** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

League 1 > Sat 8th December

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 8 December 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Brentford v Milton Keynes Dons (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.37[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]108.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Bury v Leyton Orient (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]108.73 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Carlisle United v Sheffield United (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]108.48 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Colchester United v Oldham Athletic (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]108.48 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Coventry City v Walsall (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.83[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]108.12 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Hartlepool United v Stevenage (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.05[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]108.50 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Preston North End v Crewe Alexandra (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]108.87 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Scunthorpe United v AFC Bournemouth (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]108.20 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Swindon Town v Doncaster Rovers (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]108.73 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Tranmere Rovers v Portsmouth (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.61[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]108.57 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Yeovil Town v Notts County (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]108.17 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Been a move for Pompey at Tranmere who you can now back at evens? What am I missing? Jase?
Tbh I think evens is a fair price on Tranmere. They wouldn't have been particularly good value at 1.60, or whatever the price opened at. Under Guy Whittingham we are looking to get back to the basics of grinding out results. Michael Appleton had us trying to get the ball down and play a bit of football, which wasn't working. During his later games we even toyed with a variation of 4-5-1 with Scott Allan playing a withdrawn role. We had little pace down the wings, but since then we've signed Mendez-Laing from Peterborough who will give us that bit of flair from wide areas. Wittingham should play a more standard 4-4-2 system. We've signed ex Swindon goalkeeper Phil Smith on a free. He's been without a club since the summer so will be lacking in that level of match fitness, although he has been training with us for around a couple of weeks now. I expect Simon Eastwood to start in goal against Tranmere. I suppose the good thing is that with the FA cup last weekend we've had an extra week to get our stuff together and prepare for this game. Our form and performances have been pretty poor over the last few weeks, or maybe a bit longer. Given the fact we've had this extra time to prepare and the fact we've brought in some decent players - Paul Benson for one is a proven goalscorer. We already have Izale McLeod who has hit ten :unsure goals already this season. I believe Scott Allan has signed on for another month. Things should also get pretty desperate in the next month, and there will be further changes after December, so it's now or never really. 14th December is d-day where we're concerned as that is the day the courts decide the value of Fratton Park, which will subsequently determine whether or not that valuation meets what the Supporters Trust have budgeted for. I think they've come out at something like just over £2m, where the current owners - Portpin (who lets not forget we're fronted by the man that used to own us and were in the offing to buy us until very recently) - they value it at something around £11m. I would expect the judge to decide somewhere between the two, and the PST to make a revised offer, which Portpin will be ordered to match. However worst case scenario is that the judge values the ground at a price which is unachievable. The £11m Portpin want would be a disaster. If I have that correct! :lol So if that valuation is met and a deal is done we will come out of administration sometime in December, which will allow us to add to the squad in January. With many of our loanees playing on month to month contracts I would expect some to stay, some to go, and for other players to come in to bolster the squad. We only have a playing squad of twenty players, which had been stretched so far, so we need another three or four players. All of this I would expect to be done in January. Some players that come in could be free transfers from other clubs, or players that are unattached. This just means the squad will be changing once more. Still reading? :) as far as this game is concerned I think there may still be some value in taking us on a positive handicap, but it's one I won't be touching because its hard to know how we will respond following our extended break, and how the changes to our squad will effect things. We've lost goalkeeper Mikkel Andersen, and replacement goalkeeper Alex Cisak has returned to Oldham. So that means we are pretty inexperienced in goal, with Simon Eastwood playing non league football up until last season. And obviously Phil Smith is 32 and hasn't had a club since last summer.

Re: League 1 > Sat 8th December Tranmere (1.90) v Portsmouth (4.00); Draw (3.50) Tranmere’s dip in form continued last weekend, with the league leaders only managing a point against Stevenage. Ronnie Moore has had a number of injuries to contend with recently and captain James Wallace has been the latest member of the squad to be sidelined through injury. French forward Jean-Louis Akpa Akpro is still missing, whilst on-loan defender Ben Gibson looks unlikely to feature due to a muscle strain. Rovers have a formidable record at Prenton Park and Tranmere are undefeated in 20 of their last 22 home matches in League One. Visitors Portsmouth look troubled and Izale McLeod’s 90th minute strike for Pompey arrested a run of six straight league defeats. Guy Whittingham faces an unenviable task at Fratton Park, but the caretaker manager has snapped up goalkeeper Phil Smith to provide competition for Simon Eastwood. Lee Williamson and Mustapha Dumbuya should both return for Portsmouth who have lost three of their last four games on the road. With Doncaster and MK Dons applying the pressure, Tranmere will be keen to return to winning ways against Portsmouth on Saturday. Recommended Bets Tranmere to win @1.90

Re: League 1 > Sat 8th December Injuries and suspensions: Tranmere Rovers v Portsmouth Tranmere Rovers: Wallace (19/2 m), Gibson (20/0 d) (doubtful), Akpa Akpro (11/7 f), Bell-Baggie (14/0 f) Portsmouth: Cisak (1/0 g) (left the club) Brentford FC v Milton Keynes Dons Brentford FC: Douglas (19/4 m), Trotta (1/0 f), Forrester (18/5 f) (all doubtful), El Alagui (10/3 f), O'Connor (9/0 m), Adeyemi (12/0 m) Milton Keynes Dons: Bamford (1/0 f)

Bury V Leyton Orient Under 2.5 goals @ 1.9 - bet365. Probably going against the grain here but I fancy a close game here as Bury are much improved under Kevin Blackwell. This tie is also historically very tight with eight out of the last ten head to heads home and away ending with less than three goals. Orient have had a couple of pretty high scoring games away against Pompey, and Carlisle. However I believe both those sides were more open than I think Bury will be. They're really fighting for their lives, and upping performances significantly enough for me to think they can hold Orient here. Orient have never seemed to have that many goals in them, and were looking poor earlier in the season, so I think this is still a huge game for both sides. And one that one goal either way will probably be enough.

Brentford V MK Dons Under 2.5 goals @ 1.7 - bet365. I think this will be a predictably tight encounter here between two very evenly matched sides looking for promotion. Brentford don't score or concede many, and while MK Dons certainly have goals in them they are very much a possession side, so I can't see either side really running wild here.

Re: League 1 > Sat 8th December

Docaster have been hit by a huge sickness bug in the squad mate and struggled to field 11 players against crewe in the JPT in the week, Thats why the price is as big as it is.
it looks like the virus has mostly cleared up for Doncaster: http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/preview-swindon-town-a-530666.aspx?pageView=full#anchored while Swindon have a fair few players out themsleves including their captain http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20564721 so at a general price of 10/3 (4.33) Donny look a good value bet having won their last 4 league games & 7 from 10 of their league aways. whilst Swindon have lost their last 2 games. League Leaders priced at 5/4 with Stan James at home to a team only out of the relegation zone on goal difference does seem too high to me, so worthy of a bet on Tranmere. Ok Tranmere not doing so well of late, but neither are pompey with 6 league defeats before a draw last time out. Then we have Stevenage priced just under 6/4 away to bottom of the table and a long way adrift Hartlepool. Yes Stevenage form has dipped off late, but they have a good away record with 6 wins from 10, while Hartlepool lost 7 from last 9 league games. Finally Leyton Orient who have won their last 4 league games look value at 12/5 away to Bury.