CPO's class 3+ racing thread

cpo

Hey guys, Been here before with this racing thread malarkey but coming into the new year I am going to only back in class 2 and above races. I have found this year I have had much more success with the better racing whether it be on the flat or over jumps so I thought I may as well concentrate my efforts just on these races. I do like to look at past trends for races and I often find it much easier to whittle down big handicaps using trends. I don't expect to have a bet in every race that fits into this category as you will often find plenty of short priced favourites in small fields which isn't my cup of tea. That being said, there will be a few along the way that I will back at a short price. I hope this will also cut down the amount of bets I have and will also give me a few days off at the start of the week when there isn't much good racing on. It's the big meetings that really gets the blood pumping so hopefully I can make a little profit next year while enjoying the great racing. There is plenty of good racing coming up in the last few weeks of the year so I thought I may as well start now. I will start with a bank of 200pts and all bets will be between 1-5pts depending on how much I fancy something. Usually all bets will be placed the night before but certainly my selections will be up the night before... Chris :ok

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CPO's class 2+ racing thread 1.45 Sandown Southfield Theatre 2pts win @ 5/2 Bet365 Jonjo is one stable that I can never get right but I do feel his horse here is worth taking on with the Paul Nicholls trained Southfield Theatre. I feel both horses are closely matched on a line through the exciting "The New One" as you can find bits of form that would suggest there wouldn't be much between my selection and Taquin du Seuil. ST is yet to run over hurdles but he is being pitched straight into grade 2 company after an impressive bumper win at Cheltenham back in October on his first start for Paul Nicholls. The stable must clearly believe he has plenty of ability pitching him straight in at the deep end. Similar comments can be made in regards to the Donald McCain runner in the field but I prefer the bumper form shown by the Nicholls horse. Nicholls has won this twice since 2004 and Nicholls operates at a 25% strike rate at the track which is mightily impressive. Ruby Walsh takes the ride and he himself is in great form at the moment operating at a 32% strike rate over the last 14 days and with a 30% strike rate at the track. The horse races in the same colours as the once very promising hurdler Sam Winner and they could have found themselves another decent animal. He clearly has a tough race on his hands where it is hard to rule out any of the horses completely. The favourite has a favourites chance after his very good run behind the Nicky Henderson trained My Tent Or Yours. A repeat of that performance would see him go very close but like I said above, I find Jonjo hard to catch right. Le Bec was impressive last time out but he did make a few mistakes and he meets very different ground here. Dunlough Bay showed marked improvement on his first start for Paul Webber but I fancy him to struggle here against some more promising types. Tough race to call as all of these are open to improvement but I just fancy Southfield Theatre to be too strong now stepping up in distance for his hurdles debut. Not an overly confident selection as you just don't know how he has schooled over hurdles but I was impressed with his win last time out and he could be a decent animal.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.