** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Group H > Dec 5th (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd)

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Manchester United v CFR Cluj (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.44[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sporting de Braga v Galatasaray SK (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.77 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Group H > Dec 5th (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) With Man Utd having nothing to play for, a big derby game at the weekend and their kids playing, does anyone fancy Cluj +1AH @ 1.92? Cluj need the win, I fancy it but know almost nothing about them!

Re: Group H > Dec 5th (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) Cluj are a good team, which likes to play away from home (better results in CL away than at home), and which I think is very unlikely to lose by 2 goals against a United side, filled with youngsters and reserves, which is looking forward to the derby of Manchester. I guess United will copy their attitude from the match in Istanbul. They played good and intensive football for the first 45 minutes, and during the second half they just surrendered - slowed down their rhythm and did not really go hard into man-to-man challenges. So, if Cluj manages to keep good result in the first half, I fancy them not to lose at Old Trafford.

Are Cluj going to want to qualify? Serious question but they'd be unlikely to get anywhere past the next phase even if they did take second place. So third place and a pass to the Europa League may be enough for them. I'm just trying to work out what the motivation will be like. But yes in principle, if United make lots of changes and go with younger players / reservists then I think they are to be opposed.

Re: Group H > Dec 5th (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd)

Are Cluj going to want to qualify? Serious question but they'd be unlikely to get anywhere past the next phase even if they did take second place. So third place and a pass to the Europa League may be enough for them. I'm just trying to work out what the motivation will be like. But yes in principle' date=' if United make lots of changes and go with younger players / reservists then I think they are to be opposed.[/quote'] I think they will definitely want to go through. OK, they most likely won't get any further, but simply to get that far in itself is a real achievement and I can't see them being anything less than 100% motivated. I think it doesn't matter too much whether United use youth/reserve or first teamers, I can see the first team players doing even worse as their minds will be on the weekend game. I would price United at around evens here so have gone for Cluj on the AH, I imagine it will shorten before the game.

Are Cluj going to want to qualify? Serious question but they'd be unlikely to get anywhere past the next phase even if they did take second place. So third place and a pass to the Europa League may be enough for them. I'm just trying to work out what the motivation will be like. But yes in principle' date=' if United make lots of changes and go with younger players / reservists then I think they are to be opposed.[/quote'] If Cluj get a result at Old Trafford, if they win they get €800,000 + €3,000,000 for qualifying for the last 16 of the Champions League.. They will get €3,000,000 if they WIN the Europa League, so of course they want to qualify, why wouldn't they want to?

If Cluj get a result at Old Trafford' date=' if they win they get €800,000 + €3,000,000 for qualifying for the last 16 of the Champions League.. They will get €3,000,000 if they WIN the Europa League, so of course they want to qualify, why wouldn't they want to?[/quote'] Amend that to "the owners" .... :) what sort of win bonuses are the players on? Trouble is, Eastern European teams think differently to us, which is what I am looking at.

Amend that to "the owners" .... :) what sort of win bonuses are the players on? Trouble is' date=' Eastern European teams think differently to us, which is what I am looking at.[/quote'] Players get win bonuses, because the owners want them to win Jase. :lol Financially, if Cluj get to the last 16, nearly €4m is a heck of a lot of money for an Eastern European side, especially in Romania, they would be doing somersaults if they qualified. I actually can't think of 1 reason as to why they would prefer to be in the Europa League.

Players get win bonuses, because the owners want them to win Jase. :lol Financially, if Cluj get to the last 16, nearly €4m is a heck of a lot of money for an Eastern European side, especially in Romania, they would be doing somersaults if they qualified. I actually can't think of 1 reason as to why they would prefer to be in the Europa League.
Yeah I'm just thinking of BATE tbh. There was talk on here of them not being up for the next round. You can't say they'd be doing somersaults if you don't know their mentality. The Britush game is different.

Players get win bonuses, because the owners want them to win Jase. :lol Financially, if Cluj get to the last 16, nearly €4m is a heck of a lot of money for an Eastern European side, especially in Romania, they would be doing somersaults if they qualified. I actually can't think of 1 reason as to why they would prefer to be in the Europa League.
CFR's owner declared two days ago that the club will have a budget between 35 and 38 million of euros for the next season. This budget is way over of the majority of clubs from Eastern Europe, except Ukraine and Russia. Comparable with only of Steaua and Vaslui in Romania. But yes, 4-5 million of euros is an important sum when you are not Man United.
They will be the first Romanian team that progress to the next round of UCL after 20 years
In the new format, yes. Steaua got only hard groups, Dortmund and Juventus the two finalists in the 90s, then Real Madrid and Arsenal, Bayern and the old and top Lyon, Cluj the same with Bayern and Roma, Chelsea and Roma, even though managed to get a lot of points from the Romanian-Italian duel. Unirea Urziceni, trained by Dan Petrescu, needed 1 point at Stuttgart 2-3 years ago and failed to qualify for the next phase of the Champions League in front of the German side. Usually when they got weaker opponents, they fought for qualification. Did well against clubs like Fiorentina, Rangers, Braga, Galatasaray, Roma, even Chelsea, etc. And kicked teams like Brugge, Galatasaray, Basel, etc. in playoffs. CFR rested the regulars in the last championship game. The owner and the president declared publicly they hint one of the first 2 places. And they did this even on debut some years ago, in the group with Chelsea, Roma and Bordeaux.

Re: Group H > Dec 5th (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) I am from romania and i know all this things. They will also have Aguirregaray back from the suspention. He is a very good player in the midfield. CFR also have good players in front like Sougou and Bastos which are very fast players and against a week defence of Man. Utd they can easly score at least one goal

Re: Group H > Dec 5th (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) CFR played a tiring 120 minute game in Cup against Dinamo during midweek that's why they rested players for the championship. Dunno how good they will recover after that, they were barely moving by the end of that game. Aguirregaray showed a big appetite for play against Gaz Metan in weekend and if he gonna play at the back of Sougou I see them going forward very fast and hit on counters together. Both are fast players and Sougou is deadly sometimes in front of the goal when he is on his day as he showed also in Europe this year. I hope Kapetanos will be left out and instead they will have Rui Pedro and Bastos at middle/attack. If balls will keep coming from left side where Aguirregaray and Sougou play, Rui Pedro might find the net as he did against Braga also last time out. I got no idea what squad will Manchester play, but considering their result at weekend against Reading, where they conceded 3 goals, I think there is a bit of value on CFR to score @ 1.65 at my local bookie.

Re: Group H > Dec 5th (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) 4pts Man Utd vs Cluj - Over 2.5 goals 4/5 Bet365 I would expect goals here regardless of what side Ferguson puts out. United score plenty of goals and then concede plenty too so the over 2.5 goals definitely appeals in this one. Cluj have to give it a go. There’s no point in going out without at least giving this one a go so they could easily pinch one going forward but I expect them to leave themselves open in the process which should mean plenty of goals. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/man-utd-vs-cluj-betting-man-utd-can-end-their-champions-league-group-in-a-goalfest

Re: Group H > Dec 5th (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) BRAGA vs. GALATASARAY Braga have lost 4 of their 5 group games but the one win they have had was against Glalatasaray in Turkey by a 2-0 margin. That result has galvanised the Turks though and they have not lost since and have put themselves in pole position to get into the knockout stages of the CL. They need to match the Cluj result to progress but their away form in the CL is not great. They won at Cluj on their last away game but had lost 5 straight before that and have won just twice in the last 13 and lost 9 of those. Braga have not won in their last 3 CL home games but they had been pretty solid before that beating the likes of Arsenal, Celtic and Seville. Braga are out of Europe and we will take the chance that they have little interest in this game, they are third in their own league and it’s hoped that will be a lot more their focus than this. It would be huge for Galatasaray to qualify for the knockout stages and we will take them to win this this and do so. GALATASARAY to win @ 2.38 Paddy Power

Re: Group H > Dec 5th (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) MANCHESTER UNITED vs. CLUJ Cluj are assured of at least a Europa League spot but to continue in the CL they need to better the Galatasaray result but have to visit Old Trafford to get that result. The bad thing is that only Besiktas in Nov 2009 have won at Old Trafford in their last 37 CL games. The good thing for Cluj is that United have long since won the group and have a huge Manchester derby coming up on Sunday. They have a strong squad of course but even with their first choice defence they have struggled in that department this season. Cluj have only beaten Braga in the group but have played well enough in patches. They are unbeaten away from home after winning in Braga and getting a 1-1 draw with Galatasaray. Again we will go to the Asian Handicap market for the bet in this game. With United looking straight ahead to Sunday then they are vulnerable but you cannot ignore that home record, so with Cluj still in the hunt of qualifying they can certainly run United close and the +.75 on offer for Cluj is worth taking which means if they lose by one we lose half of the bet but anything better and we cash. CLUJ +.75 on Asian Handicap @ 2.05 Bet365

Re: Group H > Dec 5th (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) Cluj must ensure they earn a better result than Galatasaray to qualify for the last 16. The Turkish champions have the advantage going into the final game. A win over Braga in Portugal would see them through.

Re: Group H > Dec 5th (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) Im from turkey and according to the newspapers the team is very motivated at the moment.Turkey is very excited about making it to the last 16 and the whole country is at their back. lots of people are travelling to portugal for the support of team and its been almost three days fans are singing on the streets of istanbul. There was a huge crowd at the airport to see off the team before the match and lol it will be even bigger if the dont qualify and return. Manager stated in todays newspaper that they will put their heart and soul to win so they dont have to depend on other results.Moreover expectations are very high on turkish front man Burak Yilmaz who has been in outstanding form specially in europe scoring a very good hat-trick against Cluj and the only goal against Manchester Club. As far as my prediction is concerned id rather stay away from matches where some teams could pull up anything.I mean Braga they are out now so i really dont know how they are taking this game.it might be dead rubber to them and maybe they dont care or maybe they will play for pride. Burak yilmaz from galatasaray and Alen from braga are top scorers so far in the competition along with Ronaldo and messi with all netting 5 times. I hope this info might be helpfull in deciding your bets. BEst of luck

Re: Group H > Dec 5th (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) Both games both teams to score and over 2,5 goals. Alan to score. burak to score. hernandez to score. rui pedro to score All teams have problems lately in conceeding goals. while they are not shy in scoring goals. I see no rock solid defenses in any of these teams while al lhave their quality in attack. Braga and Manu have nothing to loose. They will play for the win on their home soil. The other two need to get some sort of result to qualify. Every team trailing has nothing to loose anymore. I dont think that either Braga or Man U will cater to the opponent as they play on home soil.

Re: Group H > Dec 5th (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) The players from CFR Cluj will receive 70.000 Euro each if they manage to finish the group stage on the second place tonight. It should be a good motivation. However, in romanian newspapers it's told that even if they qualify for CL, they will receive all the 70.000 just if they will do a better job in the romanian championship. I think the real bonus in somethink like 50.000 E, because the club will ears, in case of qualifying, around 4 milion E plus opportunities for good transfers in West-Europe. So, something around 1 M for the players is not so much. Also, CFR in known in Romania as a good-paying club, a serious one.

Re: Group H > Dec 5th (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) Braga – Galatasaray Braga is already out of European football this year although in my opinion they are not inferior to Cluj or Galatasaray. Braga paid a very high price for some defensive mistakes in matches against Cluj especially at home where they deserved more. They put up a good fight against a strong Manchester squad at Old Traford and they where winning at home until the last 10 minutes of their home fixture. They managed to win in a very difficult pitch such as Galatasaray’s and in general (apart from match away to Cluj) they leave a good impression. They had a huge morale boast on last Friday by defeating Porto in the Portuguese cup and Peseiro their manager are saying they want to leave champions league in style and proving they deserve to reach the next stage. They have no injury concerns and only Douglao (central defender) will face 1 match ban. In his place will play Paulo Vinicius who’s back after being sidelined for 1 month due to injury. He is perfectly capable of replacing Douglao as he was in the starting XI before getting injured. I don’t expect many changes from the previous Braga matches as they had plenty of time to recover from last Friday match and they are only going to play in Portuguese league next Monday. The only important change will be in goal where Quim will have the chance to play instead of Beto. Quim is a very experienced goalkeeper and he had also the chance to play against Porto in the Cup where he did some fine saves. No worries from that end then. Team should be: -----------------Quim-------------------- Salino------Nuno Coelho-----Paulo Vinicius---- Ismaily -----------Custodio----------Hugo Viana Amorim---------R. Micael----------Alan --------------------Eder------------------ Alan is the top scorer but I find much more likely Eder to score tonight. He is in great shape, scored against Porto and he is very difficult to control due to his aggressiveness, ball control and ability to score from almost anywhere. He would be definitely the best Portuguese forward for the next years. Although the price has dropped in the past few hours Braga DNB at @ 1,975 Bet365 seems the way to go here.

Re: Group H > Dec 5th (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) MAN UTD V CLUJ The money for cluj if qualifying is huge, probably their biggest pay day..No doubt Man u have other issues on their mind, I doubt they will keep a clean sheet here, Almost impossible IMO, No matter what Rhetoric comes out. On the other hand Man utd will score goals, So IMO it will be a high scoring game. With plent of attacking. Over 3.5 goals at 2/1(several firms) 10 points Also over 13 corners in the game, Stan James 3/1....5 points GL only game im on tonight

Re: Group H > Dec 5th (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) Manchester United v CFR Cluj - over 2,5 goals @7/10 (Coral) - over 3,5 goals @2/1 (Coral) Braga v Galatasaray - Braga Draw No Bet @10/11 (Coral) I expect lots of goals tonight in this group. Alex Ferguson said that there will be changes but Rooney will start, probably alongside Hernandez. CFR Cluj have a huge chance to qualify to the next stage and like you guys said there is quite a huge amount of money to be won if they do. In Romania, CFR Cluj are 15 points behind the leader and to be honest, the way Steaua Bucharest is playing at the moment Cluj don't stand a chance. I expect Cluj to take the lead in the first half and then we will see goals. Like Drac Blau said, Braga will want to leave the Champions League in style and this is their chance. They already beat Galatasaray in Turkey and by beating Porto at the weekend will give them a morale boost before this match. They have nothing to loose and they will go for it. Galatasaray must not loose to have any chance to qualify. If CFR Cluj score an early goal then the Turks will be under pressure. At Old Trafford I expect a 2-2 scoreline or 3-2 win for either side. At Estadio Municipal de Braga I think the home team will win it just because they will play without any pressure. The Turks have not managed to score in the reverse fixture and I wouldn't be surprised if the same will happen here. 2-0 or 2-1 Braga win.

Re: Group H > Dec 5th (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) Although Braga have been knocked out I believe they will come out tonight for a win.I just dont see Galatasaray winning this one.They have been playing awful lately in the Turkish Super League and I beleive their performance wont change tonight against a very skilled and fast paced Braga team. However I expect goals from both sides but I expect Braga to score 1 more of GS.

seems to be universal opinion on overs here.im not so sure.after the reading debacle and with derby comin up surely Fergie will try everything to shore up the back ? under 2.75 2.07 ibcbet
and ferguson did explicitly mention it in press conference. tough he must be aware of that problem earlier but could not manage to stop it. so will he tell his team to play only for not conceeding? this means they need to play in their own half.. dont think so. eapacialy with a cluj team who has nothing to loose. this game has clear over tendency imo. tough no hish stakes for me.. but choosing under i would be scared

rui pedro to score
I like this one, Rui Pedro is at 10!! with bet365 (ladbrokes: 4.33 / willhill: 3.75 / bwin: 5.75), which imo is just ridiculous taking in consideration that he has scored 3 goals in his last cl match and 4 goals in his last 5 league cups, this guy's is definitely on fire, and Manchester's shaky defense will give him some oppurtunities I think... Rui Pedro 2 score @ 10 Rui Pedro first 2 score @ 29