** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Serie A > 30th Nov - 2nd Dec

Aidymac

Re: Serie A > 30th Nov - 2nd Dec

Fiorentina V Sampdoria The Sunday night game has in my view the biggest price of the lot with Sampdoria at 7/1 which I feel does not reflect the overall quality gap between the two sides here. First of all I can understand the valuation, there is clear logic in it. Fiorentina have been simply immense at home this season: W6 D1 L0 F15 A3, this even beats Juventus. Sampdoria with a full strength defence and median are both combative and difficult to break down. Unfortunately ‘test games’ do not bode well with the likes of Cagliari and Atalanta both getting thumped 4-1 at the Artemio Franchi. If these defensively solid outfits were dispatched so easily then what hope does Sampdoria have? I would say Ferrara’s men have a bit of momentum now, the vital derby victory over Genoa followed by the win over Bologna will boost psychology. Sampdoria’s appalling recent run coincided with a nasty injury crisis but we see the likes of Poli, Maresca and Obiang returning to roughly correlate with an upturn in fortunes. The absence of Eder, Maxi Lopez and Pozzi is still problematic and team news will be important for the Fiorentina match. I just get a sneaking suspicion that Samp will be able to nick a positive result here so Sampdoria +1 @ 21/20 makes the shortlist.
Thank you Phantom, personally i was looking for Fiorentina -1, but didnt place the bet.

Re: Serie A > 30th Nov - 2nd Dec

- Samp away at Fiorentina. Like Das Phantom has mentioned Samp have started to turn things around recently results wise something which has coincided with the return of key men in defence and midfield and they should with the exception of the suspended Costa be strong and compact again for this trip to Florence. They would been a tough team to break down for a full strength Fiorentina outfit but given the absences they have up front with Jovetic, Llajic, Luca Toni and Aquilani all out its going to be even harder for the Viola to find a way past Samp here. With Obiang, Maresca and Munari the away side also have some excellent combative midfielders and its going to be difficult for Fiorentina’s midfield to control possession as much as they usually would. All in all a tough night for Fiorentina can be expected so any plus handicap on Samp is well worth a look. The +1.25 at 1.82 offers a decent price and mimimal risk.
Nice one Dylan :)