** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Group G > Nov 20 (Barcelona, Benfica, Celtic, Spartak Moscow)

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Spartak Moscow v FC Barcelona (17:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.44[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.38 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Benfica v Celtic (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.33[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]98.39 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Group G > Nov 20 (Barcelona, Benfica, Celtic, Spartak Moscow) Spartak Moscow v Barcelona Spartak really have to win this to stand a chance of qualifying. So I think overs looks likely, especially with Barcelona still needing points. Over 2.5 @ 1.53 (with various bookies) looks good despite the seemingly low odds

Re: Group G > Nov 20 (Barcelona, Benfica, Celtic, Spartak Moscow) Benfica v Celtic Similarly with this game, Benfica probably have to win to stand a chance of qualifying. Celtic might try to defend for a point, but I'm not sure they will be able to defend safely for a 0-0, so I think overs are pretty likely. Over 2.5 1.75 Pinnacle

Re: Group G > Nov 20 (Barcelona, Benfica, Celtic, Spartak Moscow) Crazily the Benfica & Celtic matches against each other usually mirror the 1st meeting between them in the chosen competition. If that tradition holds, then it's gonna be 0-0 but I honestly think it's gonna be broken in this one. Benfica are a pretty hard side to beat at home & Celtic have a few injury problems, so I'll wait to see who's likely to make it before placing my bet(s). Right now I'm going for a score draw, but that may change once the 'outs' are listed.

Re: Group G > Nov 20 (Barcelona, Benfica, Celtic, Spartak Moscow) 4pts Spartak vs Barcelona - Both teams to score 10/11 Coral I’m still not certain about this Barcelona defence. They haven’t kept a clean sheet in their last four matches and even though Spartak are missing one or two I still think they’ll get chances to score in this match. Even though they came close to not scoring in Glasgow a couple of weeks ago it is hard to see Barcelona’s attacking talent not scoring so I think the best bet in this match is for both teams to score. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/spartak-moscow-vs-barcelona-betting-both-sides-should-get-plenty-of-chances-to-score-in-moscow

Re: Group G > Nov 20 (Barcelona, Benfica, Celtic, Spartak Moscow) 4pts Celtic (+1.25AH) to beat Benfica 1.90 BetVictor Benfica’s Champions League campaign hasn’t really got going yet but it needs to soon else it will be over before they would have liked but they won’t find it easy here. Celtic showed in the Nou Camp that they can set up with good organisation and be tough to break down and with a draw being an excellent result in terms of their qualification hopes I think they’ll be hard to break down here too. If Barcelona struggle to break them down you can see Benfica struggling too so I see plenty of value in Celtic on a +1.25 handicap knowing all the time they are capable of scoring on the break. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/benfica-vs-celtic-betting-celtic-can-make-life-very-difficult-for-the-hosts-at-the-stadium-of-light

Re: Group G > Nov 20 (Barcelona, Benfica, Celtic, Spartak Moscow) First goal scored to be an own goal: 28/1 with Boylesports I've never made this type of bet before in my life, even though I'm a fan of the first goalscorer market / anytime scorer markets. Reason I've gone for this is basically I see heartache for Celtic and also think they will be under the cosh for most of the match and there will be a congested penalty area for large periods. Could just as easily see a penalty too, but backing this for tiny stake and little bit of fun.

Re: Group G > Nov 20 (Barcelona, Benfica, Celtic, Spartak Moscow) Barcelona -2 (EH) @ 2.88 sportsbet Expecting a Barcelona backlash after their surprise 2-1 loss at Celtic and probably for their complacent effort against Spartak Moscow when they beat them 3-2 at home. They should have a pretty strong line up for this game as a win will advance them to the next stage of the CL, but like them to do this comfortably as they step up a couple of gears, which will be helped by the fact that Spartak are missing several important players for this game.

Re: Group G > Nov 20 (Barcelona, Benfica, Celtic, Spartak Moscow) *Benfica WIN @ 1/2 BetVictor* Credit to Celtic for beating Barcelona in the last match, but they will struggle tonight at Benfica. Celtic did win in Moscow, but for me Benfica are a better side than Moscow. Celtic will play for a draw here in my opinion, numbers behind the ball and try to shut the door, try and play a couple of counter attacks if they get the chance. Luisao is back for Benfica, that is a massive boost for them. They MUST win tonight or they are out, as they have to play Barcelona away in the last fixture. Celtic know that qualification will be in their own hands, even if they lose tonight, as they have a home match against Spartak in the last game, and they will certainly fancy their chances. Benfica will have too much class for Celtic tonight, i think we can all agree on that. Whether Celtic pull off another miracle is unknown, but i am all over Benfica to win tonight. If they get an early goal at all, it will be curtains for Celtic.

Re: Group G > Nov 20 (Barcelona, Benfica, Celtic, Spartak Moscow) again terrific value on Celtic @ 13/2! (w/ Bet365) Celtic again the team with little pressure to hosts who must win to keep their hopes alive. Benfica have looked nothing special to me, and being at the 1st game at Parkhead found them boring and unable to come up with that extra bit of magic which good CL teams should. I would also say Celtic are a completely different team with a mass of confidence since that first game. NL will have tthe boys fired up and confidence will be flowing. We have no pressure to get a result tonight but with the confidence from recent petrformances i think we will get a result. At the moment Celtic are the only thing keeping scottish football on its legs and each player knows how much a win will life scottish football as progression will then be guaranteed. Celtic always play 10 times better than they do in spl in Europe for some reason. Do not take into account league form as club is soley focused on CL as league should be won regardless with no disrespect to other spl clubs. Celtic are generally a solid squad with little changes in Europe, in SPL the team is different every week because of the position we are in with an easier challenge than previous years. A lot of youngsters are gettting time in spl while key players are being cotton wooled for CL game. So simply put a Celtic team full of confidence, no high expectations placed on them against a desperate benfica side needing points. A score draw is all we need for certainty if barca do the business. Cant see denfica breaking through, no exciting or dangerous football from them that Celtic cant cope with. I would have this priced around 3/1 highest for Celtic win so 13/2 is extreme value and well in with a chance of turning your 20 into 150 expect this price to come down a lot throughout rest of afternoon... also unders @ 21/20 looks huge value hate this market though - first game was tight and dull, expect celtic to keep it very tight here so similar game with counter attack for celtic looking likliest form of goals :cigar

Re: Group G > Nov 20 (Barcelona, Benfica, Celtic, Spartak Moscow) In Spartak - Barcelona i like bet: Barca win from behind 6.50 bet365 Spartak showed that they can score goals when they are hosts in CL. They have a lead in 2 previews host games. For Barca it won't be easy to acclimatize to pitch on Lizhniki and russia cold weather and i see that Saprtak can take a lead in the game and then lose. GL.