outside of Man City and Utd Dundee to finish bottom, Chester win Bsq North Preston promotion Forest promotion Juve win Serie A 266 -> 495 Accy 4 Forest promotion Baxter top scorer L1 369 -> 369 Accy 5 Forest promotion Baxter top scorer L1 Southampton relegation 738 -> 774 So there we have it. All still mighty long shots but still hope. My fortunes really rest on the following selections: 1. Stuart Beavon (4) and Jose Baxter (7) needs to start scoring again. I expect McDonald (15) and Cassidy (11) won't return to League 1 after their loan spells are up in Jan, so that leaves Donaldson (12) McLeod (10) and Blackman (9) as the main challengers for top scorer. 2. Forest and Preston need to start winning more games and get into the play off zones. Both have had major changes in the Summer and I expect them to improve as the season goes on, especially Preston. Preston are in a slump at them moment having not won in 5 league games. A strong xmas period is needed for both of these teams. That's all for now!

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.