** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Hopkins V Eastman

I've been waiting for this for ages, a potential middleweight classic. Eastman has vowed to knock hopkins out in the 5th which is 20.0 on betfair, as much as i rate Eastman i don't think it will happen, not that early anyway. According to the so-called experts the value bet is Hopkins on points at 1.8. Personally i'm for the upset and am on eastman at 5.6 to win.

Re: Hopkins V Eastman Eastman . . . . .v . . . . Hopkins 34 . . . . . . . . Age . . . . . . . . 40 5'11. . . . . . .Height . . . . . . .6'1 74'. . . . . . . .Reach . . . . . . . 75' Orthodox. . .Stance . . Orthodox 40(34)-1 . . Record. . 45(32)-2-1 Eastmans talking a good fight but has he been in with anyone as good as Hopkins ? Albeit an ageing Hopkins. Should be a cracking fight anyway. Just a few words from Richie Woodhall......Former WBC champion and BBC Sport commentator He has not had enough quality fights leading up to this. Three bouts in two years is not enough when you are about to face the best pound-for-pound boxer in the world. You can train as much as you like, but you can't match the conditioning you get from an actual fight, so I expect Eastman to tire towards the end of this 12-round contest. Didnt realise Eastman had just three bouts in the last two year :\

Re: Hopkins V Eastman I couldn't bet on Eastman here, but anyone who bets on a 40 year old has to be loony. Alll boxers get to a stage where their age catches up with them. I'm not saying that will be now for Hopkins, but it's certainly possible.

Re: Hopkins V Eastman Hopkins has only had 2 or 3 fights in the last 3 years and you have to think about the age factor..Apparantly though he has an almost inhuman disicpline to diet and training.. It would be a major shock if Eastman won - probably the greatest performance by a British boxer since Lloyd Honeyghan beat Don Curry (which was THE greatest British boxing achievement ever)

Re: Hopkins V Eastman Hold on, are we saying that theyve both only had 2 or 3 fights in the last 2 years, or has somebody mixed the names up?? At least they are well-matched, ha ha. Been reading about Hopkins today & apparently hes like a monk, wont even drink milk in case it affects his training regime. Like my boxing but dont follow as I should but fancied an interest bet, & predictably got carried away......like a nob. I'll post them up but I look like a complete novice here! Hopkins win in R10 @17.0, R11 @19.0, R12 @21.0. Eastman win in R4 @81.0, R8 @67.0, [email protected] Eastman win anytime @ 4.5 (Hills) If I ever say anything on PL about knowing my own mind, I'm sure someone like Gett1n will remind me of this! :rollin

Re: Hopkins V Eastman Yeah Eastman is a very good boxer indeed. He has come up against a superb fighter in Hopkins who is, at 40 years old, still as good as ever. I actually count this as Eastmans first defeat as the one chalked up against Joppy was at least a draw for the Englishman in my opinion. As you say Paul - Eastman is a better fighter than over 50% of the World Champions we have at the moment.

Re: Hopkins V Eastman Hes demanding a rematch isnt he, but I'm sure Hopkins has his future mapped out & hes said that hes only fighting for 1 more year, so all the big names are thinking of cashing in.................but he did well, just couldnt quite step up enough, but the impression I got before the fight was that Hopkins had treated it almost as an afterthought, but if it went to the wire why would he give him a rematch, hes got to think theres easier fights out there.

Re: Hopkins V Eastman Some pundit on Talksport just said something like that, but I thought he said Hopkins might go up in weights & fight Johnson, & Eastman would fight for the vacant title. Sounds strange, but hasnt Hopkins won in loads of weights, & if you are only fighting for another year youre chasing the money arent you, he has nothing to prove here. Re-reading it, that may be what you meant Gett1n......

Re: Hopkins V Eastman Do you mean Glencoffe Johnson? He's a fighter i wouldn't even put in Eastmans class, didn't win a title till his 4th attempt but now bizarrely rated as one of the best pound for pound fighters in the world. I wouldn't expect Hopkins to have too much trouble with him. But you're right, there's no need for him to fight Eastman again, too risky for the amount of money it would bring in.