** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Group D > Dec 4th (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax)

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Borussia Dortmund v Manchester City (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.42 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Real Madrid v Ajax (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]11[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.68 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Group D > Dec 4th (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax)

Dortmund to win? City without motivation
Dortmund also have no motivation as they have guaranteed top place no matter what happens. City need to win to get into the Europa League, thats if they want it. Could see a lot of Dortmunds reserves playing this one. Good luck with your bets :ok

Re: Group D > Dec 4th (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) Dortmund has been experiencing tremendous pressure in the last weeks as they have been having huge amount of very tight and intense games for a very short period of time. And they are still to meet Bayern today for the Bundesliga. The squad is relatively short, especially in areas like midfield, so playing the most intense football on three fronts must have started to affect Borussia. Against Dusseldorf for instance, I saw a lot of exhaustion in the home team, their legs seemed "heavy", they did not keep their regular fast tempo and dynamic football. I have many reasons to believe that they won't put better performance vs. City. I would have backed City under these circumstances and given that they have at least a little motivation to compete in EL. However, they meet United immediately after the Dortmund game. Therefore, I see them heavily rotating. I think that the right choice here must be Under 2.5. It is priced at 2.15 - a price which reflects the previous results of both teams in the group and their squad potential, but does not reflect their present motivation and the squad they are probably going to field.

Re: Group D > Dec 4th (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) [h=2]Re: Group D > Dec 4th (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax)[/h]Real Madrid vs Ajax Real have absolutely no motivation at all. They cannot move up or down and are likely to play a very weakened team. Ajax on the other hand have lots of motivation. They are one point ahead of Man City and will be desperate to qualify for the Europa League as the final is to be played in their home stadium. I will wait for the team announcements but I think there is some value to be had in backing Ajax if the Real team is completely changed. Ajax win @ 9.0 paddypower 1 unit Ajax and Draw double chance @ 3.4 paddypower 2 units Also small stakes on Ajax +1 3.4, medium stakes Ajax +2 1.83 and maximum stakes on Ajax +3 1.3. All the above reliant on Real team selection. Good luck all.

Re: Group D > Dec 4th (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) @Lordoftheonionrings Not to discourage you from your bet, but Real are in a series of five consecutive HANDICAP victories against Ajax, achieved just during Mourinho's reign. Two of those victories were, as far as I remember correctly, achieved in a meaningless last game for Real. Plus, I don't really expect Mourinho to play a "very weakened team". He has never done this in the Champions League for Real. He tried to use many B team players in a decided cup game against a third division team last week, and after the score was 0:0 by 60th minute (4:1 for Real in the first one), the stadium began to boo at Jose and this was a topic of hot discussion in Spain during the last week. I don't think he will risk the same attitude again, especially for a CL game. It is certain that Xabi Alonso and Ramos won't play, because if they get a yellow, they will miss the first game of direct eliminations. However, I expect that pretty much the rest of the team will be top players, and I definitely see the likes of Ronaldo, Benzema, Ozil, Khedira etc. on the pitch tomorrow.

Re: Group D > Dec 4th (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) Just as a side note, Marca (which is very much a Real Madrid newspaper in Spain) has today written that Mourinho will leave at the end of the current season partly becuase of his strained relationship with the board. Can't say how true this is but they made quite a big deal about it on the website and although their coverage is heavily biased towards Real usually I don't think they would have done the article unless it had some basis..

@Lordoftheonionrings Not to discourage you from your bet, but Real are in a series of five consecutive HANDICAP victories against Ajax, achieved just during Mourinho's reign. Two of those victories were, as far as I remember correctly, achieved in a meaningless last game for Real. Plus, I don't really expect Mourinho to play a "very weakened team". He has never done this in the Champions League for Real. He tried to use many B team players in a decided cup game against a third division team last week, and after the score was 0:0 by 60th minute (4:1 for Real in the first one), the stadium began to boo at Jose and this was a topic of hot discussion in Spain during the last week. I don't think he will risk the same attitude again, especially for a CL game. It is certain that Xabi Alonso and Ramos won't play, because if they get a yellow, they will miss the first game of direct eliminations. However, I expect that pretty much the rest of the team will be top players, and I definitely see the likes of Ronaldo, Benzema, Ozil, Khedira etc. on the pitch tomorrow.
Cheers Fedar. As I said I will wait for the teams to be announced but I will keep that in mind.

Cheers Fedar. As I said I will wait for the teams to be announced but I will keep that in mind.
You're welcome, mate! Waiting for the team list sounds smart if you plan to bet on Ajax. But if anyone fancy the handicap on Real (very good price at the moment - 1.95), they better take it now, because I am pretty sure it is going to drop by tomorrow evening.

Re: Group D > Dec 4th (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) cheers mate ...marca is not real madrid paper - "as" would be more like it but certainly neither marca nor "as" play same rol as some barcelona papers do with cules ...so this is probably not coming from real ... teh fact that mou is leaving well .... same story exactly at same time last seaosn ..only this time is 12 more months and both the portie and real are not known to be very patient .. right now main aims are the 10th CL title wich would leave everyone happy .... so i fully agree real shall not take this lightly specially coming from two harsh defeats not so long ago at dortmund and sevilla and playing at home ..so modric and probably kaka shall star .. looking at the call defense shall be weakened to some extent so ayax who are good going forward shall nick one or tow ..but real will still field some of the big guns upfront and this is cl ...we know plauers get a hrash on when they heqar the tune .... HW & overs teh call at nice odds ayew!!

Re: Group D > Dec 4th (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) 4pts Dortmund to beat Man City 11/10 Blue Square Dortmund have been very impressive in this tournament so far and they should really have won in Manchester earlier in the group, and would have done but for some Joe Hart heroics. City are without arguably their two best players here in Silva and Toure with Silva in particular a big loss. The German side are in pretty good form and I reckon they can continue that here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/borussia-dortmund-vs-man-city-betting-german-champions-can-ensure-city-end-their-campaign-with-defeat

Re: Group D > Dec 4th (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) 4pts Ajax (+1.75AH) to beat Real Madrid 1.84 Ladbrokes I can see why Real Madrid are the favourites for this match but it is never the easiest thing to do to perform at your best when there is nothing on the game and there were shades of that in their performance at Man City in their last game in the group. Ajax will set up to get a result here and while I’m not sure they will get it I don’t think they will be thrashed so the +1.75 asian line looks tasty enough here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/real-madrid-vs-ajax-betting-ajax-look-decent-value-on-the-asian-lines-against-a-demotivated-madrid

Re: Group D > Dec 4th (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) The Real Madrid squad is as follows: Adam, Jesus, Nacho, Varane, Pepe, Carvalho, Coentrao, Khedira, Jose Rodriguez, Kaka, Ozil, Modric, Callejon, Di Maria, Cheryshev, Morata, Cristiano Ronaldo and Benzema. Casillas, Ramos, Arbeloa and Alonso miss out. Modrid is going to start the game Mourinho has said.

Re: Group D > Dec 4th (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) Besides Modric, also Adam, Nacho, Ronaldo, Coentrao, Benzema and Khedira are confirmed to start. Mourinho also said that Morata, Rodriguez and Cheryshev will be on the bench but might enter later. So, the key changes will be the new goal-keeper and Nacho in defense.

Re: Group D > Dec 4th (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) Injuries and suspensions Borussia Dortmund v Manchester City Borussia Dortmund: Subotić (14/2 d), Kehl (11/0 m), Bender (8/0 m), Owomoyela (0/0 d) Manchester City: Clichy (10/0 d), Kolarov (11/1 d) (both probably out), Y. Touré (15/2 m), David Silva (12/1 m), Milner (6/2 m), Rodwell (5/0 d), Richards (3/0 d)

Dortmund also have no motivation as they have guaranteed top place no matter what happens. City need to win to get into the Europa League' date=' thats if they want it. Could see a lot of Dortmunds reserves playing this one. Good luck with your bets :ok[/quote'] Sorry, but you are wrong there. Dortmund have the chance to beat the English League champions, also City was awarded a controversial last minute penalty at Etihad Stadium, so there will be enough motivation.

Re: Group D > Dec 4th (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) I'll be having a bet on Real tonight on the handicap, lost some money on the derby going over 2.5 on Sat which was a bit unlucky with Ronaldo hitting the post and bar late on. Its been priced up as a meaningless last game, which I guess it is in a way! Doesn't mean that Madrid are suddenly going to stop playing though, the starting line-up is still going to be strong while not quite full strength, their record against Ajax recently is very good and this bet would have won the last 5 times going back to 2010, Madrid likely to line-up - Adan; Nacho, Varane, Pepe, Coentrao; Khedira, Modric; Callejon, Ozil, C. Ronaldo; Benzema. Adan is a good keeper and I think the main missings are only Ramos at the back and Alonso in midfield, Modric is hardly a poor player to have as back-up and Callejon has always impressed me when I've watched him play. Ajax like most Dutch teams are good going forward but poor at the back, they keep the ball well and will try and play football, this isn't a problem as they don't have the quality that Madrid have in any area and obviously the Bernabeu isn't an easy place to go and get a result regardless of the situation. No reason for them to go there and play conservatively, they never would anyway. Madrid slowed down quite a lot in the second half against City last time out and they ended up getting caught out but they should have been 3 up at the break. If they do play Ozil, Ronaldo and Callejon behind Benzema then that is a very potent front line, will be interesting to see Rodriguez when he comes on, hopefully the bet will be tied up by then, I would have the handicap price nearer 1.65 considering the team they are likely to be putting out. Have had to go with Pinnacle for this one although there are slightly better odds available elsewhere. Real Madrid -1.5AH - 1.82 - pinnacle - 10 Points

Re: Group D > Dec 4th (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) I was right that the price on Real handicap will fall - now it is 1.72, it was 1.95 on Monday morning. I still suggest taking this handicap after we are more or less aware of Real line-up and after Mancini's statement which just reconfirmed the obvious thing - that City do not care about Europa League. Now the chances of City winning in Dortmund are really negligible, which means that Ajax also would not care much. I expect strong contribution from Cristiano here, as he is still competing for the Golden Ball. Also Modric and Callejon should make strong impact.

Re: Group D > Dec 4th (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) Dortmund has played in the CL so far very good, and they fascinated all the Fans around the World I think that in the Game Dortmund against Manchester City we will see a lot of goals, surely Dortmund will dominate the game and will win the game My guess is that Borussia scores minimum 4 goals and the Game ends with 4-2.. The odds for over 5 goals are at @5.00 Borussia wins @2.00

Re: Group D > Dec 4th (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) Dortmund is tired from the last weeks. some players with small injuries after munich clash. I can see bvb struggling. pisczek and blasikowski probably out. lewandowski wont play 90 minutes i guess. schieber very weak and out of form. I think dzeko plays and he will be hot to score in germany. very valuable as aguero is suspended

Re: Group D > Dec 4th (Man City, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax) TEAM NEWS: REAL MADRID - AJAX Real Madrid: Adan; Nacho, Varane, Carvalho, Coentrao; Khedira, Modric; Callejon, Kaka, Ronaldo; Benzema. Ajax: Vermeer; Alderweireld, Moisander, Blind, Van Rhijn; Poulsen, Eriksen, De Jong; Boerrigter, Hoesen, Fischer. Real Madrid (-1 EH) @ 1.83 StanJames still!! :D

Dortmund is tired from the last weeks. some players with small injuries after munich clash. I can see bvb struggling. pisczek and blasikowski probably out. lewandowski wont play 90 minutes i guess. schieber very weak and out of form. I think dzeko plays and he will be hot to score in germany. very valuable as aguero is suspended
Yes, and looking at these line-ups, City put out much stronger side. This causes me to take very generous IMO Man City 0AH @2.6 (5dimes).

Yes' date=' and looking at these line-ups, City put out much stronger side. This causes me to take very generous IMO [b']Man City 0AH @2.6 (5dimes).
That City performance was utter dogsh*t. Give me a f*cking break. Prima donnas

I'll be having a bet on Real tonight on the handicap, lost some money on the derby going over 2.5 on Sat which was a bit unlucky with Ronaldo hitting the post and bar late on. Its been priced up as a meaningless last game, which I guess it is in a way! Doesn't mean that Madrid are suddenly going to stop playing though, the starting line-up is still going to be strong while not quite full strength, their record against Ajax recently is very good and this bet would have won the last 5 times going back to 2010, Madrid likely to line-up - Adan; Nacho, Varane, Pepe, Coentrao; Khedira, Modric; Callejon, Ozil, C. Ronaldo; Benzema. Adan is a good keeper and I think the main missings are only Ramos at the back and Alonso in midfield, Modric is hardly a poor player to have as back-up and Callejon has always impressed me when I've watched him play. Ajax like most Dutch teams are good going forward but poor at the back, they keep the ball well and will try and play football, this isn't a problem as they don't have the quality that Madrid have in any area and obviously the Bernabeu isn't an easy place to go and get a result regardless of the situation. No reason for them to go there and play conservatively, they never would anyway. Madrid slowed down quite a lot in the second half against City last time out and they ended up getting caught out but they should have been 3 up at the break. If they do play Ozil, Ronaldo and Callejon behind Benzema then that is a very potent front line, will be interesting to see Rodriguez when he comes on, hopefully the bet will be tied up by then, I would have the handicap price nearer 1.65 considering the team they are likely to be putting out. Have had to go with Pinnacle for this one although there are slightly better odds available elsewhere. Real Madrid -1.5AH - 1.82 - pinnacle - 10 Points WIN
It was men against boys in the first half, then from the moment Madrid went 3 up Ajax dominated for 35 mins and could easily have added another goal. Always had that feeling Madrid could step it up if required though and 4-1 is pretty comprehensive. As I said pre-match Ajax are good going forward but poor at the back..

Dortmund has been experiencing tremendous pressure in the last weeks as they have been having huge amount of very tight and intense games for a very short period of time. And they are still to meet Bayern today for the Bundesliga. The squad is relatively short, especially in areas like midfield, so playing the most intense football on three fronts must have started to affect Borussia. Against Dusseldorf for instance, I saw a lot of exhaustion in the home team, their legs seemed "heavy", they did not keep their regular fast tempo and dynamic football. I have many reasons to believe that they won't put better performance vs. City. I would have backed City under these circumstances and given that they have at least a little motivation to compete in EL. However, they meet United immediately after the Dortmund game. Therefore, I see them heavily rotating. I think that the right choice here must be Under 2.5. It is priced at 2.15 - a price which reflects the previous results of both teams in the group and their squad potential, but does not reflect their present motivation and the squad they are probably going to field.
Dortmund - City 1-0 FT Bet Won! :ok

I was right that the price on Real handicap will fall - now it is 1.72' date=' it was 1.95 on Monday morning. I still suggest taking this handicap after we are more or less aware of Real line-up and after Mancini's statement which just reconfirmed the obvious thing - that City do not care about Europa League. Now the chances of City winning in Dortmund are really negligible, which means that Ajax also would not care much. I expect strong contribution from Cristiano here, as he is still competing for the Golden Ball. Also Modric and Callejon should make strong impact.[/quote'] Real -1.5 Won! However, I am absolutely shocked from what Real served us in the last 30-35 minutes. Before that, Madrid destroyed them and could have easily scored 5 or 6 past Ajax goalkeeper. Then, Real just stopped running and playing. They literally stopped playing. They did not just slow down and pass the ball between defense and midfield as other topsides would have done - they just started walking slowly around, attacking the Ajax man with the ball only as a last resort and shooting the ball aimlessly ahead whenever they got it. Benzema and Kaka were particularly "noteworthy" - even a crippled grandma could have easily dribbled with the ball past them in the last half an hour. Maybe the possession after the 60th minute was something like 80% in favor of Ajax. I was pretty sure that Ajax was going to score at least another one goal and my money would have lost. Thanks God, Mou put in two young guys from B squad (Morata and a 17 year old) who were really eager to show their ability, and they started pressing Ajax midfield and woke up their teammates. Cheers for Cristiano who also got pissed off with his team-mates falling asleep in the last half an hour and got himself a yellow after he angrily tackled Ajax player (the first tackle by Real Madrid for 20-25 minutes). This is the second time I see Real showing such poor attitude. The first time was a month ago against Zaragoza at Bernabeu, where they were taking a nap during the whole second half. Each punter who would bet on Real must be aware of these occasions and make up their mind very carefully when doing the handicap bets.