** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Group H > Nov 20 (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd)

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]CFR Cluj v Sporting de Braga (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.12[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]98.67 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Galatasaray SK v Manchester United (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.10 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Group H > Nov 20 (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) Galatasaray - Man.United Even though Galatasaray are inconsistent at the moment, I believe that they will be able to get all 3 points against the Red Devils. The main reason is that Man.United have already won the group and it is very likely that Sir Alex will bring youngsters to Istanbul and no matter how much motivation they will have to show themselves, Galatasaray have more motivation. The Turks played well against Man.United at Old Trafford and deserved at least a draw and should not have much trouble beating Man.united reserves in front of their home fans. Galatasaray @ 2.10 William Hill

Re: Group H > Nov 20 (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) Absolutely agree here. Ferguson will let his best players at home. Ferdinand, van Persie, Rooney, Evra, de Gea and Carrick could be rested. Youngsters like Lingard, Powell and Henriquez could play. Jones is about to make his comeback in that match according to Ferguson.

Re: Group H > Nov 20 (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) Can someone with knowledge of Cluj or Braga, tell me what they think of Braga +.5AH @ 1.43 (Bovada)? I am looking at this as seemingly an extremely safe bet considering Braga are favored, but I am too uninformed about the sides to judge. Thanks in advance.

Re: Group H > Nov 20 (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) Braga is way too tempting here. I have respect for Cluj, but think they are very inconsistent this season. They fired their coach and architect of their success - Ioan Andone (one of the best coaches in Romanian football), which was a big mistake in my opinion. They are vulnerable at home in the Romanian league - two losses and three draws so far, which is weak according to their standards. They also failed at home to Galata last round. I have the impression that this team feels way more comfortable playing away from home where they are given more space and don't carry the burden of having to push. However, now they will have to push for victory if they want to qualify for the next stage, because they play at Old Trafford in the end, and Galatasaray is meeting tomorrow the second team of United in Istanbul (high likelihood of victory for the Turks). Braga is a team who plays consistently in Europe in the last seasons, though mainly in Europa League. Still, they have been showing very good performances in this tournament and reached quite late stages of the competition. They seem to be comfortable away from home - they won in Istanbul and had a great performance at Old Trafford. I think that the team has more class than Cluj on overall as they possess many high class players: Eder, Viana, Custodio, Ruben Michael - all of them Portuguese internationals. I think they have high chance to prevail, and though the odds dropped a little, I am going with them. Braga @ 2.30

Re: Group H > Nov 20 (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) I dunno about youngsters of ManU. But I guess now having chance to qualify Galatasaray will be more motivated. If ManU youngsters are able to play as a team then Galatasaray wont have chances to get point/s. I always have fear of youngsters of strong teams. :) Anyway, as I mentioned ALOT before Galatasaray wont play DİFFERENT than they have played.! Squad isnot capable of playing various style. If you know Manu has players with PACE or speed then I will suggest you Manu Win. Especially wingers (back and midfield). I may be a pessimist but I am still not convinced about Galatasaray's strength. You may think Galatasaray missed their chance in first match to get 1 point even 3 points in England. But again as I mentioned before Galatasaray's strength finishes at missing chances in front of goal. I mean they will find chances to score but they wont be able to score as much as stats will show ( shots on target ,off target) . Coz if they scored as they shot then this team must be renamed as Barcelona :D With 50000 supporters they will begin match fast and press alot on Manu players. If they find an early goal then BTTS will be most probable bet. Ofcourse it will bring Over 2,5 Goals. If goal doesnt come quick Draw wont be bad for Galatasaray coz 1 point from ManU will make huge difference among 3 teams (Galatasaray, Cluj, Braga) . Galatasaray got all points from Cluj which is a weak team in my opinion. I am guessin Braga will get what they want from Cluj. And I will be right from the beginning that Galatasaray is playing for Europa Cup. Anyway I will bet on ManU Win . Reasoning doesnt fullfil my bet but my guts on ManU.

Re: Group H > Nov 20 (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) About Galata - United: although it would be a second-squad, maybe the players there for United will still be better in head-to-head comparison with these from Galatasaray. However, we should not miss one important point here - these guys have almost never played together in official game and most of them have very few playing minutes. This is a huge disadvantage against the Galata players, who play together fierce competitive games almost twice each week. Moreover, United probably won't have a single leader on the pitch - a man with experience and one commands strong respect among team-mates and can take responsibility in hard times. This is not a good proposition for United when they have to play against a fully motivated Turkish team with 50 thousand fanatic supporters behind them. I still think that Galata's victory is the way to go here, despite dropping price.

Can someone with knowledge of Cluj or Braga' date=' tell me what they think of [b']Braga +.5AH @ 1.43 (Bovada)? I am looking at this as seemingly an extremely safe bet considering Braga are favored, but I am too uninformed about the sides to judge. Thanks in advance.
My advice would be not to bet on something you aren't overly informed about, and secondly not to bet on something you think is "safe" .... :) :ok The question is, is there value in that selection.

Re: Group H > Nov 20 (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) Wow I'm taking the huge price for a Man Utd win, the pressure is all on Galatasaray and history shows that Turkish teams are horrible when the pressure is on them. Yes they're playing at home with 50,000 strong but if they don't perform then the fans are going to turn of them. Galatasaray are in horrible form and SAF needs to target that left side because Hakan Balta is one of the worst left-backs in the league. I honestly think the Man U youngsters are going to rise the occasion and I'm going to back them to win at 5/2

Re: Group H > Nov 20 (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) I also think that Braga should win. Cluj is nothing special, I have been saying this from the first day of this CL season and I played Galata AW last round. Cluj is in a downfall and frankly, only Olympiakos from all the Balkans (I don't count Turkey here cause they are way different than the rest financially) could trouble a team with quality like Braga insuch an important game. Braga AW @2,4 (at local)

Re: Group H > Nov 20 (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) As a Romanian ,i can say to you, about the CFR vs Braga match:....... CFR is on a pretty terrible form on home. Let's do some homework: Last match they lost 0-2 to Astra, a match where i was sure that Astra will score (i've posted it on Punters). The match before, at home, they've lost 1-3 to Galatasaray. Pretty sure of that, too. Two matches before, they have won with Brasov (5-0) and Botosani (FA Cup - 2-0). These last two games, are not good to remember. Anyway, if we dig more in the past, it will come in front the CFR is not a very strong home team. What I want to say is that Braga will win the match. That's because they have a way better team ( CFR did a 1-1 @ Galata, VVVV lucky, Braga won 2-0, CFR won at Braga 2-0 with 23 shots to goal by Braga). I think that reveals a little about the power and force of CFR. The team is weak. Also, consider that Braga lost the firts match against CFR with a situation of 23-3 shots to goal, or something like that. Also, CFRR has a new coach. Not the coach that lead the team to 2-0 at Braga. The new coach may be Portuguese, but I don-t think he will be able to make the difference between the two teams. Also, I think that CFR will play bad at home and they will lose at a bigger difference than 1 goal. My prediction, as a CFR-knowing punter - Braga WIN @ 2,40 Braga -1,5 @ 4,40

Re: Group H > Nov 20 (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) Sir Alex Ferguson will select from a younger squad than usual when he names his Manchester United side to face Galatasaray on Tuesday night. The party of 21 players flying out to Istanbul includes seven young men who have yet to play in the UEFA Champions League, including midfielders Nick Powell, Larnell Cole, Davide Petrucci and Ryan Tunnicliffe, striker Joshua King and defender Marnick Vermijl. The other two - defender / defensive midfielder Tom Thorpe and goalkeeper Sam Johnstone - are still without a senior appearance in any competition for the Reds, although both are United Under-21 regulars and have been capped by England at Under-19 level. The senior players missing the trip to Turkey include Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, David De Gea and Robin van Persie. Travelling squad: Sam Johnstone, Anders Lindegaard; Rafael, Alexander Buttner, Phil Jones, Tom Thorpe, Marnick Vermijl, Scott Wootton; Michael Carrick, Davide Petrucci, Larnell Cole, Tom Cleverley, Darren Fletcher, Anderson, Nick Powell, Ashley Young, Ryan Tunnicliffe; Javier Hernandez, Joshua King, Danny Welbeck, Federico Macheda. Furthermore - Nani, Kagawa, Smalling,Vidic and Evans all out as well. Following this I am taking the Galatasaray win at 2.00 @ Sportingbet and Galatasaray DNB at 1.40 @ Sportingbet before the prices go down. Without their top performers and without any special motivation for this game, I think it will be quite difficult for Man U to get anything from the game. Galatarasay has a great chance to gain a chance to get out of the group and now is the moment for them to make a good performance and win an important win and I am happy to back them at those prices.

Re: Group H > Nov 20 (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) 5pts Galatasaray to beat Man Utd Evs Stan James Looking at this United squad it is hard to see them get out of this one with a win. Galatasaray is a tough and hostile place to go for the most experienced of players let alone a young side with some players who will be making their debuts in Europe. United have the group won and what happens now will happen and I believe a home win will happen in this game. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/galatasaray-vs-man-utd-betting-young-man-utd-side-face-a-very-tough-night-in-turkey

Re: Group H > Nov 20 (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) Hi guys I'd of jumped on Gala at 2.5 now at evens i'm not so sure unless someone can offer more insight on them. The last time United named a squad like this was the 5-4 (ET) league cup game vs a full strength Chelsea side that started: -------------------Hernandez------------------- Wellbeck------------------------------------Nani ------Giggs--------Anderson------Fletcher----- Buttner-----Wooton--------M. Keane------Rafael -------------------Lindegaard-------------------- Giggs and Nani are not travelling with Cleverley/Powell and Young likely replacements plus a fit again Phil Jones is expected to start in defence. None of Cleverley, Anderson or Fletcher started at the weekend and Utd have a comfortable home tie vs bottom of the table QPR on Saturday. At most I could see youngsters Tuncliffe CM, Macheda FW and a RB start. If you expect to see a line up of inexperienced kids wait till the easier home tie vs Cluj prior to the Manchester derby.

Re: Group H > Nov 20 (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) Cheers from Turkey lads , Galatasaray always played high - tension matches with English teams especially in İstanbul ... In 2000 two Leeds fans were killed in the middle of the city in a fight ... We have a great atmosphere in our home stadium but sometimes this big angry crowd can cause problems even for their players ... Galatasaray has a shaky defence this season especially after injury of Ujfalusi Gala conceded in nearly every match ... We conceded goals in every CL match this season it is not a good sign and I think Man Utd can score a goal today but we don't have any choice except of three points ... So Gala's shaky defence and passion of fans and strong frontline of Gala make me to choose Over 2.5 in this match ... BTTS will be an another (nearly) safe bet ... If Chicharito and experienced(!) Cris play in starting eleven I will go for Over 3.5 ... Over 2.5 @ 1.77 (BetCRİS) Over 3.5 @ 2.90 (SportingBet) Gala fans went to airport to welcome Man Utd players ...

Re: Group H > Nov 20 (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) you can still get 11/10 with BETVICTOR on a Galatasaray victory in the group match, SAF is taking 8 champions league virgins on this trip and have to agree with the general chat that United have sewn up top spot and are likely to blood some of those virgins, can see a 2-0 home win here best price 11/1 again BETVICTOR

Re: Group H > Nov 20 (CFR Cluj, Galatasaray, Braga, Man Utd) From recent experience of backing turkish teams including the national side, they are very unpredictable. Dont let me put you off if you fancy them, but Uniteds youngsters will not lie down, and Ferguson will not want a second defeat in a row after losing to lowly Norwich on Saturday